Difficult Daddy

Best Friends or More?

...............................

 

There's such a great silence that the air seems to become heavy and difficult to breathe in. Should you break it or wait a bit more? Your mother seems worried too about your father's answer. Just when you're about to say something, your father mutters and then speak with a loud voice as if nearly shouting.

 

Father - I see... Then, what do you do for a living? How much do you get? Is your job a stable one? Do you have your own house? And finally, how can I be sure that you won't hurt my daughter in the future?!

You - Appa!

K.H.J - I'm an artist, I get the yearly salary of a normal salary man per month, I'm making sure that it stays stable, of course I've got my own house including a housemaid who comes 4 days a week and for the future, we never know what may happen but I'll be sure to never let her down.

Father - ... Mmm, you sound quite overconfident, don't you? Fine, can you hold your liquor?

K.H.J - Try me.

Father - Dear, bring us 2 bottles.

Mother - Eh? But dear, you are

Father - Bring them.

You - Appa, you shouldn't!

Father - Daughter, I'm doing this for your own good. Don't in men's affair.

You - But

K.H.J - Don't worry. It'll be fine. In case you don't feel well Sir, I'll suggest you to stop.

Father - You can still dream on it. Just to let you know, I'm the best drinker in the region.

K.H.J - Really? That's amazing! I'd be happy to take on your offer.

You - Hyun Joong, you

 

Kim Hyun Joong pull your hand and kisses it in front of your father as if it's nothing. It's very embarrassing and you can see your father glaring, his blood boiling inside as he witnesses his lovely little princess being touched by another man just in front of his eyes. Aigoo, what to do? Now, you're very scared about the outcome if Kim Hyun Joong really goes against your father.

 

K.H.J - I assure you I'll be fine. If it's for you, I won't let anything come between us.

You - Hyun Joong...

Father - ..... Ha ha... Hahahahaha! Young man, you're way too early to think that you can go against me! Don't think that I'll let you have my daughter that easily!

You - Dad!

K.H.J - I'm sure of it. That's why, I'm going to prove to you the extent of my love for her. Bring it on!

 

Your mother comes back with 4 bottles of soju and put them on the table with a heavy heart. 

 

Mother - Dear, you can still

Father - Open them.

Mother - *sigh* Here.

You - Umma! It's...

Mother - It's useless now. When your father's set on something, he never gives up. I'm sorry I couldn't be of any help.

You - Well, he's always been like that so it can't be helped. But I'm still worried about Hyun Joong...

Mother - I'm sure he'll be fine.

You - Really?

Mother - Of course! He's the great Kim Hyun Joong!

You - Umma!

Mother - What? Can't I? Afterall, I knew him way before you.

You - Hey, you can't!

Mother - *Giggle* Awww, my daughter is jealous. So cute! Here, here, it's okay. I just wanted to tease you a bit.

You - Very funny.

 

Meanwhile, the two men have started drinking very seriously. Even though they are smiling, it's so easy to guess that it's not a genuine smile. They've already reached half of the second bottle and they still seem to be fine. You just hope that your father won't overdo it as he collapsed not too long ago. And what about Kim Hyun Joong? Until now, he's never drunk a lot (when he was with you or friends) nor did he ever come back home drunk (as far as you've been together with him), thus you don't really know if he can stand all this alcohol. You hope really hard that they'll get drunk soon so that all your worries will fly away but it looks like it'll last longer. 

 

Father - Haha, I see that you can drink.

K.H.J - Of course I can!

Father - Let's see your limits. If you can't drink well, there's no way I'll give my cute daughter to you.

K.H.J - I'll show how well I can.

 

Laughs and arguments are all you can hear with also the sound of the soju filling the glasses. What if Kim Hyun Joong gets sick after drinking too much? What about your father too? And what if Kim Hyun Joong passed out any minute? You can't stay calm at all. 

 

You - Umma...

Mother - Hah, it'll be over soon, stop worrying.

You - How can you be so calm?!

Mother - Your dad is going to sleep soon. 

You - Why are you saying that? He's surely laughing really hard but

Mother - Well, it's when he's laughing this much. Watch carefully.

Father - Hahahahaha!!! So over *hic* confident! Hahaha, keep dreaming hihihihi!

K.H.J - You sure *hic* laugh a lot, haha.

Mother - 1, 2, 3

 

*Bam*

 

You - Huh?! Appa!

Mother - I told you.

K.H.J - *Hic* Mishter?

Mother - Help me take him to his room then we'll come back for Kim Hyun Joong, okay?

You - Yes. Hyun Joong, don't budge, okay?

K.H.J - (your name), (your name), loooove you! Haha, *hic*

 

You help your mother take your father back to his room and as soon as you put him in his bed, you hurry to the kitchen.

 

You - Hyun Joong?

 

To your surprise, he's soundly asleep on his chair with his head on the table. It's kind of funny and cute at the same time and it makes you want to hug him. Now, you wonder what to do with him.