The psychiatrist

Journey to find 'Home'

Weekend. Who doesn’t like to stay in bed longer? Changmin likes it, quite a lot, though today he decides to wake up earlier. He makes his way to bathroom then makes coffee and finds Yunho already dressed up in a different way like he usually did. Not completely different, since he likes to dress up casually and comfortably, jeans, shirt and sometimes jacket. But when its weekend, he seems to have special clothes; t-shirt, ripped jeans, jacket. He also adds glasses or sunglasses and also hat or cap. Sometimes scarf too and he looks different, not that it reduces his already good look, he looks good in every way he dresses up. It’s only different.

“You’re so early” Changmin comments when he sees Yunho.

“Mm” Yunho only voices boring states like it just a usual things for him, it does. Yunho always wakes earlier than Changmin. Changmin only wants to have smalls chat anyway, there’s no really point for that. “Breakfast?” Changmin asks again.

Yunho slings his messenger bag, which is different than the one he always brings to campus. “I’ve coffee”

“You like to starve yourself” Changmin says, half mocking. He wishes he didn’t say it.

“I’m not hungry. You’ve plan today?” Yunho seems not effected by that and still gives calm answer.

“I’ll go to gym and hang out with Yoona” Yunho rarely asks his plan and Changmin really appreciate it even if it only for sake of politeness.

“I’ll go back at night, I’m not sure with exact time so will you go grab dinner for yourself?” Changmin’s force to makes Yunho has dinner has makes Yunho worried if he makes the older mad because of dinner. He is afraid about the older dinner too. Yunho’s concern gives Changmin a surprised. It was, however, a very kind of Yunho which rarely shown in words.

“I can cook too” Maybe Yunho has forgotten that it was Changmin cooks for them in first few weeks they start live together.

“I can bring something if you want. Chicken wing, you like it?” Yunho feels bad.

“It’ll be your burden”

“No, it’s not. Just hope I can remember it” Yunho adds reminder on his phone “spicy, yeah?”

“I always like hot food. But I’m okay with anything.”

“Okay. See you!” Changmin waves his hand and gives a smile to Yunho but Yunho doesn’t return it and only put on his weekend shoes. He leaves the apartment and goes to the opposite way from his usual way to campus. Changmin sees Yunho from window, there is sort of irrational jealous feeling. Changmin leans on the wall and exhale heavily, he still can’t let go of that stab feeling in his chest but at the same time, he also thinking why he feels that. He need distraction, and is very soon he calls Kibum to ask him accompany him to gym, where he worked out like crazy.

 

 

Kyuhyun also comes to gym and asks Kibum what’s wrong with Changmin. Kibum only shrugs. “I almost ask him about the rumor I heard yesterday, but I doubt I can get answers” Kibum says as they watch Changmin.

“What rumor?” Kyuhyun also looks at Changmin while asking. His hands crossed in front of his chest.

“Jaejoong” Kibum know it won’t spread that fast because it happened at Friday afternoon when everyone seems to be busy thinking their own weekend. He even doubts that Changmin will know about it, since he knows what Changmin usually do at noon and night, assignment and he also prepare to see his professor. His roommate also wouldn’t announce something like that.

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes, after know Jaejoong for so long, it shouldn’t be a surprise anymore. “Why should I care about that playboy? If he changes girls again, it’s old news”

“Right, except it’s not a girl this time. And they already kissing in café”

“They what?” Kyuhyun makes weird face which shows disbelief and sort of disgust “How the hell they do such a shameful things?”

“You mean shameful because they do it in a casual public area where little kids can see? Yes. But I doubt they want to do it there. I just know that Jaejoong can be aggressive” He talks like he ever witnesses something worse.

“Jaejoong kissed him first? Then his boyfriend is no different, let Jaejoong kissed him” No matter how he thinks it was inapropiate, he still sides his friend. “So why you want to asks Changmin about it?  He’s almost too busy for anything. And if you think kissing in public is not the main point, what’s then?” He easily loses patience these days.

