Present and movie

Journey to find 'Home'

The 3 second kiss has becomes a new bug for Changmin. It’s not that it always bothers him but when it comes, he really bothered. The weirdest time is that it comes when he is with his girlfriends. When he kisses that girl, he feels good but it doesn’t give him the same feels as that 3 seconds kiss.

He denies it by saying to himself it because Yunho is a male, slept and it will be really awkward if Yunho finds out. It was just a thrilling sensation, not a heavenly feeling. But the kiss he done with his girlfriend, is not better. He needs to distract that kiss out of his head so he tries to reduce the frequent he meet Yunho. But something Changmin realizes fast. His meet frequent to Yunho is not that much, mostly at night at dinner and breakfast, and almost nothing else. But that minutes have becomes hardest times for him. He can’t avoid Yunho because the younger might feel suspicious, but he finds it hard to think normally, to wash away his thinking about the younger.

Yunho’s nightmare still comes to him. And sometimes Changmin sees (or hear) it. That has becomes the time when Changmin worried Yunho a lot. Even the younger looks cold, tough and expressionless in most time; he still has weak side of him.

 

“Sorry! I’ll cook now” Changmin says when he get in to his apartment room. But like always, he’s too late.

“Let’s eat?” Yunho says without looking at the older. He waits the older to get home and doesn’t touch the dinner. Changmin knows Yunho will wait for him because it was him who starts the habit. He can tell that night the younger feels hungry, hungrier than usual. Because he eats faster, leaving his calm habit. The older almost chokes by little things. He hold a laugh when he sees a rice stick above Yunho’s lips and without hesitate, he stretch his hand to take it. This time Yunho’s hand grabs Changmin’s and squeeze it, makes the older winced. Like a state of someone who just possessed, he lets go of Changmin’s hand and asks “What are you doing just now?” Changmin can hear the younger’s breath become faster.

“Rice, above your lips” Yunho responds quickly by tries to find wherever that rice is. “Let me take it!” Changmin doesn’t offer he just does it. He stretches his hand one more time and Yunho just let him. The younger look at the other direction, feeling a shame because doing such a ridiculous thing, childish for his age, he thought. Changmin takes it and feels a smooth skin on his finger tips, and he remembers how he kissed that lips. The rest of the dinner becomes awkward, and they had nothing to talks about, they usually haven’t.

 

 

A day after that awkward dinner, Yunho goes back to their sharing apartment after he works.

“Welcome home” Changmin greets him.

Yunho looks at Changmin with a weird look. “You like cake?” Yunho asks “The café owner gives me some and the landlord gave me this. He said it’s for you.” Yunho handed Changmin a big brown envelope.

“Thanks” but he frowns. The envelope has no sender on it, only words ‘to: Shim Changmin’. It hasn’t been so long since the last time he got present from his fans, he has fans since first year. He indeed is a tall handsome guy with a good attitude. He just too shies, no wonder he got girlfriend in his 3rd year.

He opens it and almost drops what he sees. His hand trembling and he almost forget to breath. When Yunho comes out of his room, Changmin gets his consciousness back and quickly collects the ‘present’ and hide it in his room. Even now they sit facing their dinner, Changmin’s mind travelling to somewhere. “Are you sick?” Yunho asks the older, snaps him

“Why you think I am?” Changmin asks him back

“You…” Yunho looks hesitate “You don’t eat like usual. Usually, you eat lots and a bit faster than me” He finally saying which makes Changmin surprised. The younger actually cares about him and that makes him forget the matter that just bugging him just now. “I can buy medicine for you”

“No! I just have something in my mind” Changmin smiles a bit hearing Yunho’s attention. He just nods in reply.

 

 

But after dinner, Changmin’s mind comes back to the ‘present’. He watches the photos and become curious, ‘who and why should it sends to him?’ There in the picture, his girlfriend was in a bar, dancing and playing around with random guys. He doesn’t know who they are. Some picture even worse than just flirting. Anger builds in Changmin’s heart. He doesn’t want to believe that, but it just too real. He is not crying, just feels dizzy. And that night is Changmin’s turn to get nightmare.

