Cheating

Journey to find 'Home'

Yunho sleeps on his seat. His hands folded on the table and his head just above them. He wakes up abruptly by a sudden call. Sukjin looks at him with worry. “You better sleep again”. Yunho looks at his phone with sleepy eyes, grabs his already cold coffee.

“No need.” Yunho let the call till it stops and a messages comes in. He reads it, it obviously from his boyfriend, asks if they can go for a date.

“It’s enough Yunho. You work too much and even lacks of sleeping”

Yunho ignores him and stretch his body. “I just can’t sleep last night.” Yunho is not in a good mood and if that’s happen; Sukjin can’t do anything. Almost no one can disturb him in this state. Almost. He text Jaejoong for not disturbing him and tell him they can have some coffee tomorrow. Right, only yesterday Jaejoong is freak out like Yunho leaves him, well, he wants to. So it’s not suspicious if Jaejoong checks him like this, text and call is not too much. And Yunho thinks by giving his boyfriend a short date time, it won’t hurt much thought he hate it. A reply from Jaejoong ‘I love you’ and Yunho just ignores it.

And then from his phone screen, he sees he sees a reminder “Skype” he says in rather hoarse voice.

 

“Morning tiger-baby?” It’s his Mom speaking from their kitchen. They communicate through web cam now. Yunho put reminder for that or his mother will be angry; can’t blame her.

“Mom… It’s 5 pm here”

“And it’s 9 am here. You look just wake up, what’s the different?”

“I am just wke up. Sorry. I’ll wash up”

“No that’s okay!” She doesn’t want her son disappears from screen now.

“Breakfast for you honey” His father comes in the screen with a plate of croissants and fruits. He kisses his wife in front of web cam, which Yunho witnesses. Yunho is not protesting. It is just a casual sight. Even if he is in the same room with them, they will not stop their fluff act. It becomes natural for him and his twin to learn how to sweet act, not that they like to act sweet but Yunho proofs it really usefull to face Jaejoong. They witness it almost everyday in their life. His father also ever teached him how to prevent his mother from mad, simply kiss her. But Yunho and his cousin complained by saying it would only work if his father does it. And his father continue by saying that what they should do to their ‘half’ in the future.

Sadly, Yunho did it to someone that he believing not his mate, just a boyfriend. It worked. Besides, how come he would slap Jaejoong the night before in his apartment? There was Changmin and even he has closed the door, the voice still escaping. He still remembers moans escapes from Changmin’s room when he just comes home. He could guess that Changmin and his girlfriend were making out.

Yunho is not stops his parents until they remember about their older twin son. “So, baby. Where do you want to go for holidays?”

He knows he can’t really choose it “If I may choose, here. Korea.” He has plenty of work.

The woman answers without regret tone. “Sadly you can’t.”

“Okay.” He is not going to argue. He has deal with them. “Can I go to circus?”

His father feeding mango to his mom. “Only to watch. Not as part timer there. Even we know how you throw dagger. No dangerous act okay? Your Mom really worries”

Yunho shows a disappointed expression. It’s been long time since last time he saw his teacher who originally is a circus performer. There is a thrilling sensation he misses when he becomes a throw-dagger target. “Shooting is not dangerous” He suggests.

“Thinking another activity that not looks like practicing alone! It’s family trip!”

Yunho is thinking, but can’t find any holiday activity which his parents will agree. He’s thinking about climbing Cartenz. “Uh… So… where will we spend our holidays?”

“We can go to Hongkong”

“Yeah right… I don’t want to go there now because that excentric cousin from Hongkong was come to my workplace. It’s against the rules”

“Do you know? He asked us to talk to his parents so he doesn’t have to study in Canada next year”

Yunho doesn’t predict his cousin would call them “I told uncle to do that”

There is no surprise on his parents face, they already know since they called his brother in law about sending Yunho’s cousin to Canada. “Mmm… our baby is really cruel”

“We have seen the sign since he was 5 years old. It shouldn’t be surprise anymore” His Dad says it casually which make Yunho frowns.

