Heart problem

What Is Pain?

Seungho's POV

"Seungho, are you coming to lunch with us?" One of the carnival member asked.

"Lunch...? Erm..." I bit my lower lip, not knowing how to reply.

As much as I wanted to go for lunch with them, I was waiting for Min Jeong.

"Seungho doesn't go for lunch with us anymore~" One of them said.

"Aye~ It's not like that!" I said.

"We know who you are waiting for." Another said.

"Ahhh no, no~" I said, feeling my cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

"Oh, she's here!" He exclaimed, pointing behind.

I turned behind to where he pointed but saw nothing. I turned back to them to find them laughing.

"Okay, okay, let's not ." One of the older member said.

"We'll go for lunch now. She should be on her way! We are slightly early today." He said.

"See you guys later. Eat well~" I said.

"Worry about yourself. With such a beautiful girl around you, would you still.be able to eat?" One of them teased.

"Yah!!" I yelled.

"Stop teasing him!!" Someone exclaimed.

"But really, worry about yourself!" He continued.

I could not help but laugh along.

Just as I was starting to wonder where that girl is, I saw a familiar car drive in.

"Sorry!" She apologized as she clumsily got out of the car.

"It's fine, it's fine. Be careful." I said, holding out my hands just in case she falls.

"You must be hungry!" She said, smacking my tummy, surprising me.

It seems like everyday she has to do one thing to startle me.

"Did I scare you!?" She laughed.

"No~" I said, turning to walk away.

"Aye!! You got scared, didn't you!?" She asked as she put her arm around my shoulders.

"Say you got scared!!" She shook me as she forced me to say.

"No!!" I insisted.

"Are you going to say it!?" She asked.

"Okay, okay. I got scared." I sighed.

I can never seem to go against her. What power does she have?

"Good boy!!" She exclaimed as she patted me on my head.

She linked arms with me as we headed to our usual lunch table.

"What did you buy?" I asked.

"I made bibimbap, kimchi pancake and seaweed soup!" She said excitedly.

"You made?" I asked, surprised.

"Are you surprised?" She asked.

"Very." I said.

Not that I do not believe she could cook, but how did she have the time to do it?

"Earth to Seungho!!!" She yelled into my ear, shocking the hell out of me.

"Hi, Hoho~" She grinned when I glared at her.

I softened slightly at her grin. She is just a girl who likes to have fun, although a little too much at times, but nevertheless, she does not deserve harshness. While Min Jeong looks tough and crazy, she also looks like one who would burst into tears if you yell at her fiercely.

"I thought you weren't going to come today." I said as we ate.

"Did I say that?" She asked, looking genuinely curious.

"No. I just thought... You were later than usual, so..." I muttered.

"You keep track of the timing I arrive?" She asked, trying hard to suppress her laughter.

"No~ I just..." She cut me off before I could finish.

"Admit it! You like it when I come." She said, poking my cheek.

I said nothing as I stuffed more rice into my mouth.

Since a month ago, she has been coming here to the carnival everyday to eat lunch with me as well as pick me up from work. To say I did not enjoy her company would be a big fat lie, but at the same time I am hating it because it made me feel so needy, like a puppy in need of all the attention in the world.

"Is it good?" She asked.

I nodded. But in fact, it was more than just good. How did she manage to make something as simple as bibimbap taste so heavenly?

"Eat more~" She smiled proudly as she scooped more rice into my bowl.

"You haven't told me why you were late today." I said.

She burst into laughter, choking on her food.

"Tsk!!! What is wrong with you!?" I yelled as I patted her back while she coughed.

"Are you okay?" I asked. Her face was red from the coughing, and she still could laugh.

"I'm good, I'm good." She nodded.

"I didn't know you were still waiting for an answer. When did you become so possessive of me? Am I yours?" She asked, raising her eyebrow at me, her face inches away from mine.

"It was just a simple question. You don't have to answer." I said, looking away.

"I was caught up at work. Sorry. I wanted to let you know, but I couldn't contact you." She said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"You don't have a phone." She said.

"Oh, right. Ha~" I smiled awkwardly.

I do not own a phone. To be exact, I could not afford one. But then again, I do not exactly need one anyway. There are phones around me, just that they are not mobile ones. It does not matter as long as it can make calls. Who cares if the phone is tied to a tree or anchored to the sea bed?

"You don't have to come if you are busy." I said.

"Really?" She asked, grinning.

"Yes, and what's with that grin?" I pushed her face away gently.

"Nothing~ Just... You are lying through your teeth. You obviously want me to come even if I am busy to death." She said.

"I wouldn't deny that I enjoy your company." I said frankly.

Her eyes widened slightly.

"But if you are busy... then... you know..." I muttered.

"I'll still come. I might be late, but as long as you are waiting, I'll come." She said.

Like a spell she cast a thousand times, I was so captured by her words.

"Why are you biting yourself!?" She exclaimed suddenly.

Her fingers were on my lips, a frowned plastered to her face. I was unknowingly biting my lower lip, but because I could not feel the pain, I would never know.

"Look at what you did to yourself? Don't you feel the pain?" She scolded, pressing a piece of tissue against my lower lip and then showing me the bloodstain.

"What is pain?" I asked.

“Just because you cannot easily feel it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Don’t do that again.” She scolded me like I was three.

“Damn~ I need to go.” She said as she glanced at her watch.

“So soon?” I asked.

“Yea. Gotta meet someone.” She said.

“I see.” I muttered.

“But don’t worry, I’ll come pick you tonight as usual.” She said, cupping my cheeks.

“You don’t have to if you’re busy.” I said, trying to act nonchalant.

“Really?” She asked with a smirk.

I shrugged my shoulders.

“I’ll come. I promise.” She ruffled my hair.

I smiled and nodded.

“See you later. Finish the food!” She winked at me before running off.

I felt like my heart stopped for a second. Why am I feeling like that? Do I have a heart problem?