Kiss effect

Journey to find 'Home'

When Changmin sees his friends on college, the picture of Jaejoong kissed Yunho comes back immediately. But of course he can’t ask Jaejoong about it. Even his girlfriend can’t erase that picture from his head. During lunch time, Changmin eats with his friend, Kibum and Kangin. They talked about Jaejoong who often disappeared at lunch time these few days.

“Too early to judge” says Changmin commenting on Kibum’s question.

“I think he got love sickness” Kangin says with mocking tone. “He dates lots of girl before and he never shows this kind of attitude. I mean, let mentioned it. He didn’t have lunch with us, he went home alone too” detective Kangin on duty. “He gets tidier. He looks like someone who goes on a date” Kangin looks so much excited

“But it something he always care about, appearance” Changmin reminds him

“Aish! Trust me! He falls in love. He likes girls he ever dated, but this time he really falls in love. In addition, I think he falls in love to…” Kangin doesn’t finish his line; makes Kibum and Changmin curious.

“To whom?!” Changmin can’t hold anymore.

“That ice statue?” Kibum guesses. Kangin answers with excited nods.

“Wait!” Changmin can’t believe what his friends say. “You mean he falls in love to Yunho?” Changmin mouthed the last part really slowly, but both Kangin and Kibum can read his lips. “That is ridiculous. He doesn’t shows any weird act two days ago, he doesn’t watch Yunho all time”

“Why you talk like you see Jaejoong all time? Are you jealous or what?” Kangin mocks Changmin.

“Why should I jealous? I have girlfriend”

“Right, you have girlfriend. But can you tell us. Are you dating her because you like her or because you want to have relation?” Kibum teases him

“Of course because I like her” Changmin pouts, make him looks cute and some girl giggling see him.

 

Changmin excuses himself because he needs to use restroom. He saw Jaejoong and he looks sweaty, but yeah, he looks like comes back from a date. Maybe he was chasing someone? Maybe he likes a girl? Maybe that girl is not in the same faculty? Or maybe she is he? And he is Yunho? Changmin startled by his own mental question. He still can’t accept his friend likes his roommate. But that kissed? Maybe it was just a temptation that time? Wait, why would he think about temptation? Yunho doesn’t look tempting for him, maybe just for Jaejoong.

“Hi, Changmin!” Jaejoong greets him with a weak smile.

“What’s wrong Jae? You look tired? Or… broken heart?” Changmin wants to try something, Jaejoong reaction comes very quickly.

“Yah, what are you talking about? Me? Broken heart? Get real!”

“You blushed.”

“Shut up Shim!” Jaejoong hit Changmin’s hand like when they fighting as usual. But because of Jaejoong failed to hide that blushed face, Changmin can’t help but sure that his friend falls in love, to whomever she or he is. Unconsciously, Changmin grins. “Why you smile?”

“Ah? Nothing. I think I’m happy because I never see you fall in love”

“I date more than you”

“It doesn’t prove you love them”

 

 

After the last lecture that day, Changmin decides to spy Jaejoong. But because he doesn’t prepares, he failed and losing him. Kyuhyun circled his arm on his best friend neck. “Hey, bro!”

“Kyu, why didn’t you have lunch with us?”

“Sorry, this friend of your have lots of fans” He grins, think about a girl he met during lunch time.

“Don’t make me scared”

“Let’s go home!” And Kyuhyun still wear that smile on their way home.

 

 

The next day, Changmin has prepares himself to follow Jaejoong secretly, he doesn’t tell anyone includes his friends about this. He also canceled his date. His curiosity successfully takes over his mind. He thinks if it really related to his roommates, well it maybe change his way seeing Jaejoong. It’s not too surprising when Changmin finds Jaejoong’s stop is the café where Yunho works at; but no suspicious act at all. He just sits there, order, eat, drink and after more than hour, he leaves. Not really leaving. He waits for Yunho’s end shift. Now it’s clear, he waits for Yunho. Jaejoong asks Yunho something but Changmin can’t hear.

“Changmin hyung!” a high pitch voice startled him.

“Oh, Junsu?”

“Are you spying my hyung?”

“What?” Changmin almost hides his motif if Junsu doesn’t continue quickly

“Because I’m spying him” Junsu innocently says.

 

 

Yunho leaves Jaejoong and the older one only sees him get further. After seeing this, Junsu asks Changmin to get more comfortable place to talks. However, they do the same things, whatever their reasons are.

“So, Junsu. Why did you spying your own cousin?” Changmin starts after they find a bench on a park.

“Well, few days ago, I think it 3 days ago. He asked me about ice statue. He means Yunho. The day after I saw him in my faculty; I think he just checked how Yunho looks. But after that he comes again.” There is a pause, “I think he falls in love to Yunho”

Changmin smirks “Love at first sight never last long”

“At first I think so. But my friends told me; maybe Jae hyung already knows Yunho. Because only after hear his name, he already asked and checked. It means, he want to makes sure. Well, my friend Hangkyung said that”

“No, I think your right. It is impossible if Jaejoong never know Yunho before.”

“But, Jae hyung doesn’t like man, so I don’t know”

“He always dated girl, but he ever said he liked a male before. So there is a big possibility he falls in love to Yunho”

“Mmm… So Changmin hyung, why did you spying Jae hyung?”

“Same reason. It’s Jaejoong. I want to know what kind of person who can melt his heart.” Changmin can’t tell Junsu about the scene happened in his apartment; Jaejoong kissed the sleeping Yunho. It excited and scared him at same time.

“So… maybe they have history?” Junsu looks so excited he failed to hide it.

“Maybe” He smiles in return. If he secreted this, it means not a good one.

