Rescue

A Foxy Present

 

Jonghyun shut of the engine of his car and opened the door forcefully, shutting with equal force and then stomping off in the direction of the apartment complex in front of them.

“Hyung, slow down, you can’t just go like a bull at a gate,” Minho called and jogged to catch up with the puppy-eyed male who didn’t even listen to his friend’s words. He was far too angry to listen to anyone at the moment and he was only focused on getting Kibum back

His poor, precious Kibum.

“I think he’s not even listening,” Onew said and they let their friend be, following him silently as he immediately went for the elevators once they had entered the lobby.

He pressed the button for floor number 12 and waited impatiently, tapping his foot in annoyance as the transportation tool didn’t close the doors fast enough. It almost looked like his nostrils were flaring in anger and steam was coming out of him. He really looked like an angry bull though it was understandable.

Whoever had kidnapped Kibum didn’t have any right to do so. No one had the right to lay even a finger on him and the four could only imagine what had happened to the poor fox after he had been kidnapped.

They all equally much hoped to find him here and to bring him back to where he belonged. It felt much colder and gloomy without the bubbly shapeshifter in their apartment.

Finally the doors opened again with a high pitched ding and the four friends walked down the corridor until they had reached room number 1159, almost knocking over a post man during their epic walk of determination.

Jonghyun checked the address one more time on his piece of paper, his eyes switching back and forth a few times to be sure he really got the right apartment before he knocked forcefully.

Everyone held their breaths, praying they would find Kibum here but what did they expect? Him opening the door with a smile and saying ‘I was starting to wonder where you were all this time.’? That would have been too easy but it didn’t mean they were disappointed as a grim looking woman opened the door instead of the young boy and looked at them oddly.

“Yes?” she asked in a bored manner, almost snapping at the four men for interrupting whatever she had been doing.

“It’s just pure curiosity but you didn’t happen to have a shapeshifter in your apartment that does not belong here?” Jonghyun asked coldly and the woman made a face.

“I don’t have anything that doesn’t belong here so if you’d excuse me now,” she said with a scowl and was in the middle of closing the door right in front of them but Jonghyun blocked it with his foot and shoved the door open again.

“If that’s true then you won’t be bothered by us entering, right?” he asked sarcastically and did just what he said, his friends following him and mustering the woman with judging eyes.

“Yah, this is trespass! I can you let be arrested for that!” the woman shouted threatening but no one bothered enough to pay attention to her. They rather looked around and tried to figure out where Kibum might be.

“Just search everywhere,” Jonghyun instructed and the guys started snooping around, the woman yelling at them and trying to make them leave again but they wouldn’t have any of that.

Taemin was searching through the kitchen, looking in all cupboards and any space Kibum could possibly fit in. As a fox he was quite small after all so would probably had fit in almost any kind of space but he was disappointed as he didn’t find anything, not even the smallest hint until his eyes were drawn towards the floor and he spotted a bit of light fur. Bingo!

He picked it up and showed it to Jonghyun who seemed to grow another few inches with the rage that was building up inside of him. Kibum had to be here, he just knew it so they kept on searching.

Minho was inspecting the bathroom, a yelling and cursing woman behind him but he ignored her. He didn’t bother for any manners at the moment. They were to almost 100% percent sure that she was the one who had the men kidnap Kibum and bring him to her so there was no reason why he should be polite or show her any kind of respect she didn’t deserve anyway.

He’d love to slap some sense into her, although it would probably pretty useless but he settled for a more mature way and just blocked her and her threatening yells out. There was not much she could do anyway.

Sure, she could call the police on them but if they actually found Kibum here, which was highly likely, then she would automatically call the police on herself as well. That was probably why she didn’t do it and only threatened to call them.

Every normal sane person would have called the police already after four unknown men had just entered their apartment without any apparent reason, just to snoop around.

Sadly Minho didn’t find anything either and took a deep breath to calm himself since that woman seriously got onto his nerves with all her screaming around like an annoying, small child that didn’t get any candy.

“Come on, Kibum, please,” Jonghyun mumbled while he continued to search through the woman’s bedroom, looking under the bed, lifting the covers, opening the closet and rummaging through it but there was no the slightest hint of his beloved fox.

He had to be here, he just had to. There was no other place Jonghyun could think where he could possibly be. Slowly but surely he was getting desperate again but he didn’t allow himself to think negatively right now, they would find Kibum here, he was sure of it.

The woman’s reaction had been enough to give her away…

…or at least he liked to think so.

Onew was searching in the living room, lifting the pillows on the couch, looking behind the TV but he didn’t find any evidence of Kibum anywhere.

He sighed and looked around once again, crouching down in front of the couch in order to look under it though Kibum wouldn’t have been hiding there since he would have seen them entering, right?

Well, it couldn’t hurt to look, though there was nothing much that drew in the male’s attention except for a carton. It was probably to store magazines and all that sort of stuff but he pulled it out nevertheless, thinking it was quite heavy for only magazines.

With a frown he eyed the carton and swore he heard some noise coming from inside so he carefully took off the lid and looked inside, his eyes growing beyond wide and mouth opening in a silent gasp as he saw something he hadn’t expected at all.

