Dishwasher

A Foxy Present

 

After that day the whole heat thing had gone. It was like it had never been there in the first place and Kibum was back to his old self, flouncing around the apartment and changing whenever he wanted.

Jonghyun was kind of relieved that it was over because he now could play with his pet once again and didn’t have to worry about his wellbeing anymore.

The fox was currently in Jonghyun bedroom, folding the laundry just like the older had showed him. He wanted to help in household so Jonghyun had shown him some things he could do. He didn’t really like the idea of ordering the younger around but the blonde insisted in helping so he “ordered” him to do some things. Onew and Taemin had gone out to meet up with some friends of them a few hours ago.

Kibum put the jeans, shirts and other neatly folded things in the closet and closed the doors, looking around to be sure that he didn’t forget anything. After he was certain that everything was in the right place, he left to room and strolled over to the living room where Minho and Jonghyun were battling against each other in some sort of game on that magical black box which could show things like movies or videos. Kibum didn’t really understand that but he shrugged it off.

He went around the corner and was greeted by the boy’s shouts.

“Get off the road, your only blocking it!”

“Hell no, make some space for me!”

“Yah, your ruining it. Can’t you see that I almost had him?!”

“I didn’t do anything!”

“You just rammed me!”

“Well sorry that you can’t drive!”

Kibum crooked his head, wondering why they were so angry at each other. Should he try to settle the dispute? But then again, the two weren’t even looking at each other. Their gazes were fixed on the screen of the magical boy which was called tv where some cars were driving.

The fox wondered where they were driving and if they would take him with them. A loud crash was heard and one car flew through the air, spinning multiply times before it crashed down at the side of the road and exploded.

Kibum squeaked and jumped back. He changed his mind: He didn’t want to drive with them wherever they were driving.

Minho and Jonghyun both held some strange thing in their hands, pressing button furiously and frowns shown on their faces.

The fox frowned. How could they drive a car if they didn’t sit inside of it? And didn’t you steer a car with the help of something like a steering wheel? So many question…

Sirens were heard and again Kibum jumped a bit and looked around, trying to figure out where they were coming from. The two boys on the couch cursed loudly and Kibum pouted at them. Master, you don’t say such words! He thought and scolded the older silently.

“ Minho, the cops. Faster, faster, faster!”

“Yeah I know dino face! Look after your own car before you nag at me!”

“They’re closer to you!”

“Who cares?!”

“No one! I’m just better then you are!”

“Shut up and steer your own car!”

The cops? The police? Why? Did they do something wrong? Did this mean that they would get arrested?

Kibum eyes grew in size. He didn’t want to be arrested. He didn’t do anything wrong or did he? He shook his head. Not that he knew about it. Maybe his Master decided to get rid of him…

His eyes started to water at that thought and he quickly pushed it aside. No, his Master had said that he was a good fox so he wouldn’t get rid of him……………..right?

The sirens grew louder and Kibum still hadn’t figured out where they came from. He was confused and looked around once again but there was nothing.

He looked back at the screen just in time to see Minho’s car crashing into a tree. The windows shattered and smoke came out of the front part of the yellow/black car. Seconds later a few police cars parked next to the damaged one and some funny looking people got out.

The screen turned darker. On Minho’s side appeared some black letters while on Jonghyun’s side flashed some white ones with a little firework? Now the box could also make fireworks……this got more and more confusing for the poor fox.

“Ha, I won!” Jonghyun cheered loudly and made a little victory dance while Minho only groaned a slumped back into the couch.

Some question marks appeared next to Kibum’s head. So did the funny people arrest Minho now? For what? What did his Master win? Where were the cars? Where did they drive? He stared into space for some moments, trying to figure out what had just happened.

“Oh hey Kibum,” Jonghyun finally recognized his pet and smiled.

The blonde looked up at him and immediately a smile appeared on his face, his previous thought long forgotten. Who cares anyway? He skipped over to the older and snuggled into his chest.

“Did you already fold the laundry?” Jonghyun asked surprised and Kibum nodded proudly.

“Whoa that was fast,” the older said and ruffled the other’s soft locks. “Good job,” he praised and Kibum’s tail wagged with happiness. See? He was a good fox!

“Come on, Jonghyun, I want another round,” Minho complained from the couch and the older looked at him.

“You really can’t lose, right?” Jonghyun teased and the younger glared at him. “Alright, alright.”

He sat down again but it seemed that he just remembered something. “Kibum?”

The blonde looked at him questioning. “Could you take the dishes out of the dishwasher for me?”

