Help

What Is Pain?

Seungho's POV

I started my daily routine of getting whacked by countless people, but today is different. Today I don't feel humiliated or angry. Today I just hope they would hit me quick so I could end my shift and go back to my Aeri.

I coughed when I felt a blow on my stomach. I spat out blood, but why am I not surprised anymore?

"Are you okay?" I looked up when I heard a voice.

I nodded and picked myself up. I looked around. There were not any more people. I stole a glance at the man's watch. Work is over. Finally. I stumbled a little, almost falling over when his arms caught me.

"I'm fine." I hissed, pushing his hands away.

He probably was one of them who had his fun in bashing me up just now. I do not need help from such people.

"Why are you so stubborn?" I heard him say.

"Stubborn?" I asked, straightening my back.

"Did you call me stubborn?" I asked.

"Yea. You obviously were going to fall over but you refuse help. If this isn't stubbornness, I don't know what it is." He said.

"That's the little bit of pride left in me to pick myself up after being abused by screwed up people like you." I said, trying very hard to keep my tears from falling.

He stared at me, and then smiled mockingly.

"If you had pride..." His sentence was cut off by a familiar voice.

"SEUNGHO!" Min Jeong called out as she ran over to me.

"Did he hurt you?!" She asked, pushing the man away.

"He didn't." I said, holding her back before the man lose his nose.

"Let's go." She said, holding me.

"You need my help." He said.

I looked at him, so did Min Jeong. He let out a smirk so cocky I had the strongest urge to punch him in his face.

"What are you talking about?" Min Jeong asked.

"You are Yang Seungho, and you are about to lose Aeri." He said, still smirking at me.

I felt my legs weaken.

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice trembling.

He stretched into his pocket and took out a card, handing it to Min Jeong and I.

He is a lawyer.

"What are you? Are you a stalker?" Min Jeong snapped at him.

"Min Jeong ah~" I hissed at her.

I shook my head when she looked at me. She let out an angry sigh and looked away.

"I am Aeri's biological parents' lawyer." He introduced.

"THE MORE WE DO NOT NEED YOUR HELP!" Min Jeong shouted. This girl, always snapping at the world.

"Calm down." I controlled Min Jeong, but was on the verge of snapping inside.

"What do you want from me?" I asked him.

"I went through the case, and although they have engaged me as their lawyer, but morally speaking, I feel that they don't deserve my help." He said.

"And so?" I asked, still not getting his point.

"I want to help you instead." He said.

"You want to be my lawyer?" I asked.

"No, but I want to help you win. I'll tell you the loopholes." He said.

"And just how is that moral?" Min Jeong asked.

Before I could say anything, Min Jeong grabbed my hand.

"We don't need your help." She said coldly as she dragged me away.

"What's wrong with you!?" I yelled when we were near the car, away from the scene.

"What's wrong with you!? Do you really want help from him!?" She yelled.

"If he can help me, why not!?" I yelled back.

"Don't be naive!" She shouted into my face.

"I am naive? You were the one who asked me to go get help, and now when help is here, you don't allow me to use it, and call me naive? What is it that you want from me? Could you please make up your mind?" I said.

"Just look at him! He can betray them, so can he betray you. Don't be stupid! He might just use this back against you! And if that happens, you'll be more than just at the losing end!" She shouted.

We glared at each other before I started to walk away.

"Where are you going!?" She yelled.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled back.

"Fine! Do whatever you want! Why do I even care?!" I heard her slam her car door, and then she sped passed me.

I sighed and started walking out. I stopped when she reversed the car and stopped next to me. She opened the door to the passenger seat. She said nothing except look at me.

"Are you not getting in?" She asked.

I got in without asking anything else.

I looked at her when she did not start the car.

"I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want anyone I love to get hurt." She said, staring outside.

I remained silent.

"I just..." She bit her lower lip.

"I understand." I said, smoothing her hair.

"Sorry for driving away." She said.

"But you came back. That's what matters." I said.

"How could I leave you here to walk out? What if some strange people come and take you away!?" She asked.

"Come on, if anyone is strange, that's me." I said.

She slapped my thigh and started the engine, driving us out.

***
Min Jeong’s POV

“Seungho, wakey.” I woke him up.

He opened his eyes, and looked at the surroundings.

“Are you going to sell me away?” He asked, pouting.

“What!?” I burst into laughter.

“Where’s this place?” He asked.

“Somewhere with someone who can hopefully help us keep Aeri.” I said.

He looked at me, not saying anything.

“Wh… what?” I asked, afraid that he might get angry.

But instead, he leaned in and kissed me on my lips. I was taken aback by the sudden kiss because Seungho was always shy and hardly initiated intimacy.

He pulled away, smiling awkwardly. His cheeks were deep red.

“Let’s go.” He said before hurrying out of the car.

