A broken friendship

Journey to find 'Home'

It’s definitely not a calm day.

There is voice of someone breath. It rushed, but not hard. It’s on the way to stable. Sweat everywhere but no blood. He just too tired from all of things he done today. He haven’t done serious workout these days, so he practically drained his energy just now. But it stills not enough; feels like he need more exercise. He suddenly aware, his instinct so sharp… there is someone comes to his direction slowly. So slowly that it barely make sound. It’s not amateur. He grips on his dagger and when the door opens, he throws it to the door frame, close to his head. “Chill, boss!” the guest says.

“You sound like going to kill me”

“I’m sure I didn’t make any sound” Yunho scoffs, that’s why he feels someone comes like a murderer. He made no sound. “You have problems?” because Yunho never looks like this before. This morning he was running like crazy. After that he practicing shooting and play clay shot, and just now he practices aikido. He still keeps his dagger close which means he also throws those things too.

“I’m thinking”

“Oh…” he pulls the dagger from the door frame.

“I get weak.”

“That’s because you don’t practice anymore.” He talks while waving the dagger.

“You read my mind… but practice a day won’t help a thing. I need more!” Yunho stands up, gathers all that left from his pained body. He collects his things and the driver handed him his dagger.

“You look like preparing for battle.”

Yunho just walks. Ignoring that comments. When he already seated on his car, he sigh in tired. He is probably preparing for battle, a weird battle with unidentified enemy. He has problem dealing with his guilty towards Changmin. He thought that his problem is just monetary. Who has thought it will be more complicated. He can get his family out from their suffering but be must agree to marry someone he doesn’t like. It’s so impressive that he doesn’t give in and able to see his family must life in terror. No matter what, it’s not Changmin’s faults. It’s his. There must be something that made Jaejoong do that to Changmin. That worse? Why? Donghae only quitted from college because his uncle can’t pay his tuition anymore. His uncle still has his own kids schooled. Why Changmin must face the worse? What sins?

Last night he almost can’t hold himself after hearing that marriage things from Changmin. He is mad at his ex-boyfriend. Another problem to face is who is this person that want to take advantages? It sounds that he already targeting Changmin long before. It bothers him, a lot. Yunho closes his eyes, frustrating. His driver just glances at him from the mirror and thinks that his boss is frustrated by work, maybe another thing like his biological mother, or that ex-roommate that become roommate anymore. His boss needs space, so he’s not teasing him.

Yunho has a hand on his face. It’s itching to know, he sure it must be done by someone from Changmin’s past; big possibilities from their college time. The method is kind of smooth. Unlike what Jaejoong did by directly threatening him for courting, this one leads Changmin to one way. Trapping him without Changmin realizes. There was time like this in the past, made his ex-roommate almost broke up with is girlfriend; those pictures sent to Changmin is the example. It must be the same person. Why again he has face another obsessive?

His eyes snaps open. There is someone he can ask. No! It’s gambling, said his mind. There is a clue but he can’t confirm that easily; because he will be teased. Can’t ask his driver for information either. He sure this person is ‘close’. Nope. He must postpones that, he still have ways to help his ex-roommate.

 

 

After two days not sleeping on Changmin place, he waits for Changmin that night. It’s not that Yunho has something to do. He avoids Changmin. After hears his confession that night, he straightly can’t sleep that night. But it’s not about sleeping. He just too confuses. These things are almost torn him. First is about reason of Jaejoong act. Then about the person that made Changmin must quarrel with his father for offering that lead to marriage.

That’s you, Yunho. I love you

“!” Yunho cursed. Why again he must haunted by those words. It’s not the first time someone confessed to him. He rejected all of it in the past. All, for he is not interested at having relationship and Yunho don’t know most of them, closely. There are even stranger want to courting him. This time is indeed very different. He knows Changmin. He is no longer stranger and there is fact that he can expresses himself more when he around Changmin, aside from Donghae and Heechul (and absolutely his cousin), this one closest.

It is comfort for being around him but he only ever sleep next to him once, or twice. He is totally afraid if Changmin does something when he sleeps. Jaejoong did that right? But his words last night means, his ex-roommate want to sure and not going to do bad thing. What if he can’t restrain himself anymore? What if Changmin loses control?

