Happy Birthday

A Foxy Present

 

Kibum was running from left to right, always asking about the time and making the others dizzy with his running around. Soon they would wake up Jonghyun since the older still slept peacefully. They wanted to surprise him with the breakfast Onew and Minho had made and after that giving him his presents.

“How much longer?” Kibum asked again and the three guys sighed.

“Ten minutes,” Onew replied and closed his eyes to calm his nerves. He had nothing against the fox but sometimes he was even worse than a little hyper kid. He glanced to his left and saw the others looking just as exhausted as he himself. This had been going on for about an hour already but it was still too early to wake up the dino. He could get furious if he didn’t have enough sleep on one of his free days and you really didn’t want to see a dino throwing a tantrum because of a lack of sleep. Really nothing you wanted to see…..and you should trust them…..they have experience.  

“And now?” Kibum asked again, his tail wagging and eyes sparkling.

Taemin stuffed his face into the pillows on the couch and a low groan escaped his mouth which was ignored by the excited blonde. Maybe a little brother was more work than he had thought. There were some disadvantages he hadn’t noticed before. Being annoying was one of them.

Minho’s brow twitched dangerously and although he was the most self-controlled amongst them, his patience started to wear off too. It had been bearable for the first twenty minutes, after that it became slightly annoying but now it was really too much. Maybe they should just give the fox a long cold bath.

Kibum jumped on the couch and climbed over Minho’s legs towards Onew because he was the only one with a watch. He tugged on his sleeve, hoping to get some attention.

“Onew…” he pleaded with his famous puppy-fox-eyes. Jonghyun shouldn’t have taught him how to do this because they were irresistible, even more than his own.

“How much longer until we can wake up- Hmpf!”

This caused the oldest to look up and had to grin at the scene in front of his eyes. Minho had had enough and decided to do something. He had grabbed to fox and seated him in between his legs with his back against his chest. One arm was locked around his waist, trapping the blonde’s arms and preventing him from escaping. His right hand was draped over his mouth which stopped him from talking.

He snickered as he saw the younger squirming and trying to escape but it was hopeless. Minho was a lot bigger and stronger than him so he had to stay put and be quiet. Taemin chuckled at the helpless fox and sat up to pet his head, happy to have some peace for a few minutes.

“A few more minutes and you can go wake up Jonghyun, okay?” It was really difficult to resist Kibum’s watery pleading eyes but he had to so he forced himself to look away and entertained himself for the last few minutes with some of the pillows. They were rather interesting once he looked closer. Those different patterns and color were amazing let alone this abstract system of wrinkles. Oh wait…..there is some dust on top of it……alright got it.

Minho had a serious and almost stoic expression on his face, like always and didn’t look like he was going to release the fox earlier. If Jonghyun saw this he would probably go wild but he was still sleeping so he didn’t have to fear for his live.

It was silent for a bit more before Onew stole another glance at his watch and smiled. “Okay, you can go,” he announced and Kibum started to squirm, trying to say something which only ended up as a muffled mumble because Minho still didn’t release him. He grinned down at the childish blonde in his arms and it actually wasn’t that difficult to hold him although he squirmed around like a snake. To be honest: The fox was as weak as a five year old kid.

“Come on hyung, don’t me so mean,” Taemin said and nudged the older who finally let go of the fox.

The blonde gasped and stumbled slightly before he dashed off to his Master’s room with the speed of light. He had an important mission and was not going to fail! The others only chuckled and stood up too, slowly strolling towards the already opened door.

Kibum jumped on the heap of messy covers which earned him a low grunt. His tail wagged a million miles per hour and almost made him loose his balance. He searched for his Master under to covers and snuggled into his chest as soon as he found him, coating his face with his salvia.

“Hmm Kibum…” Jonghyun mumbled and fumbled around until he found the blonde’s head and petted him lazily with still closed eyes. It was too early for him to wake up.

“Get up, get up, get up,” the fox cheered excited and removed the covers in a swift movement, letting them fall to the ground.

“Noo….” Jonghyun mumbled and tried to get the covers back but Kibum wouldn’t let him. He jumped onto of his Master’s stomach again, causing him to grunt once more, and started bouncing on top of him in excitement like it was his own birthday and not the elder’s. 

“Come on get up,” he said and poked Jonghyun’s chest.

The latter ignored him and just laid his arms around his shoulders and forced him to lie down on top of him.

