Chapter1: The Homeless Girl

Vampire Eclipse

-Jiyong pov-

 

I was watching tv at the living room. It was raining outside. How great.


“Young master, dinner is ready.” Miss Kim informed.


I slowly stood up from the sofa and headed to the dining room.


“Come and sit down. I cooked your favorite food.” Mom smiled.


I smiled back and sat next to her.


Even though we have maid to do the work, mom never forgets her role as a woman and as a mother. She cooks, clean and so on.


Dad and I are lucky to have her in our life.


After we finished our dinner, I went upstairs to my room and before I could close the door, I heard someone ringing our doorbell.


Wonder who it is?


I went to the stairs and waited to see whom it was. Mr. Kim, the butler, opened the door with mom besides him. Suddenly, I heard my mom shriek in panic. Mr. Kim quickly told his wife, Miss Kim to get him a blanket.

Not long after that, Miss Kim rushed towards them with a brown blanket. I started to get curious so I slowly walked down the stairs.

 

“Oh my child, what happen to you?” Mom said.

Child?


“Mr. Kim, what’s all the fuss?” I asked as Mr. Kim walked passed me.


“Well, there’s a poor young girl.” He answered.


“A young girl?”


“You should see her yourself young master.”


I nodded and went to the living room. There, I saw my parents with that girl. She was soaked all over. She wore a nice white dress. Her hair is long and beautiful. Her face is somewhat pale yet pretty.


“Jiyong,” My dad called out, “Come here.”


“Yes?” I asked as I walked towards them, “What happen here?”


Dad grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the window, “That poor girl is a homeless orphan. She needs a place to stay until she could find her relatives.”


“Really? Poor her but uh, why don’t she just live here with us?”


“She refused.”


Mom then approached us and said, “She’ll be sleeping in a guest room next to your room.” She looked at me.


I just nodded and continued hearing their conversation as I eyeing that girl.


She stays seated on the sofa with her heads low. Suddenly she slowly turned her heads and looked at me. Well, more like staring.


“Come and follow me to your room dear.” My mom smiled.


I looked at them as they made their way to the stairs. Hmm, all of the sudden I felt something weird about this girl. Wait a minute; I didn’t know her name yet.


I quickly walked up the stairs and asked my mom about that girl name but she didn’t wanna tell, instead she insisted me to ask her myself so that we could get to know each other.


I sighed and walked straight to my room. There’s no way I’m gonna ask her name personally.


It makes me feel awkward.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and changed into my pajamas after that. I turned off the light and before I could close my eyes, I could feel someone’s presence in my room and to my surprised, it was that girl.


“What are you doing here?” I startled.


“Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you.” She said while turning on the light.


“Then why are you here in my room? Are you trying to me?”


“Don’t be silly,” She smirked, “I’m just checking on you.” She walked towards the windows and closed the curtains.


“Why checking on me?” I raised my brow.


“To make sure that you’re safe.”


“Safe? Why? I’m already am safe.”


“You are safe for now on,” She turned around to face me, “Go to sleep now.”


“What do you mean? Are you trying to scare me?” I raised my brow as I covered my body with my blanket.


Man this girl is kinda scary.


“Just go to sleep.” She turned off the light and walked towards the door.


Damn, I forgot to ask her name again. Oh well.


As I was about to closed my eyes, I heard something weird outside near the windows. I slowly get off of bed and walked towards the windows to find out what it is.


Before I could reach for the curtains, I was pulled all of the sudden and was pinned on the bed.


And to my surprised again, it was that weird girl.


“Don’t go near the windows.” She warned.


“Why? How come you get in here so fast and how do you know that I was going-”


“Just don’t go near the windows or I kill you.” She cut me as she tightened her gripped on my wrists.


“Okay-okay I won’t.” I winced in pain.


“Good, now go to sleep.”


“Wait,” I stopped her by the door, “May I know your name?”


“Well, what’s your name?”


“Jiyong, 17. You?”


“Sandara, just call me Dara. 19. Now go to sleep.” She closed the door.


Dara huh? Nice name. Oh well, I should be going to bed soon or she might kill me for real.


But something still bugs me. What is that weird sound that I’ve just heard and how come she knows that I was about to check on it? Not to mention how she get into my room so fast without me noticing?


Huh whatever, I might get headache if I think about this too much.


-End-