After two days and nights think about that, he decides he’ll see. When will Changmin lose his control? If his behavior remains the same as before he hears Changmin’s confession, it seems he is safe. Slowly he can show Changmin that he had no feelings at all. He just want to help Changmin because it all his faults. He shouldn’t look trouble by go to same college with Jaejoong. He should just kill that person when he’s in the frustration peak. It’s too late. He can’t leave Changmin like this.

 

Changmin is so glad when he finds Yunho sitting in his room, lean on the wall under the window and listening to earphone. What kind of music that can bring calm to that face. It almost looks like he sleeping. The room’s owner put off his shoes and put his bag carefully. He walks closer to Yunho and sits next to him. He too, leans on the wall, copying this one he loved. “Are you sleeping?” Changmin asks after 3 minutes sits there.

“No. I thought you want to sleep” They both smile, still with eyes shut.

“What do you hear?”

Yunho is thinking a bit. “It’s not something that everyone can accept.” Yunho opens his eyes, looks at Changmin who still shut his eyes. It just ordinary guy who must give up many things in his life because his family, but why he can brings so many emotion on his life? “If you shut your eyes longer, you might fall asleep” says Yunho in which Changmin opens his eyes only to be greeted with Yunho’s smile.

“You don’t feel comfort sleeping here?” Changmin asks.

There is slight of changing expression on Yunho’s face just now, “Why ask that?”

Changmin blinks couple times, “Just… you don’t sleep here anymore. Last time is two days ago. Maybe it’s the bed?”

“No.” the problem he can’t sleep is not the bed, but Changmin or his own metal problem. “We ever sleep together in weird position and I got pain on my neck and back in the morning but I was sleeping.”

There are things weird on that sentence Changmin successfully catch. “We? Sleep together? Weird position? When?” He mouthed that with confuse smearing his face. He sure he is not moving that much when he sleeps. At least he still has his body on the bed.

Yunho pulls of one of the earphones; Changmin swears he can hear noisy from it. Rock music? Nope, it’s probably something louder. He turn off his music before pulling another from his ear, he talks not looking at Changmin direction. “You won’t remember that. It was in college, after Kangin-ssi brought you back to our apartment. You were drunk and we must help you laid on your bed. I was meant to turn off the light beside your bed but you grabbed me and ordered me to stay and join you to bed. And so I stayed; lay on your bed too. The bed is not big enough for us so…” Yunho ends it with shrugged, leave the rest for Changmn to imagine.

The taller’s eyes can’t grew wider. They ever sleep together on a single bed? His bed back in college? And it can fit both of them? Their body must be very close. Wait. It’s impossible if they’re not touching. “How?” Yunho looks at Changmin. “The position? It wouldn’t fit us!” can’t imagine at all. His brain almost explodes.

“It fitted. Because you hugged me; my waist… and I was half lay half sit. Even one of your feet is on mine.” How come Yunho can talk about it like it only happened last night? Changmin doesn’t know should regret for not remember that oh so wonderful moment, if only he have that memory or feeling embarrassed for became a burden to Yunho.

 

 

 

It’s been long time since last time he came here. He found this place with his friend. Changmin is here to see that friend. Good thing his friend comes on time, remembering that he usually so strict about food. They greets each other like usual way back then, “You get thinner…” his friend comments after they hugs shortly. Changmin gives a smile in return. “Let’s get in!” Changmin says. Yunho has informed him this morning that he’s not going to sleep on Changmin’s apartment, so he can have dinner outside.

It just a simple potato soup restaurant, but his friend likes to make this place for both of them only. There are things that this friend want to keep between them only, although they have similar friends since they now each other for long time; that must be 15 years ago. He doesn’t complain about his friend’s request for not spreads about this place to their friends or date, he just like the food after all. “How’s college?” Changmin asks first after they seated.

“I think I know what you felt last year. Depressed. Thesis”

Changmin smiles “Bummie, you can make it! You just need motivation”

“Yeah, I know. I surprised how you endure that” He’s not bad but nothing special.

“That’s because I need to graduate soon”

Kibum folds his hand on the table, “How’s your family?”

“Pretty good. I just don’t know where my father is now, last week he visited me” and it wasn’t good.

