I'm back

What Is Pain?

Seungho’s POV

I looked up to the sight I had been yearning for since that faithful day. Min Jeong’s eyes were slightly open, and she was smiling at me, although weakly, it was still a smile, and it was more than I could ask for.

“Jeong ah~” I gasped, letting out the breath I had been unconsciously holding in.

“Hi~” She said weakly.

“Is this real?” I asked, jumping away and slapping myself.

“What are you doing?” She let out a slight pout.

“Is this real? Are you just coming to say goodbye and then you…” I could not bring myself to finish my words.

She shook her head, arm stretched out, gesturing me over.

I stared blankly at her hand. A million of thoughts washed over me. What if she turns into dust the moment I touch her? What if this was a last goodbye? What if this is a dream and the moment I have physical contact with her, I will awake?

“Where are you going?” She asked, tears glistering in her eyes.

I found myself backing away from her. I was scared. I was confused. I had no idea what is real and what is not anymore.

“I don’t want you to disappear.” I cried, backing away further.

“I wouldn’t.” She said.

“No. No. I… just no.” I choked on my tears.

“Be caref..” She did not manage to finish her words as I crashed into something behind me. My knees went weak and I collapsed onto the floor.

The door slammed open, revealing a worried looking Doojoon and Junhyung.

“What happ… Oh my god.” Doojoon’s question got cut short, replacing his worried expression was a shocked one.

“Get him out.” He said as he rushed over to where Min Jeong was.

I felt many pairs of hands on me, trying to drag me up but I had absolutely no control over my body.

“DON’T TOUCH ME!! DON’T TOUCH HER!! PLEASE!!!” I begged. I was a sobbing mess.

What is happening now is exactly what happened that day. They pulled her off me. They did not let me near her. Why? Is this all like how I thought it was? Did I break the dream by crashing into whatever that was behind me?

Yang Seungho, why can’t you do anything right?

“Calm down, hyung. Deep breaths. Calm down. It’s alright. Everything is okay. Calm down.” Junhyung said.

He was holding me tightly in his arms. I had no idea how it happened. I dug my fingers into his arm, trying to control myself. I could not breathe. It felt as if someone was closing their hand around my throat. I was choking on nothing. I let out loud, painful sobs.

Junhyung kept whispering encouraging words in my ears, trying to calm me down. I had no idea how long passed when I was finally able to breathe again.

“That’s right. Slow breath. You’re doing well.” Junhyung smiled at me.

“I am sorry.” I said, letting go off my grip on his arms. My nails had dug so deep into his arm that it tore his skin, leaving streaks of blood when I let go.

“I..” I felt so guilty.

“It’s okay. It’ll heal. I am not tofu. Besides, you know my boyfriend’s occupation, don’t you?” He said.

I fell back into his arms. He circled his arms around me, holding me close to him.

“She is fine. She will be. Everything will be fine.” He repeated like a spell. On first thought, it might seem as if he was trying to calm me down. But on deeper thought, perhaps he was trying to calm himself down too.

It felt like eternity before the door to Min Jeong’s room opened. Doojoon stepped out, looking really tired, but there was something missing in his expression. He looked almost happy.

“Go on in.” He said in a soft voice.

I stared blankly at him. What did he mean?

“Hey, go on in.” He said again, this time, taking my hand into his and pulling me up.

“Why..?” I choked out.

“What do you mean by why?” He asked, leading me into the room.

Min Jeong was sitting up. She looked really tired, but she was smiling widely, her arms opened wide, inviting me in.

I looked at her, and then at Doojoon who now had Junhyung buried in his chest.

“Is this real?” I asked, yet again.

“More than you can imagine.” He said.

“Oh my god!” I cried, letting myself run towards Min Jeong and falling into her arms.

I braced myself to expect her to turn into dust, but she did not. She was warm, and alive.

“How could you do this to me!? How could you!?” I cried hard into her chest.

“I’m sorry.” She said, caressing my back.

“What do you mean by you’re sorry? Is this all you can say!?” I threw a ridiculous tantrum.

“No. Of course not, silly.” She said, pushing my chin up slightly so I would be looking at her.

“I am sorry to put you through this, Seungho ah.” She said, wiping my tears that did not seem like they were going to stop flowing any time sooner.

