Yahtzee And The Dices

A Foxy Present

 

The three friends had really taken a liking in the small fox. He was passed around like some kind of trophy and everyone wanted to pet him and showered him with huge amounts of cookies.

Kibum didn’t seem to have a problem with this at all. He always came back whenever Jonghyun sat him down on the ground and climbed into someone’s lap, looking at them with big hopeful eyes. It didn’t even take a second until a hand was back to petting his soft fur, letting him purr quietly and snuggle up.

It was like heaven. Maybe nature had given him this looks so no one could resist him. Maybe it was his survival skill. He would bat his lashes at his enemy and they would melt on the spot, retreating and leaving him alone. Yeah…that sounded very good in his opinion.

All seven males (and one small fox) sat in a circle in the living room and were currently playing Yahtzee. Minho was determinate to win although he couldn’t really influence the outcome but okay, he tried nevertheless. Changmin was eating the whole time, occasionally giving some of his snacks to Kibum but no one else was allowed to touch them. Taemin complained the game wasn’t fair, Donghae and Eunhyuk laughed at each other’s failed rolls of dice, Onew constantly lost one dice and Jonghyun….well it seemed like Jonghyun was the only normal person in the room.

They really were a bunch of idiots.

Jonghyun had notice Kibum kind of liked the dices and sometimes tried to play with them but was always held back by the one whose lap he had occupied. He watched the dices roll around with big interest, seeming like he was about to pounce onto them but then Minho grabbed them and put them back into the cup since it was his turn now.

The determination/fire was burning in his eyes and it looked like he tried to threaten the dices in the cup. Sometimes he just didn’t understand that there was something called luck or coincidence. He shook the cup and turned it around, crashing it against the floor so hard Jonghyun feared it might break. He lifted the cup and grinned at the amazing outcome. It was a Yahtzee.

Well, it was until Kibum pounced onto the dices and started playing with them, messing them up completely.

“KIBUM!” Minho hollered and the small fox looked at him with big eyes, his ears flattening on his head and dropping the dice in his mouth. He hung his head low and shuffled back into Changmin’s lap who gave him a cookie as a cheer up, patting his head comfortingly.

Minho glared at the yellowish animal for a bit more before he turned his attention back to the dices on the ground only to see them all messed up. The others tried to stifle their laughers as they saw the horrified expression on the tall brunette’s face.

“You saw it! It was a Yahtzee!” he called but the others just shook their heads and shrugged, grinning like crazy.

“Well I didn’t see anything, did you, Onew?” Taemin asked and looked at Onew who just shook his head, also grinning.

I didn’t see anything either,” he said, almost starting to laugh.

“You!” Minho growled lowly, turning to Kibum who hid in Changmin’s lap, having much of space in between his long legs. It almost looked like he was grinning at the male, mischievousness twinkling in his eyes and he glance at Jonghyun, getting a thumps up from his Master.

“Hey, don’t blame him, he’s innocent,” Eunhyuk butted in, protectively shielding the fox from Minho’s glare. The latter just groaned and rolled his eyes in defeat. That shapeshifter surely had everyone wrapped around his finger….or paw….urgh whatever.

Changmin started to play with Kibum and soon little growls and grunts could be heard from the animal. He tried to get a hold of the human’s huge hand, mouthing it and holding onto it with his paws.

Jonghyun chuckled because he often played with Kibum like that as well. It seemed like the shapeshifter had taken a liking in the tall guy but the dino would always be the number one on his list. No one could take his place.

“How come you know about shapeshifters?” Jonghyun suddenly asked as he noticed none of the three had been surprised by Kibum’s presence.

“A friend of my parents has one,” Donghae said and Eunhyuk nodded, probably knowing the same person as well since their parents were pretty close.

“My mom works in a small store for homeless shapeshifter where you can buy them together with a bunch of toys and other stuff you might need,” Changmin said, still smiling because Kibum was clinging to his hand like a leech, biting into one of his fingers and didn’t let go even as he lifted it.

“I didn’t know there were stores like that,” Onew said surprised, turning around the cup with dices and pouting at the outcome. What was he supposed to do with this mess? There was nothing useful at all.

Changmin removed the little koala from his hand and sat him down in his lap again. “There aren’t many and it’s rather new but more and more people just don’t take care of their shapeshifters anymore. They just use them as servants or sometimes even abuse them. If they manage to get away they often come to a store like ours but most die on the streets. It’s a lot of stress and pain for them is their Master does not pay attention to them or doesn’t return their feelings so some die from heartbreak. We rather help them and let other people buy them as regular pets instead of letting them die,” the tallest explained and everyone just hummed lowly.

Jonghyun felt sorry for all those shapeshifters that had to suffer so much. He just hoped Kibum never felt this way about him and he was a good Master for him.  

Just as he thought that the fox looked up at him like he could feel his sadness and worry. He clumsily crawled out of Changmin’s lap and tripled over to Jonghyun, snuggling in his side and looking at him with big sparkling eyes as if to say ‘Don’t worry, I’m alright. Cheer up, please?’

The brunette smiled and patted his head before he lifted Kibum in his arms and cuddled him to his chest, burying his face in his soft fur for a moment to clear his head. The fox kind of his hair with his paw as if to sooth him and Jonghyun chuckled, happy he had such an amazing shapeshifter he could call his one and only.