“What I’ve done?” He asks.

“You make your brother cry” Yunho doesn’t remember that.

Still, Yunho doesn’t get it, because hey, he and his ‘twin’ are boys. It’s normal if some accident happened. “And that’s beyond normal?”

The parents look at him. “Our clueless baby… You are a good big brother; just that you ever make him cry because of Halloween.”

His Dad adds “You were more like Lex Luthor in tiger outfit.”

Yunho agrees. “Personally I prefer become evil-genius rather than super hero”

His parents are blinking their eyes. “I know that” His father finally answers. “You don’t go back to your apartment? Not preparing for dinner?” Of course the parents know what time is it in Seoul. Yunho works too much.

“I’ll have dinner outside”

“With Jung grandfather again? It’s not good. I’ll tell him that he doesn’t need to keep you for dinner everyweek” His mother is not really appreciating it because she and her husband prefer Yunho to have dinner with his roommate, who knows he will be more than just roommate someday? His parents are just hoping.

“No. I’ll have it with my roommate.” And silence. His mom drops the fork. “What?!” Yunho asks them because he feels nothing’s wrong.

But then from the screen he can see his two beloved people are now looks so happy, smiles and chuckles. “Our son is going on a date” She hugs the man besides him.

Hearing that, Yunho brows raised. “It’s not a date. I just get voucher. It’s easier to treat than cooks”

“It’s not a date? But why? I thought he goes well with you” She is so happy to hear this.

Yunho rolls his eyes “That’s what you keep saying after see anyone tries to get close to me.”

So the father joins “But he’s a good person right?”

“This far, yes”

“Listen Yunho baby, you need to find someone”

“And I’m not interested at all!”

 

 

Dinner. At restaurant. With Yunho… Damn! It shouldn’t be so confusing. It’s not a date. He just needs to look casual. Skinny jeans, t-shirt, sweater and sneaker should be casual enough. He also brings a book with him.

He remembers Yunho leaves apartment wears a long sleeves t shirt and jeans. But he glads because Yunho changes his outfit. Jeans, white tshirt and he drape his jacket on his hand. And wait, since when Yunho has that pair of army shoes? He seems to be busy texting. Busy boy. He sees Changmin. “Am I late?” he asks his roommate.

“Just in time. You keep some clothes on your workplace?”

“Huh? Oh, yes” He knows he shouldn’t change his clothes but he has no choice, his mother tells him about look apropiate for dinner.

Yunho smells nice and fresh. He just bathed. Changmin lips make small curve. May this means he isn’t the only one put a little too much effort for dinner between roommates. “Why changing?”

“Dirty and sweaty. Excuse me, I’ve make reservation before. By the name of Ck…” Yunho makes sounds like choking on something. “Jung Yunho” He almost saying his cousin’s family name.

“Please follow me” She smiles. They seated near the wall. Like what Yunho wants, not in the middle. And just like what Yunho said to Changmin earlier, this restaurant seems famous. “Please call me for order”

“Thanks” Changmin smiles. “So? How about the voucher limit?” Yunho looks at him a bit startled.

“Portion of two. And I’ll tell you if we close to limit”

“Okay. Any suggestion?”

“Sukiyaki. Or nabe. Or curry.”

Changmin looks at menu, and finds something interesting. Yunho looks at his face and raised his hand; call the waiter. He knows Changmin already finds what he want “We want to order” The waiter comes

“Can I order curry-nabe? It’s portion for two, right? And beer” Changmin says.”How about tebasaki? Is it chicken wings?”

“Yes. Ah? I want ocha.”

“Can you make it hottest!”

Yunho winced a bit, he is anticipate that hottest level of chicken wing “And can we get extra udon?” still able to order with calm tone.

“Sure.” The waiter smiles.

 

“Was that kind of noodle?” Changmin asks Yunho after the waiter left. He revers to udon.

