Perfect couple

Journey to find 'Home'

The man holds Yoona’s hand that night is her cousin, which according To Yoona’s story very close to her. She is a bit hesitated with that hand holding but the hold is so tight she even feels pain. Too bad someone catch that moment and sends the picture to Changmin. Who wouldn’t misunderstand? After hear long explanation from his girlfriend about the night Changmin get very drunk, which makes Changmin believe someone has set all of that, Changmin decides he need to spend more time with Yoona. “Why are you smiling like stupid?” Kyuhyun complains.

“Nothing” Changmin doesn’t bother to explain to his friend. It’s different with Kibum who teases Changmin “It seems you are going to a date?”

“We ARE dating” Changmin can’t be more patience. Yes, he is going to have a date with Yoona. Not always a big plan, they start with daily meet at café or lunch or dinner. He eat again at his apartment, still, he can’t skip whatever Yunho cook.

“And that happiness makes your face red?” Kibum asks after observing Changmin’s face.

“Or not, you are sick?” Kangin who just comes.

Kyuhyun touch Changmin’s forehead. “Hey, man! You got fever” his eyes is glazed with worries.

Changmin feels hot, but not that disturbing, so he refuses his friends suggestion to take a rest, but his temperature really going up at late evening. Yunho who just goes back from his work finds his roommate lay on the couch. Half sleep and half awake, Changmin can’t really process the picture in front of him. Someone see him with puzzle on his eyes, investigates every detail on Changmin’s face. The younger hesitates a bit, but when his cool hand meet hot forehead makes the owner to pull back his hand. He’s not panic at all, only a bit surprises. He disappeared to his room for awhile only to throwing his bag somewhere, and comes back real quick to living room.

He pats the half sprawled one on the shoulder, shaking a little bit. A small sound is the only answer he gets. “Have you eaten?” this time the answer is a sound “Uh?” Yunho becomes more worried. “Move to your room! I’ll prepare diner!” his voice sounds like a command, but no one would care, not even Changmin who being commanded.

Half conscious, Changmin stands up to move, but before he can stand straight, he almost falls down. Almost, if only Yunho doesn’t catch him. Without hesitate, the younger one circling Changmin’s hand to his neck, supporting him by circling one of his hand to the older waist so he doesn’t fall and help him to lay on his bed. That time, under his unconsciousness, Changmin smells Yunho’s scent. And somehow it soothes him. Why is it quite familiar to him?

And for Yunho, even success to bring Changmin to his bed, it’s not easy. He curses himself for not just carry Changmin on his shoulder like rice sack instead supporting him to walk. Then he imagines if they’re on opposite situation, what if he is the one sick? He prefers stay in his grandfather house. He can’t let stranger take care of him. Changmin? He stills a stranger to Yunho. Or maybe it just what he want to believe.

Remembering his cousins, he realizes he can’t get sick at all. Because if they know he sick, and he believes they can know it only 5 minutes after him sneezing, they’ll ‘kidnap’ him. And probably they won’t let him finish his study on his college. Ordinary peoples will not do that, well, his cousins are not ordinary. So he can’t get sick, and he has to make sure that he doesn’t get infected by the viruses which have breaking Changmin’s immune system.

Yunho quickly makes list on his mind, and do it right away. First he need to call a doctor, a professional one but doesn’t have connection with his cousin. It sounds paranoid, but he has experienced his cousin’s possessiveness. Not good experience, maybe some are okay, but some other really bothers. And so he calls Donghae to find a doctor.

He also has to do something to reduce the temperature. And cook. Changmin has to eat something, and drinks a lot of water. The doctor comes pretty quickly, only 20 minutes since his call to Donghae.

 

“So? Why are you wearing masker?” Donghae asks Yunho. He comes with the doctor. But stay even the doctor has gone.

“I can’t get infected”

“You are so healthy.” Donghae says in disbelief and boredom

“It’s a preventive. Dinner?”

“Looks tasty. Wait! You cook this?” Yunho only eyeing like saying ‘leave it if you don’t want it’ Donghae quickly say “I want to eat that too” his voice sounds childish, but he has no shame right now. Yunho leaves Donghae to enter Changmin’s room, bring porridge, the only food he thinks suitable for the older condition right now.