“Yesterday is the day they officially dating, kissing in the first day? Jaejoong must have no patience. But then I think if it’s Yunho, it must be very hard to restrain, right? Self control, girls and guys must be imagining it”

Only a very short pause. “Yunho? Wait! That cold little kid?”

“FYI, even he has an extremely cold appearance; he actually is so humble and has most fans”

“Thanks for that useless trash”

“You dislike him, don’t you? One of few peoples who dislike that guy, and this case I think it jealousy?” Kibum pretends thinking so hard

“Why should I?” Kyuhyun snorts

“Because he lives with your best friend” Kibum whisper “Spent more time than you. You shouldn’t worry about it. They don’t have much time together in same room, I even doubt they have the time, since Yunho is really busy and now he has boyfriend which is our friend. So? What are you afraid of?” He smiles to Kyuhyun.

“Nothing!” Kyuhyun leaves Kibum to works out. And Kibum smiles in victory, successfully teases Kyuhyun. He wants to laugh badly for his win towards the king of sharp tongue, but he holds it.

 

 

Around lunch time, Junsu feels tired to see his cousin. Jaejoong still hesitates about what clothes he should wear on his first date. “Hyung, you look good in anything. And you’ve try almost all of your clothes” Junsu comments, he has bored with his cousins attitude

“But don’t you think I’ll look fat with this?”

“Hyung, it’s only lunch! You’ll get late if you only think about your outfit”

“Junsu! It’s important. I want to impress him” Jaejoong looks like a school girl going to her first date.

“You get him, for God sake. There are a lots of university students hitting on him and he choose you. You already impress him”

Jaejoong’s face change suddenly, he looks a bit sad but Junsu misses this. Jaejoong knows well that he didn’t impress Yunho. The matter of fact is he blackmailed Yunho to become his boyfriend.  Junsu doesn’t know this and Jaejoong’s believes if he knows this truth, his cousins will mad at him. Yunho is his friend and it looks that Junsu likes to cling (to the point it’s annoying) on Yunho even he is too cold. And Jaejoong knows that Yunho is so kind to Junsu.

Jaejoong has made promise to himself that he’ll show Yunho that he loves him, and he still loves him even Yunho hates him. That ‘bad history’ is something that he wants to fix. He is also unsure how long it will take. He doesn’t want to try only, he almost 100% sure he’ll get the younger hearts.

 

 

Meanwhile, somewhere in the middle of the city, a young man in the bad mood is facing a beautiful woman who is much more mature than him. He eyeing her but the woman only takes a sip of his tea with so much elegant way. This woman has comes to his workplace with a smile plastered on her face, Yunho thinks it must be part of her way to disturbing him. She practically pulls Yunho from his workplace. Not exactly pulls, it’s more that Yunho has no choice but to deal with this woman before continuing his job. And he really hates that it’s important to see this woman and gives her what she want because he knows who sends her.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Yunho asks the woman with obvious dislike, she’s not Korean by her look.

“Holiday?” She answers but adds because Yunho is not going to buy it. Yunho is giving her a very sharp glare, she feels scare a bit but hide it. “To see you. Let’s start?” She takes a notebook and pen. Yunho clearly doesn’t like the idea.

“I thought consultation should be doing in private not in public place like this.” He leans on his chair, searching for more comfort position.

“No one would hear us. This place is far from crowd. Besides, who talks in French?” She smiles to him. Yunho looks at his surroundings. She picks this place, or more likely the person sends her here picked the place. It’s not kind of restaurant where he worked at; it’s an expensive one where executives would visit and there is no college student here, except him. They’re in corner, reserved tables around. Who gonna hear? Still he hates her sudden appearance. Yunho doesn’t answer her yet but she already asks. “How you doing?”

“Bad.” He lazily answers because she appears here all of sudden; flight from France to see him only. Yunho is resting his cheek on his knuckle.

