Visit To The Doctor

A Foxy Present

 

Jonghyun was worried. Okay, Jonghyun was beyond worried. Why? Because Kibum had been acting strange the past two days and he hadn’t changed even once although he had grown familiar with his human body and changed more often normally, but not in the last two days. Moreover he always lay around somewhere lazily and didn’t want to play or even just walk to Jonghyun’s room. His breath was always labored and his eyes glazy. Maybe he caught a cold?

Who wouldn’t be worried if some ones pet was acting like this? Should they go to a doctor? It would probably be for the best but they couldn’t go to one for animals. They would ask for his papers and since they didn’t have any and Kibum was not a normal brand of fox they would question too many things.

So there was only one person that could help them: Mr. Lee, doctor of all of the four friends since years already plus he had already seen Kibum once.

 

Flashback

“Jonghyun?” Onew said as he eyed his younger friend in the living room. He had Kibum in his human form on his lap, his hair and scratching behind his fluffy ears.

“Hm?”

“Don’t you think you should go with Kibum to a checkup by a doctor?” he asked and both of the boys looked at him.

“Why should I?” Jonghyun asked with a frowned shown on his face and Onew sighed.

“Well Kibum lived on the streets for quite a while and maybe he has some injuries from his past that should be treated plus he surely needs some vaccination or otherwise he’ll catch a cold or flu or whatever is flying around.”

Jonghyun looked at the oldest flabbergasted. He had never thought about that…His gaze fell on Kibum who looked at him with questionable eyes, not knowing what his Master and Onew where talking about. He was fine, nothing hurt and he wasn’t feeling strange.

“You’re right…” Jonghyun managed to say after some moments. The fox was pretty fragile and if he caught a fever he would never forgive himself if he hadn’t gone to a doctor before. “We should but…..how do we explain this?”

Kibum didn’t understand a single word. What was a doctor? Why had he to go there? Why was that a problem? What did they have to explain?

Onew scratched the back of his head. “Well we can’t go to a vet because they would ask for his papers and stuff…we don’t have any so we can forget that.” He sighed and spoke up again after some moments. “The only solution for me would be to go to Doctor Lee. He has known us for years and he’s pretty nice. Maybe he can help us without telling anyone or freaking out.”

Jonghyun nodded slowly. That made sense but they needed to make an appointment and how would they explain all this???

“I’m just going to call his office and ask if I can talk to him. I just say that we need to get a checkup done but we don’t want to give further information. Maybe he can help us somehow,” the oldest said and stood up to make the call.

Jonghyun nodded and just then noticed the tug on his shirt. He turned around and looked at Kibum who had a pout on his lips.

“Master, what is a doctor?” he asked and the brunette thought for some moments.

“Well that is someone who looks if you’re healthy and if you are sick he or she can tell you what exactly it is and gives you some medicine to cure it. They also take care of wounds and injuries and other things that I for example couldn’t do,” Jonghyun explained.

“But I’m not sick,” Kibum said and the older chuckled. “Yeah I know but we should go for a checkup just in case. Maybe you have something that you don’t even feel anymore.”

The fox-boy wondered how that should work but shrugged it off. If his Master said that he needed this checkup than he would go to get it.

 

That’s how Onew and Jonghyun stood in front of the doctor office at 7 pm a few days later with Kibum as a fox in Jonghyun’s arms. It was already after the closing time but since they didn’t want everybody to know about the fox Onew had asked about a possibility to come around this time. They entered and Kibum looked around curiously. He didn’t really like it, everything was bright and white and there was a weird smell in the air. But his Master and Onew didn’t seem to mind it that much.

“I think we have to wait a bit until Mr. Lee comes,” Onew announced and so the wait some more minutes until a man in his thirties in a white tunic and a kind smile on his face approached them.

“Onew, Jonghyun, nice to see you two again,” he said happily. “Well then, who is that mysterious person that needs a checkup?”

The two boys looked at each other and then down to Jonghyun’s hold where Kibum had snuggled up, now peeking over his Master’s arm at the doctor with his big, brown eyes. The man crooked one eyebrow and bent down to look at the fluffy animal.

“A fox?” he asked as his eyes wandered over the animal’s frame.

“Y-yeah…” Jonghyun said quietly. How would he react?

“But you do know that I’m not a vet?” the doc asked and looked at the two friends again.

“Well it’s kind of complicate,” Onew said and fiddled with his hands. “He’s not a normal fox…”

“I can see that,” Mr. Lee said and smiled. “Okay then come with me and tell me about your special little fox. Maybe I can help you.”