 

 

Because he chats with Junsu, he forgets he has to cooks that night. But now, Yunho cook for their most night. When he reaches his apartment, he can smell delicious food. “Welcome home” Yunho says to him. What a weird word since it comes out his mouth. But an imagination flashes on Changmin’s eyes. Yunho smile to him and mouthed ‘Welcome home’ with a lovely tone. Wait, how come he imagines that. He shakes his head to makes that picture go away. “Are you sick?” Yunho asks.

“Totally fine” Changmin forced a smile. Yunho only shrugged and put the fish he just cooks to a plate. “Sorry, it should be my turn cooking” he apologizes

“You can leave it to me. Besides, your cook is not that good” Yunho bluntly answer

“At least I’ve try” he shows hate on Yunho’s word. Changmin realizes how Yunho usually blurted out his thought without joke. He probably is serious, but definitely he doesn’t know his question can affected others people feeling.”My mom said my cooks are okay” Changmin adds

Yunho doesn’t say anything at first. He prepares the table. “You learn that from your mom?”

“Of course. Since I live alone, I should able to cook. So do you don’t you?” Now both Changmin and Yunho already sit; facing the food.

“No” Yunho smirks “I don’t need her to teach me to cook”

“No way have you learned it by yourself”

“Of course not. But like what I’ve said. It wasn’t my mom teach me. Let’s eat.” Yunho take a spoon of rice.

“Yeah, let’s eat” They eat in peace. But Changmin’s mind voices lots of question.

 

Almost midnight, but Changmin still awake because he has to finish something. When he gets out of his room to grab a glass of water, he hears voice from Yunho’s room. Curious, he put his ears on the door, wants to get clearer voice. He hears words, clearly Yunho’s. Looks like the younger had a nightmare. Changmin hears Yunho begging; begging for someone not to get close to him; to not doing whatever Yunho’s means. And at the end of that dream, Yunho wake. His breath rushes. Realize his roommate wakes, Changmin goes back to his own room silently. Soon after Changmin goes back to his room, Yunho gets out drinking water and washing his face.

 

 

For next days, it looks like there is routine. Jaejoong disappeared and shows up on the café Yunho work at. Kyuhyun greets him with a scary smile; or at least that what Changmin feels. And Yunho gets nightmare, perhaps it the same nightmare each night.

Changmin wants to give an opportunity for Jaejoong to be able to talk to Yunho. He and Junsu think it probably because Yunho doesn’t want any relationship yet. Besides he always rejects any girls (and boys) who asks him out. Yunho said he dated girls before, but he never said he doesn’t or couldn’t like boys. Changmin need to put Yunho on a situation where he can’t avoid Jaejoong, maybe he should lock him? (Changmin doesn’t think it will work, after seeing bruise on Junsu’s hand, he knows Yunho can break any door)

But they never comes out with realistic plans. Because Yunho is busy as usual, Jaejoong disappeared as usual, and now his girlfriend likes to cling on him. He doesn’t hate it; he likes it because she is his own girlfriend. Knows that he is needed by other is makes him happy. They started kissing and makes out sometimes, but that’s all. The things that sometimes worried Changmin are because the picture when Jaejoong kissed his roommate comes when he kissed his girlfriend. Of course his girlfriend is pretty, but Yunho’s lips sometimes come to his imaginary. He thinks he might be crazy.

One night after doing his assignment on Kibum’s apartment, he goes home only to finds Yunho is already sleeping on the couch on sitting position. His lips parted a bit. And there, a time when Changmin’s swears a devil has possessed him. He walks closer to Yunho, leans his head and kisses the sleeping one. Only 3 seconds, but it becomes a 3 seconds he regrets after. After parted their lips, Changmin quickly made his way to bathroom, washes his lips; feeling something wrong with him.

When Changmin gets out of the bathroom, Yunho is still sleeping. There is a nice smell that comes from Yunho’s cook. Changmin changes his clothes before wakes Yunho up. He shakes his shoulder with one hand, soon the shakes becomes faster. Yunho wakes and in a slight second, he holds Changmin’s hand and almost twisted it. The voice “Ouch!” makes Yunho realizes what’s happen. He apologizes to Changmin who gives him a nervous smile and says “Never mind!”

Yunho washes his face, while Changmin prepares the table with the kiss just few minutes before swims on his head. It tasted good. He started thinking, maybe it is the reason why Jaejoong kissed Yunho. Maybe Jaejoong knows how it will taste; Yunho’s lips.

When Yunho gets out from bathroom, he has a towel on his head. Changmin almost can’t take his eyes from Yunho. Few drops of water fall from his wet hair. The younger eyes look a bit sleepy. His skin flawless but he can see scar that under his left eye. He probably got that from sports? And that unique heart shapes lips he kissed a while ago. Changmin shook his head to lose his crazy mind. Yunho doesn’t even look at him and just take a seat. Dinner that night has becomes a hard time for Changmin, not because the silence, but because he can’t stop thinking about the kissed and Yunho lips. He feels tingling sensation on his lips.

“I’ll do the dishes this night. You look dazed of.” Yunho’s sudden words snap Changmin to reality.

“It should be my turn” Changmin managed to answers without stuttering.

“It’s good for me. The more tire I am, the better I sleep” Yunho says. Changmin remembers about Yunho’s nightmare. The younger still doesn’t know that Changmin watched him having nightmare for a couple days. And so he act like he doesn’t know.

“I’ll do that. You already sleep on couch. You are tired.” Changmin says in stern voice, clearly doesn’t want the younger to disobey him. Yunho looks at Changmin’s eyes. Their gaze meets and gives a skip on Changmin’s heart beat, while Yunho doesn’t feel anything.

“Okay. Thanks.” Yunho looks tired and he doesn’t want to argue more.