Omo, It's An Elephant!

A Foxy Present

 

Jonghyun snickered quietly, careful not to wake up the sleeping boy on his bed. Kibum had developed the habit of sleeping everywhere in kind of odd positions without him really noticing what was wrong. All of them already knew the fox really liked to take little naps and that he was incredibly cute while sleeping but this had only started around two weeks ago.

It had started with finding the blonde sleeping sprawled out on the floor, after that he had moved on to their kitchen table and sometimes he even fell asleep while sitting on a chair or leaning against the wall.

Jonghyun wondered how he could sleep like that he seemed to be quite comfortable. Maybe he should try this as well but…..no, better not if he didn’t want the others to think he had gone mental. Kibum could do whatever he wanted and it would always be adorable but if someone else did it, he would be an idiot or insane.

He shook his head and took out his cell phone, sneakily taking a photo of the small figure curled up on his bed and left the room again, not wanting to disturb the younger’s precious sleep. He moved over to the living room where he found Onew reading a book and decided to annoy him with questioning random thinks about the book he was reading.

It took only around five minutes before he was smacked with said book and was told to leave to oldest alone. The brunette pouted but stood up nevertheless and went to Minho’s room. He seriously needed something to do or he would die of boredom.

“Whatcha doing?” he asked the younger who was sitting on his bed and typed something down on his cell phone, flopping down next to him with a small grunt and taking a peek at the small glowing screen.

“The guys and I wanted to meet up again and according to Changmin it’s my turn to host.”

Jonghyun nodded slowly before he really understood what the other had just said. “So…” he started and Minho looked up at him. “When are they coming?” Hopefully soon because then he would have something to do.

“This evening.”

“Really?” His mood lifted up immediately and his eyes sparkled.

Minho crooked one eyebrow. “Why are you so happy about my friends coming over?” he asked suspiciously and narrowed his eyes at the other.

“Yah, they are our friends too,” Jonghyun argued with a pout.

The younger just rolled his eyes and shook his head at his hyung. “Whatever.” He hit the ‘send’ button on his phone and put it back in his pocket.

“If you are so bored like I assume you are, you can come with me to the grocery store and grab a few snack and drinks for later. I probably can’t carry all of them alone…you know how much Changmin likes to eat,” he suggested and if Jonghyun had a tail it would be wagging a thousand miles per hour right now.

“Okay,” he cheered happily and jumped to his feet. “Just let me go grab my shoes.” He dashed out of the room and quietly sneaked into his own but Kibum woke up nevertheless. Sometimes he slept like a log and nothing could wake him up and sometimes he woke up if someone was just standing next to him, it was really fascinating.

The fox yawned cutely and rubbed his eyes, looking at his Master that was searching through his closet. What was he searching for? Kibum was right there and didn’t hide in his closet.

“Jonghyun?” he asked with a sleepy voice. “What are you doing?”

The older turned around with a smile. “I just need a pair of shoes because I’m going to the grocery store with Minho.”

The fox hummed quietly, almost falling asleep again before he perked up, ears on attention like a cat that was just startled by something.

“Can I come too?” Kibum asked already in the middle of standing up hastily and putting on his own shoes, messing up with the shoe laces. He still hadn’t really figured out how the heck they were supposed to work. Who invents something stupid and complicated like this anyway? It always took so incredible long to get them on.

The brunette chuckled and nodded. “Sure.”

That’s how the three of them ended up going to the grocery store together. Jonghyun had gotten more confident with Kibum. He wasn’t afraid of going out with him anymore because he didn’t care whether people stared at them or not and wasn’t scared someone might try to attack the blonde or anything. Okay maybe it was slight exaggerated but he was very protective of Kibum and everyone else always looked they planned to do something every seconds.

But it has gotten better and Jonghyun had relaxed quite a bit. Some people just smiled and continued their way while others blinked a few times before they shook their heads and mumbled something about a lack of sleep.

It was pretty funny to see peoples’ reactions towards the young shapeshifter who clearly didn’t care for the stares he got. He was way too happy and lost in his own world to even notice them much less care about them. Why should he? Was he supposed to tell every single person he was a shapeshifter? They probably wouldn’t understand anyway and only ask too many questions so he simply ignored it.

“What are we doing at the grocery store?” Kibum asked, stopping to look at a huge cake in a bakery’s window and shook his head, running to catch up to his Master and Minho again.

