Elevator Monsters

A Foxy Present

 

 

Jonghyun sighed as he got out of bed. He had the morning shift once again and he did not like it at all. He always had to get up so early and it was dark outside and cold and he was hungry and he was tired and he wanted to sleep and he still had the wake up Kibum……..

Oh right, he almost forgot that the fox would come with him to work. Instantly a smile crept on his face and it wasn’t that cold anymore. He switched on the lights in his room and went to his closet pulling out some clothes for the day and entering the bathroom to get ready.

Once he had finished he opened the door of his room and went to the living room where he found the fox cuddling into the sheets of his basket, curled up in a fluffy ball with his tail wrapped around his body. It looked like he had a nice dream because a little smile was shown on his face, but Jonghyun wasn’t sure if foxes could smile so maybe he just imagined it. He actually thought if he should wake him up or not because he was just too cute but he figured that Kibum would probably be sad if he left without him. So he crouched down and gently petted the fox’s head, rubbing one of his ears in between his fingers.

The fluffy ball stirred and little sounds were heard before the feline eyes finally opened tiredly. The owner of them looked at Jonghyun blankly for some seconds until he realized what was going on. He remembered where he would be going and that he didn’t have to wait for his Master. His mood immediately picked up and his tail started wagging from happiness, trying to his Master’s hand somehow, which ended up with him strangely twisted half on his back and half on his tummy.

Jonghyun laughed quietly and withdrew his hands, getting up and going to the kitchen to eat something for breakfast. Kibum trailed behind him and sat down next to his bow, waiting for his food patiently. Once the bowl was filled he started to munch on his breakfast and Jonghyun made himself some toast and cereals, drinking a simple glass of milk.

He went to the bathroom after he finished, getting ready and taking Kibum’s brush from the counter before he went back to him. He sat down and pulled the fox in his lap, brushing through his fur once so that it was straightened out again. Not that there was much out of place anyway.

“You sure want to look nice, right?” Jonghyun asked and grinned as Kibum gave an approving grunt, his eyes closed and his body relaxed because of the brush which felt more like a massage tool to him.

Jonghyun sat him back on the floor and went to his room to get the bag he always took with him to work. He stuffed in some treats for Kibum just in case and also one of his favorite toys if he would get bored. The fox was already waiting at the door, his tail still wagging from excitement and his eyes sparkling.

Jonghyun opened a shelf and took something out that Kibum could not really identify but he was sure that it was for him as the older kneeled down. It was pink and reminded him of his collar but it looked more like some kind of leash and he pouted, not liking the idea of being put on something like that. Jonghyun noticed his gaze and petted his head.

“Sorry but pets can’t run around without a leash here. I’ll take it off as soon as we’re at the café, okay?”

He went back to unraveling the thing. “At least it’s not a normal leash but a harness. Otherwise it would pull on you collar the whole time,” Jonghyun said and tugged on Kibum’s pink collar softly as demonstration which the fox commented with a whine. It was uncomfortable so maybe the harness was better.

Jonghyun put it on him and he shook himself once, the hook of the leash clinking a bit at the movements. It felt strange but he could live with it, he had to even if he didn’t want.

“Okay just let me get my jacket and shoes and we’ll be on our way in a second,” Jonghyun said and sat down to put his shoes on, taking his jacket of the hanger and wrapping a scarf around his neck. He looked at Kibum and wondered if he wouldn’t freeze outside but on the other hand his fur was very thick and fluffy so it should protect him from the cold.

He swung his bag over his shoulder and took the end of Kibum’s leash in his hand, opening the door so that they could go. Kibum curiously looked around because he had never seen the outside of Jonghyun’s house. He hadn’t been outside for quite a while. Not that he had a problem with it, he didn’t, but it was his nature to be a curious little fox so he tripled around, sniffing things and pawing at them on his way…….where ever they were going.

They passed some other doors and soon they stood in front of two huge silver things. Kibum pawed at them, his short claws scratching over the cold material, wanting to find to what that was until a ring was heard and the things slid apart, revealing a room. Kibum jumped back with a yelp getting in a threatening position, growling and ready to jump at that thing if it wanted to attack him or his master.

Jonghyun laughed at him and he looked up startled. There was an enemy across them, how could his master laugh at that?!

“Gosh you’re too cute,” Jonghyun said and shooed his pet in the strange thing.

Kibum panicked as the monster’s mouth closed again and he jumped forward wanting to get out and screeched as it started to move, probably starting to digest them. He ran around crying out and scratching at the things mouth or whatever it was but it wouldn’t let them escape.

Jonghyun could only laugh at his adorable, scared fox and soon decided that the poor thing have had enough. He got a hold of Kibum’s waist and held the fox down so that he would run around anymore which earned him a whine.

“This is an elevator,” he explained. “It can transport us up and down so that we don’t have to take the stairs. See? We’re downstairs,” he said as another ring was heard and the door slid open.

