Eunmi [Part I]

Ghost Love

 

[Jay]

 

“Yuck, Jay since when did you become so cheesy?” Taecyeon asked rhetorically. Chansung and Junsu laughed, Wooyoung on the other hand was too busy fiddling with his phone.

 

“Taec, did Junho say when they will be back?”

 

“Nope” he replied plain and simple.

 

“Don't worry, she's fine” Junsu said.

 

I wasn't worried about just Lysel; I was worried about Junho too. I'm worried that if Eunhee visits the dorm they won't be here; that's another fight exploding in one day.

 

“Jay the boys are exhausted, you should tell them to go to sleep” I heard Mi said. I looked at the boys and they were trying to keep their eyes open for some reason when they could just be sleeping, even Wooyoung was like half asleep while typing stuff on his phone.

 

“You all should head to bed, you look exhausted” I told them. They nodded their heads and headed for the room besides Wooyoung. I don't even think he can hear me.

 

“Woo, go to bed”

 

“Wait – wait” he said.

 

“He's doing your 5 steps” Mi informed me and I started laughing to myself.

 

“Okay I'm off to bed” he informed me then he skipped his way to the room. Mi sat next to me and I wrapped my arm around her. For some unknown reason her temperature was like the same temperature as mine. She must be relaxing, calming her system down.

 

“How many girls have you tried your 5 steps on?” She asked jokingly.

 

“All of them” I joked back.

 

“Lucky none of them fell for it aye?”

 

“Actually one did”

 

“Nugyu?”

 

“YOU!” I replied then she started laughing her hearts out.

 

To be honest I love having her as my girlfriend. She's not like any of those girls out there. You know the ones where appearance matters the most before their boyfriend and those girls who can't take a bloody joke. Or the ones who wants their boyfriend to be there for them 24/7, the clingy type you know.

 

“Looks like your cousin and Khun's having fun” Mi said cutting all my thinking off.

 

“HAHA, they are probably under a tree kissing and making up!” I joked.

 

“How did you know?!” she replied shocked.

 

“What? Is that what they are doing?”

 

“No” she said then laughed.

 

“You're not funny”

 

“I wasn't trying to be, I was trying to distract you. You seem so out there and I'm here waiting for you to talk to me” she said all of a sudden.

 

That was the time I felt bad.

 

 

Of course she knew something was wrong with me, she was like an X-Ray machine that can see through every emotion I was hiding. But you have to admit, that's some beautiful X-Ray machine.

 

“Talk to me Jay” she said.

 

“I'm fine seriously, I got worried here and there but I'm fine. Lysel's my bestfriend and your cousin's a pest, no offence babe. Junho's my brother; he's not as strong as you think. Jaemin's my cousin, she's a tough cookie but in the end she's still a girl – vulnerable. Khun's confused because he was ‘in love’ with you. I'm just scared for their relationship” I explained to her. She looked at me with a smile on her face.

 

“You're a good guy, Jay Park” she said making me laugh. She looked at me confused; I locked her deeply in my arms then kissed the top of her head.

 

“Déjà Vu” I whispered.

 

“Huh?”

 

“You said that to me the night I dropped you off home. The night you met Minhae, when I was about to go you told me that” I told her reminding her about the night I first took her home and she disappeared on me in a micro second.

 

“AH, now I remember. But I can't believe that you remember and I don't” she said then laughed again.

 

She was full of laughter today.

 

I'm not complaining, I love it but it just doesn't seem normal.

 

“Jay, I have to talk to you about something” she said seriously.

 

“If it's about Eunhee I don't want to hear it” I informed her causing her to chuckle.

 

“My world doesn't revolve around her okay... It's about me” she replied.

 

The word ‘ME’ made me stiffens. I heard her talking to Fate (I think) today at the practice room. She was talking about her and me so I hope this is nothing serious like breaking up.

 

“I'm in trouble” she continued.

 

“How?”

 

“They found out about me falling in love with you and now they are punishing my guardian. Anytime now they will punish me too, and I'm scared that our time is limited... not that it wasn't before but you know what I mean” she explained.

 

I was lost for words.

 

I only had a month with her and now, their limiting it even more? It's like life is playing a trick on us.

 

Maybe it's a trial. That's it; it's a trial to see how well she and I can hold onto our love; that's got to be it.

 

“I'm sure it's nothing massive like what you're thinking” I told her trying to calm her down.

 

“Maybe but what if it is?”

 

“Then we'll face it together” I assured her.

 

“You should go to bed, come on” she said pulling me to the room.

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Soomi]

 

I watched Jay sleep.

 

He looked peaceful.

 

Would I look that peaceful once I disappear?

 

The word 'dying' scares me even though I've been through it before. But back then I didn't have anyone like Jay Park; I only had two overprotective parents and a sister who lies trying to protect me. Back then I didn't have friends but now I do, Jay's here.

 

5 months ago I wasn't scared of disappearing from the world, I mean basically my will to live wasn't as strong anymore anyway but now; everything is harder.

 

You know the feeling of letting go but somehow you can't? That feeling scares me the most. What if it's time for me and Jay to let go? Will he have that feeling? I don't want him to hold onto me when it's time to go; it's scary that way.

 

I was too busy thinking and didn't hear Wooyoung come in the room. I quickly moved away when he came to Jay's side. He shook Jay a little and he was awake.

