Finally Home Again

A Foxy Present

 

Jonghyun was already awake and in the middle of petting Kibum’s soft fur. The small, fluffy ball was lying next to him at the moment, curled up against his chest and trying to get as much warmth as possible. His tail was wrapped around his body in a protecting manner but his head was still peeking out, his face relaxed and it almost looked like he was smiling softly.

The brunette had been afraid he would wake up to an empty bed, thinking that he had only dreamed of rescuing his cute, little fox but he had been relieved as he had found the small animal asleep right next to him.

He pressed a small kiss onto Kibum’s head and continued petting him carefully, a sad feeling overcoming him because the fox had gotten incredible skinny over the last few weeks. The male could feel his rips and hip bones sticking out, his spine most noticeable. He really had to give him lots of food so he could recover quickly.

The fox started shifting and soon stretched, the bushy tail flicking to both sides and the animal blinked his brown eyes open, looking around drowsily before his gaze fell onto Jonghyun.

His expression changed immediately and he rolled onto his back, high pitched whining noise leaving his mouth and his tail flapping against the bed.

Jonghyun smiled and started rubbing the light furred fox’s tummy, ruffling through the fur and watching how Kibum his snout happily, eyes closed and enjoying this moment to the fullest.

The older then picked him up into his arms and cuddled his lover close, the furry ears tickling his skin and he was simply glad to have Kibum back in his embrace where he belonged. He would make sure that no one would ever lay a hand on him ever again.

“I love you,” he whispered in Kibum’s ear and the younger made a small, approving noise, rubbing his head against Jonghyun’s cheek to show his overflowing affection.  He was glad to be back as well and he didn’t want to leave his place in Jonghyun’s arms, though the latter seemed to have other plans since he leaned back and looked at the small animal with a smile.

“Do you want to eat something?” he asked and Kibum’s eyes shot op, as wide as dining plates and his tail started wagging again. He wiggled around in Jonghyun’s hands as if to tell him to hurry up or he would go alone.

The brunette laughed at the funny act and stood up to go to the kitchen and fix the two of them something to eat.

It thankfully didn’t take long and Kibum gulped his scrambled eggs down as fast as he could, shoving quite a lot of tomatoes in his mouth as well as an apple that he was currently eating, holding it with his paws and gnawing at it because there was sadly no way it could possibly fit completely in his mouth.

Jonghyun watched in amusement and ate his own breakfast at the same time, having and eye on the younger so he wouldn’t choke due his quiet eating or more like gulping his food down at an incredibly fast pace.

After Kibum was finally finished with his eating attack he went back over to Jonghyun and nuzzled his head into his palm, seeking for attention and probably another petting session which he got only a second later. Pleased purrs vibrated through his chest and his eyes closed again, feeling like he was on cloud nine high up in the sky.

Suddenly he was lifted up into his Master’s arms and carried towards the bathroom which made him try to hide in Jonghyun’s chest.

“Aw, come on, you’ll feel better after a bath and I’ll be as gentle as possible, okay?” the brunette asked and Kibum looked at him wearily, considering his other options and the giving up with a sigh, his ears flopping down as he let himself get carried into the horrible room.

“I’ll brush your fur later on, that’s something to look forward to, isn’t it?” Jonghyun asked and it seemed like Kibum’s mood was lifted even if it was just a tiny bit.

Jonghyun tried to speak as carefree as possible and act normal so Kibum wouldn’t feel uncomfortable or scarred around him. He didn’t know what that crazy woman had done to him after all so he didn’t want to force him into doing something he didn’t like but it seemed like Kibum actually enjoyed his baths although he’d never admit that.

He checked the temperate of the water before he let it run into the bathtub, Kibum settled around his neck comfortable and watching how his Master prepared the bath for him. Maybe he would really feel better after taking one. His fur was quite dirty after all and he didn’t like how he smelled. The scent of that evil woman was still all over him and he wanted it gone as soon as possible. Jonghyun’s scent was far more pleasing and nice.

“Alright,” the older said cheerfully and looked at Kibum. “You bath is ready, your majesty.” With that he lifted the graceful fox that didn’t look quiet convinced of the idea of getting wet. He pulled his legs closer to his body before they were able to touch the water and curled his tail up so it wouldn’t get soaked either.

