An Actor

Journey to find 'Home'

When the Sunday morning comes, Yunho already in the kitchen hesitates about something. He is sleepy because the nightmare but he needs to work all day. “What are you thinking?” the sleepy Changmin comes out from bathroom.

“Coffee or water?”

Changmin silents a bit, scratching his stomach “Milk! Here!” Changmin gives Yunho his. When Yunho doesn’t react and only stares between the milk and Changmin, the older says “Come on! Take it!” And so Yunho obeys and says thanks. “It still early. You really have to go this time?”

“You hadn’t fully awake. Want me to cook you breakfast?”

What a temptation for Changmin “What kind of breakfast?”

“Anything, since you usually only have toast. I can make Jiggae, French toast or pancake. Or if you want I can make dumplings or Japanese breakfast, I have miso”

Changmin eyes wider “Actually how many kind of food you can make?” And why I no longer know what we got in refrigerator? And what miso is?

“Few. So?”

“Anything fast. You need to go, don’t you?” Yunho ends up make pancakes using Changmin’s milk too, but he doesn’t mind at all. The smells make his stomach growls. Yunho put three thick pancakes on Changmin’s plate; he also gives strawberry sauce and strawberry slices.

 

“Here they are” Yunho serves it, and he looks very serious, only focuses on the plate.

“You don’t eat?” says Changmin when he realizes Yunho only makes one serve for him only.

“I need to go.”

“Wait! This is not right!” Changmin says with stern voice, a bit of anger but he still well composed. “You have to eat too!”

“Eh? But…” he wants to say ‘In hurry’

“No but! Eat now!” Changmin takes a clean plate and removes one of his pancakes to that plate.

“Okay” Yunho says in low voice. He nods a bit and he doesn’t understand why he feels had no choice except to do what Changmin’s wants him to do. Changmin hasn’t touched his own breakfast, waiting for Yunho and it makes the younger feels uneasy. They both facing each other and starts breakfast in silent.

“Next time, you need to breakfast too. It’s the most important meal in a day” Changmin tells him. Yunho knows, of course but he doesn’t like it. He has done a lot of things that sickened him. There is no really importance of breakfast, he thinks. To Changmin’s words, Yunho doesn’t comments. He just eats as fast as possible. He wants to get out from such uncomfortable situation.

“Leave it!” says Changmin when Yunho finishes his breakfast. “You need to go, don’t you?”

“Sorry” Yunho says immediately “I leave now” he adds and quickly leaves. He feels relieves when he outside and sighs real loud. But he meets sharp gaze five meters ahead. It’s Kyuhyun’s. Remembering the last time, he thinks it much better to stay away from him. He only bows to him and leaves. Kyuhyun follows Yunho with his gaze till he fully disappears. He then enters his best friend’s apartment without knocking first.

“Do you miss something? Oh? Kyu?” Changmin thought it was Yunho.

“Where did he go?” Kyuhyun asks

“Work”

“At weekend?” being the son of a rich family, he never work. “What did you eat? It smells good”

“Pancakes” Changmin eat the last piece

“And why there are two plates here? You cook him breakfast?” Kyuhyun wrinkles.

“He cook me breakfast” Changmin corrects him. Kyuhyun looks unhappy and he looks at Changmin with annoyance “What? You are so weird this morning”

“I was wanted to treat you breakfast. I guess you already full”

“I still have space in my stomach” Changmin says calmly like there’s nothing wrong. He washes the plates. “Let me have a bath and we can go” Kyuhyun rolls his eyes.

 

 

 

The very next day, Monday, Yoona wants to go to café where Yunho work. It’s quite long for them not going to that place. “Welcome” Yunho greets them. Yoona is circling her hand on Changmin’s hand; practically pulling him. Since he enters that door, Changmin feels uneasy. He feels something wrong. They orders and Yunho takes it, but when Yunho comes back for their coffee and cakes, Changmin can’t see Yunho face. He feels embarrassed since he with his girlfriend, but there shouldn’t be anything wrong with that. Yoona excitingly tells Changmin about something he can’t process. His mind is wondering somewhere else. And after few minutes, Jaejoong comes in.

“Jaejoong? You alone?”

“Ah, Two love birds. Don’t worry, I won’t disturb” That’s right that Jaejoong doesn’t disturb Changmin and his girlfriends, but what happen next really never planned before, and is making a strange feeling in both Changmin and Yoona.

“Meeting someone?” Now Yoona’s turn to ask. She already guesses.

