Family Reunion

A Foxy Present

 

Jonghyun’s jaw hit the ground with an imaginary thud and he stared at the three people on the floor with big eyes.

“Mommy?” Kibum asked again and they woman smiled, nodding and hugging the blond boy against her chest.

“Yeah…” she said and looked like she was about the cry. Kibum cuddled close to her and smiled happily.

Onew and Jonghyun looked at each other rather confused, both of them not really knowing what the hell was going on. Those two people were Kibum’s parents? How did they find him and why did they only come now? And they didn’t look like shapeshifters. Confusion!

“Aww my baby, finally I found you!” the woman, Kibum’s mom, squealed and the poor fox looked like he couldn’t breathe anymore from her tight hug. Thankfully she let go of him after a few moments and he took a deep breath.

He shook himself once before he looked back at the two persons in front of him, his tail picking up the pace and a big smile sneaking onto his face.

“Hey kiddo,” the woman’s husband said and petted the fox’s head.

“Daddy!” the younger squealed and threw himself into his father’s outstretched arms, causing both of them to topple over. The blonde man laughed at his excited son and ruffled his hair.

“You’ve grown up,” he said and Kibum nodded proudly, rubbing his cheek against his dad’s chest to show his affection.

The scene was heartwarming but there were still a few unanswered questions floating around the room.

Jonghyun cleared his throat and three heads switched around to look at him, Kibum giving him a big smile which he returned, obliviously. Who could resist him anyway?

“I’m really sorry to interrupt but…” He stopped midsentence and glance at Onew beside him, hoping to get some kind of support because he didn’t know how to word his question without it sounding offending.

But the two adults seemed to understand him nevertheless and Kibum’s father sat up again and gently pushed his son off his lap so that he could move over to sit on the couch, followed by with wife. Kibum settled next to them, looking like a kid that waited for Santa Clause to give him presents.  

“I know this must be quite confusing for all of you,” the blond man started and looked at the woman next to him who just nodded her head, urging him to continue.

“But before we start we should introduce ourselves properly. I’m Kim Ray and this is my Wife Kim Jee Son and yes, we are Kibum’s parents.”

Jonghyun swallowed nervously, not knowing what to expect now.

“I think it would be for the best to start from the beginning. As for starters there is this institution for all shapeshifters around Seoul and every single one has its own file there where everything is listed,” the man started to explain and the two friends sat down because they were sure it was going to take a little while.

“We are listed there too since we are shapeshifters as well.”

Jonghyun nodded shortly. Okay these two were shapeshifters but didn’t have any animal traits in there human form. Maybe not everyone had them. No surprise he had never noticed shapeshifters running around the town. If they were like this there was no way he could identify them.

“Around 10 years ago we had a bad car accident in the woods near a slope. We were flung out of the car and Kibum had bad luck. He fell down the slope and probably hit his head somewhere, causing memory loss. We searched everywhere but couldn’t find him. We guess he woke up earlier than normal and ran away because he was scared.”

The man looked at his son with a sad smile adn petted his head.

“We thought he was dead and quit searching for him after a long time but never lost hope. So we asked one of our friends who works at the institution to keep us in mind while he worked on the files and to inform us if he found someone that could fit Kibum’s description.

Almost one year ago we got a call from him and he said he got information about a young shapeshifter that was currently living with a shapeshifter trainer. So we waited until we got the address and drove there as quickly as possible but only to get disappointed since the woman told us he had run away.”

Jonghyun noticed how Kibum’s ears had bent backwards once the woman was mentioned. Was she the one that had hurt him if he had done something wrong? Most certainly, he couldn’t explain it any differently so it had to be that way. But he let go of it for now, not wanting to discuss that in front of his parents.

“We waited again, hoping someone might see him or anything but nothing happened for a couple of months until a week ago when our friend said someone was a man entering this apartment complex together with a fox. We came as quick as possible and were lucky like it seems.”

He smiled at his son who nodded.

Silence filled the room and Jonghyun needed a bit of time to progress all the information he had just gained.

“So…..both of you are shapeshifter?” he asked slowly and the parents nodded. “But I thought…”

Jee Son smiled at him as if she seemed to understand what the brunette wanted to say. “Not everyone is like that. Some find their Master who happens to be human, others have one which is an animal. It isn’t often but sometimes two shapeshifters fall in love and start a relationship which was our case. I met Ray in Scotland on a vacation and it just fit so he came to South Korean one year later and the rest is history.” She smiled a loving smile which was returned by her husband.

Jonghyun nodded slowly, that made sense.

Onew next to him seemed to understand as well. “How come you two don’t have any ears like Kibum?” he asked, speaking out loud exactly what Jonghyun was thinking.

“Because he never learned how to let them disappear completely,” Jee Son explained. “It’ll probably go away at the age of 21 but it seems like he’s a special case so he won't be able to make them disappear for a longer amount of time. Maybe a few hours tops but normally that shouldn’t be a problem, right sweetie?” she turned to the blond boy who had been listening carefully. She scratched behind his ears, a low approving purring escaping his throat and his eyes almost falling shut.