 

“Wooyoung, do you have any idea what time it is now?” Jay asked lazily.

 

“I know but I can't get over something” Wooyoung replied and sat next to Jay. Jay slowly made his way up so he can lean against the wall. His eyes were half open, he looked so annoyed but he's being a good Hyung and started listening to Wooyoung's cry.

 

“Do you think she's into me?” Wooyoung asked, how many minutes later.

 

“Who? Jae Yeon?” Jay asked the most obvious question, Wooyoung nodded then Jay laughed.

 

“Don't tell me you were actually doing the 5 steps?”

 

“Well, stupid as I may sound... I was going to” Wooyoung replied with so much honesty.

 

“Woo, you don't need my 5 steps to make Jae Yeon realise how much you care for her, just let her know you're there for her. Let her know you're not going anywhere... it's that easy. Now go back to sleep and wait for tomorrow to come and confess to her” Jay suggested putting a smile on Wooyoung's face.

 

“What would I do without you?” Wooyoung said then left the room.

 

Jay was still leaning against the wall.

 

I found myself going next to him. He released a faint smile then held onto my hand.

 

“I had a dream about you” he said then chuckled.

 

“You dream of a soul?”

 

“Only difference is you weren't a soul” he said.

 

“WOW that's some dream. Maybe you should sleep again so you can continue” I teased.

 

“Maybe I will” he said then laid down falling me along with him.

 

I lay with Jay's arms securing me, I felt so secure like tomorrow won't matter anymore. I can hear him breathing just behind my neck, this was the perfect moment; the perfect night. - Too perfect that I found myself closing my eyes deep into a slumber.

 

-

 

“JAY PARK!!!!” I heard a yell.

 

“JAY PARK, WAKE UP!” I heard the same voice yelling. I felt that my eyes were so heavy. I felt like I've fallen into a deep sleep or something but what the heck happened last night?

 

I felt Jay's arms loosen around my waist. He quickly sat up and I did too, I sat next to him and watched him stretched here and there. I saw Lysel standing by the door, looking straight at Jay. Her expression was confusing, she's angry but then she looked shocked.

 

“YAH, what the hell is wrong with you? Can't you see I'm sleeping?” Jay spoke. Lysel stomped her way in the room and shut the door closed and locked it. Is she planning to Jay?

 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! Mind explaining to me who this is on your bed?” She yelled angrily.

 

“What have you been smoking? I'm the only one here” Jay replied and started laughing at Lysel. Did she just refer to me as a sl—u—t?

 

“JAY!?” I said panicking.

 

“Good job Jay. What happened to I'm so in love, now you have this...” she said while pausing then eyeing me. “Girl on your bed” she continued.

 

“Lysel I'm the only one here” Jay once again said. But of course I didn't know what to believe, I wasn't sure if she could actually see me or Jay is dreaming and somehow I'm inside his head.

 

“Nice try” she said then she walked passed Jay then held onto my hand then dragged me out of the bed.

 

My eyes were as big as Jay's.

 

“Who is this then?”

 

“Mi, she can see you?” Jay asked me.

 

“That's what it looks like” I told him.

 

“Of course I can see....” Lysel paused when she looked at me once again. “It's her, isn't it?” she continued while looking at Jay. Jay nodded his head then Lysel quickly let go of my hand then started bowing in apology.

 

“Miane, I didn't mean to call you a ” she said. Instead of saying okay, I laughed at her. Not in a bad way, she was too cute.

 

“How can you see me?” I asked her.

 

“I don't know but I wasn't the only one who can see you, Junho saw you too. He's the one who told me there was a girl next to Jay, sleeping” she explained.

 

My head was spinning already and Jay's head too. We were confused, what the freaking heck is happening to me? We were about to discuss something when I felt Eunhee's presence coming towards the room.

 

“Eunhee's coming, you might want to unlock that door” I said to Jay. He quickly unlocks the door and within seconds Eunhee came in. I felt Lysel holding onto my hand.

 

“Jay, what are you---” before she could finish her sentence, her eyes landed on me. Lysel's grip became tighter; I can feel her scared for me.

 

“And who are you?” Eunhee asked.

 

“My cousin, she came by this morning and she missed Jay so I took her here to see him” Lysel covered up.

 

“It was nice to see you again Jay, I'll be back later. I think I'll be borrowing my cousin for awhile” I said then pulled Lysel away from Jay's room and headed for the living room. Everyone's eyes were focused on me.

 

“Please if Eunhee ask, she's my cousin. Her name is Soomi” Lysel quickly informed the group then I pulled her out of the dorm. We ended up on top of the roof. She was like huffing and puffing, I felt so bad for doing what I did.

 

“Miane, I'm Soomi, Heo Soomi” I introduced myself.

 

“I know but wow you don't look like the Soomi the whole world knows about” she said.

 

“Yeah I've been told” I replied then she smiled. I was about to open another conversation with her when I saw Sunye flying towards my way.

 

“Sunye, what the hell is wrong with me?” I asked as soon as she reached me.

 

“I have no time to explain we have to get to Eunmi as soon as possible!” she said panicking.

 

“Eunmi?”

 

“Just come already!” she said pulling me away from Lysel.

 

“LYSEL PLEASE TELL JAY I'LL COME BACK!” I yelled then waved goodbye at Lysel.

 

'Eunmi? Tell me she's not getting punished hardcore because of me.'