Collar

A Foxy Present

Kibum turned around in his basket for the hundredths time that night. He just couldn’t sleep and he didn’t even know why. He sighed and rubbed over his nose with his paws in annoyance. He looked around the room, but couldn’t see much due the darkness. The fox stood up and shook himself, yawning once. He carefully moved out of his bed, across the living room, heading towards his master’s room. He managed to open the door and scurried inside quietly.

He looked around and spotted his master’s frame in the bed. He smiled and went over to him, jumping on the bed gracefully and quiet and snuggling up next to him. He watched out because he didn’t want to disturb Jonghyun’s precious sleep. He sighed satisfied once he was settled comfortably and warm and closed his eyes, taking in his master’s sweet scent.

It didn’t take much time before the fox fell asleep next to the male, dreaming peacefully and content.

 

Jonghyun woke up the next morning by a ticklish feeling around his nose. He scrunched it up, wanting to get rid of that feeling, but it didn’t work. He grumbled and moved a bit, eyes still closed. The feeling stayed and the male grumbled once more, blinking his eyes open. His vision cleared after a few moments and what he saw, was fur…very soft looking fur.

He frowned, not knowing where that fur came from, but then he remembered that they had a fox running around the house. He chuckled lightly and sighed. Key was lying on top of him, his front paws on his chest and his tail wrapped around his body. His fluffy ears which Jonghyun was fond of, brushing against Jonghyun face. They twitched as the male chuckled, but the fox thankfully didn’t wake up. Jonghyun didn’t want to destroy that cute sight. His gaze fell onto the pink collar and removed it, thinking that Key probably was uncomfortable with it as a human.

He carefully the fox’s head, loving the soft fur under his fingers. Why did he feel so attracted to him even in his fox form? Wasn’t it a bit strange to feel attracted by a fox? Jonghyun shook his head. Nothing was normal about this fox/boy, but that was good like that. He didn’t really tell anyone, but he felt something towards Kibum that was more than just the bond between owner and pet. He couldn’t really explain what he felt, but it was a nice feeling, something warm and comfortable.

The fluffy ball on his chest moved a bit and slowly feline eyes opened, staring blankly right into Jonghyun’s puppy ones. The fox broke the contact as he yawned and his snout right afterwards, lying his head back down on his pillow, meaning Jonghyun’s chest. The male chuckled and had to laugh as he saw that Key looked up startled because his comfortable pillow moved up and down. He pawed Jonghyun chest a few times softly, telling him to hold still.

Once that happened he laid his head back down again, tail swishing a bit before it wrapped itself around his body again. Jonghyun his back and the fox purred which send low vibrations trough the male’s upper body. His hand wandered to one of the fluffy ears and he it, rubbing it between his fingers and you could almost see Key’s body melting.

The fox’s mind had turned to mush and his eyes were almost completely shut, purring loudly now. How could Jonghyun know so exactly what he wanted? It was paradise, an every pets dream to be petted like that. He could go to sleep right this moment, but the hand disappeared sadly. Kibum whined and pawed Jonghyun’s chest again.

The male ignored him and sat up. Kibum, not wanting to leave his master, quickly jumped up and laid himself around Jonghyun’s neck, finding a comfortable position and staying there.

“Just watch out that you don’t fall down, okay?” Jonghyun said concerned and Kibum nudged his head against the human’s neck as an answer.

“Good. Now then let’s eat breakfast.”

With that Jonghyun climbed out of his bed, opened the door and walked towards the kitchen. Taemin and Onew were already there while Minho was probably still sleeping…like always.

“Morning hyung…and Key,” Taemin said cheerfully and eyed Key around his hyung’s neck. “I wanna try that too!” he announced with sparking eyes and pointed at the fox.

First Jonghyun thought that Taemin wanted to wrap himself around his neck, but then he understood that he wanted Key around his own neck. He looked at Key who didn’t seem to be bothered with that so he took him and laid the fox around the maknae’s neck.

“Ah so soft and warm,” Taemin sighed and closed his eyes. Sure Key was very comfortable around the neck, almost like a fluffy scarf.

Kibum allowed himself a little joke and moved his tail a bit so that it was directly under the maknae’s nose and pulled it back slowly. Taemin stared at his tail wide eyed and Jonghyun and Onew laughed at him.

“You should see your face,” the oldest gasped.

Taemin pouted and glared at Key. “Yah, don’t do that.”

After the older two had stopped laughing they sat down again and ate breakfast. Kibum climbed down from Taemin, who whined a bit at the loss and walked around the table, sniffing the different things. If it had been another pet they all would have said something by now, but Key was a different case since they knew that he had also a human form.