“Wake up! You have to eat something.” Changmin is mumbling something, his eyes half open. Yunho helps him to sit, he also rearrange the pillow only for Changmin’s comfort. Watching the now-fever one, Yunho realizes he has to feed him. The older barely open his lips, swallows his food slowly, good things is he can be patience.

A voice interrupted “You know Yunho? I think you can make a good husband…” Donghae pauses a little “or wife…”

“You likes the idea of me becomes a girl?” Yunho smiles think it silly. Donghae is not an easy opponent. He likes to tease, especially him.

“No… that not suit on you. About you become a girl? I think it’s ridiculous.” The imagination of Yunho wearing skirt makes him wrinkles. “I mean I don’t mind to become your boyfriend”

It’s actually weird when Yunho thinks about his relation to Donghae. They do not like each other. They are pure friend where they can mocks, tease and say whatever without having bad heart feeling. “No thanks” Yunho can’t imagine dating Donghae. “But why? Do I have nice things to become a girl? Or bottoming the relation between men?”

“Are you stupid or you really never thinking about that?”

”Entertain me a little!” he asks. This time, he cleans the corner of Changmin’s lips with tissue.

“I hate to comply, you know? But you can cook, and yeah, delicious” Donghae admits “And you can take care of sick people?” this statement like snapping Yunho, Donghae even sounds something like questioning the meaning. “What? You don’t understand? Your brain is a bit lack sometimes. Why again you always get good mark on class? Look at you now! Cooking meals, feeding him, call doctor, you even clean his face” Yunho throws Donghae a confusing look.

“I don’t see anything wrong with that. I think other people will do the same thing”

“It’s not wrong, it just… never minds!” Donghae swallows whatever he wanted to say. “Why don’t you find girlfriend? Or boyfriend?”

“Should I?”

“Like seriously? Tell me how much female and male gave you their number? Present? Confessions?”

“I didn’t count” Yunho admits like it ridiculous things in the world “You jealous? Because you didn’t get all of that?” Even in fact Donghae takes most of Yunho’s present.

“Not even quarter of it” Donghae sounds upset, but he never plans to use that tone. Yunho seems bored with the topic. “He has girlfriend?”

“Yes” even Yunho finds it impolite to talk about the person in front of the said man itself, because Changmin is not in his normal state and half conscious, he pushes aside the bad feeling. “Why you ask?”

“I wonder you two have relation and burn this shared apartment”                      

Yunho looks at Donghae with frown. “Where do you have that silly idea?”

“Peoples talk about that sometimes, wonders who you like and paired you with him but mostly, they paired you with that pretty boy”

“Who?”

“Junsu’s cousin”, Yunho refocuses to his duty, feeding Changmin.

“Another ridiculous thing. I don’t like it” His eyes are getting sharp.

After finish his food, Donghae leaves the apartment, leaving Yunho to take care of Changmin.

 

 

Next day, Changmin has got better even the heat still higher than normal. Yunho prepares breakfast and makes sure his roomies eat all. “You sure you’ll be okay?” Yunho ask. Changmin doesn’t really remember what happen the day before. Some of it feels like dream. Like when he sees Yunho smiles to him and there are sparkling around him. He can’t decide which one is reality. “I’m fine. You better go or you’ll be late” Changmin assures him.

“I’ll go home around lunch time”

“I can order delivery”

“You can do it if I’m not going home” the stubborn side of Yunho. Changmin can only sigh, he receiving so much attention from Yunho and doesn’t know what to do about that.

 

 

Yunho skips one class only to prepare lunch for Changmin. He tries not to thinking about that too much. He needs his roommate’s health for his own good. When Yunho reach his apartment, he finds Changmin in the kitchen, try to makes something for his own. “What the hell are you trying to do? I’ve told you I’ll prepare lunch” Yunho sounds a bit harsh.

“You only said you would go home around lunch” Changmin answers which makes Yunho wants to complain. He still remembers something he said, and Changmin is not in his healthy state.

“Now I’m here and you better leave the kitchen. Go get some rest!”

The older walk to his bedroom and stop right before he enters. He looks Yunho from his shoulder then asks “Hey, Yunho!”

“What?” Yunho answers while looking for vegetables

“Why are you so kind to me? We’re not that close. You can let me cook.”

There is a silent before Yunho answer, he seriously looking for excuses. “I don’t want your viruses infected me. Moreover I don’t want it to spread in the kitchen.”