“Come on, it’s not that bad. It’s nice and warm,” Jonghyun said and Kibum looked at him wearily once again before he carefully touched the water with one of his paws as if to test if it was safe. Once he decided it wouldn’t bit his leg of Jonghyun lowered him so he could stand in the water that almost reached up to his stomach.

“There you go,” he praised and scratched behind the adorable ears, getting an approving purr in return.

While doing this he soaked Kibum’s fur carefully, glad the small animal didn’t try to escape like the first few times he had tried to bath him. Seems like they had already made some process in that aspect.

Soon the fox was a bubble monster and after that he was soaking wet again, not liking how his fur stuck to his skinny body. He whined and finally Jonghyun lifted him out of the bath tub, drying his fur with a towel and then a blow dryer. This was one thing Kibum liked about a bath. The warm air felt so nice, it was impossible not to like it.

At then the best out of all things came: A brushing session!

The fox almost arched into the brush, loving how it felt and also loving the fact that he would look pretty again. He had probably looked like a stray cat before. Ugh, that thought was not very appealing in his opinion.

“All finished,” Jonghyun announced proudly and beamed at the fox whose fur was sparkling again. Just then he remembered something.

“One second, I got something for you,” he said and sat Kibum down on the ground before he dashed off towards his room, the animal following him curiously and peeking inside the room until Jonghyun came back with something in his hand.

He showed it to Kibum whose eyes widened and his tail started wagging once again. It was his collar!

“Should I put it on?” Jonghyun asked and the fox nodded hurriedly, playing his paws on Jonghyun’s knees impatiently and holding still until the collar was fastened around his neck and then running around the room excitedly.

The brunette watched with sparkling, adoring eyes and was surprised as the fox jumped at him, shifting in the middle and then clutching onto him like a leech.

Kibum his Master’s cheek a few times before he hugged him tightly, snuggling into his chest.

“I missed you,” he said quietly and Jonghyun wrapped his arms around the smaller one, kissing the top of his head and his fluffy hair.

“I missed you too but I’m here now,” he said, “And I won’t let anyone take you away again.

Kibum looked up at him with sparkling eyes, a soft smile playing on his lips before he went back to hugging the older like there was no tomorrow. Even Jonghyun was surprised by the force of the hug since Kibum had a pair of quite frail looking arms and he hadn’t expected them to have this kind of strength.

“Are you hurt somewhere?” he then asked and was beyond relieved as Kibum shook his head.

“It’s okay, it’s nothing major,” Kibum mumbled into his Master’s chest, inhaling his sweet but still masculine scent over and over again. It calmed him down strangely and made him feel safe.

“I’m glad,” Jonghyun said quietly. “Though I do wish I had punched that woman for what she did to you.”

“I wouldn’t have minded that,” Kibum responded immediately and the older sighed, regretting that he had decided against punching the woman when he has had the chance to. Such a pity, but he was still glad it was finally over and he had his sweet Kibum back.

“Jonghyun,” the younger said and looked up at the brunette with adorable eyes. “Thank you for saving me.”

The older smiled, melting into a puddle of pink goo. “Of course, sweetie, I would always come to save you, no matter where you are.”

“I’d come save you too,” Kibum said honestly and Jonghyun chuckled, ruffling the younger’s blond hair.

“Of course you would. From whom would you get cookies otherwise?”

Kibum’s ears perked up and he looked at the older with big eyes. “Coo…kies?” he asked, his eyes getting bigger and bigger, causing Jonghyun to laugh and nod.

“Yeah, do you want some?”

“Yes! Yes! Yes! Cookies! Cookies!” Kibum called and dashed off in the direction of the kitchen again, trying to reach the shelf with the cookies but it was too high up for him so he had to wait for his slow Master to get them for him.

“Hurry up,” he whined and cheered as he finally got the package, stuffing one of the cookies into his mouth before he ran to the living room to settle on the couch and enjoy the delicious treat. Oh yes, he had missed them a lot. The poor cookies had to lie in that dark shelf for so long but now Kibum had finally come to save them. He was sure they were happy about their rescue.