“I heard you overwork.”

“I’m not. It’s been reduce much than my daily basis before get here.” he means before he moved. “I only work 2 days a week”

“You don’t count your work in café and college things. Don’t try to fool me.”

 “It doesn’t count as work.” Yunho says, quite persistent with it. “You said work on café near college and become a college student will be good for me to be able facing peoples. So it’s not considered as working.”

She pushes aside to correct that sentence instead she asked about how it worked. “And how is it?”

Yunho silent a little, the woman stay patience. She knows him better. “It’s not good. First few weeks were really torturing. With all of that stares, glances, talks I feel to run and vomiting. I’m pretty used to it now. I can ignore those since it’s not the first time. I’ve done few jobs before but compare those, this one worse.” And no one he knows to hold.

“They go far? Your customer” She is afraid if Yunho got hurt too.

“They ask for my number, give something, ask to go out, and request me to serve them. Waiter at a café is practically surrounds by customer. Not all of them can behave.” Especially the one kissed him yesterday. When he reminds that, he wants to wash his mouth again. “Gladly I didn’t pick bar” because he ever put in on his part-time carrier list.

“You heard quite famous but can handle them well. How about another crazy decision you made? About you lived with stranger” He never feels comfortable with stranger so when she knows Yunho lived with stranger (just Yunho and his roommate) she can’t stop worrying him.

“Remind me that I’m not in good mental health when I decided it!” Yunho stops. “It’s fine. Because we’re trying not cross the line, so it’s fine between my roommate and me.”

“So no conflict?” she feels relieve.

“Between us? No. I know it’s from my own paranoia. I was wanted to leave soon. But… nothing happened. He’s fine, so far. He’s in third year and I heard he wants to graduate next year. We both busy so rarely meet.” He is not going to tell her that few incidents have happened. Especially the night he slept with Changmin, this woman will get heart attack.

“I was worried for all of the things you take at same time. That’s a huge jump.” There is a small pause.”You have bags under your eyes. Tired?”

“You won’t give me pills” Yunho touches his coffee mug. He tries to reduce his coffee dosage these days.

She doesn’t want Yunho depends on pills. But it’s long time since last time he asks for that thing. “Insomnia?” She guesses.

“Not really. I sleep, but not long after I wake. I guess it’s not related to my roommate presence.” Because he remembers he was sleep with him, once, without nightmare.

“Nightmare? It comes again?” She frowns, because she know it’s rarely comes before Yunho gets in to college although she doesn’t know what kind of nightmare is it. Yunho didn’t tell her, still she is not going to blame him. “It’s here? The cause?” She looks more concern.

“Who suggested me to face it? I’m facing it okay? I’ve done a year research to find ‘it’. Collects data and such! I even find a roommate! And other things you said about facing the problem. Damn it!” Yunho pissed off. Moreover because he can’t shows his anger near college. He can hear the woman smile.

“And you still able to mad at me. Good sign.” She pauses “So you done research without anyone find out? Even find roommate? You didn’t pick him randomly?” now she looks surprised.

Yunho throws a boring look. “I wouldn’t come this far without preparation. I’m facing it but not too sudden. There is some time till ‘it’ finds me. When ‘it’ realized I’m this close, at least I’ve settled a bit. And yes, I didn’t pick him randomly.” He knows Changmin is Jaejoong’s close friend. So Jaejoong would find him soon or later. Not just that, he also knows about Kibum, Kyuhyun, Kangin and even Yoona. Although he never predicted she will be his roommate’s girlfriend

“But how you made him agree to share apartment with you?” Because it almost impossible, except if that stranger put advertisement on newspaper that he need someone to join rent. And even that’s really did happened, Changmin can rejected him and picked someone more cheerful.