“Well, we’re going to buy things,” Jonghyun said, thinking it was obvious.

“Why?”

“Because we need them.”

“Why?”

“…”

Minho groaned and rolled his eyes. “Don’t make it so complicated, hyung. We’re having some friends over and we need some stuff so they won’t starve while they’re with us.”

Kibum ahaed and nodded, satisfied and happy because he finally got his answer. “Did someone starve before?” he asked curiously. He hadn’t known he lived with so dangerous people. He had always thought they had a lot to eat at home.

The two brunettes looked at each other and almost started laughing.

“Well one of them, Changmin, really likes to eat and he ate all of our snacks and still wasn’t satisfied. He said he was close to starving. Since then we always make sure to have more than enough food at home when he comes over,” Minho explained and Kibum nodded once more.

“Is your friend an elephant?”

Jonghyun and Minho blinked in surprise. “Why’d you think that?” the older asked bewildered and the younger turned around to smile at him sweetly.

“Elephants are huuuuge,” he said and exaggerated the word by making a huge circle with outstretched arms, some people looking at him oddly, probably wondering how a grown male could be this adorable.

“They have to eat much to be sated and your friend eats much too so he has to be an elephant,” Kibum concluded, proud of himself for figuring out something as difficult as that.

The other two smiled at his innocence and Jonghyun ruffled his hair. “I’m sure he is related to some.”

“Waah I never met someone who is related to elephants!” the blonde cheered excitedly and jumped up and down. “Does he have big ears?” he asked eagerly, tugging on Jonghyun’s sleeve like a small child that wanted some attention.

The oldest chuckled. “Kind off,” he said and Kibum squealed.

 

They really hadn’t joked about them needing lots of food. Of course they bought a few things for themselves as well but most of it was just because the guys came over.

Kibum had wanted to carry something well so had been given the smallest and lightest bag they had. He seemed to be satisfied with it and bounced next to the taller boys, excited to meet that elephant guy this evening. He was really curious about how he looked.

They arrived home and put everything they didn’t need away and piled up the tons and tons of snacks on the kitchen table, saving it for later but being generous and giving Kibum a cookie package after he had looked at them with pleading puppy-fox eyes…how true this term had become after they had met his parents...

The small fox moved to the living room, happy about getting his loved cookies and promised them he’d eat them well. He pounced on the couch and made himself comfortable there, snuggling up into the pillows and purred contently, his cookie package held close so no one could steal it from him. It was his and his only!

And how we all know the young shapeshifter…..you got it, he fell asleep….again, curled up into a small ball with his tail wrapped around his body and his ears lying relaxed on his head. They could only been seen peeking out behind some pillows because Kibum had the ability to curl up so much to the point where he could fit into a small box. Maybe it was some kind of fox trait he mastered with huge success.

 

Soon the doorbell rang and Minho went to open it, revealing Changmin, Donghae and Eunhyuk who grinned back at him.

“Hey buddy,” Donghae said and patted the younger shoulder.

“Do you have fo-”

“Yes, we have more than enough food to get you satisfied,” Minho cut Changmin off who pouted shortly before he grinned again.

“Good because I’m really hungry.”

“Is there a time when you’re not hungry?” Eunhyuk asked sarcastically.

“Actually….no.”

“Thought so.”

Minho just chuckled and shook his head, closing the door of their apartment once everyone was inside. They took off their shoes and jackets before they moved over to the living room.

He was in the middle of calling the others as he was cut off by Changmin. “What is that?” the tallest asked suspiciously and pointed at the two furry ears that were peeking out from behind a pillow, looking at them with a funny expression because he didn’t know what the hell was in front of him.

Minho chuckled. “Why don’t you look?” he suggested and the three carefully went over to the couch, blinking surprised as they saw a sleeping shapeshifter.

“Aww he’s incredibly cute,” Donghae said and kneeled down next to the couch. “Wait…it’s a he, right?”

“Of course,” Minho said and wacked him upside down the head. “That’s Kibum.”

“Well hello there little one,” Eunhyuk said and carefully petted the fluffy ears, causing the owner to stir slightly.

“You can wake him up,” Minho said. “He has been sleeping long enough already.”

It was really interesting to see three males gushing over a small sleeping boy on the couch. Okay, everyone had to admit Kibum was irresistibly adorable so there was no way around not liking him.

The blonde slowly woke up, turning a bit and only now the four guys saw the cookie package he had clutched to his chest. Minho grinned, remembering how much the other had wanted it before and how much he was protecting it from any possible harm right now.