“Oh? You know it? It’ll go well with curry.” Seeing hesitate on Changmin’s face, he continues. “I promise. You won’t regret it”

Yunho won’t trick him at all. He has too many chances to tricks him during dinner. But never once he did it. He is too kind for doing thing like that. “So?” Changmin start, he is a bit nervous to ask this. “What if Jaejoong find out?”

“Find out what?”

“That we have dinner together. You are not treating him for dinner.” Changmin is so nervous now, especially when Yunho only response with tilting his head to the side, he doesn’t get it yet. “It looks like we… cheating” he says the last word slowly.

Yunho straighten his neck. “Oh?” He looks just realize something. “So you were thinking about it?” He continues after thinking for a while. “So I may not ask my roommate for dinner? Because I have boyfriend? Why? You also have girlfriend but you don’t seem burdened by that.” Yunho doesn’t means to challenges Changmin at all, but it really sounds like a challenges.

Right, Shim! How come you forget you have a girlfriend?

“Because you invite me, not otherwise”

Yunho looks thinking again. “So if you ask me for dinner outside, I have to refuse it so that your girlfriend won’t jealous? Then, what about our usual dinner at apartment? Should we stop it too? I don’t know it makes your girlfriend jealous”

It’s not only Yoona jealous, it also jaejoong but Yunho is too clueless about it. He doesn’t realize it at all. But Changmin knows. He knows his friend is so jealous, and act a bit differently than before he lived with Yunho. Changmin almost screams NO. Almost. He regains his composure successfully “We don’t need to stop that. We already have dinner together even before I have girlfriend and before you dated Jaejoong.”

“You think so? I thought it something they have to respect. Like some kind of routine in our life.” Yunho smiles. Luckily the waiter comes and the topic can change. Changmin feels relieve, talking about dinner which should be feels like cheating.

“But will you accept my invitation if I ask you go out for dinner?”

Yunho touches his lips with his hand, thinking. “Why not?”

 

After finish eating, Changmin is writing on his book. Yunho shamelessly peeks on Changmin’s writing. “What’s that?” he asks.

“I always write about food on restaurant.” He answers with the eye still boring on his book, he missed Yunho’s eyes are focusing on him now.

“And just that? You take note and that’s all?”

Changmin looks up and surprised by the fact that Yunho looks him intensly. “I put them on my blog. Don’t know why but I like to write it down first”

“May I see?” Changmin passes his book and Yunho flips the pages. He stops few times on pages which he thinks are interesting. Changmin hasn’t finish writing for the last meal. “So? How about the chicken wings?”

“It’s addictive” Hearing this Yunho is winces and smiles after. This roommate really can bear spicy food. He was also able to bear that; barely. Lately he can tolerate spicy food better. “Do you know? The waiter told me that peoples usually regret after order level 5. It’s too spicy.”

“And you say that after you eat it?”

Yunho lost his words. “I can barely make it okay? Here. Finish writing!”

It’s a nice dinner for Changmin. He knows Yunho have trouble on finishing his chicken wing. He saw his roommate sweating but still insisted to finish his meal. It’s pretty entertaining. And when they get out, there’s already taxi. Changmin suspects Yunho calls the taxi before.

 

 

 

The next day in the café, Donghae is approaching Yunho with a weird smile plastering on his face. “Seriously Hae! You act so weird today.” Yunho wrinkles

Donghae just looks innocent, but it just makes him more suspicious “Why you say that?”

“You keep smiling all day, it doesn’t feel right”

He doesn’t comment on that and says something else in return “Mr. Jung! Treat me!” Yunho feels like he misheard it. “Junsu too…” he added

Yunho frowns “And… why is it?”

And needs a couples seconds before Donghae answers “Because I’m genius”

By the smile plastered on Donghae’s face, Yunho can only think about one thing “Are you courting someone?”

“No… just treat us!”

“It’s… the third times this month?” He tries to recall how many times he treated them.