Changmin feels something hit him on the chest “Even skip classes?”

“Just one class. It won’t hurt me” Changmin enters his room and lay on his bed. Leaving Yunho to prepare lunch and thinking about his own action. Definitely he never treats someone outside his family like this. Is he giving his roommates too much attention? He hopes not; keep denying that he really gives that attention.

 

Right after Yunho finish cooking, someone knock on the apartment door. Yunho opens it with curious and finds an attractive girl. His mind is wandering on where he ever saw the girl. It happened to be Changmin’s girlfriend. Yunho recall his memories of the pictures that makes Changmin breakdown. He lets her comes in.

Yoona call her boyfriend slowly, almost like whisper, and she also caressing the back of Changmin’s palm. He opens his eyes slowly and finds his girlfriend smile to him. “How you doing?” a simple asks which lead to fingers intertwining and smile on the sick male.

“Better than yesterday” But there is something in his chest that not get lighter even after Yoona comes.

“Have you eaten?” Changmin shakes his head. “I’ll cook something for you, okay?”

“You don’t have to…” Changmin says right before Yunho banged or kicked Changmin’s door, since he bring tray with both hand and it’s difficult to open it in appropriate way. He doesn’t mean to use that much power, it just happened and makes the couple break their hand contact. Yunho walks to Yoona place and handed her the tray.

“Here! Make sure he eats his medicine!” the younger word sounds like a stern doctor.

“Oh, okay” Yoona a bit startled, but when she sees the foods, she almost drooling. It smells nice and looks good, she want to tries them all. “He’s so cold” Yoona whisper to Changmin, the latter only smile. Yoona feeding Changmin and there are long silence before someone knocking the door.

“Hey, cold guy!” Donghae with his smile approach Yunho, it’s suspicious.

“What?” Yunho sounds prevent Donghae might hug him anytime soon.

“I want to have lunch here” he says innocently. “Come on, you must have some food”

“Not much. I need to work now” He doesn’t have lunch even he cooked for Changmin.

“Hey! Are you gonna leave me starving here? I didn’t eat lunch because I want your cook” Donghae whining like a little kid. These words make Changmin amused. Will it work? Because Yunho is extremely cold to everyone.

“I’m not asks you to come anyway” Yunho still answers coldly

“Wait! Wait! Wait! Yunho!” Donghae follows Yunho leaving the apartment.

 

 

“Is he always like that?” Yoona asks Changmin when Yunho has gets out with Donghae tailing on him. “Never say goodbye?”. Changmin just smiles by that question. “Your relation is not that good?”

“We only join the rent. But we’re good. No cross the line.”

“Lots of people talk about him. The cold coffee prince. Extremely cold. But many people’s fall for him”

“You are not one of them, are you?” Chanmin teases.

“Of course not. I’m yours”

“Oh wow… so romantic” a mocking voice comes from the door frame. It’s Kyuhyun.

“Sweet couple. Ah, I want to have a girlfriend too” Kangin follows comment.

“Then find one!” Kibum also “I thought you’re alone. Seems this sweet girl has feed you.” Yoona blushed

“I’ve bring something for you!” Kyuhyun sounds upset because he has bought it for Changmin.

No one seems to care with Kyuhyun’s protest “It must be very tasty. Your girl can cook well” Kangin teases Changmin.

“It’s not my cooking. It’s Yunho’s” Yoona speaks.

“That kid?”

 

 

Meanwhile… meters away…

“Yunho! I’m hungry!” whining, Donghae who was tailing Yunho now walking facing Yunho, showing his puppy eyes. “Yunho…”

The called one, stop walking and sigh while bringing his right palm to his forehead “Fine! Let’s eat! I’ll treat you at café”

“Yay!” Donghae jump with happiness. But suddenly he takes out his phone. Yunho suspicious frowns appear after Donghae cut the line. “Junsu” he looks innocent. “Hey, Yunho!” Donghae calls him to get his attention. When Yunho looks at his face, Donghae only gives him a hint using his chin. There is someone who wants to talk to Yunho. It’s not a surprise for Donghae. “I’ll see you in café!” Usually, Donghae will not leave Yunho easily likes this. But for this person, he just leaves.

Yunho see the person and feeling an urge to get away as far as he could. “Let’s talk!” The person says