Heartbeat

Ghost Love

 

[Soomi]

 

I took a quick trip back to soul land and looked for Eunmi. I had so much questions to asked but I can't stay up there for a long time because I haven't got anything else besides those letters and dead flowers my sister keeps in my shelf. Soul land is beautiful like always, the grass is greener, there were flowers everywhere, happy faces roaming back and forth and there was a lot of saved souls saying goodbye to their friends. I wish I could say goodbye so I can rest and you know maybe be happy in heaven. The grass makes way as I float over them, the birds sing their lullaby as I pass through them and then there it was Eunmi's office. The door automatically opened and I entered. I saw Fate decorating some sort of tree with a bunch of different lights, Eunmi sat by the bottom of the stair staring at Fate.

 

“Glad to have you back” she greeted as I took a sit next to her. I don't know if this is sitting down in the human world but in this world this is sitting down. Our asses were floating off the stair.

 

“Thanks but I won't be long, I just need to ask you a few questions” I said.

 

“Fate told me you only had one question” she continued.

 

“She was wrong, looks like she wasn't in my head just like you are in mine right now” I replied and she chuckled.

 

“You can feel it when I'm searching through your memory?”

 

“Yup, it tickles” I said and laughed.

 

“Well I can't find anything because you seem to block your memory pretty good”

 

I wasn't up for any chit-chat with her because I really need answers; I can't waste any more days looking for that guy. I need to find him and I need to find that anonymous sender of the letters.

 

“Why it is that Jay Park can see me?” she looked at me then looked at Fate. Fate then made an exit and Eunmi looked at me once again.

 

“Are you sure about this?” she asked me.

 

“100%, he can talk to me too. Fate told me that only those who played a big part of your life can see you but obviously that was a lie because I was next to my sister the other day and she didn't see me, I don't think she felt me too and normally people can feel us” I explained.

 

“I know why Jay can see you but I can't tell you, you have to figure everything out for yourself. But I might be able to answer your other questions” she said.

 

“There is this person who sends letter and flowers to my house, it's addressed to me but there's no name, I want to know who it is” I said.

 

“Hmm, your secret admirer; this person will be revealed soon, it's all part of his will” she said while pointing up to heaven. Okay that's two question wasted already.

 

“I need to extend my stay on Earth” I blurted out.

 

“Why?”

 

“I feel like every day is coming in and I can't figure anything out. I don't even know where to start; every day I end up just meeting Jay. He even thinks I'm a stalker and I'm sort of living up to the name but that's not the point, the point is I need more time to get more clues and to follow them. I need more time Eunmi” I explained.

 

“Maybe there's a reason why you always end up at JYP Building?” she said. I looked at her confused and she just smiled. Eunmi was beautiful; she had long dark hair, blue eyes, and dimples on both side of her cheeks and perfect straight teeth, if she was still alive she would be one of those hot models modeling my clothing lines.

 

“Maybe, But there's something I don't get, Jay knows me when I was still alive, I mean he saw me on the magazines but when he dropped me off to my house he doesn't see me as me.”

 

She placed a mirror in front of my face and looked at me.

 

“Who do you see?” she asked.

 

 

“Me!” I replied.

 

“You?”

 

“Yeah me, I look the same as the day I died. Why?”

 

“Okay, I've never seen or heard anything like this before and trust me when I say that I have no idea what is going on between you and Jay but I do have an answer for your other question... I'll extend your stay for another 2 weeks” she said.

 

“That's all? Another 2 weeks? What if I don't find him?”

 

“Then I'm sorry Chris, I can't extend you for another month” she replied.

 

“Go back to Earth, someone's standing by your house right now” she continued and flicked her finger and in one second I was back on Earth. I was standing on top of the roof and saw a girl standing by the front house. She dropped a something in the mailbox and got into her car to drive away. I floated down to the road and remembered the colour and plate number of her car. Who is she?

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Jay]

 

“Junho who told you I had a fight last night?”

 

“Nichkhun told me and I'm sorry I told Lysel, she told me if something happened to you I had to call her” he replied avoiding eye-contact with me. Junho have always been the quiet one and also he's always been so oblivious, but lately I can't read him anymore.

