Start of war

Journey to find 'Home'

Two days later after Yunho opened the ‘gift’ from Jaejoong, Donghae already teases him. “So Mr. Ice! Have you met your special one?” Donghae asks while take a seat right beside him. It’s their morning class today and Donghae gets in earlier then usual for the sake of confirm the gossips he heard.

Yunho is reading a book, Donghae glance at it.  “Why you suddenly ask nonsense things?”. It just the matter of ‘special one’ is never crossed his mind.

“It’s not a nonsense thing. Those girls already talks about you. Well, they did it every day but today’s topic is different. They says you treated and talked to a beautiful guy”

Yunho’s mind back to yesterday when Kim Jaejoong asked him to treat him red velvet cake and macchiato. He follows Jaejoong’s game plan but just that. At least treat some cake is not hurting him. “I treat you” Yunho shrugged his shoulders, feels nothing wrong.

“It’s different. God. Are you really slow or you really has no intention to people?”

“Both” Yunho answers while fixes his eyes to his book, continue reading.

“I thought so. But I think it’s weird too.” Because he gets no attention from Yunho, he continues, “You don’t like him.” Yunho stops reading right away. He knows who Donghae talking about. “I can say you avoid him, maybe you hate him as well” Yunho looks a bit tensed “Why? You feel annoyed? So I’m right. You hate him.” Donghae smiles in victory for able to makes Yunho’s emotion appears a little. Yunho smiles in return, this time makes Donghae surprise but he also continues “I guess you have another person in you.”

“Now…now… Last time I go to psychiatrist, she told me I don’t have MPD.”

“You go to psychiatrist? I’m surprised”

“So, Donghae! Do you think me and the person I treated before are a good match?”

“No! A big no! Even the world against me, I’m not support that relationship.”

“Hahaha!” YH suddenly burst in laughter, throwing back and makes everyone in that class look at those two friends. They focus on Yunho, who looks really adorable right now. It’s a rare view for anyone to see. He is not called ‘ice prince’ for nothing, but his laugh right now can melt the sun. Yunho suppress his laughter by biting the back of his left hand, tears formed on the corner of his eyes. “Oh my God. I almost forget when the last time I laugh like that”

“I believe that”. Donghae smiles from ear to ear, happy for makes Yunho laugh, which he never sees before. “I thought you can’t laugh”

Compose his breath and managed to talks calmly again “Thank you. I really need that.” He looks his book again.

“Stop reading, will you?” Donghae wants to tears the the book now. Junsu comes in to the class running. He looks brighter than usual, and ready to makes noise more than he usually makes. “Hey! I’m not late am I? What am I missing? Why you two smile? Are you talked about me? You must have talk about me!” Junsu gives them too much question, but Donghae and Yunho only exchange looks and shakes their head in disbelief.

 

 

 

Jaejoong regularly visits the café where Yunho works at. Sometimes they make small talk, not much but they do it every day. It actually only short time but for Yunho it’s enough to gives him nightmare at night. That’s right that Jaejoong is the main trigger of his nightmare. Yunho gets nightmare for many nights; it’s more intense than before. Even never says it to Yunho, Changmin feels worried. Sometimes Changmin would find Yunho sleeping on the couch again. It will be the time for Changmin to worries the younger more. Because he can’t get proper rest and he still work, cook, and study and finish assignment.

The collective effects of all of that add with nightmare, it’s not weird to find Yunho sleeps carelessly on couch. For unexplainable reason, Changmin like to staring at sleeping Yunho, sometimes he even sneaks his finger to his face, brushing his hair and the craziest one (according to Changmin’s thought) is he almost kiss Yunho again. It only almost, not even brushed because Changmin stops when the distance between their lips is 15 cm away. Because Changmin feels it was so wrong. He has a girlfriend and he loves her so much. But memories of his first kiss (or peck) with Yunho sometimes haunts him.

 

 

 

After 2 weeks, Yunho feels it’s getting bored and annoyed and he just want to over it. He knows what Jaejoong’s wanted and he hates it so much he wants to kill the older.  “I’m bored” Yunho tells Jaejoong on his regular visit to the café. Jaejoong’s surprises with Yunho’s sudden words, but he more surprised because Yunho sits right in front of him, which he usually refuse to do. Jaejoong’s gaze still fixes to Yunho until Yunho continue his words “I say I’m bored, are you deaf? You want more than this”

Jaejoong swallows, think it is the time. “Be my lover!” he just to the point.

Just like what Yunho’s predict “Do you think love will grow under pressure?” Yunho challenge him but his expression looks lazy.

Jaejoong thinks about his answer like remembering what he has practicing every single day since he saw Yunho in the same college as him “At least… I’ll have chances to show you the new me. Let me show you myself” And I’ll make you love me.

“So what I’ve see few years ago wasn’t you? Which one is real?”

“You want me to spread those pictures?” Not a smart reply Jaejoong wants to say, he doesn’t want Yunho to feel threatened.