“My boyfriend” Jaejoong smiles sheepishly

“Eh? I thought it just rumor that you dating a man right now. Many girls get broken heart” Changmin teases him

“This is what happens when I have a very busy friend. You must be very busy, spends your time in library” Jaejoong mocks him. It’s right that Changmin has heard about Jaejoong before, but he was too busy to hear the complete things from students talked in hallway. He needed to see his professor and find something in library because his professor will go to Japan tomorrow and is not available for next 2 weeks. Gladly he can make it. His girlfriend also not talked about it.

“So who is him?” Changmin asks, he wants to clarify this. But before Jaejoong can answers, Yunho comes and greets Jaejoong with an unusual way like he usually did.

“Miss me already? What you want to order?”

“Miss you like crazy” Jaejoong happy with Yunho’s way greets him; he plays his role well “I wish I can put you on a plate”

“I’m inedible, you know. So?” He is ready to write down Jaejoongs order.

“Why don’t you laugh?” Jaejoong pouts for Yunho’s plain answer, no changing reaction and facial expression even he says something sweet.

“Ah? My Jaejoongie is kidding.  Do you want cakes or waffle maybe?” Yunho suggest him. Even he is facing his boyfriend, he still in the middle of working and never losing his focus on it.

“Waffle sounds good; with strawberries and cream”

“Wants vanilla ice cream too? You like it, don’t you?” Yunho suggests

“It will be great. And cold chocolate too”

“Okay. Wait a moment, please”

 

“Oppa!” Changmin wakes from his constant staring. He doesn’t even realizes his girlfriend already calls him times.

“Ah? Yes Sorry, I’m just too… I just know it… I’m surprised” Changmin stuttered a bit, try to compose himself

“I can see that” Yoona calms him, full with understanding

“Jae! since when?” Changmin asks him, curious.

“Friday. You didn’t know?” He asks bit disbelief, Changmin lives with Yunho but it seems their relation is far from close. So Yunho means that time about soon him will have relationship is this?

Changmin tries to distract what just happened, so he talks more to Yoona. Even it doesn’t really work since Jaejoong’s only sits one table away, and he can hear whatever Jaejoong says to Yunho, more like teasing and showing affection that he never know Jaejoong can be like this and the younger still answers with plain and a little bit of sweet words.

 

“Yunho! Can’t you sit with me? I have strawberry that you like” Jaejoong asks with pouts. He resting his head on the table looks so desperate, cutely desperate. There are so many customer, most of them only curious about Jaejoong and Yunho. They proof it well, and they get broken heart too.

“I’m in the middle of working” Yunho patiently explains him.

“You always work” Which is very correct. Working 7 days a week, Yunho almost has no free time.

“Don’t show me that face” Yunho plays with Jaejoong’s hair a bit “I’ll get scolded if I don’t serious with my work.” Even what is he doing now is not showing he is seriously working “Wants to go somewhere next Friday? The owner gives me a day break”

“Really?” Jaejoong raises his head in a light speed

“But if you don’t want, I’ll ask owner to let me work, it’s a busy day after all”

“You can’t do that! Okay, next Friday” Jaejoong feels in the air right now. He’ll able to date Yunho next Friday, without working reason. And smiles like plastered on his face.

 

 

 

Few hours after, Donghae mocks Yunho for being able to act sweet and full of love to Jaejoong even he feels the opposite. Yunho stays calm even after Donghae mentions that Yunho hates his boyfriend. And he can’t act that good to anyone else.

“Hae, finds a girl and stop take care of my problem, okay! You were wear disguise only to spy us, weren’t you? Next time don’t forget to change your shoes!” Yunho says after heard Donghae complains. Donghae snorts, Yunho was tackle him inside the café, inform Donghae that his disguise wasn’t work for him. “At least you didn’t bring Junsu along.”

“Yeah, right” he wanted to but Junsu must go to his club. There’s a short pause, Donghae remember about something “hey Yunho! Your room mate. Is he and his girlfriend fine?” Yunho eyeing him intensely, confuse. “I mean… they’re in good term?” Donghae unsure with his own question but he is too late to hold it back.

After few seconds thinking, Yunho almost smile “You are the one made those photos.” That makes Changmin down.

“Ah? No I’m not” sweating and his stutters really easy to guessed.

“Donghae… how do you know what photos I meant?” raises one brow, Donghae loses his words, he has caught. “That’s how you use your brain?” Yunho finds it funny, he chuckles. He remembers the photos, they are good, Yunho admits. Changmin must have burned them.