“4th…” Donghae corrected

“Uh… And not includes free voucher at that Japanese restaurant. Shameless you” He has no hesitate to throw it to Donghae.

He blocks Yunho from trying to takes dirty cups from the table “Hey. This and that are totally different. It’s worth it! I promise”

Yunho shoves him aside. “Really? What is it Donghae? You hide something” like Yunho can see inside his soul.

“What? What can it be?” Donghae looks puzzled by himself which only rise more suspicious.

“You think I don’t realize you hide something?” He takes the cups and stuffed them to his tray.

“Well… then find it out by yourself!” Donghae challenges the taller.

Yunho says his answer calm and slow. “I don’t need to treat you” He is claning the table.

“You can’t do that! Of course you have to treat us”

“I can” now Yunho’s turn to challenge. He passes the tray to his friends in the back.

“Just… think this as goodwill to your friends?” facing someone so stubborn like this, Donghae need to lower a bit.

“I’ve done it four times this month”

“A reward for us? Part for the jackpot you got?” it only nonsense suggestion which no one would take.

“What you’ve done, seriously? And I didn’t win anything. I didn’t even buy lottery”

Donghae sigh at same time Jaejoong comes in to the café. That time Yunho can see a hint on the changing expression on Donghae face, like startled of something.  “Did you do something to my baby?” Yunho asks Donghae suspiciously. At first, Donghae feels like he has caught up, but then he answers in mocking tone “Now you call him your baby? How disgusting!”

“Right… I want to wash my mouth right now” Yunho agrees and that’s make Donghae happy.

Both Yunho and Donghae smirk in understanding. “Ah, so you better get back to your act” Donghae suggest thought without that, Yunho will act sweet in less than one minute.

“Wait there and I’ll come soon to get your order. My treat.”

“Yeah!” Donghae almost shouts in victory “Thanks bro!”

 

 

Yunho greets Jaejoong. His mind is actually still processing every possibility that related to Donghae and Jaejoong. He finds dead end only. White flag. Give up. “Hey? Wants some coffee?”

“Can’t you just sit with me?” Jaejoong tries to put on his best puppy eyes, Donghae want to puke badly. Donghae understands that Yunho only fake his sweet side. But he doesn’t understand how Yunho stand to act like this. Like he can never really tire.

“I’m working right now, can’t you see?” Yunho looks tired with the same question Jaejoong asks whenever he come to that café. But not like usual, Yunho answer makes him smile. He sure Yunho doesn’t know anything happened two days before. The cold waiter doesn’t miss that smile on his boyfriend. A relieve smile, he sure.

And three tables on his left, Donghae hides his face, he is the master mind of that plan and he doesn’t want to be caught smiling. Junsu comes after good 7 minutes and he almost get heart attack when he sees Jaejoong in the same place. He already feels caught up. Donghae notices and wave his hand to him, silently asks him to joins him faster.  Junsu almost stumbles for not see his way.

 

 

“What’s wrong with you? You live in the same apartment right?” Donghae snaps him.

“I didn’t see him at same time with Yunho. And now?” Junsu steal a glance to Jaejoong seat, Yunho serves his boyfriend a cake ang hot chocolate.

“You should learn from Yunho”

Sure Junsu has see double side of Yunho when he facing his cousin. “Is he really faking that act? It’s too real for me”

“That’s why I ask you to learn from him.” He gives pressure on each word “He really good actor”

Junsu stays quiet for a moment, there is one thing that bugging him from the night before, he even hardly sleep. “Then… how should we tell Yunho about what we’ve done? Don’t you think he’ll angry to us because we… you know… see that?” Junsu doesn’t use words that might be too clear; Jaejoong is in the same room.

Donghae doesn’t surprise. “I also think about that earlier. He might be angry to us, yes. But don’t you think he’ll thank us too? We save him”

“I’m afraid he angry to us. He never angry before and it makes him scarier.”

“Because we never know what will he look when he angry? My suggestion… just face it!”