Kibum knows. He always knows. And so he is worrying about his friend family’s life. He knows them since very young age. Such a great family if he has to comment. He likes them and yes he knows how Changmin must work hard to support his family’s life and pay the loan. His father was running and hides somewhere but Changmin can’t run. He needs to work. “I miss your mother’s cook”

“Me too… sometimes” his personal chef showed up weeks ago on his door. He no longer really misses his mother’s cook. “How’s Kangin?”

“Don’t worry about him. He aims new goal.” He is mimicking Kangin exactly like what he usually expresses with hand gestures.

“From how you said that, it sounds like he has find a girl”

Kibum is pointing. “Yes, that! He is motivated to graduate, find a job and marry”

“He always simple and easy to read”

They laugh. “So, Changmin-ah! What’s the problem till you need this handsome and smart man to help?” Their orders come.

“Cold face is what I’m agreed. Can you tell me anything about Choi group?”

Kibum shows obvious frown. They can always go to main problem, he surprised for the topic only. If Changmin is interested to those damn rich classes he can understand, but he never interested at all. And Choi group is meant that Choi family which is so damn rich. “Why?”

“They give me scholar, remember?”

“Yes, but I think you have no problem with them since they’re so out of reach?”

Changmin stirrings his soup “How you explain that ‘out of reach’ thing?”

“The information is close to zero. Not that they haven’t at all but even rarely attends party.”

“Then just give me that few things. There is something fishy happened in the company I worked at.”

Kibum gives him a mocking smirk. “Don’t play with fire, man! Even if it’s only your manager, he has enough power to destroy you.”

“But it wasn’t him give me scholar right? It was that Choi family” Changmin repeating Yunho’s words to him.

Kibum stares at him with unreadable expression. Changmin wait for his response. “Are you hoping for something?”

“Honesty, I’m not fond of this job, but they give me something so I want to pay back”

Kibum silents, picking his words. “You know? I hate rich people, I mean those damn rich people”

He knows it a while ago, but Kibum never really brings it so he didn’t ask. “I know. You ever mentioned to me, but you never really tell me the reason. Perhaps now?”

Kibum also thinks this is the right time. He has secreted this too long. Now that Changmin seemingly has and will have problems with those peoples he hates, he can tell his bestfriend. “They took away my brother” Kibum gives sad eyes, but it’s not easy for Changmin to register in instant. N mere seconds questions are all over Changmin’s face. “You ever met my brother, don’t you?” Sure, Changmin even thinks he is such a cool brother. “I lost my parents when I was 8, remember? My brother was 15 that time. My Dad was work for a rich family and after my parent funeral, that man came to us” Kibum squeezes his spoon so hard his knuckles turn white. He loses both of his parents in accident but there is something not right, like a murder or suicide. Changmin never seen Kibum like this. It was indeed something that really makes him angry. “He said he’s going to take care of us. He was, at first, but 6 months after, my brother said it was better if I lived with my parent friend. I always questioning that.” he pauses, “My brother said he is working to that man. He was and sent money to me every month. But you know what? That man! He my brother”

“What?” it makes him stops eating.

“He him and uses him ually. That man sells my brother to those rich women, who can’t get much of their need fulfilled, physically. My brother told me that. He got information in return from those women and sometimes man, which some of it he passed to that man he passed all to me.”

“For?”

“So one day I can take revenge to those upperclassmen. He prepares me. He even encourages me to take business. At least, if I can get in to one of those companies, I can get earlier promotion” It scary smirk that Kibum shows to Changmin. Behind that cold face, Kibum has ambition. “Don’t worry. Feels sad because I can do nothing for my brother but he told me to brush off that feeling. Sadly Changmin-ah, Choi is one of rich family which I have no information at all. They’re too clean. I didn’t ever hear about ual scandal. Maybe they can cover it well or really just… clean.”

“Can you find me their home? I just want to tell them directly. No one I can trust in that company.”

“Mm… I can get some addresses, perhaps. Rich peoples always have more than one mansion and there are villas abroad.”

“Sorry” He mouthed that because it’ll be burden for Kibum to search things.

“I have no problem with that Choi”

“Bummie, why you tell me now?”

“I consider myself lucky. I had no relation with those rich peoples, directly. Unlucky for you, two rich people who use their money to suffer you were your own friend. You know right? It was Jaejoong who made your father’s company bankrupt. The other one offered you his hand and want something in return”, Sly smile.

