At the edge of trust

Journey to find 'Home'

Changmin goes home with Yunho; nothing happen between them but Changmin can feel heat lingers on the place where Yunho patted him. A text from unknown number comes to his phone. ‘Is this what she does all night?’ The text makes Changmin confuse, but soon another message comes, a photo of his girlfriend holding hand with an unknown male. And another text comes, this time the place where Changmin can prove the previous messages.

Burned with jealousy, Changmin grabs his jacket and dashes to the place. Yunho hear the door closed in loud when he gets out from bathroom. What the hell? He mentally thinks; can’t find his roommates, he wonder how Changmin can be that harsh. It must be something that makes him angry. Yunho remember to the photo he finds earlier, slipped under the couch. He guessed it must be the inside of that package sends to Changmin that day. And so now must be the same thing. He must love that girl a lot.

Yunho only stares at that photos and find something interesting. He has to know about this. He smiles and change his face expression immediately, he bite his bottom lip in hesitation. Should he really do this? It will make him get further to Changmin’s life. And it’s not something he wants. Keep put on some distance Yunho! He reminds himself. Having traumatic scene on his life, it is not easy to have deals with all of them. Of course it makes him hard to put on his trust. Firstly, he thinks that Changmin has asks him to watch movie with him to set him with Jaejoong.

It’s not that he knows Jaejoong at the café that day. He already knows him before, long time before. They know each other and he pretends he doesn’t know him. They had share great time and nice memories long time before. Luckily the older also pretend not knowing Yunho before. Before their official accidental meet in café, Yunho know that Jaejoong already stalk him. Jaejoong wants Yunho, and he knows it. But for now he can’t face Jaejoong frontally.

Yunho finally goes to his room and doing his assignment. It’s never takes long time for a genius like him to finish them. He even has time to checks email. There are some, from his friends, and of course from his cousin. Two cousins who make him like having a twin and a younger brother, which is sometimes annoying.

Hyung, we miss you! Let us visit you! (pledge) (>o<)

Two identical emails from two different address, they must sent them together, Yunho silently think. After some silent debates where Yunho rejected their offer to visit him in apartment since they’re too worry, Yunho threats them with no meeting next month.

Right after he sends it, he hears the front door open. There is unusual sound and he checks only to find Kangin stumbles try his best to prevent Changmin from falling. Quickly, Yunho helps him. “What happened?” Yunho asks Kangin while circling one of Changmin’s hands on his shoulder. He smells alcohol.

“Drunk! What the hell has possessed him? The owner called me telling one of my friend get real drunk. I didn’t expect to see Changmin, but...” Kangin complains while both of them drag Changmin to his bed, Yunho barely registered his words.

“He always likes this?” Yunho asks without look at Kangin, he still focuses on Changmin.

“He likes to drink alone, but to be this drunk? Never. I leave now, you can take care the rest?”

“Sure”

 

After Kangin leaves, Yunho gets in to Changmin’s room. He looks at his roommate. He takes care of him anyway. Put off Changmin’s shoes and jacket (with much struggle) and cover him with blanket. Yunho catches something with the corner of his eyes. More photos of Changmin’s girlfriend are on the table. “She must be very happy to get a man who loves her so much” No answer of course. Yunho smiles, a pure one, not his usual fake smile he always showed when working. He means to leaves Changmin who has a tomato red face. He has turn off the light and means to adjust the blankets when he gets a grabs on his sleeve. “Stay!” it sounds like order.

“You are not in good state” Yunho says, but the hand is not only grabs his sleeve, it grips on his hand tightly and also pulls him makes him stumble a bit. Yunho looks at him while thinking, Changmin swift a bit, gives room for Yunho on his single bed. A pair of drunken eyes looks at Yunho at the eyes, pledging. Those dry lips also pout cutely. Yunho screwed his eyes with so much strength. “I must have been crazy”. He says loud and quite harsh, but definitely he notices smile that painted Changmin’s lips. Yunho sits on the bed, near the headboard at first but the two round eyes still looks at him like waiting for something. Yunho curse “I hope I’m not regretting this”. Now his foots are on the bed too and soon Changmin circling his hand on Yunho waist, nuzzling on the side of his stomach and then sleeps. Yunho can’t lay his head since his waist is near Changmin’s upper body, so he resting his head on the headboard. Maybe he won’t sleep this night.

He’s way too far from his home, his ‘parents’ and his ‘twin’ cousin is not here so why does he have to babysit a man? God, He is 2 years older than him. Remembers how he caught his ‘twin’ drunk for first time, it all mess and he has to tie him to the bed after wrestling to pinned him down, alone. This one is absolutely nothing compared to that. Unconscious Changmin, he considered this as a good thing because he won’t be able to stay in one bed and not even the same bedroom if Changmin conscious. His cousin is really going to kill Changmin if they know this happened.

He’s tired from work but even with this sleeping big baby, he can’t help but to aware if the baby is wake anytime soon. Great, he has this silly mind all over his head. He need sleep but not like this. So he take a pile of paper on the bed post, reads whatever is it which turns out to be a paper of Economic all management and business plans. It should be something for Changmin’s assignment and eventually Yunho is getting quite excited about this. He is too engrossed on his reading even missed when Changmin crossed his foot on Yunho’s.