Laying inside of the cartoon was a curled up and beyond scared looking fox, his frame shaking and his brown orbs staring at Onew with relieve and overflowing sadness, getting watery and looking like the owner as about to cry.

A small whimpering sound came from the animal and Onew snapped back to reality, his eyes falling onto the ropes which were tied around the fox’s legs and his snout.

“Oh my god, Kibum,” he whispered and lifted the shapeshifter out of the box and into his lap with utter care, his fur to calm him down as he worked on the ropes frantically, feeling his crazy heartbeat below his palm.

“Jonghyun!” he called once he had almost finished freeing the fox and multiply footsteps were heard. 

Unfortunately the woman was the first to arrive and Onew was quick to stand up and press the shaking and in relieve whimpering fox against his chest to shield him from this crazy person.

“NO!” the woman screamed before Minho got a hold of her and yanked her backwards again.

Jonghyun rushed into the living room and he felt like his heart was about to burst as he saw his poor little Kibum in such a state. He was quick to take him into his hold and the fox cried out at seeing his beloved Master again after such a long time.

He dug his claws in the elder’s clothes, afraid the other might disappear again if he didn’t watch out but Jonghyun didn’t have a problem with it at all. He hugged the small animal close and kissed the top of his head affectionately, feeling a wave of warmth wash over him once his lover was back in his rightful place in his arms.

“It’s okay, it’s okay, I’m here,” he whispered soothingly, though Kibum continued whimpering, his ears still pressed against his head and his tail close to his dangerously skinny body.

“I got you,” Jonghyun whispered in the fox’s ear and tightened his hold around him a bit to show him that he wouldn’t go anywhere.

The four friends almost stared crying at Kibum’s pitiful cries and Minho wanted to slam the struggling woman into the nearest wall.

Taemin came back to his senses rather fast and dialed the police’s number on his cell phone, quickly explaining where they were and what had happened.

A few minutes later some policemen burst through the door followed by a woman in her twenties who shouted out instructions with authority.

Everything happened so fast and soon the crazy woman was handcuffed and led out of the apartment by two policemen, the others taking a few pictures of the place or questioning one of the boys who were still not quite over the shock.

Kibum had hid inside Jonghyun’s jacket, too scared to come out and he even pulled his snout back inside his hiding place as the female police officer approached them.

“Is this the shapeshifter?” she asked politely with a soft smile and pointed at the bump in Jonghyun’s jacket.

“Yeah,” the brunette replied and looked down, seeing how Kibum tried to hide though his tail was still peeing out. “He’s quite scared at the moment.”

“I’m sure he is,” the woman said and bent down, turning her head a bit so she was able to see the small animal.

“But you don’t have to worry anymore, we’ll take care of anything from now on and you won’t see her ever again,” she promised and it seemed to help since Kibum relaxed a bit.

Thankfully they didn’t have to stay longer than necessary and soon they were allowed to leave the horrible place. This time Jonghyun didn’t drive but sat in the back, Kibum still curled up inside of his jacket.

All of them were relieved to have the fox back though it would probably take some time for him to get over the shock. First of all they had to make sure that he ate enough because he looked like he was almost falling apart, his fur not as sparkling as it used to be.

They all hurried inside their apartment and Kibum’s snout peeked out once his nose was hit by the familiar scent of his home. Slowly he looked out of Jonghyun’s jacket, making sure this wasn’t some kind of trick.

The dino carefully put him down onto the ground and Kibum took some shaky steps, looking around before he quickly scurried towards the kitchen and hopped onto the table with some difficulties, sitting down and looking at Jonghyun with begging eyes.

Of course it didn’t take long until the male figured what Kibum wanted and was quick to take out a big bowl and fill it with the fox’s favorite cat food, placing another bowl with fresh water next to it.

The four males all watched with sad smiles how Kibum started eating like he hadn’t gotten any food during the last weeks. He gulped down bite after bite without even chewing properly but none of them had the intention to stop him. He must he hungry after all.

After he finished the whole bowl of cat food he started drinking like there was no tomorrow until he seemed to be satisfied and curled up on the table, sighing contently and his ears resting again his head in a relaxed manner.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Today this story turns 1 year old! *gives you long chapter*

It has been one year since I started this and I'm just....I really can't believe it. This is my baby and it breaks my heart that it'll end soon T.T

BUT!

*drums in the background*

The sequel is up!

I already prepared everything and I think I explained all you have to know in the foreword but I still want to say a few things here.

First of all, I though about making the sequel for subscribers-only but then again I sometimes get a bit mad when stories are for subbies only so I didn't do it. I would be really thankful if the sequel gets many subscribers as well since many of you wanted the sequel after all. It is work for me too so....yeah okay I'll stop with my sulking but I guess you know what I mean.

Then as for requests: I don't have endless ideas and you guys voted a lot for requests so I hope there will be a lot of it. If only one person requests something then...yeah it a bit redundant to make a whole new story because of it. Just request whatever is on your mind and don't be shy to request for 6 or maybe 10 times. I'm happy about every kind of reaction I get from my readers.

I explained how you can request in the foreword as well. It's really easy ;)

But please request only there, not here!

Okay, that being said, here is the link:

A Foxy Time

You can go check it out now and can start requesting or whatever is on your mind.

I'm really looking forward to it so don't leave me hanging and all disappointed in the end ;)

Love you all~