“I just don’t know he has feels for me, okay. I won’t take it and let him own me”

“I know he likes… loves you since junior high school. That’s why he threatened your girlfriends back then, to makes you break up” Kibum knows, but afraid if Changmin misunderstood so he let it happened.

Girlfriends, it’s not just one, meant it happened to every girl he ever court. “You know the problem. He thinks I’m interested on girls only”

Kibum almost chokes on his soup, “Which is silly since your first crush is our Junior High School P.E teacher. Too bad he got marry 3 months after you told me you liked him. You said you don’t want to like man anymore”

“Hey! I dated my exes because I like them okay? We even make out and I got ”

”I’m lucky you never like me”

“It’s not I attracted to everyone I see”

“You still like him? Your ex roommate?” Kibum knows Changmin likes him. After Yunho gone, Changmin changes. Not that it’s clear enough in other’s eyes but he knows Changmin longer than anyone, so when Kibum asked him frontally, Changmin confessed that he has feels for Yunho. And Kibum can see how deep Changmin falls. He has fall too deep no one can pull him out.

Kibum doesn’t know yet that Changmin has met Yunho again. “Yes” he has no hesitates in his words but he has a slight blush. If Kibum knows about Yunho, he might make fun of it.

“I’m not blaming you for liking your friend’s boyfriend. It can happen to anyone. You were not plan to make him your, do you?” he thinks Jaejoong overreacted that time by yelling, blaming and almost hurting Changmin.

“I haven’t told you one thing. Jaejoong was threatening Yunho to courting him. He doesn’t love Jaejoong”

“What? So Jaejoong make you bankrupt because of you know this? That’s real ridiculous. Yunho even left you. He can’t put all the blame on you” He upsetting suddenly, see, rich peoples always think they can buy anything and feels have more power that they can use to suffers ordinary peoples like them.

“He can. I helped to dismiss the things Jaejoong used to blackmail Yunho. Jaejoong probably guessed that.” Kibum looks at him like he’s growing another head. “I did that before I realized I love him.” he adds.

“You really love him… Okay… I guess time to move on, find someone and marry!” Kibum pauses before continues after seeing expression on his best friend’s face.  “You’re not planning to stick Yunho on your head till world ends, do you?” he looks at his best friend suspiciously.

“No… I’ve plan to move on” Kibum waits; there is continuity on that words. “If I cannot see him again”

Kibum just hopes Changmin can moves on so he can get happiness. “I… We ever heard rumor, I did… that Yunho is working by selling his body”

“I don’t believe it. He never smelled like ”

“Listen, Changmin! Even if he really worked that way, I won’t judge him. My brother work like that. You know him more than anyone in college. It just happened that our junior in school which happened to be his fans took the picture of someone that looks like him… with an older woman” And she told Kibum and Changmin only, she swears. The rumor is not clearly mention Yunho, it was only a student in their college is probably a . And the pictures that were put on some corner on their business building and spread up on social media also blurred from neck up. The girl has told them that it wasn’t her spread the pictures.

“Look like, it can be not him” Those pictures successfully made him assumes Yunho works that way. He has some of those pictures (someone sent him privately), Yunho’s face is seen but the woman is not, only from the outfit that they judged it must be an older woman. Those are not targeting all of business student, it was meant for him. However now he knows that Yunho afraid of mass and it’s not like he can handle every people’s touch. But the man in the pictures does look like Yunho. He guess he know who spread the rumor. He is the same person that always disturbing his relationship and the person that offers to saves his family from this suffering.

“You don’t know Yunho’s whole life”

“I know I don’t”

“Just move on! It’ll be better for you. Jaejoong looked for him but can’t find Yunho. If he can’t, you had no chance at all” Who doesn’t know Jaejoong; A rich heir that has a sick obsession. Changmin remains the same, he already finds Yunho, not going to boasting about it now.

 

 

They end their short meeting. Kibum promises he’ll send the addresses as soon as possible. “Kibum! Why don’t you tell me about your brother earlier?” Changmin asks when they’re out.

“My brother told me that it’s not good to make our friend hate someone just because I hate the person. Besides, I don’t want to die young just for showing my hate.”

“Don’t you think you’re I trouble if they know you see me?”

“No” He confidently answers. “We’re friends and they know it. And as long as I act stupid for not knowing what happened, I can keep my head on”

Changmin chuckles now. “You even use your life as joke.”

”You don’t need to worry about me” Kibum smiles. He’s not the one with monetary problem anyway.

 

 

 

It’s been two weeks since Changmin sees Kibum. Yunho sleepover (or should be lay his body for he always wake up) on Changmin’s apartment; except for weekend. He keeps said there are things he needs to do even the fact is he want to have real sleep in his apartment. Changmin can’t ask more.

He relieves because he finally do something for the company. He sent copies of suspecting document and transaction to every Choi address Kibum can find. Now if none of those documents read by the company owner, he won’t do anything. He has try and after fulfill the scholar-work agreement with Choi Company’ he’ll find new job. Even if he heard that Choi’s wages is one of the biggest.

He goes home after stay late at his office. He needs to finish new plans with other coworkers. Changmin know he should feel tired right now but he also in good mood. So when he step out from last bus, he takes further way. He rarely passes this way since it’s further and a little bit darker. It’s so silent he can hear dog barking from a far. But then when he is so close to that broken street light which keeps on and off every second, he hears steps approach him, from his front and from behind. They’re appearing, 2 men behind him and 2 men in front of him. They all wears black clothes and surgery mask. What’s this? He asks his self. There are only 2 options in his head, robbery or these peoples are hired by someone to shut his mouth about Choi Company.

It can means beaten badly or die. He doesn’t want to think about 2nd option not when Yunho is so close to him. A man behind him kicks him but he can avoid it pretty well. Sadly he doesn’t see other man also attacks him, with knife. Changmin who realizes this at last time reflex raises his hand. His palm cuts and bloods start flowing from the wound, but at least he can avoid vital area. Yunho. He screams on his head. Next voice is a scream for real.

There is someone grabs the back of one of the attacker’s collar; pulls him in strong force and the man besides him get a kick on face, the surgery mask now has red colors on it, blood apparently from broken nose. ‘Get off!” Those words are said in low dark tone, but attackers have more confident. 4 vs. 1. The person with knife makes his move and Yunho holds the hand and spins it to other direction. “You dare to make him bleeding?” it’s too late to back off now. This young man is expert and he is terribly mad.

Changmin stilled on his place. He can’t even feel the pain from his wounded palm. He never sees Yunho in this state before. That young man is truly mad; gives the attackers so many bruised. “Who send you?” Changmin snapped by Yunho’s interrogating. Knows that he won’t save, the attacker give a name. A name that makes Changmin’s eyes gets bigger in few seconds. He knows that name; it was the name of his used to be friend’s right hand. It is Kyuhyun sends them. It’s only two weeks since he talked about Jaejoong and what Kyuhyun done in the past to make Changmin his. He thought Kyu would only pushes him till he had no option but to take that offer and marry him, not hurt him like this.

After gets a name, Yunho release them. He’ll search that people later. Those attackers pretty smart to know this is their only chance. Who knows this mad young guy will kill them for being too slow. Even so with numerous bruised and pain, they hardly run.

Yunho approach Changmin with worry hardly hidden from his face. “Changminie…” it’s weird that he can only focus on that call; totally immersed on it that he forget about the broken friendship with Kyuhyun. Changminie. He likes it when it comes out from Yunho’s mouth rather than Changmin-hyung. “Come on!” They walk side to side to Changmin’s apartment. Changmin holds the back of wounded palm with other hand. Yunho hands are on Changmin’s arm and back, guides and protects him at same time; never once his awareness lessen.

 

Yunho takes care of the wounds right after they reach apartment. He has checked it before and it doesn’t need doctor, he can handle this. Changmin consider him very lucky; the wound is not deep and Yunho can take care of cut wound well. The knife wound the edge of his palm, under his pinky finger. Even so, he feels something unusual from Yunho’s gaze towards his hand. It is sort of sad… and disappointment. “Its fine” Changmin says, hopes that he’ll able to brush that gaze away from pair of eyes he likes.

“No, it’s not!” Yunho says calmly, as calm as he can be.

“It’s not that hurt” Changmin tries again.

“I know how cut wounds feel like” his voice raised a bit.

