The Past

A Foxy Present

 

 

“Stand up!”

Kibum did as he was told and stood up although his body protested. Everything hurt and his legs trembled a bit, close to giving out under him. His breath was labored and a few sweat droplets ran down at the side of his face.

“Did I tell you that you could just sit down like that?!” the woman in front of him snapped and he shook his head, gaze fixed on the ground.

“Then why did you do it?!”

“I’m sorry,” Kibum whispered, vision starting to blurry with the water that collected in his eyes. He didn’t want this.

“You are such a worthless thing. Do you really think that anyone out there will accept something like you as their pet?!”

Kibum bit his lips at her harsh words and the first tear rolled down his cheek. He knew that he was stupid. He couldn’t read or write, he was not strong but weak and fragile, his animal form was an odd fox, he does not understand many things, he often forgot things and he always managed to cause trouble. All in all just a burden to everybody.

His ears were flattened on his head and his tail between his legs; a clear sign of fear, hurt and sadness. The woman couldn’t care less about that and only nagged at him further.

“Aish, I really can’t stand you anymore!” she yelled and Kibum just wanted to hide in a closet or something. “Go and take the dishes out of the dishwasher,” she ordered and the boy hurriedly ran to the kitchen to escape her somehow.

It was a freaking hot day and the air flickered. Kibum was sweating like crazy and that not only because he wasn’t allowed to sit down anywhere and had to run around to get things for the woman the whole time, no, it was also because he had a fever that no one cared about. It was nothing too serious but his body was still damn tired and hot. So double amount of heat for the blonde.

Every time he had tried to drink something the woman had taken it away from him saying he could only drink if he was finished with the tasks she gave him, meaning not anytime soon.

She was some kind of shapeshifter-trainer that trained young shapeshifters so that they were ready to search for their master. Kibum was a bit late for all this because he had spent lots of time outside, roaming around and not knowing what to do. He had been seventeen as some trainer found him and brought him to this cruel woman to train him.

That was a few months ago and those were to most horrible months of his entire live. He did not even know the name of the woman; he always had to address her with miss or madam and was not allowed to speak informally. He couldn’t decide things on his own and had to do whatever she told him.

He really did not know why this was called training but maybe it had to be like that. Kibum only knew that he didn’t like it and that it was exhausting. It was often that he collapsed on his blanket in the afternoon, worn out and not able to move anymore. Most of the time he stayed in his animal form because it was more comfortable for him this way but sometimes he had to change and today was one of those days where he wasn’t allowed to change back until she told him to.

He arrived in the kitchen and immediately started to take the dishes out of the machine. He put everything in order and put the glasses, plates and flatware away in the right places. He tried to ignore his sore muscles and his tired limps and concentrated on his task.

He had almost finished and there were only some plates left after a few minutes. He piled them up on one of his arms and took them in his hands to carry them to the other side of the kitchen. Unfortunately his hands had become more and more sweaty and the plates slipped away from his hold.

Kibum heart stopped as he saw them falling to the ground in slow motion, a loud crash ringing in his ears as they shattered on the ground. His eyes were wide and his mind blank until a booming voice echoed through the house.

The woman appeared at the doorframe, a furious expression shown on her face and Kibum looked up frightened. In her hands was a short whip that she had used many times already if he did something wrong again. She slowly made her was towards the scared boy that fell on his knees in front of her.

“I-I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m s-sorry, I’ll clean it up, I’m s-sor- OW!” Kibum whimpered and tried to duck away from the whips sadly without much luck.

“You worthless piece of ! How dare you to drop my plates!?!” she yelled and whipped the poor boy another time.

Kibum had curled up on the floor, whimpering and whining because it hurt so much but the woman didn’t care at all if she hurt him or not. She only whipped him more and eventually stopped after some minutes.

The fox boy was laying on the floor limply, tears streaming down his face like a river and his body stinging with pain. His eyes were glazed and unfocused and started into space without emotion. He made no attempt to stand up or to complain so the woman left him alone in the kitchen, thinking that he had learned his lesson.

Several time later when the woman had already gone to bed, Kibum tried to move and whimpered as pain shot through his entire body. He managed to stand up and limped out of the kitchen, looking around, scared that the woman would attack him again if she saw him. Thankfully she was nowhere to be seen and he continued his way. First he wanted to go to the living room and curl up on his blanket like always but then something else came to his mind and he changed his destination.

He slowly went to the front door, looking back several times to be sure that no one was around and laid his hand on the door know, twisting it slowly. To his relieve the door opened and was not locked. He opened it and went outside, changing into a fox as soon as he wasn’t in the house anymore.

He ran as fast as he could in his stage, only wanting to get far away from this horrible place. He ran for what felt like an eternity before he slowed down and tried to catch his breath again. He continued his way slowly, not knowing where he should head since it was already dark outside.

Kibum reached a park after some minutes and decided to spend the night here. He searched for a save spot any laid down with his tail curling around his body. The shock from before was still there but he was too worn out to think about it more. His eyes fell shut shortly after and he entered dreamland under the dark night sky.

 

 

The following weeks were kind of hard for him because he had to get used to the life on the streets once more. Back at the woman’s house he got food and water most of the times but here he had to search for it and sometimes didn’t get anything for a day or two. Live out here was cruel but he got used to it soon again.

He moved far away from the place he came from and he saw that woman never again. Instead of that he met some other animals in the park and played with them sometimes. He hadn’t someone around him all the time and he thought that maybe he should start to search for a master.

He had heard so much about the relationship between shapeshifter and master but he couldn’t really imagine him in that situation. He had built up a sassy attitude over the years to survive outside and it seemed impossible to him to meet someone he would want to serve for the rest of his live.

Fate decided to prove him the opposite and sent him a chance several months later in one of those cold winter nights.

 

 


A late update and I'm sorry for that but I actually don't quite know where this story should end.....I'm mean I have no real end planned for this and now I don't know what I should do please help me

 

I hope this helped you to understand Kibum's past a bit better since I thought that I should explain it to you somehow and I'm only writing nonsense here.....sorry

 

Thanks to my lovely Skys~

Please leave a comment

Bye bye