Beach

A Foxy Present

 

The little group of five guys was currently seated in Jonghyun’s car and they were on their way to the beach. The weather was hot, a cloud free blue sky let the sun shine down on Seoul and heated up the city. Everyone ran around with as little clothing as possible and some even had little sun umbrellas with them.

The air conditioner in the car was on full blast and the top window was opened as well to make it somewhat bearable in the vehicle. All of them wore some loose bathing trunks and thin shirt with sunglasses tugged in their hair. Their bags were all stuffed in the trunk of the car together with some balls, a frisbee, a big sun umbrella, towels and everything else they might need on a day at the beach.

“Are were there yet?” Taemin asked with a whiny voice and Jonghyun sighed.

“No.”

It had been the 10th time the maknae had asked that question. He was even more impatient that Kibum who was surprisingly pretty quiet and didn’t whine the whole time. He just looked out of the window with a big smile and watched the scenery pass by quickly.

They could have driving to the beach that was located at the center of Seoul but they didn’t want to spend their free time cramped in between as mass of people and only have a bit of space where they could move. Oh no, instead they had decided to drive a bit further out of the city and find a place that was not that crowded.

“And now?”

Jonghyun closed his eyes for a second and took a deep breath, clutching the steering wheel so that his knuckles turned white.

“If we were there already we wouldn’t be driving anymore, right?” Kibum said without turning his head towards the maknae.

Everyone gaped at him slightly surprised. He normally didn’t say stuff like that.

The blonde turned around to the three guys in the back and smiled at them. “He’s so annoyed that’s it’s already starting to rub off on me,” he said and pointed at Jonghyun who blinked dumbfounded.

“See that?” Kibum asked and pointed at his ears that actually look normal but if you looked closely you could see the fur sticking up abnormally like he had just received and electric shock. On top of that the right one twitched every few seconds like there was a fly annoying it.

“That’s because I’m annoyed?” Jonghyun asked bewildered and the younger nodded.

“Yeah…..it takes a lot to annoy me so it’s because of you. Feels strange….I don’t like it,” he stated with a nod and turned back to look out of the window, leaving the four humans to blink dumbfounded.

The rest of the ride was quiet until Jonghyun parked the car on a sandy parking lot and turned off the energy. They all got out, Taemin cheering excitedly and quickly pulling his bag out of the trunk and dashing off towards the beach in a flash. He was gone faster than any of the others could have said something so they only sighed and shook their heads, taking out the rest of their stuff.

Kibum wanted to carry something as well so he was given the backpack with their food and drinks. He carried it proudly and followed the maknae that was only a small jumping figure in the distance. He had never been to the beach before so he was rather excited but also a bit nervous about the water. Jonghyun had told him he didn’t have to go in if he didn’t want to but Kibum had decided to at least try it out.

Not many people were at this part of the beach but there we still a few families, couples or friends that were enjoying this awesome day here.

The five boys chose a spot a bit away from the others and spread their big beach towels there. Jonghyun called over Kibum and told him to take off his shirt so he could apply sunscreen. The blonde looked at him with big eyes and held onto his shirt, afraid of taking it off.

The older smiled and pointed to the other three boys there had already gotten rid of their shirts and were running around with only the shorts on. Jonghyun also took off his and smiled at Kibum who blushed and turned his back to him, carefully removing the piece of clothing.

“There you go,” Jonghyun said and started applying sunscreen to the heavenly smooth milky white back in front of him. Kibum shivered as the cold liquid came in contact with his warm skin but he like how his Master massaged that stuff into his back, closing his eyes and relaxing to the point where he didn’t want to stop anymore.

A few minutes later both of them were ready and Jonghyun stood up, taking the blonde’s hand and leading him over to the ocean where the small waves arrived the beach. The water was very clear and clean here so you could see where you were going and didn’t have to fear stepping into something squishy or strange.

Kibum stopped before the water could reach his toes and looked at Jonghyun unsurely, not knowing what to do.

“Can you swim?” Jonghyun asked with a smile and the younger blinked a few times.

“I….I don’t know,” he admitted a bit ashamed. He had never tried swimming so he probably couldn’t.