Changmin notice the weird tone Yunho uses and he keeps trying to calming Yunho down. “It’ll heal in few days”

And Yunho snarls, with mocking tone. “And leave scar!” Yunho says that while looking at Changmin’s eyes, like he ready to have starring competition. In next second, Yunho breaks the gaze he looks to the side, sigh escapes. “It’s not that” he speaks with calmer tone but he still suppress the grudge inside. “I don’t want you hurt” And then Yunho tries to rearrange those words. “It’s… I don’t like it. Don’t get hurt like that ever again!” He continues, “Little scratch from cooking or small bruise of clumsiness is okay, but not like that!” That nearly dies thing.

Changmin is unsure why it feels like he is the one to sooths Yunho down. “They would only takes my money”

”You don’t know what they can do”. Yunho scoffs. Changmin knows he doesn’t know what limit that Kyu puts for him.

“It’s okay… I’ll be more careful…” but it’s nothing to do with careful.

Yunho takes Changmin’s health hand and kisses his palm, shaking a bit. He even takes a deep breath; make sure to take as much as possible of Changmin’s scent. Changmin is so surprised by Yunho’s action, his palm make contact with Yunho’s face.  It’s the first time Yunho shows how much he afraid to lose him. Changmin slowly raises his wounded hand to Yunho’s hand. Hesitating, remembering the rejection he might get. His previous innocent touches are not ended usual way, more harshly. What if he still has that awareness level towards him?

So he touches his long hair and slowly brushing his cheek, lightly, too light for Changmin liking but he can’t scare Yunho. Conscious or unconscious, Yunho leans forward and resting his forehead to Changmin’s shoulder still holding Changmin’s health hand close to his chest, makes the taller heart jumped from its ribcage. It is a kind of good surprise. Yunho is look like 5 years old again; like a scared little boy seeking comfort from his parents.

Yunho is afraid if something bad happen to Changmin and yeah, Changmin is sure that it’s the reason of Yunho’s behavior. So he encourages his self to do more daring action, even though it’s not something intimate or lust filled moves. Changmin is caressing Yunho’s side head. He wants this time to stop, but that sound, destroy all.

Kkkkkrrr…

“You hungry” Yunho says, abruptly raises his head and sits straightly. “Now you get shower! Let’s have meal after that.” His voice soft and Changmin knows it means he has to do what Yunho’s tell to calm him because hell, he feels like fly in the air.

 

Yunho becomes protective; he keeps asking if Changmin can use chopsticks and spoon. Changmin assures him that the wound is not that deep but long. They sleep, but Yunho’s mind is too contented with something and he can’t sleep at all. Unlike others night when he can’t sleep because he worries if Changmin does something to him if he fall asleep (which only once scene happen, when Changmin confess and kiss him – nothing more).

This night he can’t sleep because he keeps thinking about what was happen in last few hours. About the attacks on Changmin, the attackers or the name mentioned by those peoples, the person who targeting Changmin, about Changmin safety because last few hours proofs that he’s in danger and about something else. Something different. It’s about him and his foster parents.

After he takes care of Changmin’s wounds and successfully pushes Changmin to bathroom, Yunho washes his face to loosen the tense he just get, not from the fighting he has experienced it times and okay with that. He catch the sight of his wet face in the mirror on that small room, his mouth opened from loud breathes steadied slowly. And there he saw same expression of two people who raised him, his uncle and aunt. No, they’re his parents. They pour their love to him. The expression is what he saw years ago after survived from his nearly dead, when he opened his eyes in ICU after attempted on suicide. It’s relieves but also anxious. He? Feels anxious because of someone outside his family? Even he never feels his heart shaken like this before.

Yunho sits abruptly when he realizes this. Changmin who sleeps besides him opens his eyes a bit. “You’re not sleep?” he asks, voice hoarse and sleepy.

“Am I disturbing you? Sleep again, okay?” he says to Changmin and the later just back to sleep. Yunho in the other hand takes his phone and start texting some peoples.

 

 

 

 

 

 

So it’s Kyu… I’m not hate him at all, I just want to made variation because he and Min are friend. And it’s been decide from the beginning.. So for those who asked about who sends the picture of Min's GF, here the answers.

Finally I put this attacking and anxious Yunho, been writes about it sometime ago before I post the foreword part, edited this times and now present this for you all… (deadline) how? Tell me… I mean comment please?