Leaving Busan

Love in Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"There's no way. This isn't happening." I thought to myself as I sit in the Emergency waiting room. My brother is hugging me tightly. I sit here with teary eyes waiting to hear the news. Finally the doors open. The doctor slowly walks towards us. With regretful eyes he tells us the hurtful truth. He apologizes. It makes no difference to me. I drop to my knees. Gripping onto my brother's sleeve, who was standing there lifelessly. Breathing becomes harder. My throat feels clogged. My eyes become blurry and watery. Nonstop I begin to weep. I look up to my brother. He stood there with his head down. Face full with tears dripping down his cheeks. He was crying quietly while I was wailing and screaming. His face twitched and he swallowed hard one after another. I seen the doctor put his hand onto my brother's shoulder. He patted it lightly as his eyes closed in sorrow. My brother lifted his head up and looked at the doctor. 

"I'm okay" he mouthed. The doctor nodded. 

"Sure you are." He moved closer to my brother and hugged him. Then he looked down at me. He was tall. Very tall. He reached out his hand towards me. I stared at it for a while. I became silent for a moment. My throat felt like it closed. I held his hand and he helped me up. "I'm really sorry for your lost. Truly sorry." He patted my brother's shoulder one last time. Then he patted my head. 

"You can go. We'll be okay." My brother stated. The doctor nodded understandingly then walked away. I watched as he walked away. His large body. Extremely tall with wide broad shoulders in the white doctor's gown. I looked at my brother who continued to cry silently, looking away from me. 

"Oppa." I said with a raspy voice. I grabbed his hand tightly. Seeing my brother made me lose the strength in my legs. They gave in and I fell again. My brother grabbed me before I fell. He looked me in the eyes. 

"We'll be okay. They're in a better place. I'll take care of you okay?" He pulled me towards him and gave me a warm hug. We cried in each others arms. "Let's go. We need to prepare everything for the funeral." He sniffled and got up as he pulled me with him. He put his arms around me, supporting me and helping me walk. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We held the funeral. Many people came. All my parents colleagues and friends. Dresses in black. Me and Eric Oppa greeted people. Eric oppa held back on the crying. But I couldn't anymore. 

"Oppa. I'm going to go use the bathroom real quick." I whispered. He nodded and continued greeting guests. I walked slouched down towards the stairs. I sat down on the stairs and cried out. 

"Umma. Appa." I whispered, breathing heavily. "Why... why did you leave me like this?" I sat there alone, crying to myself. Wondering what was going to happen now. How am I suppose to live without my parents. The thought made me cry even harder. Suddenly a warm hand was placed on my shoulder. I turned to see the doctor. Not in a doctor's gown this time. He bowed his head and handed me a handkerchief. 

"It'll be okay." He said with a deep yet gentle voice. I took the handkerchief and he smiled. He quietly then walked away. 

"Where did he come from?" I thought to myself. I wiped my face then walked back to my brother. He was with the doctor. They seemed close. I hurriedly went to find out. 

"Oh. Sophia. This is my friend. Sung Si Kyung." I looked at him and bowed. He returned the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter