Meeting the Choi's

Finally A Break

Aliyah it's almost 9" he called from downstairs. "Coming!! Have you seen my hazel contacts?" 

"Your natural brown eyes are beautiful" 

"Okay I'm coming" I walked downstairs with a black top , purple skirt,  black boots,  and a leather jacket. I even straightened my hair..maybe I'd blend in with everyone tonight. I notices JunHong's stares, "How do I look?"

"Woah" is all he managed.

I took his hand in mine as we left. 

[At the party]

I walked into the big building,  it was beautifully decorated. A few male cousins of his came over and then a big crowd began to form around us. I wheezled my way out of the crowd and to a table to sit. The males in his family are all tall and most of them are handsome. I wonder which-

My thoughts we're cut off when I seen a hand in front of me. I think he was asking to dance. I took his hand and we danced for a few minutes until I felt myself spin into Junhong. "Where'd you go?" He asked. 

"To a seat. There were a lot of people around so I got shy and claustrophobic" 

"Oh. Those guys are my cousins."

"Oh okay. They're handsome like you. But you're cuter" I giggled. That earned me a few pecks on the lips but it felt weird because it was like I could feel someone watching. When I looked around,  there actually was. She was actually coming our way. "Junhong,  my baby" she squealed. He embraced her in a hug "hi grandma" he spoke."And who are you Gorgeous?" She turned to me. "I'm Aliyah,  nice to meet you" I spoke in Korean to her. "Awwe her accent is so cute" she said,  looking at him. And pulling me into a hug. I hugged her,  wow she's so cute. I think I love her already. After we broke the hug "Grandma, that's my girlfriend" he said, then man that kinda looked like Junhong came over too. He gave Junhong a pat on the back and looked straight at me. "Ooh who are you?" He asked. "Grandpa that's my girlfriend , Aliyah". I smiled. "Aliyah?  Nice name. She a beautiful young lady" , then Grandpa Choi kissed my hand. I blushed "Thank you". 

-10 o'clock-

Junhong left to go to the bathroom and next thing I know,  there's a crowd of men around me asking questions. "How old are you?" , "what's your name?" , "who'd you come here with?" . I started to answer the questions till Junseo came and put his arm around me. "Back off the kid. She's and also Junhong's." He said while sipping his beer. "Thanks but get the hell off of me" , they all laughed at my rudeness. "I'm helping you kid" , "I'm 18 in a few weeks so.. " 

Me and Junseo seemed to be entertainment. A pretty girl came over , she was really short like me but a few inches taller. "I wanna see" she said while pushing past them all. The crowd kinda dispursed after Junnie came back from the bathroom while I was talking to the girl. Her name is Ellie and she's an older cousin of his. She's really nice and funny. She smacks Junseo around too. 

[11pm]

Its dinner time and I'm starving. I took a seat next to Junhong and Junseo.

I picked over some things on my plate like certain vegetables and certain meats that I'm not a fan of. 

"Don't like it?" His mom asked. "Not really,  I'm not a big fan of that"

"Hmm. Okay kid" she finished hers. I feel like this is just going terrible. First she scolds me about the outfit and now this. 

"Why'd you straighten it?" Junseo asked. He knew exactly why so I stepped on his foot under the table "I wanted to"

"Thats how you talk to your elders?" His mom butted in. I just sighed instead of saying anything. "I'll be back" Junseo left and came back with a baby. The baby had blue eyes..

He sat with the crying baby,  I suggested to take him off his hands. The baby actually stopped crying. 

"Where's Tori? She didn't stop by to say hi. I'm a fan of her blue eyes and blonde hair" 

"No mom. I told you,  we broke up. I don't want to talk about it" 

"She's white? " I asked. "Yeah". 

"Junhong where's your friend Joy? She's adorable" his mom asked. I honestly don't like a Joy because I know she's close with him,  they went to school together , and I'm not a fan of Red Velvet. No matter what I do or try Mrs Choi seems to hate me and I'm on the verge of tears. Its not fair. I try my best to impress her but it don't work. I don't have pale skin,  small eyes or blue eyes. I gave Junseo the baby to step outside. I needed fresh air. Junhong followed. I felt the silent tears falling fast. He hugged me "don't cry". "Don't cry? Thats all you can say. No matter what I say or do I get scolded for it. My outfit,  the way I talk, and then she even brings up other girls in my face. I'm guessing that she don't like me because I'm not a white girl or I'm not the average Korean girl. And then.. you never stop it , you just let her talk to me like that. Maybe we we're better as friends." 

"Wait,  what? Don't say that. I do care , I'm sorry."

I started walking "I'm going home"

He went back inside.

*junhong pov* 

"Thanks mom."

"What are you talking about?" She asked me.

"For ruining it. Now she's on the verge of breaking up with me 

Because of your judgments. You don't even know her enough to dislike her. She's everything to me. We're together and you're just gonna have to deal with it. Are you racist or something? And her name is not KID , it's Aliyah"

The room fell silent but I didn't even care.

"I'm not racist at all but watch your tone young man . I am your mother!"

Before I could respond , my grandma cut her off , "Minjae he's right! That nice young lady is beautiful and his happiness should be all that matters. From what I've witnessed , you've been nothing but rude to that baby all day. Junhong isn't a baby anymore he's growing up and his girlfriend makes him happy".

*End of Junhong pov/ Start of Aliyah pov*

I came in to get my wallet and phone and I heard Minnie say "I love Aliyah". My heart felt a little better , "I love you too Junhong". He turned around to see me smiling with red eyes and a red nose from crying. "Bro it's midnight. Kiss!" Junseo said , looking up from his watch. We shared a passionate kiss in front of his clapping family. I pulled away when I heard everyone shout "Happy New Year" and the baby laughing. 

[1am]

Everyone was leaving and going there separate ways for the night. Me and Junnie was on our way out until I heard somebody say "Aliyah , Junhong". It was his mom. "Yes?" I asked , expecting to get scolded once more. "I'm sorry for tonight , please forgive me." She bowed. "I do forgive you" I smiled