His tail started swishing softly and his ears twitched a few times before he turned his head to the right and saw three unfamiliar faces close up. He blinked irritated and stared at them for quite some time and only then turned his head, spotting Minho behind them.

The fox yawned once before he slowly sat up on his hands and knees and looked at the only familiar person in the room again, hoping to get some kind of explanation but he didn’t get only and seconds later his face was squished in between a pair of huge hands and was turned from left right as if someone was examining him.

“Aww such a cutie pie you have there,” the one with the huge hands said and was almost squealing.

“Changmin, he’s not a doll,” Minho utter and rolled his eyes at his hyung.

The older let go of the boy’s cheeks and the blonde rubbed over them a few times before he noticed something and his ears perked up, tail picking up the pace and thumping again the couch over and over again.

“So you’re an elephant?” he asked excitedly, his eyes shining and a big smile show on his face.

Minho almost facepalmed but resisted the urge and only sighed.

“Errr…” Changmin started, rather confused by the sudden turn of events. Donghae and Eunhyuk tried to stifle their laughers as much as possible but didn’t really succeed.

“No…?” the tallest tried carefully and immediately felt guilty as the boy’s ears dropped down on his head and his expression turned into disbelieve and sadness.

“B-but..b-but….” He stammered helplessly and looked at Minho with big eyes. The latter nudged Changmin with his foot and sent him a little glare.

“Well…..errr.…hm my….my ancestors were elephants….a loooong time ago,” he quickly added and looked back at the younger behind him who nodded approvingly. Phew, good save.

“Really?” Kibum asked, his eyes shining again and Changmin nodded.

“Yeah…really.”

“Woah…I’ve never met an elephant before,” the blonde said and stared at the one opposite of him as if he was some kind of alien that had just appeared in front of him.

The tallest just chuckled and scratched his neck awkwardly.

“What the heck did you tell your shapeshifter?” Eunhyuk asked bewildered.

“He isn’t mine?” Minho said and grinned as the other looked at him confused.

“He isn’t yours? Whose is he then?”

Right that moment Jonghyun turned around the corner. “Oh, hey guys,” he said and waved shortly and the males in the room.

“Jonghyun,” Kibum squealed and rushed over to his Master, tackling him down to the ground and his face a few times before he snuggled into his chest, purring contently.

“He’s Jonghyun’s,” Minho said.

“Well I can see that,” Eunhyuk mumbled and looked at the odd pair on the ground.

“Jonghyun, Jonghyun, Jonghyun, I met the elephant,” the blonde squealed, bouncing up and down with excitement on his Master’s stomach who grunted under him.

“Really? Well that’s good to hear,” Jonghyun uttered with a few difficulties before he managed to sit up again, gently pushing the younger off him so he could stand up.

“Yes, yes, yes he said he ancestors were elephants. I wanna be an elephant too!”

Oh dear…

“Oh cookies!” they heard someone call and Kibum turned around in horror, seeing Donghae holding up his precious cookie package.

“Nooo!” he called and jumped, shifting in the process and biting into the carton, hoping to free it from the other’s hold.

To say Donghae was surprised would be an understatement. He gapped at the in the air dangling yellowish fox bewildered for some moments, ignoring the small grunts the animal made in effort to get back his cookies. He blinked a few times before he slowly lowered the animal onto the couch where the fox immediately started to pull on the carton with all his strength, growling in the back of his throat, hoping to seem scary.

“Does he try to act like a dog?” Changmin asked slowly, watching the tug war on the couch.

“Well his dad is a dog so he kind of is half dog, half fox,” Jonghyun explained.

Finally Kibum managed to free his cookies and quickly ran off to his basket with them, lying down on top of them so no one was able to reach them. Or so he liked to think because it wasn’t much of an effort to lift the small animal but okay…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Yeah, yeah I know I'm late again and I haven't corrected this completely (becauseI made it extra long for you) but I was a bit disappointed last time because of the lack of feedback....

I asked you about and you could have written a comment as well, you know....

No one comments on my other story as well. Did I do something to scarey ou off?

You know I'm really friendly, I won't eat you. Maybe I'm just overreacting but I was always really happy and greatful about the many comments I got for the previous chapters.

Is the story getting boring? Please tell me so I can change it. You know you can always tell me if there is something you have in mind for this.

Well...I'll be going then......see ya next time