I touched my lips and could not help but felt jelly all over. Although we have been together for a while, I have to admit he still charms me with his stupid face all the time. The only difference between now and then is that now I could control myself really well from going crazy.

“Are you not coming!?” He shouted from outside of the car.

“Coming!!!” I hurried out of the car.

“What were you doing inside?” He asked.

“Oh. Picking up something. I think I dropped my earring.” I lied.

“Really?” He asked.

I nodded.

He frowned at me. Did he see through my lie?

“What were you doing inside the car before I came that caused the sitting perfectly on your ear earring would drop out?” He asked.

I pulled him closer to me.

“I missed you so much I could not help but play with myself. I went a little too wild.” I whispered into his ear.

His eyes widened so much I thought they were going to drop out.

“YAH! MIN JEONG!” He shouted.

I stuck my tongue out at him.

His face was so red he looked like he was going to explode.

“You need to be taught a lesson when we get home.” He said in a warning tone.

“Oooo~” I mocked him.

Throughout our walk up to the lawyer’s office, Seungho was behaving like my dad, lecturing me on how I should not speak like that.

“I only speak like that to you, sweetheart. Is it not allowed to with you once in awhile for the fun of it? If you say no, then fine, no.” I said finally.

“Well… If it’s just to me…” He muttered.

“Do I look like the type of girl who goes around saying such things?” I asked, defeated.

“I don’t know.” He said.

“Come here.” I gestured him.

He stepped closer to me.

“.” I whispered into his ear as I punched him in his gut.

Although he would not feel the pain, hearing him gasp from the sudden lost of air was good enough for me.

“I was just kidding!” He exclaimed.

“Oh, sorry. My fist didn’t know.” I smiled.

“I forgive your fist.” He said.

“Aww~ So sweet.” I laughed.

“But you know, shouldn’t be just for fun.” He said.

“You are such a ert.” I said.

“What did I do!?” He looked shocked.

I ignored him and headed towards the door at the end of the corridor. He followed behind me, mumbling like a mad man.

“Shhh!” I put my finger on his lips before knocking on the door.

“Come in.” The voice inside said.

“Hey.” I smiled as I entered the room.

“I thought you weren’t coming.” The person seated behind the table said.

“Aye~ When have I ever let you down?” I said.

“All the time.” He said.

“Tsk!” I frowned.

“Just kidding!” He laughed as he stood up.

“Hi, I am Junhyung.” He said, stretching his hand out at Seungho.

“Hyung? I may look young, but I believe I am older than you. You can call me Seungho hyung.” Seungho said, behaving cocky out of a sudden.

“Yah. What’s wrong with you?” I asked, surprised by his sudden attitude.

“This little boy is asking me to call him hyung. Just because he is a lawyer doesn’t make him any superior.” Seungho said.

“Yang Seungho, Junhyung is his name.” I hissed.

“Oh.” Seungho looked obviously embarrassed. But he ought to be.

“It’s okay! I get that a lot. At least you didn’t smack me on my head!” Junhyung said cheerfully.

He is a classmate of mine back in college. We were really close friends and teammates. One day, he told me he was going to drop out of school and pursue law instead. I was surprised, of course. It was our last year. As much as it did not make sense to do something like that, he was so determined no one could stop him.

His parents were so angry with him they kicked him out of the house. That not only did not stop him from pursuing a law degree, it made him stronger. He worked and studied at the same time. From him, I understood fully the meaning of having a passion. It was so beautiful yet scary at the same time. People burning with passion and determination are the scariest of all people for they cannot be beaten.

“Take a seat!” He said in the same cheerful voice as he went to make tea.

“Jun, it’s fine.” I said.

“Who cares about you?” He said.

I rolled my eyes.

He came back with three cups of tea and a plate of cookies.

“Is this your lunch?” I asked him.

“No.” He said, not looking at me.

“Die of gastric for all I care.” I muttered.

“I was working on this!” He exclaimed, poking at the thick file at the side.

“Junhyung may seem like a nutcase, but he is very good in what he does.” I said.

“You are not very normal yourself.” Seungho said to me.

My jaw dropped. Junhyung burst into laughter.

“Finally someone who sees it! Seungho hyung, I like you already!” He said.

“Do you want to see some real craziness?” I said in a low voice.

“Seungho hyung, tell me about your relationship with Aeri.” Junhyung said, sounding professional out of a sudden. Maybe he wants to consider acting too.

***

tumblrmimb9nhpty1r90h8l.gif Junhyung: Hi, I am Junhyung.

tumblrmdbikvgyri1rsna24.gif Seungho: This little boy is asking me to call him hyung. Just because he is a lawyer doesn’t make him any superior.

tumblrlw0tc97cf41r331am.gifMin Jeong: Yang Seungho, Junhyung is his name.

***
This story is coming to an end in a few more chapters. Whoever that is still reading, I cannot thank you guys enough for sticking around.