“Oh, blackmail?” A small pause. He has predicted this, absolutely not something he hasn’t prepared to. “Fine! We’ll see, will you able to change my mind?” Jaejoong grabs his collar at the same time Yunho grabs his hand, so strong grab, truly showing hate or maybe it’s his natural power. “What you want?” Yunho throws dagger from his eyes, a little lose his control.

Jaejoong bends, half standing “You are mine now. I may kiss you!” Jaejoong claimed Yunho’s lips, bend his upper body to reach Yunho who sits across him. He and bites Yunho’s lips hope the younger would open up and let his tongue slides in, but Yunho doesn’t react. He suppresses his anger. He feels disgust. Yunho makes a gap.

“Stop it! Let go of me Kim! I’ve things to do!” Yunho doesn’t care about the place they kissing, he just feels disgust. The reality they just kissing in public place and is very famous for the student in their college is never haunts him. Yunho doesn’t care with the gossips. Kim Jaejoong wants him to be his lover since the very beginning, even before they met in college, long before. And he knows if Kim Jaejoong wants the world to know so he will act like proper boyfriend.

“Tomorrow… let’s meet up!” Jaejoong has sits again.

“No one may disturb my weekend” Yunho looks at Jaejoong with hatred, fully shown he doesn’t like anyone disturbing his precious weekends, his secret weekend agenda that no one knows. Not even Changmin who lived with him. Yunho watch his surrounding, finally can see the shock face of everyone inside the café (because see the kissing scene). Then sigh. “Alright, I’ll spare some time. I decide when and how long we can meet up. I’ll contact you later.”

“Okay. I’ll wait for your call”, Jaejoong answers. He knows there is some dislike and hatred but he satisfied enough. Even so he still can’t stay his mind calm. He hasn’t got the younger yet, on the other people eyes maybe, but not the heart.

Yunho stands up and works again. He has expected it will end up like this when he asks Jaejoong, he just doesn’t expected that he will kiss him that soon and in public where most people knows them. He feels totally gross and hurriedly washes his mouth, the feeling doesn’t go but at least he washed away the other saliva.

 

 

Donghae saw the kissing from outside the café. He totally shocked till he stunned on his place Junsu has to pull him. Even after entering the café and Junsu greets his cousin happily, he still stunned. He can’t believe what he saw. Junsu doesn’t aware of what happen to Donghae until he saw the other guests. He hears whisper and giggles and he can’t help but ask Jaejoong “What’s wrong hyung? Something happen?”

Donghae suddenly mouthed a word “Kiss” and makes Junsu looks at him and asks “What?”. Donghae regain his consciousness and straight mind, even he feels he can’t do it well and looks at Jaejoong seriously, sharply. “I bet you have a boyfriend just now” Donghae asks Jaejoong.

Jaejoong gives both of them the best smile he can present “You’re right. Did you see it?”

“See what?”

“He kissed someone here. You date Yunho now?” Donghae answers and Junsu open his mouth tries to say something but end up mute and he resemble fish well. He doesn’t know what to say even after Jaejoong offer him to order since he treats both him and Donghae.

 

 

Donghae confronts Yunho after his shift; wait on the back of the café. “You hate him. You clearly hate him”

“I show same attitude to everybody”. Yunho sits on the stairs behind the café

“Except to me and Junsu, yeah I know but still… It’s weird. No, it’s freaking weird” Donghae gets mad by himself, feeling frustrated.

“Chill down” Since it’s not his problem.

“Don’t tell me to chill down except you’ve plan!” Donghae loudly snaps him.

Yunho put his finger to his lips. Silently asks Donghae to low his voice. “Calm, okay. It should be my problem” Don’t know why Donghae gets mad about his problem.

“Yeah, I know. It’s your problem with him.” He admits. “But I don’t like it. You are not the type who tells lies but now you dating someone you hate”

“Okay, okay. I hate him”, Yunho smiles weakly. He admit it just like that, hopes that it will calm Donghae.

“He blackmails you” Donghae guesses correctly and Yunho gazes fixed on Donghae. “So, I’m right. He blackmails you. With what?”

“Hae! Please! Let me face this by myself. It something I’ve predicted” Yunho assures him.

“Do you have any plan?”

“Not really.” And Donghae gets redder.  “I need more time to come with concrete plan” really honest statement comes with a smile, so contratry to the other face.

“You stupid” Donghae comments

“Then don’t asks me again about assignment”, shrugged.

“It’s not about it!” once again raise his voice in anger. He being serious here and Yunho throw joke. He has become frustrate because his genius friend does stupid act.

“I know, just kidding. You trust me right?”

“More than you thinking” Donghae pouted, act childishly “You know him before enter university, don’t you?”

Yunho knows Donghae only wants to hear the truth. “Am I really that easy to read for you?”