The fox ate half of Jonghyun toast, a tomato and some of Onew’s fried eggs. After his stomach had been filled he hopped down on the ground and flounced around the kitchen. That was when he noticed something…it felt rather empty around his neck…something was missing! He looked around, not sure if he had lost it somewhere in the kitchen. He ran around the room, looking under the table and in every corner, but couldn’t find anything. He couldn’t lose his collar; it showed that he belonged somewhere, that he had a master and he liked it. Would Jonghyun be mad at him if he found out that he lost it? He whined and scratched the floor despair.

“Key!” Jonghyun warned the fox who suddenly began to scratch the ground. The fox had been behaving so well until now, why was he doing this?

Kibum didn’t listen to him and only scratched further at the wooden floor.

“Key, stop it!” Jonghyun said firmly, but his pet still didn’t stop. He got a bit angry and stood up, walking towards Key. The gripped the fox’s fur around the neck and lifted him up a bit so that his front paws couldn’t scratch the floor anymore. Kibum whimpered a bit because it wasn’t very pleasant and looked at Jonghyun with big, watery eyes. Now his master was mad at him.

“I said stop it, so stop it, okay?”

Key was a bit confused and tried to ask what was wrong, but Jonghyun shut him up.

“Just go!”

He let go of the fox and Kibum hurriedly ran to the living room, hiding under the couch and rolling up into a tinny ball. He felt so bad because his master was angry at him and he scratched the floor and he lost his collar. He was a stupid pet that couldn’t even do what it was told. He whimpered and covered his ears with his paws.

 

“Don’t you think that was a bit exaggerated?” Onew asked.

“Yeah…” Jonghyun sighed and rubbed his face. Why had he been so angry at Key? He sure had his reasons to do something like that.

“You should go and apologize to him,” Taemin suggested and drank his banana milk like he was the hyung.

Jonghyun sighed once more and stood up. “You’re right.” He walked into the living room, but couldn’t see Key anywhere. Right as he wanted to go search somewhere else he heard whimpering from under the couch. Right, Kibum’s favorite hiding spot.

He crouched down in front of the furniture and saw a huddled fox who covered his ears with his paws.

“Key,” Jonghyun called softly and sad, feline eyes looked at him. “I’m sorry, I overreacted a little bit.”

Kibum stared at him, his eyes still a bit watery.

 “Am I forgiven?” the older asked and showed the fox his best puppy eyes.

Kibum crooked his head a bit and slowly crawled forward, gaze fixed onto Jonghyun. As he came out from under the couch he found himself in Jonghyun thigh embrace he loved so much.

“I’m sorry,” Jonghyun repeated one more time and petted Kibum’s head.

The male felt a change in his arms and soon didn’t hold a fox anymore; instead his arms were wrapped around Kibum’s human body.

“I lost it,” mumbled the boy quietly in his shoulder and Jonghyun frowned.

“What did you lose?” he asked and Kibum looked up at him, so sad that it almost broke his heart.

“This,” his hand wrapped around his throat and he showed Jonghyun that there was nothing.

First the older didn’t quite know what Kibum wanted to tell him, but then he understood it. He chuckled a bit and removed the boy’s hand.

“You mean the collar?” he asked and Key frowned. He didn’t know what the thing was called.

“That what you had around your neck,” explained Jonghyun and the fox nodded.

The human petted his head and sighed. Because of that he had been angry at Key.

“You don’t have to worry, I took it off.”

Key’s eyes widened. “B-But why?”

“I thought you would be uncomfortable with it around your throat the whole time, especially in your human form.”

“But I like it,” Key mumbled and looked down, ears flattening, sad that his…collar wasn’t there anymore.

“Should I put it back on?” Jonghyun asked, seeing how sad Key was.

The fox’s mood immediately lifted up and he nodded furiously with a smile on his face. Jonghyun chuckled and stood up.

“Arraso, wait here, I’ll get it.”

Key did what he was told and waited patiently until his master was back. Jonghyun took the pink collar from his night stand and went back to the living room. Kibum’s tail was thumping against the floor and the human squealed on the inside. So cute.

He kneeled in front of Kibum and put the collar back in its place. It felt strangle to attach something like this on a human, but he ignored it because you couldn’t compare normalities with a shapeshifter.

“There you go.”

Kibum squealed and hugged him. Jonghyun chuckled and petted his back.

“Thank you!” Kibum said and quickly kissed the older on the lips, blushing during the process.

Jonghyun smirked and crooked one eyebrow. “Well no problem,” he said huskily and Kibum got flustered at his tone.

 

 

 


 

Yap this is crap, but I don't really have time now...sorry guys, but thanks for your support.

Love you all

Bye