Kibum froze. Dishwasher…

“You worthless piece of ! How dare you to drop my plates!?!”

*lash*

He shivered as those memories haunted him and glazed at Jonghyun who looked at him with pleading eyes. He couldn’t disappoint his Master.

“S-sure,” he said and tried to smile.

Jonghyun beamed at him. “Thank you~” he sang and turned back to the screen, starting a new round of this strange driving game with Minho.

Kibum turned around and went to kitchen slowly. He entered the room and his gaze fell onto the dishwasher in the corner.

The shattering of the plates and the whips echoed in his mind and he backed away until his back came in contact with the wall. He gulped and stared at the machine across from him. It didn’t make move to attack him so he slowly crept over to it.

He hesitantly opened it and was met with some warm air and lots of clean dishes. One part of his mind screamed at him to run while the other scolded him for thinking things like that while he should do what his Master had told him. He shook his head to chase these annoying voices away and pulled the upper part of the dishwasher out, revealing lots of glasses and cups.

Kibum carefully took each one and carried it to the right cupboard, placing it inside and breathing out every time he succeeded in putting it away safely. It didn’t take long before he had finished with that part and pulled out the other one with the plates and flatware.

He decided to do these first and leave the plates for the end. He took out the basket with the forks, knifes and spoons and put them in the right cases. He ignored his slightly trembling hands and the nervous swishing of his tail as much as he could but he shivered at the thought of the plates still being in the dishwasher and only waiting for their time to be taken out and put away.

The fox slowed down his movement and hopes to earn more time but soon he held the last spoon in his hand, debating whether to put it away or not. He noticed that he didn’t really have a choice and put it away.

Kibum gulped and turned around to the machine, taking small steps and putting the basket back to where it belonged. He stared at the plates and wished that they would simply fly to their place or vanish into thin air.

He waited some more moments, hoping that his wish would be granted but nothing happened. The plates remained where they were and waiting for their turn innocently like they were mocking the poor fox silently.

There was no other way….he had to take them out. Kibum took one shaky breath and leaned down, taking the first plate in his hands and pressing his against his chest, afraid that it could slip away. He quickly put the horrible thing away and took the next one.

It went pretty well although Kibum was shaking quite a bit but except for that nothing much happened. He got more confident, wanting to finish as soon as possible.

There were only two plates left in the dishwasher so he took them out at the same time, quickly making his way to the other side of the kitchen to put them away and finish his task. He suddenly noticed that it weren’t two but three plates and wanted to catch the third which was slipped from his hold put he was to slow.

The porcelain plate shattered into pieces and startled Kibum so much that he let go of the two other plates. A wave of panic washed over him as he saw them falling to the ground and also bursting. His eyes were wide in horror and he fell on his knees, water collecting in his eyes.

No…

He grabbed some pieces in his hands, hoping that he could hide them somehow but he only cut himself on the sharp edges. The first tears spilled over and ran down his cheek, his body shaking.

He heard footsteps and his mind overturned.

Please not…….

“Kibum?”

He flinched at the voice and more tears spilled over, letting go of the pieces he had in his hands. He turned his head to the entrance like a robot and looked at Jonghyun.

His Master’s expression turned into a furious one and his breath got caught in his throat. The older stomped over to him, letting the whip cut through the air.

Kibum winced and scooted backwards until his back collided with the wall harshly. Tears streamed down his face and his body was shaking in fright.

“I-I’m sorry, I’m s-s-sorry, I-I’m sorry, I’m sor-rry, I-I’ll clean it u-up, I-I’m sorry!” he sobbed hopelessly and screamed as his Master raised the hand with the whip.

“D-don’t hurt m-me, I b-b-beg you, I’m s-sorry, I-I’m sor-rry!”

He tried to become one with the wall, squeezing his eyes shut and his breath became even faster. The world was spinning and he saw everything double and blurry. He couldn’t get enough air in his lounges and started to gasp for oxygen helplessly.

Suddenly he was yanked forward by the collar of his shirt and he screamed once again in fright.

“Kibum! Look at me!”

He didn’t know where that voice came from but he opened his eyes and looked into a pair of concerned brown puppy eyes. He was still gasping for air and didn’t have any control over his shaking body but somehow those eyes calmed him down.

 

 

Jonghyun and Minho were in the middle of playing the second round of their race game as the suddenly heard a loud crashes, followed by two other ones. They paused the game and looked at each other.

“Was that Kibum?” Minho asked and Jonghyun shrugged.

