'Jay You Fool'

Ghost Love

 

[Jay]

 

“Wooyoung come here for two seconds” Lysel called from the kitchen. Lysel and Jae Yeon started cooking for us while I and the boys play with our Wii. Nichkhun and Taecyeon were yelling at each other because of Mario Kart. These boys shouldn't play anymore.

 

The morning was going by so slow; I haven't felt Soomi's presence. I'm just not use to not being around her and I have no idea where she is right now. I can't go out because today was our practice day, we're just waiting for our evil manager to come back from JYP's office; she's probably blackmailing him.

 

“Hyung want to play?” Chansung asked. I shook my head and he shrugged his shoulders. I stood up and was on way to the kitchen when the door opened. I saw Eunhee carrying a box with the worst look in her face; I'm guessing she didn't win against JYP.

 

“What's that?” I asked.

 

“It’s a package for you” she replied while shoving it into my chest.

 

'!' I cursed in my mind. She sat down on the couch fiddling with her so called “organizer”; Looks like she isn't starting a war with the girls.

 

I looked at the return address of the box and it was address to Soomi's company and named under Ellie. I tried processing in my head what it could be but then nothing.

 

“What's that?” I heard Junho asking.

 

“I don't know” I replied and walked away from him. I headed for my room then opened the package. It was full of envelopes, letters? I opened the envelope that was stuck to one of the lid of the box. The scent of the paper was recognizable, Ellie's paper.

 

“Hey you,

 

Sorry about what happened when you visited but it was nice of you to visit again. Here are the letters that Nichkhun and Taecyeon asked for, they wanted you to read the things they wrote to my sister and I don't even know why. They asked for it last night so I hope you guys have fun reading.

 

~ Always; Ellie” the letter read.

 

I closed the box and slide it under my bed then headed out. Wooyoung and Jae Yeon were now playing the Wii, Wooyoung is getting owned and he doesn't like it. Eunhee was watching Junho and Lysel in the kitchen while the rest of the boys help out cooking breakfast.

 

“ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THIS BEFORE?” Wooyoung yelled as Jae Yeon still owns him. I slowly made my way on the couch and sat while watching Jae Yeon continue owning Wooyoung.

 

“JAE YEON~AH!” Wooyoung groaned.

 

“Wooyoung you baby” I teased.

 

“Not fair Hyung, she can play better than me” she sulked, while pressing the buttons of the Wii harder. It is so good when a girl hurts a guy's ego, especially when it’s with something they are good at.

 

“Breakfast is ready” Chansung, the hungry guy announced. Wooyoung and Jae Yeon were still concentrating on the game. I just left them and headed for the kitchen. Eunhee walked away when I came in and slammed the front door on us. The boys rolled they eyes then surrounded the table.

 

“That's a lot of food” I commented.

 

“Not even enough for Chansung” Lysel teased. Chansung pouted his lips and Nichkhun laughed. The boys have been great, they are the only family I have here in Korea and I don’t think I’ll survive without them.

 

“WOOYOUNG, JAE YEON COME ON THE FOOD IS GETTING CALLED!” Taecyeon yelled over.

 

“Not yet Hyung, she’s on a winning streak. One more lap I promise” Wooyoung replied sounding so concentrated. We all laughed silently and I sat down next to Lysel. I was about to get food when Lysel hit my hand. I looked at her confused and she raised her eyebrow.

 

“We shall say grace from now on” she said.

“Jay do you mind?” she asked.

 

“Not at all” I replied.

‘Thank you lord for the food and thank you for this wonderful family also thank you that our journey is just about to begin. Amen’ I prayed and Lysel smiled at me. Everyone started eating without caring about the person next to them. The food were delicious, Lysel and Jae Yeon cooked ramen to keep our energy up, there were fruits for desert, there were some lettuce wrap along with some galbi and a whole lot of food. It was like a feast at 2PM’s dorm today.

 

“ ON THAT!!!”  We heard the quiet Jae Yeon yelled while Wooyoung groan in defeat.

 

“Not fair you said it’s your first time” he complained.

 

“I also said that I learn fast” she replied then she started running in the kitchen

 

Instant best friends equal instant lovers, I hope.

 

Wooyoung followed right after with the biggest sad face on, he leaned over to get some lettuce wrap and started wrapping it. He then shoved it in his mouth without thinking how big the wrap was. He opened his mouth trying to fit the biggest wrap I have ever seen making Jae Yeon crack up in amusement; I was too but not as much as her.

 

“Oppa, it’s too big” she said and pulled Wooyoung’s hand away from his mouth. She took the wrap off Wooyoung’s hand and started wrapping it again, this time smaller. Wooyoung just stared at her happily yet annoyed.

 

“Jae Yeon~ah, it’s rude to stick your hands into people’s food” Lysel said.

 

“Oh, Miane” she said and ate the wrap herself. Wooyoung was even more furious but happy? He is a confused child, this Wooyoung.

 

 

“So what’s today’s plan? Anyone want to enlighten the leader of this group?”  I said.

 

“Practice Noona doesn’t want you out of her sight” Chansung replied.

 

“Waeyo? Is she like addicted to me or something? She knows I hate her and stuff”

 

“That’s mainly the reason why, you rebel against her too much” Nichkhun replied.

 

I don’t get that girl.

 

If someone rebels against you, wouldn’t you want to get rid of them not keep them? Jeez, crazy witch.