“Not now,” Jonghyun slurred and started to pet his head lazily once again.

“Nooo,” Kibum whined because this isn’t what he wanted to achieve. He tried to wiggle out of his Master’s arms but he was just too weak. He pouted and began to complain which was difficult since Jonghyun had started to scratch behind his ears.

“No hmmm you have to…………..get up hmmm….ahh yessss….” He closed his eyes as a wave of warmth washed over his body and relaxed on top of the older, purring in his chest like a little kitten.

The others at the door shook their heads at the scene and decided to help out a bit. It seemed like Kibum had failed in waking up his Master. Minho lifted the fox of Jonghyun’s chest and Onew shook the dino awake with not so gentle movements.

“Come on, sleepyhead.” He forced him to sit up and grinned at his success.

“Happy Birthday hyung!” Taemin cheered excited and pulled the older to his feet who almost stumbled over his own legs.

“What?” he mumbled confused and blinked a few times dumbly. Whut was going on?

“It’s your birthday, dummy,” the maknae said and flicked his forehead.

“Ohh….”

Minho had meanwhile difficulties to hold the hyper fox back but he didn’t know if it would be a good idea to release him. He would probably tackle the older to the ground and hug the death out of him. He debated what to do but Kibum had already squirmed out of his hold and jumped on his Master who caught him just in time.

“Happy Birthday!” he said happily and snuggled into the elder’s warm chest.

After some more Happy Birthdays they finally managed to move over to the living room and ate the delicious breakfast. Kibum was bouncing in his seat and babbled the whole time about random stuff to the others amusements. He just couldn’t sit still but as Jonghyun’s hand came up to his ears he suddenly grew quiet and stopped moving.

“This always works, right?” Onew said with a grin and looked at the purring blonde who rested his chin on the table and had closed his eyes.

Jonghyun chuckled and nodded. “Yeah….such a cute little fox, right?”

Kibum sighed and mumbled something that no one understood. He was in his own little world and just enjoyed the petting session. 

“How about present now?” Taemin asked and Kibum’s ears twitched at the mention of present. He had almost forgotten about that.

“Yay, presents!” Jonghyun cheered excited and the others went to get their presents from their rooms.

“We’ll save yours for the last, okay?” Taemin whispered in the fox’s ear and the blonde nodded.

Jonghyun liked the presents he got, especially the video game he had wanted for so long. Onew grinned proudly because he really spent a lot of time to find something for the dino. The latter thanked his friends and Kibum looked at Taemin with big eyes, waiting for his turn quietly.

“Kibum has something for you too,” the maknae said and Jonghyun looked at his pet surprised.

“Really?” he asked because he really didn’t expect the younger to get something for him. He hadn’t even told him about his birthday. Did he go out with one of the others and bought something for him? Aw that though alone let his heart melt.

Taemin nodded and looked at Kibum. “You wanna go get it?”

The fox quickly ran to the maknae’s room and pulled out the cake from under the bed. They had wrapped the cake box in colorful wrapping paper with a bow on top. He just hoped his Master was going to like it. Carefully so that he wouldn’t drop it he went back to the kitchen and put it down on the table, pushing towards the older with a shy smile.

Jonghyun blinked a few times and stared at the gift in front of him. Kibum really got him a present. That was sooo sweet of him. He carefully removed the wrapping paper and looked at one of their cake boxes. He lifted the cover and found a chocolate cake with powdered sugar on top. A smile sneaked onto his face and he looked at Kibum who fiddled with the hem of his shirt nervously.

“You made this for me?” he asked and the younger nodded shyly.

“Awww thank you so much,” he said and pulled the blonde closer so that he straddled his lap. “That’s so sweet of you.” He pecked Kibum’s bow shaped lips and the latter blushed, hiding his face in the elder’s shoulder.  Jonghyun just cuddled him closed and beamed like the sun itself. For some it was just a simple cake but for him it was a lot more. Kibum had made it for him so he was always going to remember this.

They cut out a few slices and tasted the delicious chocolate cake. It tasted heavenly and Jonghyun pecked the blonde’s lips once more, thanking him again and cuddling him close.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I'm so busy so sorry that it's so short but I realy have a lot to do and I'm working on another story (once again) and I also have to update Reckless, Heartless, Homeless but I just don't have time so please bear with me a bit longer. Soon I have almost 6 free days so I should be able to write a longer chapter.

Sorry again....

See you next time and I love you <3 thanks for your support!