Date spies

Journey to find 'Home'

Yunho left the psychiatrist without ate anything even he was in a restaurant. He takes taxi to go to café-restaurant where he’ll meet Jaejoong; another café which more likely to be visited by college student like him. Jaejoong wouldn’t pick this place, he will picked somewhere more expensive, but it Yunho decide.

Yunho let out a loud sigh and shakes his head both in disbelief and disappointment. If the reaper is somewhere close, he doesn’t mind to go with him. Does he really have to do this? He gets in and meet Jaejoong’s gaze. He must be turning his head every time the door open. Nervous can be sense from him.

“I’m not late, am I?” Yunho greets him and sits across. He has put on his stoic mask.

“I thought you will…” Jaejoong can’t finish his words, he swallows it all

“You bet I’ll late? Or you hope I’ll bring you flowers?” says Yunho, half mocking him

“I just thought you’ll take me to somewhere else. What’s the different with your work place?” Yunho guessing right, but Jaejoong can’t be shamed.

A waiter comes to get their order “Mocha frappe, please? What you want to eat?” Yunho asks Jaejoong, the older already have beverages.

“Tuna pasta”

“Can I have lasagna please? Thanks.” Yunho prays silently, hopes that he won’t throw up because of Jaejoong. He needs to test himself. After the waiters leave them, Yunho continues “Let’s clear this, we only officially dating yesterday, what makes you so rush? Besides, I work on a café; I want to enjoy becoming a customer sometimes”

“Yes, I’m sure I look rush, but we’ve known each other before, so…” Jejoong talks so fast, Yunho cut him.

“Uh huh! You said you’ve change. So I don’t know this person in front of me. Or you just make it?”

Jaejoong lower his gaze a bit “You really have change”

“So you don’t know me” Yunho challenges him. Jaejoong shuddered, he feels this man in front of him is no longer a cute boy; he see a monster has sneaking out and shows it claws. If he does not be careful, he’ll be destroyed. “But my favorite color is still green anyway” Yunho grin and Jaejoong can only gives a nervous smile in return. He should lead this game, but he doesn’t feel that way.

They eat in silent. Jaejoong wants to starts conversation, but he’s not able to. Every time he sees Yunho, he sense the younger has no interest at all, bored and keep looking at the book he brought. Jaejoong suddenly wants to kill this Dostoyevsky for writing the book Yunho reads.

“Say something!” Yunho orders him while looking at his book, which makes Jaejoong startled, his eyes widen in surprise “You want to see me; here we are. And you just all quite. What you exactly want? If I know it only waste my precious time, we shouldn’t meet” No fear, and that what gives Jaejoong fear.

“It’s a date. No reason needed” Jaejoong courage himself to daringly answers. Yunho stop reading and slowly fixes his gaze to Jaejoong, sharp gaze. Then he continues reading after shrugged his shoulder. “You don’t take it seriously?”

“I’m being serious here, at least I try. But you should do your part. You can’t hope much from someone younger by 2 years than you, right?” Yunho is clearly mocking him. When Yunho was in Junior high school, Jaejoong always treats him like a little kid who knows nothing about the world.

“You’ve grow much these 5 years” taller, even taller than him now. He can’t dominate Yunho anymore.

“You no longer see me as a kid? It is praise for me, then” Now he doesn’t have to look up to see him. Unlike when he was thirteen and Jaejoong fifteen. He feels a little bit regret for not consumed more milk when he was younger, he probably could grow even taller than Changmin.

“Let’s meet tomorrow” Jaejoong gives him his best smile thought Yunho misses it.

“You won’t waste my time like this?” He asks; time is matter for him.

“Told you it is dating” Jaejoong says with cute pout on his face.

“Huff… Let me explain some rules”

“What? It should me…” He snapped.

Yunho put a finger on his lips; warn Jaejoong for talks too loud “You become more temper. It’s time rules, okay. I’m busy.” Jaejoong composed himself, then Yunho continues, he really takes his time “Firstly, I work on café 5 days, as you know, and I don’t like to skip, just like classes. Come to café, it will suspicious for peoples if you don’t, but don’t come every day. You know? 2 or 3 times a week” He already feels shuddered by his own words, he’ll going to face Jaejoong on café, as a boyfriend on people’s eyes. How ?

“Okay, I understand” Jaejoong still tries his best to calm down.

“If you want to go out to dinner or something else, tell me first so I can scheduled it. Honestly, I don’t like to go out dinner.” It’s more because of Changmin’s dinner.

“What about dinner at my apartment?” He suggests it with hopes sparkling on his eyes.

Yunho hides that he actually shivers by his suggestion, he has bad dinner experience with Jaejoong “Of course not. I know you cook well; it was delicious as I can remember, but how do I know you won’t add strange spices?” of course he doesn’t mean herbs. He means when Jaejoong spiked him.