 

After our feast we headed for the practice room. Eunhee was there waiting while still fiddling with her organizer. Lysel and Jae Yeon came with us to well of course piss Eunhee off and to take photos of us while fiddling with their laptop.

 

“What are they doing here?” The angry witch asked.

 

“PHOTOGRAPHERS REMEMBER!”  Wooyoung said while swaying the camera the Jae Yeon had around her neck. The poor girl getting strangled but this retarded kid. Eunhee once again stomped across the room to the boys. “POSITION!” she commanded. I guess we really are getting on her nerves, good job! I looked at Lysel who had a smirk on her face; she’s gotten stronger ever since…

 

She just crossed my mind again.

 

Where are you Soomi?

 

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Soomi]

 

 I sat alone on top of the tree house not knowing what to do. The sun was almost down and the whole street was glowing in orangey like colour. It was the perfect afternoon for a lot of people but not for me.

 

All day I couldn’t stop thinking about Jay, I couldn’t stop thinking about how crazy he is for falling in love with me and vice versa. Our situation is like a math equation, you wouldn’t remember all the numbers and all the roots of a number just like that… You have to be smart enough to actually figure and remember them.

 

I don’t think I’m making sense again, I’m not right?

 

I sighed to myself as I buried my face in between my palms. I really didn’t know what to do or even say. I wasn’t ready to see him, I just wasn’t.

 

Suddenly I started moving along with the wind. I didn’t know what was happening, the wind was carrying me but how could it? I should be able to take control of my body but I wasn’t. Are they pulling me back already? If they are that’s not fair, I haven’t said goodbye to Jay. I haven’t even told him how I feel, I just haven’t… Before I could finish my entire dilemma in my head I landed to where he was – JYP Building. I tried moving away but the wind was still leading me inside the building.

 

‘What the hell do you want?’ I asked.

 

“I thought you’d never ask” A high pitched like voice answered. Then the wind that was visible to me somehow turned into a little girl. She was cute; her cheeks were like Wooyoung’s. Her eyes were like Khun’s eyes so round and just dark black. Her smile reminded me of Junho’s smile; is she some sort of mix of 2PM?

 

“Who are you?” I asked.

 

“I will be your guardian” she said making laugh. When I realised she wasn’t kidding I quickly stopped and looked at her.

 

“What happened to Eunmi?”

 

“She’s got other stuff to deal with. I’m Sunye nice to meet you Soomi” she explained. Her voice was really irritating; she was probably younger than me; looking at her height and her annoying voice.

 

“Why would a guardian be here?”

 

“I’m not like Eunmi, I won’t stop you from doing what you want to do” she said. She sounded just like Fate making me curious on why Eunmi isn’t my guardian anymore.

 

“I don’t want to be here” I lied.

 

“Clearly you’re the worst liar on Earth. I am far older than you, I like to look young. Now go in there, go to Jay’s room; he’s about to do something stupid yet admirable” she said and in one blink she was gone.

 

I took a deep breath and floated to 2PM’s dorm.

 

-

 

“Lysel you have to listen to me carefully okay? Don’t think that I’m insane or like weird but I have to tell you this” I heard Jay speaking behind the closed door. Everyone was in the living room playing games again with another girl.

 

“You’re freaking me out Jay, what’s going on?” Lysel’s worried tone covered the silent room. I heard Jay’s heart beat pattern changed from normal to spastic. I was getting worried as well, what the hell is wrong with him? Through my worries I didn’t have the courage to walk through the wall and see him.

 

“I’m… Promise me first you won’t think I’m weird or I need a psychiatrist or something okay?”

 

“Alright I promise” Lysel replied.

 

“Well I’m in love…”

 

OH SHOOT!!! What the hell is he doing? I tried walking through the door but I couldn’t, I could walk through walls not long ago now I can’t? What the hell is wrong with me?

 

“THAT’S FANTASTIC!” Lysel replied spastically followed by the question “Who?”

 

“That’s when you might think I’m crazy”

 

“I always think you’re crazy, come on try me”

 

“She’s a very special girl and I would trade anything to hold her in my arms; to walk side by side with her along the streets without anyone going crazy or anyone fan-girling over me. I really would give anything to hear her heart thump even just once for me, I really would Lysel. She’s special, too special” he spoke so deeply. I felt my eyes getting watery, tears? Well I wasn’t surprise I knew sometime sooner I will be infected with Eunmi’s tears disease (sarcasm implied?).

 

“She must be special; I mean come on how often does the leader of 2PM, Park Jaebeom falls in love?” Lysel said trying to lighten the mood which raises the “WHO” question again.

 

“I’m in love with a ghost or soul; whatever she is I love her and its true Lysel. I am in love” Jay replied. Silence once again took over them then Lysel laughed a little.

 

“PABO” she said.

 

“WAEYO?”

 

“You think I wouldn’t believe you?” she asked.

 

“Yes” Jay replied with a little confusion in his tone.

 

“I could see it in your eyes. She does exist; I’ve known you for far too long to not believe you. I believe you Jay, be careful okay? I mean it’s not every day a person falls in love with a soul or ghost. You have to tell me all about her, she must be great” Lysel replied with so much honesty.

 

She really does believe Jay. I hope I can see her.

 

‘Jay you fool’ I whispered and floated into the living room.