“It’s not that easy”

“Sure it’s not.” Donghae agrees. The only thing he didn’t calculate when he arrange this plan is how he will tell Yunho about it. Like there is no other creepy thing.

 

 

 

It’s Sunday again and Changmin hears weird sounds, makes him wake up. When he opens his room door, he sees Yunho and Jaejoong removes boxes from Yunho’s room. “What?” Changmin asks; his voice hoarse.

“I’m going to live with Jaejoong from now on”

Changmin eyes gets wider. Yunho mention nothing this whole week. He is shocked by that and can only freeze on his spot. There is something keep his feet from stepping. But when Yunho and Jaejoong leave the apartment and right, when the door closed, he wakes. Wake up for real.

 

Reality comes in his head pretty quick. It was only dream. He is still in his bed, sitting now and he can feel cold sweat. Nightmare. He relieves. What if it really happened when he open his door? Because he hears unusual sounds now, and yells. He stands up in light speed and opens the door; where he finds Yunho, makes coffee for himself. “You’ve wake up. Want some coffee?”

“That would be nice” Changmin can feel cold sweat still flowing. “I heard sounds just now”

Yunho shows bitter smile. “Sora. She came to say thank you for disturbing us last week. She brought us some food.”

Changmin minds drift on last week, the same day he have dinner with Yunho. In the morning there is a girl who begged Yunho to make lunch box for her boyfriend. And he never sees Yunho looked upset like that. Yunho cooked for her after she begged and after she promised she will take cooking class. From what Changmin heard from Yunho-Sora conversation, he sure that Sora is Yunho’s childhood friend and must be close to him too or not Yunho would not yell to her like that.

“She is not staying longer?” Changmin wasn’t seeing Sora’s face clearly, she wore scarf and glasses and also hat. Also Yunho seems to avoid Sora to have contact with Changmin, except saying ‘hello’.

“Nope.” It’s against the rule of not seeing Yunho antwhere near college and apartment. Sora has broken it three times. Of course Changmin doesn’t know this deal. Yunho not even let Sora step her feet to his apartment. He just yelled to Sora, took Sora belonging, knock his head then closed the door loudly in front of her nose. He wanted to punish Sora, but if he does it now, Sora probably won’t marry forever. Yunho examines his face probably too long before asking “Are you sick?”

“Nightmare. What do you cook?” He doesn’t want Yunho knows he get bother by it.

“Corned beef in toast and salad. I can cook egg if you want” his cousin likes it with egg and cheese, so in case, he asks.

It’s plenty of work, so Changmin asks Yunho back. “You’re not late for your work?”

Yunho smiles “You don’t realize how early you wake up?”

Changmin looks at the owl clock hanging on the kitchen, his sister gave it to him. “How come you can work early and don’t look sleepy?”

“Habit.”

Changmin gets in to bathroom, he feels relieved because he sees Yunho. His Yunho is still lives with him, cooking breakfast, something that even Jaejoong never tastes. Wait! His Yunho? How come he claimed Yunho as his? Yunho is not his. They just roommate and he already has Yoona, right? Yoona?

You may not cheating, Shim! He tells himself. But just a second after he says that, his memories of last couple weeks are slaps him. Marathon, dinner, rooftop… what’s that? He has cheating. He has made his move to get close to Yunho. He just keeps deny it but the fact is he enjoyed that. Even forget that he already has girlfriend. Finally, the thing he worried the most has happen. He is in love with Yunho. A crazy conclusion which feels so right. He needs to forget Yunho for Yoona, right? Yoona does nothing wrong and he loves someone else? But why when he with Yoona, he feels he is cheating from Yunho.

Yunho knocks the bathroom door, makes Changmin almost jumped from his skin. “Yes?” he open the door all of sudden, his face wets. He is afraid if Yunho can hear his thumping heartbeat.

“You want to eat now?” Yunho is going to have breakfast with Changmin, remembering the time when he gets caught not eating in the morning. He would be able to escapes from breakfast if Changmin wakes up late, but he wasn’t this morning.