“Thank you for holding on, and for being so strong.” She continued.

“I am back, Seungho ah~” All it took was that mere three words for me to start sobbing hard again.

But this time it was tears of joy. Pure joy. Because it was real. This is real.

“I think… I accidentally opened the dam I meant to close.” I heard her say, followed by lots of laughter.

Nothing bothered me. I was in her arms again. Her warmth engulfed me. This is all that matters.

Min Jeong’s POV

“Are you uncomfortable? Should we move him?” Doojoon asked.

“Nah, it’s fine.” I said, Seungho’s hair gently. He had fallen asleep while crying.

“I think he is in a more uncomfortable position that I am though.” I laughed.

He was sprawled out in a somewhat half standing position against me. I am quite surprised he had not fallen off despite being dead asleep.

“We could put him on the couch.” Junhyung said.

“Maybe later. For now, I think I am enjoying this.” I said.

“It’s really good to have you back, you know.” He said, his eyes still swollen from crying.

“It’s really good to be back too, you know.” I replied him.

“What happened there?” I asked when I saw deep red, angry imprints on his arms.

Doojoon’s doctor instinct took over him quickly. His eyes darted all over Junhyung, looking for the injury Junhyung tried to cover.

“It’s nothing.” Junhyung said, covering his arm.

“Let me see it!” Doojoon said sternly.

“It doesn’t even hurt.” Junhyung protested while Doojoon examined his arm.

“What happened?” I asked.

“Seungho hyung… He didn’t mean it. He didn’t even know what he was doing. He was hyperventilating.” He explained.

“I am sorry.” I apologized on behalf of Seungho.

Junhyung shook his head. Doojoon looked overly concerned.

“Let’s get this cleaned up.” Doojoon said gently.

“Yes, sir.” Junhyung smiled.

“We will come back in a bit. I will get the nurse to bring you something to eat. You have to eat, okay?” Doojoon said.

He is not Dr. Yoon now. He is my friend, Doojoon.

I nodded.

After the exited the room, my eyes fell onto the sleeping figure on my chest again.

I was admiring him sleeping when he suddenly let out a loud sob. I failed to hush him in time. He woke up and almost fell onto the floor. I could not hold in my laughter. He looked so cute with his red cheeks, messy hair and confused face.

“What?” He asked.

“Nothing. You’re cute.” I touched his cheeks. They were hot and had imprints of the buttons from my top he had been leaning on while asleep.

“Did I fall asleep?” He asked.

I nodded.

“Do you want to sleep more?” I asked, making space for him to curl up against me on the bed, in which he did, like a little puppy.

“I don’t want to sleep.” He said.

“Okay, then don’t.” I said, playing with his hair.

“Aeri and Heeri!” He jumped suddenly. I pulled him back down and held him tightly in my arms.

“They are being taken care of.” I said.

We enjoyed the quietness of each other’s company until I broke it.

“You know, I was almost gone. I almost… gave up.” I said.

I heard him whimpering softly, as though just the word ‘gone’ hurt him physically.

“I heard you sing, I heard you cry, I heard you telling me that it is okay. You were so strong although I know deep down you’re not only broken, you were shattered. But you stood tall. You did something I don’t think I could ever do. You let me go.” I said. I felt a stab in my heart just saying those words. I cannot imagine how he must have felt saying it.

“It was really brave of you.” I hold him tighter than I already was.

He shook his head, crying again.

“Darling, those words, they were the exact force that brought me back to life, back to you. You saved me. Thank you. I owe my life to you.” I said.

“I could never, never, never let you go, you know that, right?” He said, tightening his arms around my waist.

I sat up, pushing him backwards slightly. He looked surprised by my actions. Before he could ask me anything, before he could start crying again, I crashed my lips against him, indulging in a needy kiss.

When we pulled away, we were both out of breath. His lips were redder and more swollen than it already was thanks to my need for biting him over and over again.

“It’s been over a year, and you’re still so good. Who have you been practicing on?” I .

He let out a snort and rolled his eyes. Oh, Seungho, how I miss you!

“Come here~” I laughed, pulling him against me and kissing him again.

I could not help it. He was irresistible like that. 

***
Hi my lovelies, I apologize for procrastinating.
I hope you like this chapter as much as I like writing it for you :)