“I won’t do such a lame thing” Jaejoong half shout

Yunho raises his brow and smirks like saying ‘Are you sure?’ challenging Jaejoong to prove his words “Don’t embarrass yourself okay! What was it last time? Our last dinner?” Yunho reminds him; say it in a low shuddering tone. It was a memory he can’t get away from his head. Jaejoong burned, anger and shame built inside. “And since I have to work on weekend too” Yunho pauses, looks like realizing something “Wow… I almost have no free time, am I? For weekend tell me first so I can schedule it. So?”

“Okay. But what are you doing at weekend?”

“It’s not something that you need to know. I’m working, that’s all. And I prefer to work in peace, interfere free” His mind flews again on what happened before his date. His family friend, his psychiatrist was come and makes him had to leave his job. He doesn’t like it. Except it was his family disturbs his work like cousin. He even hates if it was his grandfather disturbs.

“If I’m curious?”

“Don’t be. I never planned to have relationship at my first year. You ruined it, absolutely. So you won’t see me cheated” Assuring him thought he hates it, they both torturing each other. “We’ve a nice lunch” Yunho close his book and put it in his bag

“Wait! You go?” Jaejoong panics.

“Like what I said, I’m busy even on weekend. Don’t compare me to a SPOILED-RICH-BOY like you”. Yunho gies extra pressure to that words, as a reminder for Jaejoong that they are very different on that matter.

And Jaejoong remember well how Yunho lives with Lee grandparents that time, they are not rich but not that poor too. No parents. Yunho never gives detail except that they still alive, maybe. “How are your parents doing?” it’s not the topic that Yunho like to talked about.

“Good. I guess?” guess since he doesn’t know.

“Still no parents? I can help your financial” Jaejoong smirks, means to make Yunho get mad of that ‘parent’ thing. Yunho never talked about his parents since he was in school. Jaejoong avoided it, at past. He brings it up only to see more emotion to Yunho’s surface. Not working

“It’s not my style. My treat today for my boyfriend. So, see you”, Jaejoong swallows, he stay still in his seat even after Yunho pays and leaves. He feels uneasy; somehow this game is not working as his hope.

 

 

Yunho wants to take bus to go back to his work place, but a car stops near him. Even the driver hasn’t shows up, Yunho already knows and he swears on his mind. The driver opens the passenger door. “Hi! Vampire prince! Get in!” and he does.

“Don’t call me that” Yunho says calmly “How long have you waited?”

“I just pass this way” He lies even he knows Yunho won’t buy it.

Yunho fasten the seatbelt, put off his shoes, pulls up his feet to the seat and folds them in front of his chest. He likes this way. “I’m sure I’ve told Sukjin not to spying me” Yunho drops the honorific, leans his head and fixes his gaze outside, sees the mirror and finds two familiar form on the sidewalk. Yunho hides frown.

The driver is older than Yunho. “You told him. Not me…” sounds as innocent as he can be.

“So you admit that you spied me.”

“I just want to know where you were going.” He is not expected that Yunho went to see his psychiatrist, someone who he avoids the most.

“You spied me since I met my psychiatrist?”

“I know I may not know. So I waited outside” Even he itch to know, he won’t find out. “Jung-grandfather worries you.”

“So he ordered you.” It’s not sounds like guessing, more like statement. He already knew his grandfather would send some people to watch or spy him. Like being watched by college student is not bad enough.

“I won’t tell your grandfather about him.” Tries to cherish Yunho, but the younger face is not changed even a bit. “He’s cute. I almost thought he is a girl. Why I don’t feel the date feeling?” He changes topic.

“Because it wasn’t” Yunho doesn’t want this man to know about Jaejoong that much. So he avoids more talk “Junjin… Take me to office! I need to finish some things.” Yunho closes his eyes, pretends that he wants to sleep during their short journey. He has problem on putting honorific to peoples. He wasn’t lived in Korea before.

“Yes, Sir!” jokingly say it like an army “Hey! Sneaking at midnight! We can race on street sometimes. You usually hardly sleep well, don’t you” knowing Yunho for so long, he knows his habit quite well. ”besides, your beloved cousin is not here” They would avoid Yunho to get risky fun. He is not blaming them.

“Why sneaking?” like he can’t openly get out at midnight

“Because Sukjin-hyung said you feel bad to your room mate.”

“Really?” Yunho can’t believe it. What that man knows about him? “Tomorrow grandpa wants to have dinner with me, pick me!”

“Ah! I guess it’s not just me followed you.”  Yunho ignores this.

 

 

“Damn! Where is he going?” Donghae swears loudly, gathering peoples nearby attention. He loses Yunho after he gets out from his dating place. He wasn’t seeing Yunho enters a car.

“Donghae… it’s not right!” Junsu says weakly. He is tired with this spying thing.

“Oh, yeah? Who was excited before?” Donghae snorts

“I was. But after come here, I don’t think it’s right” Junsu says, regretful

“Why is he likes a ghost?” Donghae his hair, frustrated. He has pulls Junsu on this spying mission.  In order to make Junsu realizes there is something absolutely wrong with Jaejoong-Yunho relation, he does this. But it seems that Junsu want to let them, denies that there is something wrong.