Changmin wakes up late in the morning, the younger doesn’t bother to wake him up, and it was different with his cousin who lived with him before. But good thing about Yunho, he always prepares breakfast for him. It’s already too late for his morning lecture.

He got messages from his girlfriend and friends. Jaejoong and Kyuhyun text him about why he doesn’t attend the class. But he ignores those. After calming himself, get some breakfast he prepares himself to attend the next class.

He put on his best poker face. He wants to make sure, makes sure that he doesn’t need to believe that photos sent to him. He want to put all of his trust to his girlfriend, just that. Seeing and meeting his girlfriend, he feels a bit dizzy. The picture of his girlfriend teasing in a bar is really disturbing him. He talks and chat with his girlfriend as usual, nothing really change, but his longest best friend, Kyu, he can tell there is something in Changmin’s mind.

“Hey buddy! What’s wrong with you?”Kyuhyun asks with jokingly “Something happen between you and your girlfriend?”

“Kyu… please don’t read my mind like that! Am I just like an open book for you?” Changmin leans forward; resting his body to the table. He looks desperate.

“Not exactly, but since you are not experienced with girl…”

“Don’t say that like you have lots” said Changmin without looks at his friend.

“Why don’t you ask her to hang out? So you can talks?”

“… I will” Changmin agrees him.

“Nah, I have two tickets for my best friend” Kyuhyun gives him two movie tickets.

“You are creepy when you kind”

“What? Do you think you are cute when you kind? It’s too suspicious, you know?” Kyuhyun leaves him immediately without saying goodbye, and Changmin knows he doesn’t need to say thanks to him. What a best friend they are?

 

 

Changmin doesn’t hesitate to call his girlfriend. He asks her to have a date at weekend, but sadly, she rejected it by saying she already has schedule. He feels disappointed, but he also can do nothing for now. Maybe he can give the tickets to Yunho, but he always disappeared at weekend. Not just disappeared, he sometimes doesn’t go back to apartment, and at Monday morning, he already home, preparing breakfast. Changmin never asks him about that, he doesn’t want to know about Yunho that much or else he feels a bit worried if his disappearances have connection with drugs or something like that.

He calls Kyuhyun in the end, saying his girlfriend has schedule only to hear his friend snarl at him “Do you know why I give you those tickets? Because I cannot go! Now find another!” Changmin sighs, he needs to give it to someone or he can go alone.

Out of mood, he goes to café where Yunho works at. The younger already there, fake smiling and serving. He looks okay with his job. Too fine since his two friends (sometimes his other friend also) usually shows confusing about their assignment. Never once did Changmin see Yunho complains about that. “Private tutor for free, why not.” Donghae says.

“Hey, you got any schedule this weekend?” Changmin asks, remember the tickets he own. Junsu and Donghae exchanges glances, they got something in their mind, the similar one.

“Actually, we plans to watch movie, Jae hyung gives me tickets.”

“Weird, I got too” Changmin shows them the tickets.

“It is just the same with our. Will you go with your girlfriend?”

“No, she got schedule” Changmin weakly smiles

“Hyung, why don’t you ask Yunho instead? We only have two and we feel bad because we cannot ask him along”

“Do you think he will take it?” Changmin hesitates

“Rather than gossiping someone in the same room, why don’t you just tell me what’s the problem?” Yunho suddenly comes, bringing the coffee Changmin’s order.

Donghae blunts open “Changmin hyung has two tickets for tomorrow, why don’t you just go along? We can have a weekend together. His girlfriend cannot go”

“Come on, Yunho! You seems never relax a bit. College, work, homework, you rarely hang with us” Junsu whining and sulking, making his face looks cuter. He seems can read Yunho mind that the taller one going to rejected it.

“Only if he really asks me” Yunho shrugged his shoulder.

“Okay, use that ticket!” Changmin quickly says.

“Free? Okay, I’ll go. Thank you so much”. Yunho bows, showing an exaggerated gratitude.

