Blinded

What Is Pain?

Seungho's POV

I sat on my bed, still unable to process what just happened. I woke up not feeling Min Jeong next to me. I saw light coming from the living room, therefore I headed out, worried that she might be unwell or whatnot. Min Jeong usually sleeps through the night. She only wakes up when she does not feel well. When I got out, I did not see her, but instead was greeted by that heartbreaking sight. There were photos of myself as well as the other crew members in the carnival as well as detailed notes on us.

It suddenly hit me like a brick what has Min Jeong been doing all along. While I was angry, I wanted to hear from her why was she doing this to me. I did not want to assume anything. I just want to hear her tell me that I had it wrong, and that she was not lying to me. But she did not even try to explain herself.

I lied down, clutching the blanket tightly to my chest. I had no idea I was wailing so loudly until I felt a small palm on my shoulder. I looked up to find Aeri looking at me curiously. I tried to smile, but I ended up crying even harder. How am I going to explain to her that whatever happened in the past few months was not true? It was all a big, fat lie. How can I tell her that the Min Jeong she love so much probably have never loved her at all? This was all happening because of me.

"Appa...." She pouted, touching my face.

"I'm sorry." I cried.

She wiped my tears with her little fingers and climbed onto the bed, lying next to me, hugging me close to her. She rubbed my back like how I would rub hers to comfort her when she was crying.

When I woke up the next morning, Aeri was already up. She was playing with my hair while watching me sleep.

"Hey~" I called out, my voice hoarse.

"Appa." She smiled, leaning in to kiss me on my cheek.

"I love you."I said, pulling her into my embrace.

We lied in bed in that position for quite awhile. I did not want to go out and face whatever situation it was outside. Our silence was disrupted by an angry growl coming from Aeri's stomach.

"Opps." She giggled. So did I.

"My baby is hungry?" I asked.

She snuggled her face into my neck, embarrassed.

"Alright. Let's go." I said, still carrying her as I headed outside.

To say that I did not want to see Min Jeong outside would be a lie. Perhaps if she was outside, I could try to convince myself that whatever happened last night was most probably a bad dream. But Min Jeong, being her, would of course slap the truth in my face. It was pitch quiet outside. She had cleared everything in just one night. She had wiped off traces of her. It was like as if she never came into our life.

"Jeongieeeee!" Aeri called out.

"Hey, what did I say about having manners?" I said.

"Unnieeeeeee~!" She corrected quickly.

"She's not here. Don't call." I said, settling Aeri down on her seat.

She pouted, but did not say anything else.

After breakfast, I sent her to Ahjumma's place before heading to work.

"Appa have to work in the cafe tonight. You be a good girl, do you understand?" I said to her.

She nodded and hugged me tightly.

Aeri, despite her young age, knows how to read people. She is absolutely capable of knowing when she can mess around and when she cannot.

"I love you." I kissed her forehead.

"Thanks, Ahjumma." I said.

"No worries." She smiled.

She looked like she had something to ask me, but was unsure if she could ask me.

At the carnival, I did what I do daily; endure getting whacked. Even if I could feel the pain, I guess none of this would hurt more than the pain last night.

"Are you alright?" One of the crew members asked.

I smiled and nodded. I cleaned myself up before heading out. I sat down at my regular place to wait for Min Jeong, only to realize that she would not be coming today.

"What are you waiting for, Seungho? She's not coming." I muttered to myself.

I guess a part of me still wish that she would appear and try to talk to me, although I would get angry and probably scream at her. But Min Jeong, being her, would not even give me a chance to do so. Why are you so cruel, Min Jeong ah?

I made my way to Junhyung's office. I had no time to think about my own relationship problems. Aeri is more important. My footsteps were heavy as I headed to where his office is. I had no idea why I was feeling that way, but I just was. I knocked once and entered, and that was when I was given my answer.

Min Jeong was there with Junhyung, and all over the table were photos and information on the carnival. It was like yesterday all over again, but in a different setting.

They seem so surprised to see me. Min Jeong hurried to slam the laptop shut, her actions giving everything she was doing away.

"Now what? Even Junhyung is a lie?" I asked, feeling my chest tightened.

"Seungho hyung, listen." Junhyung said.

"Of course you'll be on her side. Of course you're in cahoots with her. What was I thinking? What was I expecting? You are her friend. You probably love her!" I shouted.

"It's not like that!" Min Jeong shouted at me.

"Oh, then why not you explain?" I said.

She bit her lips inwards and looked away.

"Seungho hyung..." Junhyung called out.

"Don't 'hyung' me." I glared at him.

"Now I am starting to wonder if you are genuinely trying to help me and Aeri. Everything is just a big, ing lie!" I yelled, sweeping everything on the table onto the floor.

They jumped at my actions.

Just as I was about to walk out, I felt a strange, tightening feeling in my chest. For a moment, I had difficulties breathing.

"Are you okay!? What's wrong!?" Min Jeong asked worriedly as she held onto me.

"Nothing!" I pushed her away as the feeling start to disappear.

"What do you mean? You looked like you were going to pass out!" She said.

"And why do you give a ?" I glared at her.

"I..." I cut her off before she could finish.

"You what? Are you going to say that you love me? Stop ing lying! Just ing stop!!" I screamed.

"Yes, yes, I lied to you. I am sorry! You can hate me. You have the rights to, but trust Junhyung when he say he wants to help you with Aeri. Please, Seungho. Don't ruin this." She said.

"What? Ha! You... I don't even know what to say. Ruin this? Me? Really?" I asked.

"I am sincere in helping you. Let's just put everything else aside and concentrate on Aeri's case first, shall we?" Junhyung said.

"Do I look like an idiot who would let going trample over and over and over again on like a stupid, useless carpet!?" I yelled.

"YANG SEUNGHO!" Min Jeong shouted at me.

I walked out, ignoring her yellings. She tried to grab me but I pushed her away.

Once I was out of the building, I reach into my pocket for a namecard. I dialed the number and waited for an answer.

"Hello?" The person over the phone said.

"I am Yang Seungho." I said.

"Oh, hi. How may I help you?" He asked.

"You said you'll help me win Aeri back." I said.

"Yes, I did. But that girlfriend of yours..." I cut him off mid-sentence.

"Aeri's my daughter, not hers. I call the shots, not her." I said coldly.

"Very well. You got my address?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

"I'll see you then." He said.

I ended the call and headed there. Something inside me told me that by doing this I am technically killing myself, but I could not help it. I admit, I was blinded by anger.