 

 

The next day, Changmin wakes up with unbearable headache. He tries to sits down on his bed but a moment after he lay again. Squishing his head with one hand, he managed to take his phone with other. It Sunday, and he got 7 messages; 2 from Yoona, 3 from Kyuhyun, 1 from Kibum and 1 from Kangin. He reads messages from Kangin right away. It’s quite rare to receive attention from that guy.

You owe me, idiot!

So it must Kangin who takes him home. Ignoring other messages, he tries again to wake from his bed. Success this time, he makes his way to bathroom. Minutes after, he gets out with a towel on his head. He makes coffee and finds messages on the table.

I’ve prepare something

Yunho had cooked something for him. The younger one seems to care a lot about his meal or health; which Changmin still can’t understand until now. Yunho always looks careless, but he shows that he cares with his action.

Why should he think about me like that? That cold guy

 He finds food he only needs to warm up. He doesn’t remember how he strangled Yunho last night.

After eating, Changmin takes his phone and reads all of the messages. There’s nothing special from Kyuhyun or even Yoona. He replies to Yoona’s only

Where were you going yesterday?

A message comes after 20 minutes.

I have something to do with my friends remember? Are you okay? You don’t get sick, do you?

Yoona still concern to Changmin’s condition, but Changmin still want to make sure. Will she lie to him or not.

What friend? Male? And you go just the two of you?

The answer comes in less a minute.

I don’t understand. I had something to do with girls.

Changmin sends her a picture he takes yesterday. And he got a message 5 minutes after.

I can explain

Yoona tries to call Changmin but he doesn’t pick up. After her second call, Changmin turns off his phone. He doesn’t want to hear anything right now. Betrayal, that’s all he feel right now. For each trust he put on her. It feels hurt. And only gets worse by the alcohol he took last night.

 

 

Yunho goes back to his apartment when it’s already dark. He cursed himself from falling asleep on Changmin side with awkward position. He couldn’t lay his head properly and the fact that two of them almost too big to be able to fit on a sigle bed. Wonder how none of them fell from bed. He still surprised how he wasn’t freak out when he finds Changmin’s head as the first thing he saw this morning; almost touching his. His neck is in pain. At least until noon he has hot patch on his neck and back. The more surprising thing is he is not having that crippling nightmare like the usual night.

He comes with slight of tiredness and worried on his face. But his cold face reappears right on his first step to living room. Seeing Changmin sits on the sofa. His finger constantly hit the remote and his eyes unfocused. DEPRESSED is written all over Changmin’s face. “You’ve eat?” Yunho words successfully make Changmin’s soul back to its shell. Changmin smile, a bitter one in Yunho’s eyes. Actually it is a warm smile, but Yunho knows what lies behind. “I’ve eat your cook”

“You hadn’t eat dinner, I guess”

“Ah, I should make it. Sorry, I’ll do it now”

“No, wait!” Yunho blocks Changmin’s way to kitchen “Let’s order something. My treat. Order anything you want” Yunho insists.

 

In 40 minutes or so, their order has come. Not an ordinary portion. Yunho makes Changmin order food for 3 people add with his own order; it’s like 4 people eat together.

Yunho prepares almost everything and Changmin sits without looking at his food, almost loses in his own world. Think it might be the right time to return what Changmin’s. “I think it must be yours” Yunho almost swings the picture in front of Changmin’s eyes, gathered his attention. Only a second after, he snatches the picture. His face hardened, nearly angry. Knows exactly of what he done, Yunho stays calm, innocent look. “Sorry” Yunho continue “I didn’t mean to keep it, but it almost faked me” His eyes look honest.

“Fake what?” Changmin manages to asks, his voice is somehow a bit shaky.

“It was photoshoped, it was a tricked photos, right?” Yunho asks while takes kimchi with chopstick.

“What?” Changmin’s brain is finding it energy source “Wait! Explain me!” his hand grab Yunho’s tightly. He doesn’t mind, really. He only surprises to know the strength. He stays calm like it’s nothing.

“Yeah, it’s not come from one scene. See this?” Yunho says while pointing few spots on the picture.

“Are you certain?” Changmin eyes look a bit of worried. He is afraid if Yunho lies to him. But he is not in the position to argue. Someone who has blinded with jealousy like him should listen to rational explanation.

“Of course” Yunho shrugged.

“Wait here!” he orders like Yunho can leaves the apartment whenever. Changmin quickly grabs the rest of the picture “How about these?”

Yunho explore the picture with his almond shape eyes, “… No differences, I guess. There are so many of it. Must be wasting lots time” Yunho shows no curiosity at all, totally act careless.

“Yeah…” Changmin feels lighter, concencrating on those silly pictures again. The knot in his chest has loose. “It must be… thanks…” The last word is like a whisper, Yunho hear it anyway but he pretends not hear a thing. After sometime collecting his mind and smiling dumbfounded, Changmin sits back and eats his whole 3 people portion. He even doesn’t aware of a pair of eyes watching him when he eats; A pair of eyes from the person in front of him who smile secretly and feels relieve.

 

After eat Changmin text Yoona. Let’s meet tomorrow.