Jonghyun and Onew sighed in relieve and followed the man to a surgery. Kibum was set down on the cot and sniffed around, staring at all the things, which had never seen before, in the room.

“So then tell me. What makes you think that I can help you with your fox?” the doc asked and sat behind his desk.

“Erm I know this sounds really weird now but Kibum here,” Jonghyun pointed at his pet. “He is some sort of special….he…..he’s a shapeshifter….he can change into a human and I know that you know might think that I’m crazy but he really can and we thought that he needed a checkup because he had been living on the streets for a while and we don’t know if he has any old injuries that need to be taken care of or I if he has an illness or I don’t know what and maybe he also needs some shots or something like that…” Jonghyun rambled and Doctor Lee just nodded slowly.

“A shapeshifter you say?”

Both, Onew and Jonghyun, nodded.

“Hmm…if that’s the case than this shouldn’t be any problem,” he said and smiled at the dumbfounded boys. “I’ve examine quite a lot already so you could have just told me that you had a shapeshifter with you.”

The two friends looked at each other. Okay…..why not?

“So you believe us?” Onew asked only to be sure.

“Of course, there are a lot of people with shapeshifters. I had one here just two days ago,” the doc said cheerfully and stood up to walk over to the cot. “But he has to change so that I can work my magic.”

And they had been so worried over this whole thing. How the hell should they have known that shapeshifters were so popular? They had never heard about it before Kibum came along.

“What was his name again?”

“Kibum,” Jonghyun answered and also went over to the cot just in case. He trusted Mr. Lee but this was not him but Kibum who sat there so he just wanted to look what exactly the doc did. He cared about his little fox after all.

“Okay then Kibum, could you please change for me?” the doctor asked kindly and the fox looked at his Master only to be sure that it was okay to change. The brunette nodded and some moments later no fox but a blonde boy sat on the cot.

“Aha, there we are,” Mr. Lee said and let his eyes wander over Kibum’s body shortly. He nodded in approval. “No bruises, cuts or scars at first glance.”

He went over to a cabinet and took out several tools he would need. He placed them on a tray and came back, putting it down next to the blonde boy. After that he went to take out some papers from a cupboard to write everything down.

“Okay first of all can you talk?” he asked and looked at Kibum.

“Y-yes,” the blonde said since he was a bit nervous about this whole thing. At least his Master and Onew were here so that doctor would do anything stupid.

“Can you calculate?”

Kibum shook his head. “No.”

“Writing and reading?”

“Just a bit…”

Jonghyun had taught him some letters and if he really concentrated he could read a simple book for kids but nothing too complicated.

“Do you remember any injuries you had in your past?” the doc questioned further and the fox thought for a while.

“Well I got bitten by dogs quite a few times and I often fell from roofs or trees but nothing serious I guess.” He really didn’t remember any injuries he ever-........oh yeah, there was something…….that woman….no he shouldn’t think about her, she’s stupid and cruel.

“That’s good to hear. Lots of animals fall down from somewhere but most don’t have any damage after that.”

Jonghyun was a bit shocked that Kibum had been bitten by dogs and fell down from somewhere. But what did he imagine? He had lived on the streets, live was cruel there so it was nothing compared to other animals. He surely had been lucky to get away without anything serious.

“We’ll need to measure and weigh you so please come over here.”

Kibum hopped down from the cot and walked over to a height gauge. Mr. Lee placed him with his back to a rod and lowered the measure thingy (I don’t know any terms here sorry T.T) until it was on top of the blonde’s head. He scribbled the exact height down on his paper and instructed Kibum to step on the scale.

“Oh…only 44kg,” Mr. Lee said surprised and scribbled it down.

Jonghyun felt horrible after he had heard the weight of his Kibummie….wait what? Kibummie? but they already gave him so much to eat and he ate sweets and cookies at the café but it seemed like just doesn’t gain much weight.

“Hm that’s a bit too light…..do you give him enough to eat?” the doc questioned?

“Of course!” Jonghyun protested maybe a bit too indignantly.

“Jonghyun, I don’t think that you don’t treat him well but I need to be sure that everything is alright. Maybe it’s not your fault that he’s so skinny. A lot of shapeshifter that lived on the streets are like this. It may not be the healthiest thing but it doesn’t harm them,” Mr. Lee explained. “If he would go up to 50 it would be more than enough for him but 44 is also okay. It just shouldn’t go lower than that so have an eye on it.”  

Jonghyun nodded embarrassed and Onew snickered quietly beside him. He glared at his hyung and he shut up, acting like he was innocent.

Mr. Lee examined Kibum further but as he wanted to look at his ears it became difficult.

“You have to hold still, Kibum,” the doc scolded since it was his third try but Kibum’s ear just twitched to violently.