“Hyungs! Dinner is almost ready,” Taemin called and came into the living room, stopping once he saw the two unfamiliar faces.

“Who’s this?” he asked, pointing at the adults on the couch and looking at the older guys confused.

“Kibum’s parents,” Jonghyun said and Taemin blinked a few times before he registered what he had been told.

“Oh my, you have a lovely son,” he said with a grin and the adults looked at each other happily.

“Did someone say dinner?” Minho’s voice ran through the dorm and soon he appeared in the living room as well.

“Who-“

“Kibum’s parents,” Onew quickly said before the tall male could even ask.

“Oh…nice to meet you,” he said with a smile.

“My, my Kibum, with how many handsome men do you live?” Jee Son asked teasingly and her son hid behind his hands, peeking at her from behind them as if he was just caught stealing sweats.

She laughed at his adorable behavior and petted his head. “Sooo….which of them did you choose?” she asked, sounding a bit more serious but the loving smile never leaving her face.

Kibum shifted into a fox and jumped over his parent’s legs to Jonghyun who picked him up him his arms and grinned as the animal showered his face with of his tongue.

“Okay, okay I get it,” he said laughing and held the small ball of energy down. Kibum his snout and settled in his Master’s arm like it was some kind of hammock.

“I see,” his mother said and for a second Jonghyun thought she’d disapprove but she didn’t and only nodded her head.

“And what kind of animals are you?” Taemin suddenly asked excited and Minho looked at him with and expression that said you did not just ask that. The maknae pulled up his shoulders guiltily.

“Sorry,” he muttered but the two adults just smiled.

“You want to see?” Ray asked and Taemin nodded excited.

The couple stood up from the couch and just like Kibum it always did they shifted into animals. Everyone held his breath and soon they were looking at a red fox which was obliviously Jee Son and a golden retriever that sat next to his wife, tail wagging in a lazy pace.

Kibum peeked over his Master’s arm curiously and didn’t know what to do about the dog. He knew it was his daddy but he still wasn’t quite reassured until he saw his mommy sitting next to him. He debated for a bit before he climbed out of Jonghyun’s strong arms and jumped down to the floor, slowly inching closer to his parents that waited for him patiently.

He sniffed his father's fur before he decided he meant no harm and ran around his front legs, liking how he could play slalom in between them.

Everyone else watched in amusement and finally Jonghyun understood why Kibum had such an odd color for a fox. He was a hybrid out of a normal fox, his body, and a golden retriever which explained his fur color and why he wagged his tail like a dog.

This surely was interesting.

“Aww good, they are such a cute family,” Taemin squealed and bent down to pet all of their heads.

Kibum stood still for a second before he began pacing again, this time climbing up his father’s back and lying is head and top of the dog’s one. Both had the same fur color and it looked really funny, almost like the dog had two heads.

The young fox was bored once again and slid down his father’s side and went over to his mom. She started grooming and his fur and the younger laid down after a while. They started playing, biting each other playfully and rolling around. His mom left him after a bit and Kibum quickly stood up and jumped on top of her, causing her to fall down because he was just as tall as her.

They rolled around for a bit more, Ray and the others watching amused before Jee Son shifted back and picked up her hyper son.

“You little rascal,” she said but couldn’t hid her smile. Kibum looked like he was smiling and his tail wagged happily.

“Aww you got that from you dad,” the woman said and shook her head, setting the younger fox down again who dashed off to Jonghyun, jumping up in his lap and lying down.

Ray shifted as well and the couple looked at each other.

“Seems like our son is in good hands,” he said and Jonghyun looked up at him surprised, relieve washing over him.

“I’d say we two set off for home, you surely have other things to do.”

Like this they bid farewell to each other which involved a lot of hugging between Kibum and his parents. They said they are going to visit them sometime soon again but would announce themselves instead of suddenly knocking on the door.

Once the door fell shut Kibum turned around and jumped on Jonghyun’s back, smiling from ear to ear and his tail wagging happily.

“Geez, you’re heavy,” Jonghyun teased although Kibum was as light as a feather and he almost didn’t feel him on his back. At least he had earned a bit of weight over the last few weeks.

“Am not!” the blonde complained and pouted.

“You sure?” Jonghyun asked and crooked one eyebrow at him.

Kibum tsked and moved off the other’s back, going to the kitchen where the long forgotten dinner was still standing on the stove.

“Food!” came and excited squeal and the four friends grinned.

“Come on we should eat it before it gets cold,” Onew said and together they made their way over to where Kibum was already waiting.

“I just hope it is eatable,” Minho muttered.

“Of course, I made it!” Taemin said proudly.

“That’s why I’m worried.”

“Yah!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I managed to write somehing tha tis at least a bit longer!

Haha yeah i'm proud of myself and i even managed to update my other stories~

I have a new MinKey oneshot if yo wan to check it out just click here~ Drunk Kibummie is still the best

Alright then I hope I could answer most if not all of your questions. If there is still somethingu ncleard on't be shy to ask~

See you next time, bye bye

*luckiest child alive T.T*