Frustration

A Foxy Present

 

Jonghyun wanted to pull his hair out. At least the strands he hadn’t pulled out already. He simply didn’t know what to do anymore. They had searched for Kibum for days already but they hadn’t found him anywhere. They had asked around but no one had seen the little fox.

He was desperate about what else he should do. Kibum could be everywhere since Seoul wasn’t exactly a small city and there was also the possibility that he wasn’t even in Seoul anymore.

What if his kidnappers had sold him somewhere overseas and he would never ever see him again? He couldn’t imagine how his life was supposed to go on like this.

What was even more important that his own feelings, was Kibum’s wellbeing. Those men could have hurt him a lot and he meanwhile knew how shapeshifters reacted to such treatment.

He didn’t even want to think about all the possibilities.

He couldn’t even sleep at night anymore, feeling beyond guilty and useless.

It was his fault all of this had happened. He should have taken better care of Kibum. He should have protected him. He should have never let him go.

The other three were quite down as well. It wasn’t every day that someone got kidnapped without a proper reason if there even were proper reasons to kidnap someone just out of the blue.

Life in their apartment had become oddly dull and almost unbearable. It seemed like all the color had faded, everything was annoying, boring, useless. The food tasted ty and just…there was something missing, a little, adorable, bubbly fox named Kibum.

All of them missed him, not just Jonghyun but he was the one who was affected by it the most.

Onew had tried to cheer him up a bit but he hadn’t succeeded and he hadn’t gone into it more since he could only imagine how bad Jonghyun felt at the moment.

He was angry at himself and also disappointed but there was nothing he could do.

Kibum wasn’t there anymore and he no idea where to search for him.

 

Right now he was twisting the pink collar in his hands that he had found the day after Kibum had gone missing. His kidnappers had probably taken it off and just thrown it away carelessly as soon as they had driven away.

His thumped traced over the small, sparkling bone at the side, smiling sadly as he remembered how proud the blonde had always shown off with it.

Jonghyun had asked him a few times if he wanted to take it off but Kibum had always declined, saying he wanted to show if off to everyone.

The brunette wondered if the shapeshifter now had someone new he was forced to live with or if they had brainwashed the poor fox into thinking he belong wherever he was at the moment.

He didn’t like that possibility at all and quickly shook his head to chase those thoughts away and out of his mind, he didn’t want to think about stuff like that.

After a few minutes of sitting on his bed in total silence, lost in his own mess of thoughts he suddenly stopped tracing his fingers over the pink collar and froze in his movements.

What…if Kibum wasn’t even…alive anymore….?

Tears sprung to Jonghyun’s eyes and he bit his lip. No!

“Stop thinking like that,” he hissed to himself and wiped his eyes before any tears could leave them.

“He’s alright, I’m sure he alright and you’ll find him soon,” he told himself, trying to sound convincing so he’d believe his own words.

“I just have to…” he whispered and hung his head, massaging his temples and drowning in the silence of his room once again.

He couldn’t think negatively, he didn’t allow himself to do so. He had to stay positive, think about ways to get Kibum back into his arms where he belonged and not give up on himself even if it was difficult and seemed hopeless. He would continue to search for Kibum anywhere until he found him.

A careful knock onto his door pulled him out of his deep thoughts and he released his poor, almost bruised lip that had been held captive in between two rows of strong teeth.

“Yes?” he asked and the door opened a second later, Taemin peeking inside the room as if to make sure Jonghyun wouldn’t scream at him in his depressed state. When he was sure it was save he entered and smiled softly at the older.

“Hey,” he said and went over to the window to pull the curtains apart and leave some fresh air inside the stuffy room. “I just wanted to tell you that dinner is ready.”

Jonghyun hummed and nodded. “Okay.”

With a sigh he stood up and followed the younger to the kitchen where he followed down on his assigned chair.

Minho was in the middle of putting down the pots onto the table while Onew was already seated in his chair.

Jonghyun tried hard not to look to his right where Kibum’s now empty chair stood. He missed his presence next to him more than anything and he wanted to have him back as soon as possible but…here he was. Even days later he still didn’t have a clue where the younger could possibly be and that drove him mad.

Quite some time ago he could have never imagined that he’d have a shapeshifter as his lover one day and that that cute little shapeshifter would be kidnapped from him later on.

Why, just why was fate so cruel to him? What had he done wrong? Had he done something terrible in his previous life and was now punished? No, nothing could have been so terrible that he’d deserve this.

And Kibum, why had Kibum been dragged into this as well? He was as innocent as a kitten playing in freshly fallen, pure white snow for the first time in its entire life.

How could people actually do this to someone as sweet and angelic as Kibum? It was beyond Jonghyun and he had promised himself he’d beat that person up one he got a hold of them.

No one was allowed to touch his little fox and…

He sighed quietly when he noticed all of this was useless if he didn’t get Kibum back again. There was still the possibility that he wouldn’t although he really tried not to think about that option.

It was difficult, it really was. It’s wasn’t easy to tell yourself you’d find your loved one again if you didn’t have a single clue or idea where he could be.

If there was just something, anything that could give Jonghyun and the others a hint for their search….nothing, just nothing. They had found nothing at all during all these days and Jonghyun didn’t want to admit it but he was slowly loosing hope. That fire of determination inside his chest was slowly but surely getting smaller with each passing day.

He could only imagine how Kibum felt and how disappointed and lonely he was.

Jonghyun wished there was something he could do for him. Switch places or anything only to make sure that the little fox was safe and not in some dealers hands who could sell him to cruel people all over the world.

He asked himself if this was normal.

Was it normal that shapeshifters got kidnapped just out of the blue?

No, it couldn’t be or Kibum surely had told him about it…

Right?

“Jonghyun?”

The brunette snapped out of his thoughts and looked up at Minho who looked at him worriedly.

“You’ve been spacing out for about 5 minutes now….are you okay?”

Jonghyun just blinked slowly and lowered his gaze, nodding halfheartedly and getting back to poking his noodles, not really wanting to eat them but knowing he had to.

The four friends continued to eat in silence, a thick, grey could of depression hovering above their heads and clouding their minds.

It was quite amazing how one person could make such a big difference.

“I almost forgot,” Onew suddenly said. “Your parents called,” he said towards Jonghyun. “They said you should call them back sometime because they’d like to know how you’re doing.”

Jonghyun nodded slowly before a though flashed in his mind.

Phone your parents…

Holy !

Jonghyun fork fell on his plate with a loud clang and everyone looked up at him bewildered.

The brunette’s eyes were beyond wide and gaped at the opposite wall, his hand as if he still held the fork and he had stopped chewing.

“Everything okay?” Taemin asked carefully.

“That’s it…” Jonghyun mumbled quietly.

“What?” Minho asked.

“That’s it,” the older repeated louder this time. “I know how we can get Kibum back!” he yelled and bolted out of his seat, leaving three dumbstruck people and some almost cold noodles behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


OMG! I am on time!

I'm so proud of myself! I had this almost finished on Friday but then I posted Vloggers first. I even tried to make it somewhat long without giving too much away. You'll get a pink plushie unicorn from me when you figure out what Jonghyun's plan is~ I don't think anyone will know but maybe I'm wrong and it's too obvious...I'm really not good at making all those hidden details. Although I had this already planned out quite a few chapters ago.

Anyway I think I said everything that was on my mind...

I don't want to finish this story T.T Can't you all just subscribe to my other stories as well?

*sigh*

Okay I got it. Love ya all and hope you enjoyed the chapter~