“But it tickles,” the blonde said and pouted. It wasn’t his fault that his ears were so sensitive. Always when the tool brushed against some fur of his ear it started to twitch and wouldn’t stop before that thing was out of reach.

Mr. Lee sighed and wanted to give up but Jonghyun had an idea. He stepped next to the cot where the blonde sat and started to behind his ears. His body immediately relaxed and his eyes fell shut, purring lowly in the back of his throat.

“Can you try one more time?” Jonghyun asked and the man nodded, bringing his tool closer to the yellowish colored ear. It twitched once but stayed still as it was examined and the same progress happened to the other ear.

“So far everything’s alright,” the doc said. “But you still need to take your shirt off.”

Kibum’s eyes widened and he grabbed onto his shirt tightly and shook his head. He didn’t want to take it off.

Jonghyun was also not sure about this. He himself hadn’t seen Kibum without a shirt and he didn’t know if it was so good to let Mr. Lee have a view at him. But on the other hand he only wanted to make sure that everything was alright. Argh so difficult but it probably would be better to let him have a look.

“Come on Kibum, take off your shirt,” Jonghyun said with an encouraging smile and the youngest in the room looked at him with big eyes.

“B-b-but…”

“Come one let the doc have a look. We can turn around if you want.”

Kibum looked down and mumbled something before he shook his head. His hands wandered from hugging himself to the hem of his shirt and lingered there for a moment. He looked at his Master once more who smiled at him and nodded. He breathed out shakily and pulled the shirt over his head, letting it drop near him on the cot.

Jonghyun just had to stare at Kibum, there was no way around. His body looked so beautiful…His skin so flawless and smooth, he wanted to touch it but he pulled himself together. His eyes roamed over his glowing chest down to his flat tummy where the outlines of some of his ribs were visible. It wasn’t too bad but it still hurt him a bit that the other was so skinny.

Mr. Lee told Kibum to turn around and soon the three men in the room looked at a perfect, smooth back. Why the hell was his skin so heavenly perfect? Was he an angle in the life before this?

The doc let his thump travel over the blonde’s spine to be sure that nothing was wrong with it until it changed into the fluffy tail which swished with nervousness. The man mumbled some things as he touched different parts on the boy’s back and scribbled everything down. He also looked at his chest and palpated his ribs one by one and everything seemed to be alright so far.

“Okay Kibum, you can put your shirt back on,” Mr. Lee said and Kibum quickly did what he was told, not wanting to sit there exposed any moment longer. “Now I only need to know one more thing.” Everyone looked at him as the doc pulled something out of his pocket and threw it up in the air.

In the blink of an eye Kibum had changed and jumped to catch the grey thing that flew through the air. He fell down on the floor and Jonghyun’s heart stopped for a second, thinking that the fox broke at least three legs but surprising that was not the case. The animal rolled around with that thing still in his mouth, growling and biting down, wiggling on his back and jumping around like he wrestled with it.

“Hunting instinct: checked,” Mr. Lee said and grinned at Kibum who was still wrestling with that thing. He let go of it and just now Jonghyun saw that it was a grey gummi mouse. He snickered as he saw that his pet looked at the thing bewildered and touched it with his paw carefully, having noticed that it was no real mouse. He looked a bit disappointed and also confused, biting down once again and rolling the mouse around, trying to figure out what was wrong with it.

“I need that one back,” the doc said and Kibum looked at him, letting go of his prey slowly. “Thank you~”

Mr. Lee went back to his desk and sat down to look at the papers once more.

“And?” Onew asked after he had been quiet most of the time.

Jonghyun grew worried. What if something was wrong with Kibum? What if he was sick?

The doctor sighed and Jonghyun kneaded his hands.

“One of his wrists was broken and a few of his ribs probably bruised some time ago but it healed pretty well so we don’t have to worry about that. He had some illnesses already but got over them without any lasting damages. His lungs are all clean and he can breathe normally, his spine is straight and doesn’t have any malposition. His eyesight is good just like his ears, nose and teeth as far as I could see.”

So far so good.

“His reflexes are good and he doesn’t have something like lice or ticks anywhere…All in all I would say that everything is alright but I still want to take some of his blood and give him a few shots just in case.”

 Jonghyun sighed in relieve. Everything was fine, Kibum was healthy and in a perfect condition. Phew~ But they still had to give him the shots and he didn’t know how the fox would take it.

Mr. Lee took some syringes out of a cupboard and filled them with see-through substances.

“Could you please set Kibum on the cot?” he asked and Jonghyun went to catch the fox which was busy running around the room and inspecting everything. He pouted as he was lifted off the ground and again sat down on the cot.