The brunette smiled. “Alright then, just hold onto me if you can’t reach the ground anymore.”

He started walking into the water and Kibum’s eyes followed him. The older didn’t seem to be afraid of the water or the small waves and the fox shifted a bit, wanting to follow his Master but at the same time not knowing if it was a good idea. He looked up as he heard squealing and saw the other playing in the waves, splashing each other and diving only to scare someone else by suddenly popping up again right in front of them.

“The faster you come in the less you have to think,” Jonghyun called with a grin and started running until the water reached his shoulders.

Kibum stepped from one foot on the other, taking a step forward but jumping back as the water tickled his toes. He was biting his nails, his tail swishing nervously.

“Come on, you can do this,” Jonghyun encouraged and Kibum closed his eyes for a second, took a deep breath and started running, squeaking as the water wrapped around him. He ran and ran and ran until his feet couldn’t reach the ground anymore but he still hadn’t arrived were Jonghyun was so he jumped, his instincts kicking in and started paddling over to the older like a dog would do. His tail was swimming on the surface, helping him to come forward and he snorted to keep the water away from his nose.

Jonghyun was grinning from ear to ear, opening his arms and welcoming his brave fox with a hug.

“So you can swim after all,” he said and Kibum smiled, clinging onto him like a leech.

“Look how far you came,” the older said and mentioned to the beach that was quite far away already. The blonde hummed and his ears pricked up to Taemin’s squealing.

“You wanna play too,” Jonghyun asked the younger who nodded enthusiastically. He used the elder’s leg as push off and started paddling over to the group. The dino grinned like a proud idiot and followed Kibum, swimming beside him in case he needed a bit of help but he was really good at swimming. He didn’t know foxes could swim that well but he was half dog after all. Maybe his father was a great swimmer.

“Oh hey guys,” Onew called and chuckled as he saw Kibum swimming towards them. It looked pretty funny and adorable after all.

Jonghyun lifted him out of the water, laughing as the other continued to swim for a bit until he noticed he wasn’t coming forward. He looked behind himself at Jonghyun who sat him down on his feet. The water wasn’t that deep here so it only reached up to his hips and it was save to play in without fearing of somebody drowning.

They played until they were slowly getting tired. Jonghyun took Kibum and returned with him to their towels while the other stayed in the water for a bit more.

“I’m so proud of you,” the dino said and cuddled the younger close, ruffling his hair and planting a kiss on his cheek.

“You really did great.”

Kibum smiled happily, his cute dimples appearing and his eyes twinkling with joy. “It was fun,” he said and sat down on the towel with a sigh. Suddenly his tummy growled and he looked at the older sheepishly.

Jonghyun laughed and opened the backpack to take out something to eat. “Sandwich or pretzel?” he asked and the younger though for some moments.

“Sandwhich!” he cheered excited and Jonghyun handed him one. He took it and munched on it while Jonghyun ate one himself and watched him in amusement.

They laid down after a while and enjoyed the warm sunrays tickling their skin until they were completely dry again. Jonghyun probably fell asleep due this much relaxing because the next thing he knew was that he woke up to voices.

“Haha sure.” It sounded like someone was pushed to the ground and landed in the sand with a soft thud. “And why should he?” a mocking girly voice asked.

“Because he’s my Master,” a gently but still determinate voice said back, Kibum.

“Oh yeah your Master,” another girly voice piped up again and Jonghyun didn’t like the annoying sound of it. He was slowly waking up and remembered where they were.

“And because of that you should stay away from us and just shut your annoying mouth like a stupid pet it supposed to!”

“OW, let go!”

“Don’t get y with me you brat! Didn’t you Master teach you some manners?” Some chuckling was heard and Jonghyun slowly blinked his eyes open.

“Aaah!”

Some girls laughed and Jonghyun frowned, his mind was still a bit fuzzy from sleeping.

“You should know your place!” one girl said.

“AAAHH!….s-s-stop!”

The alarm bells rang in the dino’s head as he heard his precious Kibum’s pained yelp and jumped to his feet. What he saw was unbelievable. There were two girls in bikinis that only covered a few parts of their bodies. Under them was Kibum laying half on his stomach and half trying to sit on his legs. One of the girls was standing on his wrists with her bare feet, preventing him from escaping while the other one held onto his fluffy tail and had probably pulled on it.