“Are you in a hurry?” Changmin hasn’t ready to see Yunho yet.

“Not really” Of course he is not, he is a workaholic, so he likes to come early.

“Give me a couple minutes?”

“Sure” Yunho shrugged innocently. Changmin realizes this seemingly perfect college student is clueless sometimes. And when that time comes, he looks so cute. It wasn’t like this before. The younger awareness towards him has lessened. In front of almost everybody, he will look so cold, only towards few people, which is Changmin finds rare.

Changmin has a great problem right now. How to deal with his feeling? How to forget or maybe how to confess?

 

“Looks tasty” Changmin praises Yunho, but it shouldn’t be something new. Everything Yunho cooks is just always taste good. And Yunho wouldn’t react with that, he has got much praises to ignoring. Changmin can’t see Yunho especially on eyes, so he avoids it by looks at the food. Yunho watch Changmin carefully, he can tell the older has problem and his food seems can’t distract it.

“Was it really scary nightmare?” Yunho asks, he still clearly remembers how his nightmare is. He just saw it the night before. For 5 years he haunted by it.

Changmin looks at Yunho but quickly looks away “So… sort of” it really scary, the nightmare if it really happens.

Yunho doesn’t laugh at him. He doesn’t think nightmare as a small thing. “It won’t happen…” Yunho says out of blue, makes Changmin confused.

“What?”

“Your nightmare won’t happen. It’s not real. It just bad dream, that’s all” Yunho looks away from Changmin, he feels a bit embarrassing by his own words “That’s what I tell myself whenever I get nightmare. It won’t help. Forget it!” he also tells himself that he will take revenge. He has doubt it for years.

“Thanks” Changmin says, “I must be over react” he smiles sincerely.

 

Someone knocks the door. Changmin insists to open it. It’s Yoona. Now Changmin can’t handle any of this. And Yunho’s phone rings; perfect timing.  “Yup?” he says “What? Who asks you to do it? Okay, fine. I’ll be right there”

“Who?” Changmin asks, he a bit curious and jealous too. Whoever calls Yunho is practically disturbing their breakfast because Yunho must has to go now. Whatever the work he has on weekends is something that obviously more important and busier. Working from morning till night every weekend, what kind of job is it? Yoona see how Changmin stares at Yunho so intensely. He ignores his own girlfriend, makes the girl smiles bitterly.

“Some kind of nuisance. I’ve to go. Ah, Yoona-ssi, have you eat?” that time Yoona is surprised and Changmin remembered that his girlfriend is in the same room with them

“Well, not yet” She a bit nervous to face Yunho

“Should I make you some?” Yunho says while put his phone back to his pocket

“No, that’s fine. I… I’ll make myself” Yoona doesn’t know how to face this cold but kind man. She meant to blame everything to him, but realizes it’s not his faults at all. He done nothing and yet he can be so much adorable.

“You sure?” Yunho asks her again

“Next time. You have to go, right?” Yoona reminded him, her voice a bit shaky.

“Okay.” And Yunho leaves like that, leaving Yoona and Changmin alone. Changmin’s eyes never leave Yunho even the after the front door closed, his eyes still fixed on the door. After few seconds, Changmin looks at Yoona.

That words finally comes out

“Let’s break up”

 

 

 

 

 

Who says that? (lol)

Homin YC and randomcassie thanks, it’s pretty long. Now I understand something from reader point of view…kkk… also thanks to rizahasdiana, CrazyFox and Husna95… (see? That sudden idea is not bad, right?)

And about how JJ can enter? It’s not that he has key, Changmin will not appreciate this, right? It just that I’m not used to lock the door till dark. I think it almost the same. As Changmin friend who sometimes visit, he knows this and used to enter the apartment just like that because he knows it’s not locked.

Can I ask you? I already have Yunho’s cousin (who grows as his fraternal twin) in mind. Can you guess who is him?