“Kibum!” Taemin called cheerfully and ran over to the fox, jumping on him even before he could turn around to him fully and was squished between the couch and Taemin’s body in the matter of seconds, a small shriek leaving his still cookie stuffed mouth.

“Yah, Taemin, try to let him live a bit longer,” Minho joked from behind the couch and chuckled as Kibum tried to escape from under the boy but was hugged like a giant stuffed animal instead.

The blonde was finally released from the bone crashing hug and received a pat on his head from Minho who smiled down at him.

“Glad you’re back, Kibum,” he said with a grin and the blonde smiled up at him happily, glad he was back again as well.

Jonghyun smiled at the act of his two friends and then looked around, trying to spot the oldest somewhere. “Where is Onew?” he then asked as he wasn’t able to find him anywhere.

“I think he went to get some groceries or something but he should be back for lunch,” Taemin said and tipped against his chin in thought, still holding the fox close with one arm that was trying to get his cookies back again. He needed to rescue them after all or they would be all alone in that dark package. That surely wasn’t nice so he had to do something to prevent it.

Jonghyun nodded and watched how Kibum wiggled out of the maknae’s embrace, getting his loved cookies back which cause a chuckle to escape his mouth. Those treat had probably taken the place right after him on Kibum’s like-list.

It made you want to worship cookies just because of the way he ate him, as if they had just saved his life and were the most delicious thing on earth which probably wasn’t the case but he made it look like that and strangely enough Jonghyun found himself thinking about wanting to eat cookies just because Kibum ate them.

“Come on, pumpkin, we’ll get you some fresh clothes,” Jonghyun said and held out his hand which was taken by Kibum a few moments later, the younger trailing behind him happily.

“What do you want t wear?” the brunette asked as they stood in front of his closet. One section was taken up by Kibum’s clothes since he didn’t fit in anyone else’s since he was so small and slender.

“This one and…that,” Kibum said and pointed at a pair of skinny jeans and a red V-neck shirt.

“Alright then go and change,” Jonghyun said after he had handed the clothes to Kibum, touring around since he knew the younger didn’t like it if he stared like that. It was understandable after all.

It took the boy one or two minutes until he had everything sorted out and put on, smiling at the feeling of having fresh clothes and went over to his Master’s leaning in his side and looking up at him with adorable eyes which made the latter melt. Those clothes looked a lot better on the smaller one that the baggy ones he had worn before.  

“Good?” he asked and Kibum nodded, pressing a small kiss to the elder’s lips.

“Love you,” he said and smiled happily, making Jonghyun smile as well.

“I love you too, sweetie.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hey everyone...

I really don't know how to feel at the moment. I mean of course I'm kind of happy to finish this story because it always makes you feel like you...I don't know...did something great you worked really hard for and spent a lot of time on. You finally arrived at the end of your journey but you are also sad because it's over.

This story means a lot to me because it is the longest I have ever written, the one I spend the most time on. A Foxy Present was the 2nd story I started here on AFF and I wrote on it for over a year. Even I can see the development myself and I have gotten so much better at English and writing stories through this.

Your support means a lot to me as well. I just can't grasp the fact that I have over 300 subscribers for this story. That's...amazing. Really guys, I owe you so much and you seriously are the best subscribers from all of my stories (and I am not just saying this, I really mean it). I'm always a tiny bit disappointed because I'm so spoiled from here since I always got so many comments and views. I'm really sad this won't be anymore since not all of you are interested in the sequel.

 

This chapter is the final one, no more for this story from now on *cries miserably in a corner*

I'm actually really glad I still have the sequel where I can write whenever I get ideas or requests. I honestly don't know what I would have done without it.

Sorry the last chapter comes so late but I think I just didn't want to write it because I knew it would be the last one. Even now I'm thinking about writing another one just not to end this but I won't. I wouldn't make sense and I think now is the best time to end this story *cries again*

I'm writing a novel here, sorry guys but I just don't wanna finish!

*sigh*

I guess it's time to say goodbye...

...

I love you all so much *hugs every single one of you* I'm sure we'll meet again somewhere. Don't forget to eat you cookies, yeah? If you don't Kibum will come and eat them for you since they don't like to be left in the package for so long. It's really dark in there, you know?

Thanks for your support and reading this, I means so much to me!

Love ya~

 

*Over and out!*