“I don’t know,” he said but stood up nevertheless to go look for his pet. Maybe he hurt himself…

They arrived at the entrance of the kitchen and saw the broken fragment of at least two plates on the floor, Kibum next to them and picking up the pieces, his frame shaking slightly.

“Kibum?” Jonghyun called concerned and the blonde flinched, letting go of the shards in his hands startled. He turned his head slowly and revealed his tear-streaked face. The oldest frowned and Kibum seemed to have stop breathing.

Jonghyun approached him but the younger only winced and scooted backwards until his back met the wall, looking like he was scared to death. More tears streamed down his face and it broke Jonghyun’s heart. His body started shaking uncontrollably.

“I-I’m sorry, I’m s-s-sorry, I-I’m sorry, I’m sor-rry, I-I’ll clean it u-up, I-I’m sorry!” the blonde sobbed and almost chocked on his own words. Jonghyun didn’t know what was wrong with him and held his hands up to calm him down but Kibum only screamed in horror.

“D-don’t h-hit m-me, I b-b-beg you, I’m s-sorry, I-I’m sor-rry!”

Why should Jonghyun hit him? What was going on? Jonghyun was really worried now as Kibum tried to become even smaller and started to gasp for air like he was hyperventilating.

The older freaked out on kneeled in front of the frightened fox who sobbed helplessly. He took the collar of his loose shirt and pulled him in his direction which let Kibum scream once more.

“Kibum! Look at me!” he said loudly and the other thankfully opened his eyes and stared into his concerned ones.

There was pure fear shown in those brown orbs. But fear of what? Jonghyun tried to figure out what was going on but couldn’t if Kibum was not responsive. The fox only stared at him and slowly calmed down, his breath going back to somewhat normal and his eyes clearing.

He broke down in Jonghyun’s lap and gripped onto the elder’s shirt, sobbing into the fabric. The brunette pulled him up and hugged him, letting him cry in his strong chest. It took some minutes before the sobs slowly died down and Jonghyun pulled back, taking the younger’s face in his hands and whipping his tears from his cheeks.

“What’s wrong?” he asked gently and Kibum sniffled.

“I-I-I tho-ought……y-you we-ere g-going t-t-to…..wh-hip m-me f-for pro-opping th-he….p-plates,” he stuttered and almost started to cry again.

Jonghyun’s eyes grew in size and he quickly locked Kibum back in his embrace. “Oh my god no, Kibum, never. Why should I whip you for that?” he asked shocked.

“”I-I wa-as….a-always wh-hipped if….I-I d-did som-methin-ng….w-wrong,” the boy sobbed into his chest and Jonghyun felt a pang aimed at his heart. His precious Kibum had been whipped before. What had he gone through?

“I would never ever whip you or hurt you in any way,” Jonghyun said and the blonde’s hair.

“R-r-really?” Kibum asked quietly and sniffled once more.

“I swear, never.”

He continued to pet the fox head in a calming manner while Minho gathered the shattered pieces, causing Kibum to flinch slightly. The youngest left the kitchen after he had put the remains of the plates away and Jonghyun thanked him quietly.

The pair sat on the floor a bit longer before Jonghyun looked at the fax face. His eyes were a bit swollen and puffy and he was still a bit shocked but apart from that everything seemed to be alright until he saw the blonde’s hands.

There were some cuts on his fingers, probably from the edges of the plates and a bit of blood ran down to the palm of his hand.

“Come one let’s treat your hands,” Jonghyun said and stood up.

The younger wobbled a bit and the brunette sneaked an arm around his small waist to steady him. Kibum looked up at the other.

“Thank you,” he mumbled quietly before he looked away.

Jonghyun smiled and lead him to the bathroom to treat the cuts. He sat the fox on the toilet seat and cleaned the wounds before he band-aid on it.

“Better?” he asked and Kibum nodded shyly.

Jonghyun wondered what his past was, who his parents were, if he had a family, where he grew up and so much more. But now was not the right time to ask. He would wait for a better moment and learn more about his beloved pet because he was determinate to know more about the other. He wanted to understand him better and protect him from things like today. He didn’t want him to go through this again. Not alone, he would always stay by his side.

 

 

 

 

 


I wrote this in one go and didn't read it agan because it's already late and I need to go bed like right now so I hope you still liked it. Tell me what you think and I'm in kind of a hurry now sorry.

I love all my Skys and pleaws leave a comment <3

If I write in futur chapter something about Kibum playing cutely you can expect it to look like this

Awwww so cute~

Okay need to go bye bye *waving*