The doc approached them and sat down next to him. Kibum got a look at the sharp needles and cowered against the cot as if to become one with it and hide from what was about to happen. He whined pleadingly and tried to run away but was caught by Mr. Lee around the waist.

“Jonghyun, please hold him down. I guess that he does not like needles so he’ll try to run away again.”

Jonghyun nodded and carefully help the fox down which whined desperately, hoping that someone would have mercy with or come to save him from this. The doc took the first needle and wanted to inject it in the animal’s neck as the fox managed to wiggle free and hide in the corner of the cot.

He clawed at the material as his Master pulled him back again and they tried one more time only to get the same result. Jonghyun just couldn’t force his poor little pet against the ground like that. The doc sighed and told Onew to do it.

“Sorry, Kibum,” the oldest said and took a handful of the fur in the fox’s nape and pressed the other hand down on his shoulder.

Kibum growled as he noticed that he couldn’t escape anymore and his tail flapped against the ground in annoyance. Jonghyun felt so guilty and almost started to cry, running around the room hysterically and sobbing about his poor pet. The two more grown up men ignored him and his stupid panic attack and focused on the animal.

Mr. Lee injected the first needled in the fox’s neck and Kibum cried out. Jonghyun screamed and jumped around, covering his ears since he couldn’t bear with his pet’s cries.

The next minutes were filled with Kibum’s whimpers and cries and Jonghyun’s sobbing about his poor little fox. Once every single shot had been injected and the doc had taken blood from Kibum, he was released and Jonghyun immediately rushed over to his stumbling pet.

“Poor Kibummie,” he said and before he could do anything else Kibum already rushed towards him with shaky steps and accidentally banged his head against his Master’s first chest. He shook himself once to get rid of the pain before he quickly hid inside of the elder’s jacket. Jonghyun secured him with his arm and now only the fox’s snout, his eyes and one ear peeked out.

“Okay I’ll call you as soon as I get the results,” Mr. Lee said and put everything away.

The two boys thanked him for his time and left the office.

“See it wasn’t that bad,” Onew said and wanted to pet Kibum’s head but the fox only hissed at him and pulled his head back in his Master’s jacket, now completely hiding.

“You hurt him and now he scared of you!” Jonghyun yelled at his hyung and the older scratched the back of his head.

“Sorry,” he said and grinned awkwardly.

Jonghyun scoffed and stomped off to their car, reassuring Kibum that everything was alright and that he would take care of him.

End of flashback

 

Currently Jonghyun was waiting in one of the rooms for Doctor Lee, Kibum lying in his arms with half lidded eyes and labored breath. The brunette his back in a calming manner but was quite shaken up himself. What if he was sick?

The door opened and Mr. Lee entered. “Good Morning Jonghyun, Kibum,” he said with a smile and petted the fox’s head. “So what can I do for you today?”

“I don’t know what’s wrong but Kibum has been acting strange for the last days. He always lies around somewhere and almost doesn’t move at all. He’s just being lazy and his breath is always labored,” Jonghyun explained worried and the doc nodded.

“Please lie him down on the cot,” he instructed and took out his stethoscope. He rolled Kibum on his back carefully and placed the tool on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. After that he placed his fingers on the fox’s chest and slowly dragged them down to his tummy.

Kibum wiggled and made some whining noises and Jonghyun was worried out of his mind. Was he hurt? Did he have a stomach ache? Did he break a rib? Was he injured? He wanted to stop the doc but he knew that the man only wanted to help and did his job.

Mr. Lee sat Kibum up and looked him in his watery, dazed eyes. He mumbled something and placed his hands on the fox’s hip and let them travel around towards his abdomen. Once again the fluffy animal wiggled and whined.

“W-what is it?” Jonghyun asked as Mr. Lee stepped back.

 “Well…” he started and Jonghyun’s heart beat faster. “It’s not rare for shapeshifter to have this and the worst is still about to come during the next days.”

Jonghyun wanted to scream.

“You have to have an eye on him the whole time because…”

Yeah? What is it?

“Kibum is in heat.”

…………………wait…………………………..what?

 

 

 

 


Aww I really like this chapter and I spend some time to bring it to "perfection"

I hope you like it as much as I do. Please tell me what you think~

I got new inspiration for this story and decided to write "random" chapters about everything that comes to my mind, nothing specifically so you have to bear with my randomness

Oh well Christmas is over....

But I got some nice present so it's alright

 

 

Oh and I got my bangs dyed in blonde~ Yay

 

Okay thank you for your support and I looooove comments by the way....

Bye bye~