If It Isn’t Chicken Than It Won’t Be Mr. Fluffy

A Foxy Present

 

The next morning Jonghyun woke up and immediately went to the living room to look after their new pet, hoping that it was awake by now. He heard some strange noise coming from there. What if the animal was dangerous after all? He shook his head and entered the large room, looking around curiously. His eyes fell onto the basket where the animal had been the last evening and he frowned.

The fox alike animal rolled around in the basket and rubbed itself on the blanket, looking like it enjoyed the fluffiness which surrounded it or wanted to scratch itself against the material. Jonghyun chuckled at the cute behavior and went over to the half self-made bed, crouching down beside it. The animal stopped its trashing around and lay still on its side as soon as it noticed Jonghyun kneeling down.

Wide, brown and intelligent eyes stared back at him. The animal made no attempt to attack him or to run away, it simply lay there and waited for something to happen.

“Hey there, did you sleep well?” Jonghyun asked and smiled, thinking the animal didn’t understand him of course.

As if it answered the pet yawned and over its snout. The human was a bit surprised but shrugged it off as a simple concidence.

“Still sleepy, huh?”

The foxy creature lay its head down onto the blanket and blinked sleepily. Jonghyun fought with himself for a moment but then pulled himself together. He extended one hand and slowly reached out to pet the fox. It looked at his hand, but didn’t seem to be afraid or something like that so he continued until his hand came in contact with the fluffy fur. He began to it and the fox closed its eyes, enjoying the petting session it hadn’t received for so long.

Jonghyun smiled and grew more confident. His hand started to behind the fox’s ears and the animal leaned into his touch. A low purring came from it and it straightened its neck, signalizing Jonghyun to scratch there too. The human did what he was “told” and the fox rolled over on its back.

A few minutes later they battled playfully. Jonghyun rubbed over the fox’s tummy and the fox tried to get a hold of his arm, sometimes mouthing its target, but never biting down seriously as if it knew it would hurt the human. The brunette’s fears from yesterday were like washed away and he already had locked their new pet in his heart.

Sometimes the fox ran around a bit and then came back to Jonghyun, jumping at him and his face.

“Ugh. Don’t my face silly,” the boy said and grinned as he rubbed its tummy again.

The fox rolled around and mouthed his arm once more.

“Oh you got me. You got me,” Jonghyun said cuddled the fox. He was so lost in their playing session that he got startled as his stomach growled. He stopped his actions and looked down at the fox in his arms. It looked back at him like it wanted to say: Was that seriously your stomach just now?

Jonghyun grinned apologetically and set the animal down on the floor. “Well I guess I should eat something,” he said and stood up, going to the kitchen.

The fox followed him and trailed between his legs, making it diffiltcu to walk properly. “You’re hungry too?” Jonghyun asked and filled one the bowls they had bought yesterday with some cat food. “I don’t know if you eat this but it’s worth a try, right?”

He sat the bowl down and the fox immediately started to chew on it like it had never eaten something so delicious in its entire life ever before.

“Someone’s hungry,” Jonghyun said and shook his head with a grin playing on his lips. He made some food for himself and soon afterwards Taemin, Onew and Minho joined him.

The fox perked up and looked at the new faces in the room. Taemin squealed and jumped to pick it up, the animal squeaking once out of surprise as it was lifted off the ground and pressed against the youngest chest.

“Oh my god, it’s sooo cute,” Taemin said and cuddled the soft fur ball in his arms, which snuggled up there.

Jonghyun grinned but stopped once he noticed something. “Wait…is it a he or a she?”

Onew turned around to him. “You didn’t look already?”

The second oldest shook his head and Onew rolled his eyes. “That’s one of the first thing you should have done.”

“Well then I’m looking now.” Jonghyun took the fox out of Taemin’s arms who whined a bit. He walked back to the living room and laid the fox down in the basket.

“So then, let’s look if you’re a male or a female.” The others had come too and Jonghyun turned to fox on its back. Like it knew what was going to happen it struggled a bit, making some disapproving noises.

“It won’t take long,” Taemin reassured and held the fox down gently while Jonghyun looked between its legs. He moved the fur aside and the fox trashed around, like it didn’t want them to see his private parts, almost like a human. The animal managed to escape of Taemin’s hold and quickly ran away, hiding under the couch.

“And?” Minho asked.

“It’s a male,” Jonghyun announced. He felt a bit guilty, but normally animals don’t really have a problem with that…right?

“Then we can finally think of a name for him,” Taemin said cheerfully. The four friends thought for a while and Onew was the first to come up with something.

“What about Chicken?”

“You’re not serious right?” Minho asked and looked at the older who just laughed awkwardly.

“Mr. Fluffy!” Taemin suggested and the others rolled their eyes at him and his stpuid ideas.

“If it isn’t chicken than it won’t be Mr. Fluffy,” Onew said determinate and the youngest was left pouting.

They argued over a name and didn’t even notice that the fox had sneaked out of the living room, still a bit flustered about what had happened. He went to the front door and spotted the bowl with the keys on the stacker. He searched for a way up there and climbed on the shelf for shoes. He took one bunch of keys in his mouth and jumped back down on the floor, walking to the living room where the guys still argued over his name.

The fox dropped the keys on the ground and the males looked down confused.

“A key?” Onew asked confused.

“Key…” The fox looked up to Jonghyun who had just spoken. “Is that your name?” The fox'se ars twiched and he made an approving sound if that was somehow magically possible and looked at them with big eyes, his tail swishing over the ground gently.

“I think it is,” Minho said.

“Well then we’ll call him Key!” Taemin announced and the others agreed.

 

 


I didn't plan to update so soon again, but I just can't wait. I already worte thaat chapter before and the next chapter is finsihed too. It's Key's Pov and I hope you'll like it.

This Key here is different from my first story, but I think I managed it quite well.

Okay that's it for now (I have to make lunch...)

 

I was so surprised when I saw how many Skys I already have

Thank you all *listening to Party Rock Athem and shaking the whole time to the beat, shuffeling with my feet under the desk*

 

Okay bye bye