Junsu looks sad, he feels uneasy, but then he saws Jaejoong get out from café and he quickly pulls Donghae away from that place.

 

 

Changmin spends half of his day with his girlfriend. After wasting his energy in gym, he feels better, much better. And when the night comes, he made his dinner for himself. Yunho hasn’t comes home yet and he feels a bit lonely. The younger usually makes dinner and wait for him to have dinner together. It’s the first time Yunho asked him for being late. He wonder where Yunho usually going at weekend. It’s not his business, but he also has a little curiosity.

The man who drives Yunho earlier after his date, Junjin drops him 6 blocks away from his apartment. He enjoys walking at night like this, with headphone and chicken wings on his right hand. Sukjin has force him to eat before he go back to his apartment. Minutes pass and he finally reach his apartment. He gets in and Changmin is in the middle of dinner. “You’re home” he greets Yunho “Dinner?” He offers him, he has made extra portion in case Yunho wants to eat.

“I’ve eat before” Yunho says, Changmin only smiles “Here! Chicken wings” Yunho puts the box in front of Changmin and takes a glass. He’s thirsty and sweating a bit.

“Thanks. Let’s eat them while watching TV” Changmin smiles again makes it hard for Yunho to refuses him, he can only nod. Changmin finishes his dinner while Yunho changes his outfit. Then they both sit in front of TV, watching variety show. Changmin opens the box end even he has eat before, the smells of that box already creates space on his stomach. “Why so many? It’s two dozen?”

Yunho peeks on the box, “Really?”

Changmin takes one and eat it “Where did you buy them? It’s delicious”

Yunho hesitates “Someone got it for me. I don’t know where he bought them” He is not lying at all. It was Sukjin got it for him.

“Come on! Eat some. It’s really good”

Yunho takes one “Hmm” tasting it carefully, guessing its ingredients.

“So? You have a good day?”

“Only a usual one” Yunho continue chewing, makes a mental note to asks Sukjin about the chicken. Feeling Changmin staring at him, he continue “Lots problem” but it only makes Changmin staring more, makes Yunho feels uncomfortable, he change topic “Tomorrow, I’ll have dinner outside. If you don’t mind, will you cook?”

“Dinner?” Suddenly, the thought of Yunho has dating someone, comes to his mind. Curious, jealous comes again. “With who?”

“Old man. My grandfather” Yunho can’t lie about that “Not the one you’ve seen. This one is my grandfather from my father side”

“Oh” Changmin feels better, glad to know “Then, will he pick you?” he wonders how Yunho’s grandfather looks like since Yunho is not looks like Lee grandfather.

“No. he didn’t really agree when I told him I want to go to college, especially this college. So he doesn’t want to come here. It will look like he supports me. You know, pride”

“He didn’t want you to go to college? Especially this one? why? It’s one of the best colleges in this country? Did he don’t want you to get better education?” Yunho looks at him with a hint of afraid and scared, mostly startled. “Sorry.” Changmin apologize after the change in Yunho’s facial expression

“No. It just, your reaction is different compared to my family member.”

“Is it bad?”

“Of course not. It just different.” Yunho’s corner lip makes a curve, and then Changmin realizes he is smiles even it’s only a small smile “My family, they don’t think I need to go to college, and against me. But they were not asks me to leave home or what. Not much arguing because I always do what I want to do at the end, so they can’t really do anything with that. I pay college fee on my own” He doesn’t looks sad about it like it a normal thing. Yunho even smiles, remember about his family. They are too afraid if there is something happen to him like 5 years ago although Yunho never told them what was going on. They like to keep Yunho close to them, so they can keep an eye on him.

Sounds possessive. Yunho knows that’s for his own good, from their perspective. They even sent his psychiatrist to see him. But he hates it so much. Firstly for disturbing his working time. Secondly, how could they proof they trust him and his decision?

“Why don’t you get scholar?” He can’t believe how this two years younger man in front of him has to thinks about money because some ridiculous reason.

“No. I have problem with my high school report. So, I need to work on my own” Yunho admits, between a dark kind of history and a confidence to admit it. Changmin surprised. It’s not the kind of story he expect to hear since the younger usually hides his personal life.

“It must be not easy. Work and study” he amused by the man in front of him. Changmin doesn’t know the detail of his daily routine, but he knows he study, work, do assignment, cook, and don’t forget that nightmare.

“I enjoy it” Yunho takes second chicken, this time examine the color first “It gives me not much time to thinking about bad things”

“But don’t you tire?”

“You have to enjoy tiredness to enjoy working.”

“That’s how you enjoy your life?”

Yunho’s expression changes, there is a little of confusion and sadness “I don’t know” he answers. And his tone comes back to his usual cold. Seems the matter of ‘life’ is an issue for Yunho.