Donghae shakes his head “No. it’s not easy. But because of Jaejoong’s attitude”

“Yes, we have ‘history’.” Yunho admits “Not a good or a romantic one. And even I hate him he doesn’t feel the same. I’ll heard too confident if I say this but I guess he likes me”

“Likes? He obsessed. Tomorrow you’ll be hot news.” Donghae pulls his own hair, frustated.

“Okay, whatever” Yunho seems bored already with their talk. “Donghae, I’m fine with this. I need to face this by myself. You said you trust me.” Yunho says he need to come back to his shared apartment then Donghae cutely begging which makes Yunho almost gives up. But still, he doesn’t let him to eat with him. He just need a rest time. Cooking time without anyone asks or bickering to him.

 

 

But when he and Changmin already sits for their dinner, Yunho’s problem come back to his mind and Changmin catches him spacing out “What’s wrong?”

“Huh? No… nothing” Yunho unconsciously smiles to him, a weak smile. Changmin finds lately Yunho shows more expression and emotion, and more words too. And that weak smile, Changmin wants to comfort him so much.

“Do you drink? Want to go?” Changmin asks, his friends especially Kangin will be better with that.

“Huh? No. I’m not really drink. It gives me nightmare” Yunho refuses him with honest reason.

“It is? Um, you just turn 18 are you? You’ve drink that much?”

Yunho just remember, “I’ve drink since younger” a bit panics appears on his face.

“You do? Since when?”

“Maybe 13?”. Yunho looks at other direction, feeling a bit embarrassed. It’s all because he was allowed and sometimes forced to taste those drink by his relatives. Tasted not drank it, but he also ever want to overcome his depressed and get drunk, he regretted it after. Not only by the pain on his head when he woke up but also the nightmare it given. And he had to face his familes worried face.

“Wow” instead of judging, he show awe. But he also sees how Yunho uncomfortable with the topic. “Anyway, you have plan for tomorrow?”

Yunho relieves Changmin changes the topic, “Just like usual. I mean yes. I’ve things to do. You know… weekend jobs”

“Can’t skip once a while?”

“Why?” Yunho thinks it’s not Changmin’s problem.

“No. It is just that you work almost every day. Don’t you think you should enjoy your college year a little?” Changmin gets a smart answer in a second. He feels a bit proud by himself.

“I enjoy it.” Yunho believes nothing wrong and he completely enjoy his life.

“I mean don’t you hang out?”

“Hang out like go to amusement park or watch movie? I’m not interested of that right now. Oh, you remind me” Yunho smacks his head lightly. His expression change a little, he looks a bit annoy but clearly not because of Changmin.

“What?” he realizes he heard want to know more, so he doesn’t expect a real answer.

“I’ve an appointment with someone. You know place that a bit far from college?” Yunho doesn’t really ask Changmin because he suddenly falls in his own world; thinking and mumbling names of place he knows.

“Is it because… you have a date?” Changmin cocked his head

“I don’t think it consider a date” Yunho pouts

“If you go out with someone, it actually a date” Yunho doesn’t answer and Changmin feels a stab on his chest, he want to look at his chest to makes sure no blood running. It actually his heart feels the pain, unreasonable pain since he and Yunho are only roommate. “So, it is a date” His lips trembling a little. He should be happy, right? But no, he doesn’t want Yunho has girlfriend anymore. “So you should bring her to a romantic place” Changmin tries to sounds as normal as possible.

Yunho bite the corner of his bottom lips “I don’t think it necessary” his voice a bit upset, but then he sighs “Besides I don’t really know this city. Even after look at the map.” He looks somehow desperate. Of course Changmin doesn’t know that Yunho used to live abroad. He thinks Yunho is used to live in another town.

“You shouldn’t look at map only, take a walk and visit” Changmin swears his tone is like an order, because Yunho startled a bit and nod.

“Yeah, I should do it sometimes. But I don’t really like crowded place” Yunho sounds gives in, he doesn’t want to continue this more. He never hopes for closer relation. Roommate, that’s all.

Changmin is totally different to Junsu and Donghae. Junsu usually tried to makes him talk, and he looks cute and whining and so on. It disturbing in cute ways, and reminds him to his cousin in not so exaggerate mode. And Donghae is born to be his nature bicker; a blunt open guy who can blurt anything in his mind and makes Yunho blurts out too. They both blunt, and it seems the best way for them to communicate.

But Changmin? He always is careful with his words, picking up words very carefully. He doesn’t make cute sound or face, except when he was drunk; He is handsome, Yunho admits without any attraction, and is very polite and smart and organized. He’ll make a good worker, Yunho thinks. But it’s also weird for him because they have time of their own. Dinner is a simple things and Yunho usually skips it before he lived with Changmin. Because he doesn’t want to have problem with Changmin, Yunho let him makes dinner to be a habit for Yunho. He also realizes if he talk more than he usually did in the first month, but he can’t help it sometimes. When he talks to Changmin, he sometimes feels it will be all okay. He doesn’t interfere, thought. That’s how they respect each other.