“My biological mother’s foster father.” Yunho says it a little slowly, careful if he slipped and make it meaning wrong way. “Lee grandfather. I requested him to find way to know my roommate’s grandfather. It’s started last year that he becomes his friends. I even make him move. He couldn’t refuse my request. He thought what happened with me 5 years ago when I lived with him was his faults too. Even he doesn’t know what was going on. Besides, Jung grandfather can be scary to peoples. He must be threatening Lee grandfather.” He sounds so calm but his explanation has shown how much he prepared this.

She looks at him in awe. “At first I thought you go to that college because it’s in Korea. I’m wrong. It’s not about the country but there is particular person. So you face this person now?” When did this fragile kid become this strong? She doesn’t remember.

“Face to face.” He mouthed it clear and surprisingly calm. Yunho never tell what’s going on 5 years ago. She can guess what happened, roughly.

“You are not running away this time. Therapy sessions, hypnosis, journal; you said it doesn’t work. I’m glad you face it” Yunho just stay quite. His psychiatrist knows well what he has faced to get rid of it. Nothing really worked. “Anything work not according to your plan?”

“I just planned to face it! I make the rest like a manual so I can change plan. Flexible. But there is something I missed, yes” Lee Donghae. He searched about him after he thought they’re too close. Ends up found something unpredictable. Not bad, but surprising. He knows who to trust, in case he needs it.

“So I guess I will wait to hear your progress”

Yunho changes the topic, their consultation session has end “Mom sends you here?”

“Yes. I wanted to see you too. It’s already 9 months since last time we done consultation. Last time you almost killed me” Yunho was practice throws dagger that time and almost get her. He wasn’t looks guilty. It was however her faults for coming without appointment.

“Tell her I’m fine!” He orders.

“I’ll tell her you doing great”

“How’s my cousin?” He misses them, especially the older one.

“He come to me after you landed here, asking about what your plan here. I’ve told him I don’t know what you planned. I didn’t. It’s not something I’ve imagine before. He just as stubborn as you. Even threatened he would send me to Tristan da Cunha if there is something happen to you”

Yunho smirks. “He won’t do it for real. You have a daughter.” Yunho is thinking for a moment. “Except your ex husband get her”

“I won in the court.”

“Why you always choose wrong guy?”

“You don’t know my love journey.”

Yunho looks lost; his eyes unfocused to particular thing. “Really? Then… what about Korean guy you dated years ago?”

“What Korean?” She snorts but a second after looks like she saw a horror. There was only one Korean he dated before, but it was long time ago. Yunho tilts his head, looks at the woman in innocent way. Waiting for confirmacy. “How you know that?” she heard a bit shaking. Yunho shouldn’t remember it.

“I remembered it. About 5 years ago the memories were come to my head like bullet shot.” Yunho uses his hand to mimicking a gun and point it to his head.  “I just didn’t tell you. Why? Any problem?” his voice is not threatened. He knows exact time the memories came. It was when he harassed by someone he saw as older brother.

She swallows, her face looks guilty and sweats starts form on her forehead. “You remembered all?” Now it explained some things on Yunho’s health record. He lost his memories when he was child. She feels stupid all of sudden, the things happened 5 years ago should be a trigger to get that bed memories back. That’s why Yunho suddenly changed his behavior.

“Every single thing. But what happened after that I still can’t sure. I lost my self.” Yunho doesn’t give her judging look, but she can’t stop feeling uneasy.

 

After silent covers them pretty long, a 6 years old girl comes to their table. She has a nice blond hair. “Mommy, can I have Yuno as my father”. Yunho chuckles. “You don’t want to be my father?” She asks Yunho. Her daughter likes him more than she likes her own father.

“I like to. But your mother won’t like it.” He pats the little girl’s head.

“You’ll accompany us?”

“Sorry, I can’t”

“Working again?” The little girl is whining, hopes that Yunho will go with her. Her mother is also eyeing him, still with scared eyes.

“See… You don’t like father who always work.” But he is not going to work after this consultation. He is going to date with his new boyfriend.