Kibum dashed forward wanting to get away from that horrible elevator monster as soon as possible and almost dragged his Master out of there. He calmed down once he saw that the thing didn’t follow them and forgot about it as another pair of strange door opened and revealed the outside which was drowned in snow. A cold breeze greeted them once they were outside and Jonghyun shivered a bit. Kibum on the other hand didn’t seem to mind and pounced on a heap of snow which was next to the door, starting to dig in it happily.

Jonghyun didn’t want to interrupt him but he needed to go to work so he called for his pet and together they took off in the direction of the café. Kibum looked around and admired the huge footprints his Master left in the snow. His paws were so tinny compared to them.

On their way they met a few other people that were also going to work and a few children that were on their way to school. They squealed as they saw Kibum and immediately came to pet the fluffy animal. The fox first didn’t know what to do but he soon figured out that they only wanted to pet him so he stood still and enjoyed it while it lasted. The kids carefully through the fur and were amazed by its softness, eyes wide and sparkling. After that they continued their way to school and the pair also took off once more.

The arrived at a cute café and went around it to a backdoor because it wasn’t opened yet. Jonghyun opened another door and they entered the changing room for the employees. There were also some lockers where they could put their clothes and bags in.

Just like he had promised he freed Kibum from the harness which the fox was rather thankful for.

“There you go,” Jonghyun said and put it in one of the lockers. He took out his uniform and took his jacket and pullover off. Kibum felt his cheeks heat up and turned around; he didn’t want to get caught while blushing over his Master’s body. He heard how the other changed and put his clothes also in the locker, locking it afterwards.

Jonghyun snickered as he saw that Kibum had turned around. He was sure that he didn’t want to admit it but the fox was pretty shy about some things. He shook his head and went over to him petting his head once.

“Don’t worry I’m ready,” he said with a grin and earned himself a little glare from his pet.

“Come on we should go. My shift starts in 10 minutes and I still need to prepare some things.”

With that he turned around and went to the door, holding it open for Kibum and then leading the way again. They went through the kitchen where they found no one and then through another door which lead to the café. Finally they found someone! There were Eunhyuk, another barista of their little cafe, Donghae, the kitchen chef and Leeteuk who was running all this……yeah only males…..Jonghyun himself had no idea why no girl was in their group but somehow it had always been like that.

“Ah Jonghyun, there you are. We thought you wouldn’t come at all,” Eunhyuk said and grinned.

Jonghyun only rolled his eyes, he wasn’t even that late.

“So where is that fox you talked about?” Leeteuk asked, completely ignoring Eunhyuk’s statement.

Jonghyun bend down behind the counter because Kibum had run off to look around and picked him up in his arms, walking over to the others.

“Guys, this is Key.” Jonghyun did not want everyone to know Kibum’s birth name. He showed the males his pet and they looked at him for some seconds.

“Aww he’s really cute,” Donghae said and stood up to pet the fluffy animal behind the ears. Kibum immediately started to purr and leaned in the touch; he could never get enough of this. Donghae chuckled and the other two joined him to look at the fox.

“And he really won’t do anything?” Leeteuk asked because if something happened he would be responsible for that.

Jonghyun shook his head. “No he’s really friendly and does almost everything you tell him.”

“Really?” Eunhyuk asked wide eyed. “Okay then listen Key.”

Kibum’s ears twitched and he looked at Eunhyuk, waiting for his command.

“Jump on that chair, turn around once and then come back,” he said and Donghae rolled his eyes.

“As if he could understand that.”

But the three males were surprised as Kibum actually jumped down from Jonghyun’s hold, climbed on the chair, turned around once and then tripled back to his Master, sitting down next to him.

“Ooookaay……..I thing he really won’t make any trouble,” Leeteuk said and laughed.

Jonghyun grinned and nodded.

“Okay then let’s get to work. Our first customers will be here in a few minutes. Eunhyuk, please put the sigh outside.” With that they were dismissed and everyone went to work.

 

 

 


 

I wrote even more but I figured that it would be too much for one chapter so I'm going to update it next time.

Oh and I found a new song I'm listening to the whole time: Teen Top - Rocking! The dance is soooo amazing I wish I coud dance like that but I don't have a mirror in my room and not much space so.....yeah it's kind of difficult and I'm still tring to learn some SHINee dances. I know some moves and I can dance most of Sherlock and Dream Girl but I want more....and I want a big mirror in my room.

And the results of my last poll really surprised me. I didn't think that the "so many" don't like buying Christmas present.... Well for me it really depens but that not important now~

SOmehow I have th efeeling that there is not much fluff in this chapter...what do you think? I really love to hear my readers opinion so that I can improve my writing skills and please don't hesistate the write things you don't like. Just tell me what to do better and I'll try my best.

 

Here comes the next poll~

I think I'll post one every chapter....

 

Oh yeah I almost forgot!

I'm going to post a Christmas soneshot on the 24th of December. Click here if you want to see the foreword or maybe even subscribe:

Merry Christmas

 

Okay that's it for now. Thanks for you support

Bye bye