“Don’t laugh! You are not the only one need money” Donghae hits Yunho arm “And why you saw those?” Since Yunho is not the type that care about other people’s problem.

“Coincidence. I just wonder why the sender really kind to gives hints. Those picture, if only one of them has mistakes it must because of light or what, but all of them have”

“I feel bad when I made them okay? So I hope he could realize those are only faked pictures. Anyway, the people hired me see them perfect. I’m afraid you know”

“The people hire you must be blind. Not really, the photos are good.”

“Obsession blinded that people. You don’t ask who hired me?” half hoping

“What for? I had no problem with her right? Why don’t you enter another faculty? Like design or something?” Because he knows Donghae will be success on that.

“I’m good at computer; my cousins teach me well, even find it really interesting.”

“You can do hacking?”

“I can. I just want to challenge myself outside computing, so here I am, chemical student”

“I guess you are not kind of peoples who like to live easy life”

“Shut up! You don’t either”

“I’m not that passionate about life itself”

 

 

 

It becomes a long week for Changmin. He keeps thinking his weird reaction at café. There is something wrong. He should be happy because Jaejoong finally get a boyfriend after a long time and also for Yunho too because he always seems to like lonely more. That stoic cold bastard, why he can act sweet to Jaejoong and never to anyone else? Not even his two friends? He also cold to Jaejoong before. It’s like Yunho has been spelled. No that’s not right. He should stops thinking about it too much.

Whenever he sees Jaejoong at college or while they do assignment, he feels uneasy; especially when Kyuhyun or Kibum teases Jaejoong about Yunho. But when he with Yunho, he feels happier except when he remember about the fact that Jaejoong dates him. And he has kiss Yunho again at Wednesday night, when Yunho carelessly sleeping on their couch, half sprawled. Luckily Yunho didn’t wakes up, but Changmin feels strange again, he feels happy, he likes that kiss. This time, he is not washing his mouth.

Yoona visits their apartment at Thursday and Yunho comes home when they kissing, and Changmin feels he just cheating. They are in Changmin’s room and Yunho absolutely not kind of person who cares about that. He calls it privacy and right. And since Changmin does it in his own room, it has both of it.

Changmin keeps denying it all week, even when Yunho get ready for his date with Jaejoong. Friday, and it is Yunho’s day off; the owner really kind for giving him a day to date. That day, Yunho looks a little bit different. He looks put a special effort with his clothes; even Yunho doesn’t feel the same. Dark jeans, t-shirt and jacket shouldn’t be anything special, but Yunho pull those outfit well.

Yunho meets Jaejoong near Jaejoong’s apartment. It’s not too far. On his way to that place, Yunho feels someone following him. The feeling is not good and he turning his direction, right away to the person follows him. Yunho makes a quick move and his hand already on the stalker neck; choking.

“Kim Sora! What are you doing here?” Shamelessly yells at her.

“Sorry? You must be wrong” nervous clearly heard on her denial. But heck, she can’t breaths properly. Yunho pulls up her hat, uncovered her disguise. He then let go of her.

“I don’t need anyone spying on me, okay? Just go home!” Even in fact Yunho is stronger than her.

“But… but…” She admits, but still can’t find words to explain. She has order but Yunho is her friend.

“Who order you?” Yunho says with stern voice, sharp gaze that make her feeling small.

“Don’t see me with those scary eyes” tries to act cute, but meeting Yunho’s eyes, he gives up. She has seen Yunho angry and it’s not a good experience “Your grandfather” she says slowly.

Yunho rolls his eyes, he can’t believe his grandfather still ask her to follows him, or maybe protecting. Even if she is originally so called a childhood friends. “Sora-ssi” there is a voice comes, both Yunho and Sora looks at the source. A man is standing with a dimple on his cheek. His face looks happy and a slight of blush can be seen.

“Who?” Yunho asks her without looks at Sora. His voice sounds so confusing. How long did this girl spying on him that she can know this man that just comes?

Sora stuttering more, she gets more nervous “He, he is… just… I won’t follow you this day”. She raises white flag.

“Boyfriend?” Sora flustered, her face gets redder “Well, have a nice day, then” says Yunho, leaving Sora without even waving his hand. He wanted to call his grandfather to complain but he thinks if he does it, then Sora won’t marry forever. He sometimes thinks too far.

Jaejoong hasn’t comes yet. And Yunho takes his time by reads messages in his phone. There are messages from his cousins, Mom, Dad and Sukjin. Suddenly, a car stops in front of him; a shiny red Ferrari.