 

 

“You are not going to escapes, are you?” Asks Changmin when he and Yunho have their dinner.

“Escapes what?” YH thinks seriously.

“Tomorrow…” Changmin reminds him.

“Nope. Why?”

“Because you always disappeared on weekends”

“Even I won’t be here whole day, I’ll appears just in time”

“Actually, what are you doing every weekend?” His eyes narrowed on Yunho.

“I seriously hope you are not going to asks about it” Yunho hangs his answers. But watching Changmin’s face, he knows the older wants a serious answer. “I’m working” says Yunho while cut fish with his chopsticks.

“You already work on café”

“The pay isn’t that good” Yunho shrugged, not wanting to talks more about it.

 

 

The next day, Yunho already goes to whatever he works at. Changmin doesn’t think about it and busied himself with lots of assignment and study. Changmin is a brilliant students, and he always work hard to keep himself on that position. During the day, he tries to call his girlfriend several times, but she never picked up. Perhaps she left it, Changmin’s think.

As hour’s passes, Yunho doesn’t shows up yet and slowly, Changmin worried if the younger escapes from his promises. Junsu sends him text saying that he better goes to the promised place. Changmin finally goes to that place after hesitates whether he should waiting for Yunho or not.

Yunho’s friends have waited for him. When Changmin asks them where’s Yunho, they think otherwise. “It’s only 10 minutes to go. I don’t want to late” Junsu looks at his watch, clearly worries.

“You can go first and I’ll wait for him” Chanmin simply gives him conclusion. But only 15 seconds later, Donghae suddenly says something loud

“Yunho!” he also swings his hand above his head. There, Yunho walks to their direction without smile or guilty for make them wait.

“Yah! Why do you late?” Junsu shows him annoyed looks.

“I got lots of things to do. But I’m sure I’m not late” Yunho makes innocent looks, well, he is. Changmin can’t looks away from his roomies. He looks like usual, expressionless, but Changmin can see a bit of tiredness from him he might fall asleep inside the theater.

“Let’s get in! I wants to buy soda and popcorn” Donghae says to makes them moves.

 

Inside the theater, Changmin finds his friends Kibum already sat near his and Yunho’s seat.

“Kibumie? You come alone?”

“I don’t know is it a good luck or bad luck. I have accompanied but sadly the person is not a girl. No matter how many people agreed he looks feminine, he is he” Kibum looks desperate.

“Hey Changmin!” It is Jaejoong that Kibum talked about just now. He just goes back from toilets. He quickly sits at Changmin’s right side while Yunho is on Changmin’s left. Junsu and Donghae just sit in front of them. “I thought you cannot come”

 “Shhh…” Jaejoong says as the room becomes darker. But he managed to steal a glance to Yunho who focuses to the still white screen.

 

After the movie, Jaejoong and Kibum join Junsu, Donghae, Changmin and Yunho. They decide to go to restaurant nearby, and Changmin quickly orders some food. He feels hungry already. Yunho only order coffee. “You don’t eat? We won’t have dinner at home” Changmin reminded him

“I’m not hungry” But Changmin gives him a very-worried looks “I’ve already eat”

“At your work place?” he wants to ensure

“Yeah!” Yunho feels so much tired by Jaejoong’s staring. That friend of his roommate keep steal glances, and sometimes it takes long time. Yunho ignores him; he doesn’t even look at Jaejoong. He hates it when someone keeps looking at him like a prey. But still, Yunho manages to stay calm like nothing contents his mind. He chats with all of them like usual, except with Jaejoong because the older doesn’t ask anything to him. “So, hyung, I don’t know that you’ll come too” Junsu ask his cousin

“I didn’t say I won’t come” his face hardened.

“You sure you don’t eat?” Changmin suddenly asks his roommate again because it bothered him.

“Don’t worry about that. I’ll make ramen if I’m hungry”

“You two looks like married couple. Or you already have?” Kibum comments choked Changmin and he coughs pretty hard. Yunho pats his back. “What do you think Yunho? You like the idea?” He just shrugged for reply.