“Oh god this is like a scene from a drama,” Eunhyuk muttered and rolled his eyes.

“At least you don’t have to pay for it,” Taemin said and nodded as if it was the most important thing at the moment.

“Now I want my own shapeshifter too,” Donghae said and everyone laughed. “Can’t I have Kibum for a while?” he asked hopefully but Jonghyun just shook his head with a grin.

“Not gonna happen. I don’t think you could make it down the stairs before he runs back.”

Everyone laughed at Donghae’s sad expression and Eunhyuk patted his shoulder comfortingly. “Don’t worry man, you can do this.”

“Yay, I got a Yahtzee!” Taemin suddenly cheered and Minho glared at him.

“Tell me this is a joke,” he muttered and the maknae smiled at him innocently.

“It isn’t, see?”

Minho turned to Kibum. “You messed up mine so you can at least mess up his as well,” he snapped sulkily but the fox stayed where he was and just looked at him with big brown eyes like he hadn’t understood a word he had said.

The brunette grumbled under his breath, muttering something about stupid shapeshifters. Jonghyun just laughed and ruffled the animal’s fur.

 

The three guys stayed for until 2am before they said goodbye and left to go home since all of there were a bit tired after such a long day.

Taemin had fallen asleep on the couch and Minho was in the middle of dragging him to his room by his arms, not caring that the maknae’s head was bumping against some obstacles from time to time. He couldn’t watch out for everything and it was his fault for falling asleep in such a spot. Maybe it was also revenge because of the Yahtzee…who knew, who knew…

Kibum was still playing with the dices of the game and Jonghyun watched him, laughing at his cuteness and stealing his toys from him sometimes only to roll them and let the fox chase after them.

The shapeshifter brought the dices back, his tail wagging excitedly and Jonghyun petted his head with a smile.

“Don’t you think it’s time for bed, little one?” he asked and Kibum looked at him with big eyes as if to say ‘Now already?’

Jonghyun chuckled and picked him up, going to his room after he had put the dices away. “Yeah now. You’ve been jumping around for long enough already. It’s time for bed,” he said and sat Kibum down on his bed but the fox followed him in the bathroom anyway. He hopped onto the toilet seat and watched how the older brushed his teeth and got ready for bed. Okay he did turn around as he changed….

He was picked up again and was carried back to the brunette’s room where he snuggled up into the sheets of his bed and rolled around happily.

“Come on, I’ll get your fur all over the bed,” Jonghyun scolded playfully and Kibum shifted into his human form, grinning at his Master innocently.

The older shook his head and gave the blonde some clothes he could sleep in. The other quickly changed, hoping Jonghyun wouldn’t watch him but he did anyway and was once again lost in the younger’s beauty. He really had to have been an angle in the life before this.

Kibum looked at the older hopefully once he had changed, silently telling him to come to bed because he wanted to cuddle. Thankfully Jonghyun got the massage and smiled, crawling under the covers after he had turned off the lights and immediately the blonde come to snuggle with him.

His heart made a little jump out of happiness because this once again proved him much Kibum loved him. Who would voluntary cuddle with someone this much if he didn’t love the one? Right, no one. But the blonde always sought the elder’s closeness at any time of the day and at any place.

After what Changmin had told him he was glad to know Kibum felt comfortable around him and wasn’t hurting physically or mentally. He would never want his precious fox to be sad or hurt. He would do anything he could to protect him from any harm.

“Jonghyun is thinking too much,” the younger mumbled against the brunette’s strong chest and the latter looked down at him.

“Hm?”

Kibum opened his eyes slowly and looked up at his Master.

“You are thinking too much. You are not comfortable at all because everything is stiff and hard down here,” the smaller one said with a pout. Jonghyun got the biggest shock of his life, gaping at the younger but shook his head after he had finally got what the other had meant. Geez, he should stop interpreting everything into that.

“Sorry,” he apologized and tried to relax with left Kibum sigh contently. He rubbed his cheek on his Master’s chest until he was settled comfortable and closed his eyes again.

Jonghyun’s hand came up to pet his hair but the blonde caught his wrist and moved his hand down to his waist. The older chuckled and circled his arms around the younger’s small waist, pulling him even closer and planting a small kiss on his forehead. He loved the fact that Kibum was so small and fit perfectly next to him.

The shapeshifter purred softly, tilting his head up to give the elder’s cheek a . After that he settled back into his previous position and started drifting off to sleep.

“I love you, my little playful fox,” Jonghyun whispered and Kibum hummed.

“Love you too, my handsome dino.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Don't worry, I did not foget about the .

But I also wanted to ask you something else. I've been thinking about this story a bit the last few days. Yes, I'm going to continued it until.....I don't know when. As long as I have/get ideas and as long someone reads it (and writes comments).

So like already said I've though about this story and was wondeing whether it needs a bit more of 'action' because I'm afraid only fluff is getting boring after such a long time. I don't think I would add angst....I'm really not good with that and I've never writen it before so yeah....but maybe somehing else, I don't know. What do you think?

I really like to know my readers' opinions about my story so you can also write a comment about your thoughts.

Thank you for your many comments last time, continue like that please *puppy eyes*

See ya next time~