“J-Jongh-hyun…” Kibum said, voice wavering because he was close to tears. His ear were flattened on his head and he was shaking slightly.  

The older came back to life and anger bubbled up in him. He quickly dashed forward and pushed the girl off Kibum’s wrists and slapped the other one’s hands off his tail.

“What do you think you’re doing?” he growled dangerously as he lifted the poor blonde off the ground and held him against his chest protectively.

The two girls looked at each other and smiled. “Oh well you looked bored so we came over to ask if you wanted to join us but then your little pet there,” she gave Kibum and disgusted look. “Said we were disturbing your sleep and you wouldn't want to come with us anyway.” She shook her head and tsked like it was absurd to think something like that.

“You should teach it some manners.”

Kibum looked up at Jonghyun, afraid he had said something wrong but the older gave him a reassuring glance before he went back to glaring at the two opposite of them.

“Well he was right,” he said and the girls blinked stupidly.

“Excuse me?” one of them said like she couldn’t believe it and Jonghyun smirked.

“Thanks to you I woke up now and you dared to hurt Kibum so if I’m seeing you near him or me again I’m going to rip your heads off and throw them into the ocean so the fish can eat them!” he hollered and the girls took some small steps back.

“ off!” Jonghyun barked and the two squeaked before they quickly ran away, almost stumbling over their own feet.

Kibum snickered quietly in his chest but stopped as soon as Jonghyun looked at him and he looked down guiltily.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled but the dino just hugged him close.

“What are you sorry about, hm?” he asked and titled the smaller one’s chin up. Kibum looked up at him with his feline brown eyes, the tears thankfully gone from his eyes.

“Because of me you woke up,” he said and Jonghyun chuckled, his hair.

“That’s nothing to be sorry for, he clarified and pecked the younger’s lips. “Did they hurt you badly?” he asked concerned because he knew that animal’s tails were quite sensitive.

“My back hurts but it’s okay.”

Jonghyun sighed but nodded.

Soon the others came back from playing in the ocean and building sand castles. They packed their thing since all of them were tired and wanted to shower to get the salty crust off their skin.

Jonghyun was still angry at those two stupid girls that had dared to hurt his precious Kibummie and was almost fuming in anger until Minho jogged up next to him.

“Why is Kibum limping?” he asked concerned and Jonghyun looked up.

“What?”

“He’s limping,” Minho said and mentioned behind him to Kibum who indeed was limping slightly.

“Some girls pulled his tail,” Jonghyun said, almost growling and was about to go to the younger to pick him up but Onew was faster than him. He had been going behind Kibum and noticed his limp as well. Without much thinking he had just picked him up bridal style, getting a small squeak and a surprised look from the younger.

Onew just smiled at him and continued his way towards the car.

Back at home Jonghyun put some soothing ointment on the fox’s back to lessen the pain he was feeling and cuddled with him on the couch while watching some movie.

“Did you have fun?” he asked quietly and Kibum nodded, his eyes shining.

“Yeah…thanks for taking me with you,” he said with a shy smile and Jonghyun kissed his nose.

It was quiet for a while until the younger mumbled something.

“Hm?” Jonghyun asked because he couldn’t catch what he had said.

“Love you,” the blonde mumbled tiredly, causing the brunette to grin stupidly.

“I love you too.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I said in one chapter that Jonghyun wanted to take Kibum to the beach so here it is!

Yay, Kibummie isn't afraid of water anymore and he can even swim *squealing and cheering in the background*

Evil girls pulled his tail but Jonghyun chased them away Muhahahahaha *cough cough*

Hmm yeah I you can leave suggestions in the comment section below if you want something certain to happen. I'll try to make it possible somehow and tell mew hat you think of this chapter.

Oh and this is imprtant for me as well so please tell me honestly or even write a comment.

I've reaced over 200 Skys!

Oh my i can't believe it. Thank you, thank you, thank you it really means a lot to me. I'm currently working on a new story and I even made a small story board *gasp* I'll tell you if I'm going to update it, I'm not sure yet

Well then that's it for now. Love ya all <3

Bye bye~