 

“Thanks for telling her anyway” I said.

 

“Jay Park!” I heard Lysel yelled as she enters the practice room.

 

“Be back guys” I said excusing myself from the rest of the boys. Practice for the day was over; we weren't that busy anymore because our album was soon to be released. I placed my hand onto Lysel's shoulder and to my surprised she didn't pushed it away. I sensed that something was wrong with her.

 

“Still upset with me?” I asked. She shook her head and locked her hands with mine. There are only three reasons why she locks her hands with mine; 1) she needed to feel safe, 2) she had some problem with Junho and 3) she just wants to be sweet. I don't know which one it is right now.

 

I didn't even know we walked from JYP building to the park. She let go of my hand and sat down on the swing. I stood behind her and started pushing her lightly.

 

“'Sel what's wrong?”

 

“Nothing” she replied faintly.

 

“We both know that's not true”

 

“You know Jay, I just wish for one day he will realise that I actually exist. You know, just one day Jay!” she replied angrily.

 

“Mind enlightening me?”

 

“It's the usual Jay, I ask and it's like I don't even exist” she continued raging.

 

“Lyselmae Latienza, I don't understand” I said when I had enough.

 

“I don't care anymore, I'm off. You can stay here if you want but I'm leaving” she said and left me all alone at the park.

 

Okay? Was I that bad of a company?

 

. . . . .

 

“I'm out at the park Junho and no Lysel's not with me; whatever you both fought about, please fix it. She seemed upset the last time she left me” I said and hanged up. Another thing you should know about Junho and my best friend is; they have some sort of mutual understanding. The problem with Junho is, he is so stuck with his past and Lysel, well she's too in love.

 

 

“Hey stranger” I heard a familiar voice greeted. I turned around and found Chris smiling down on me.

 

“Hey stalker”

 

“Let me rephrase hello b-boy” she said. I rolled my eyes and then she took a sit next to me.

 

“You really got to stop following me” I started.

 

“I told you I'm not following you, coincidence that you're wherever I go” she replied so certain.

 

“If that's your story” I replied.

 

There was something about this girl that really just doesn't bother me, I said it before I don't trust girls but with her I just feel so comfortable but at the same time I felt so weird.

 

“How's the jaw?”

 

“Good, how's Ellie doing?” I asked. She looked at me with one eyebrow raised and just smiled.

 

“I'll take that as a 'Yes she's good'” I said.

 

“Well yeah she is, I guess”

 

“You guess?”

 

“Ellie and I hardly talk”

 

“But you both live in the same house”

 

“She comes home late, I don't have time to speak with her and why am I the only one answering questions?”

 

“You never ask any” I replied and smiled.

 

“Well firstly why do you care so much about my cousin?”

 

“That I can't answer, I don't want to go there” I said avoiding the topic. I got up from where I was sitting and looked down on her.

 

“I'll be going now, you should head back home” I said and turned my back on her. I started walking away when I saw a bunch of drunken guys coming towards our way. I turned back around and looked at Chris, she looked at me with her eyebrows closing in with each other, I didn't think twice and grabbed her wrist, it was a bit cold but I didn't care I just started running away with her. We were running for about 10 minutes, I pulled her to my side when I know we were safe. I looked at her and she wasn't scared one bit, in fact her face looked shocked.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“YOU CAN TOUCH ME?!?” she exclaimed. I realised that I was still holding onto her wrist, I quickly let go and there was confusion written all over her face.

 

“How can you touch me?” she asked.

 

“Okay I'm sorry, I know we don't know each other but I had to pull you away from there or else I would have gotten into another fight” I explained.

 

Her jaw dropped and she stared at me bewildered, yet again.

 

“WHAT? I said I'm sorry. The last time I'll be saving you” I said.

 

“No it's not that, it's just complicated” she replied then silenced took over us. I could hear my heart beating, I know the rhythm of my heart but for some reason I couldn't hear hers.

 

“Your heartbeat...” I started. She continued looking at me still bewildered.

 

“I can't hear it” I continued. She pushed me to the side and she started running away, in less than seconds she was out of sight, I had no chance on catching up to her. All that was left with me, was her scent... and the question, why couldn't I hear her heartbeat?