Friends?

What Is Pain?

Seungho's POV

I spaced out as I watch Aeri play by herself. It was until she climbed onto my lap did I snap out of it.

"Hey, sweetie~" I said, hugging her.

"Eat!" She said, shoving a plastic tomato into my mouth.

I pretended to chew, entertaining her.

"Yummy!" She said, more like a statement than a question.

"Yes, it's yummy. Nom nom nom~!" I snuggled my face into her body, causing laughter from her.

"My baby~ Appa loves you a lot, you know that, right?" I said, cradling her in my arms.

She lied in my arms, snuggling close to me.

"Shall we go sleep?" I asked her.

She nodded, clinging herself onto me, indirectly asking me to carry her, in which I gladly did.

I changed her before tucking her into the bed we share.

"Wait here." I said as I headed to go prepare milk for her.

When I came back, the blanket, pillows and bolsters were all over the room. I looked at Aeri who was grinning proudly at the mess she created.

"Did a little puppy sneak in while I was gone to mess up the place?" I asked as I headed close to her.

"PUPPY!!!" She giggled as she tried to run away from me.

I let her run a bit before catching her and holding her tightly in my arms.

"Naughty puppy." I poked her cheek as I let her lie on my lap to drink the milk.

While drinking, she kept tugging onto my shirt. After she was done, she tossed the bottle aside.

"Why did you throw it, hmm?" I asked as I bend over to pick it up.

When I turned back, I was greeted by a kiss on my cheek.

My eyes widened as I looked at Aeri who lean in to give me another kiss on my lips.

"Love Appa!" She said, wrapping her arms around my neck, her cheek resting against my shoulder.

This is the first time she kissed me and said she love me. I have no idea how I am feeling now. It is like a jumble of emotions I am feeling.

"I love you too, my baby." I said, but was returned by her soft snoring.

"I love you very, very much." I said as I kissed her hair.

***
I was awake all night, thanks to Aeri's sudden kiss and 'Love Appa', making me so excited and emotional when I really should be sleeping. I was behaving like an idiot, smiling as I smoothed her hair and watch her sleep.

My mind started wandering off and I ended up thinking about her. Min Jeong, I think that is her name.

"Why am I thinking of her?" I asked Aeri who was asleep.

I poked her cheek but she did not even flinch. I spent my whole night watching her, falling asleep only at dawn.

"Wakey! Wakey! Aaaaaappaaaa!" Aeri shook me out of my slumber.

I opened my eyes reluctantly and was greeted with a cute sight. She was sitting on my stomach, making faces at me.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked her, ruffling her hair.

She leaned down on my chest, snuggling her head against my neck.

"Appa~~" She called out, poking my arm.

"Hmm?" I responded as I smoothed her hair absentmindedly.

"Hungry." She said with a pout.

I laughed out loudly. Aeri ah, although you do not have my blood flowing in you, it is really difficult to say you are not my daughter.

"Lets go make some pancakes!" I carried her up and let her down on the floor.

"Star! Star! Star!!" She shouted as she ran out of the room.

"Okay, okay. Star pancakes for my little star." I said as I dragged myself out of the room.

As I cooked, I watch her play in the cardboard playhouse I made for her.

"Appa will make you a kitchen next, okay?" I said to her.

She looked at me.

"You know what's a kitchen? Where Appa is standing is a kitchen. You can cook your own pancakes." I said.

"Pannycakeeee!!" She exclaimed, running towards me, head-butting me in my .

"Aigoo! How can a girl be doing this?" I laughed.

She sat on the floor, hugging my leg and laughing her head off. My cute silly girl~

"Be careful, little koala~" I said as I tried to walk as carefully as possible so as not to hurt her. She was clinging onto my leg even as I walked, not willing to let go.

“Pancakes are ready, baby. You need to let go of me or else we can’t eat.” I told her.

I looked at her in shock when she sank her teeth into my leg. She looked up and grinned at me.

“EAT APPA!!!” She chuckled.

I could not help but laugh at her cuteness. Aeri ah, if not for you, I would have no idea how to stay alive~

***
I had no shift in the café today, so after my work in the carnival, I was excited to be able to go home early.

“Maybe I can bring Aeri out shopping today.” I mumbled to myself as I checked my wallet. I just received my pay, therefore I guess I could splurge a little on her.

“We could go grocery shopping, and then we could go buy some toys and clothes. It’s been long since I bought her stuff. Aeri ah~ Aeri ah~ What should Appa get for you?” I continued talking to myself as I headed out to the busstop.

I jumped when I felt a hand grab my arm.

“Hi! You got a shock, didn’t you?” She laughed. Min Jeong.

“Tsk!” I shot her a dirty look for scaring me like that.

“Aww~ Sorry~” She apologized with a slight pout.

“What do you want?” I asked as I continued to walk.

“Let’s be friends!” She said, skipping in front of me, walking backwards.

I snorted at her and tried to walk somewhere else, but she kept blocking my way.

“Come on! Let’s be friends! You could use a friend!” She said.

“No. I don’t need a friend.” I said.

“Everybody needs a friend! I’ll make an awesome friend!” She said. Is she praising herself?

I rolled my eyes at her and continued to walk. She kept skipping around me, yakking nonstop. I got irritated by the fact she had to appear to destroy my peace and quiet.

I stopped walking and glared at her.

“Are you done?” I asked.

She bit her lower lip.

“I… I just want to apologize for what I said to you the other day.” She said softly.

“Apology accepted. Can you leave me alone now?” I asked.

“But… friends?” She asked timidly.

“You see over there?” I asked, pointing at a group of guys playing soccer in the field across the road.

“Go over there and ask them to be your friends. I am sure they are more than willing to do so. Okay? I found you your friends, so please leave me alone now.” I said.

I thought she had given up when she did not follow me, but I was wrong. She ran to my side out of nowhere and grabbed my arm.

“I WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND ONLY!” She yelled.

Out of reflex, I pushed her away.

“Owww~” She winced when she hit the rough surface.

I stared blankly at her bleeding palm.

“I…” I muttered.

I did not mean to push you, I wanted to say. But nothing came out of my mouth. What have I done? Did I just hurt an innocent person? I hated how people hurt me just because they can, and now, I am doing the same. Yang Seungho, you horrible, horrible person.