Home Sweet Home

Best Friends or More?
You've finally reached home. Ah, the countryside is still the best to comfort you. The beautiful view of the mountains and of the flower fields. Somehow, you feel a bit nostalgic. It must be because you've been away from your beloved home. The fresh air calms you and you enter the house with more confidence.
 
Mother - Oh, my. Welcome back! How are you?
You - Hi, Umma. I'm fine, thanks. And you? You've got dark circles under your eyes. How's Appa? Is he alright?
Mother - He's fine. It was just over exertion. There were so many orders that he recklessly worked without getting any proper rest. 
You - Well, that's how he can be in times like those. You both really gave me a fright.
Mother - I'm really sorry. I didn't intend to.
You - No, it's fine. I wanted to see you too. I missed you so much.
Mother - Aw, we missed you very much too. (*hugs you*) How about your school? You're not in holidays yet, so...
You - No, it's fine. I got special permission. The teacher said I wouldn't have any problems to catch up with the others.
Mother - If it's the case, want a piece of cake? Your favourite one. (*smile*)
You - Um, why not? I'm going to see Appa first. Can I?
Mother - Of course you may go. 
 
It's already 3h in the afternoon and you are quietly sitting on your porch, lost in your thoughts, when your mother calls you. The first time she does, you don't respond for you're too far away, thinking of so many things at a time until she comes and takes you back to reality. 
 
Mother - Dear, you've been lost in your thoughts for such a long time I got worried. What's on your mind for you to be so restless?
You - No, it's...
Mother - Do you want to talk about it?
You - I... *sigh* I'm not sure. I don't know. Sorry, Umma. 
Mother - It's okay. What about your boyfriend you talked about? How's he doing?
You - Well, it's... Did you see the news this morning?
Mother - Oh, I did. I was very surprised to know about that my favourite singer was engaged.
You - You see, that's actually the reason why we broke up. Seems like he didn't really love me. No, it's... I don't know anymore... *sob*
Mother - Oh, dear. That's really sad. I'm sorry. Here, here, don't cry. *gentle pat* 
 
After crying a lot while being comforted by your mother, you feel really better. Ah, a mother's love and comfort is always the best. You're kind of happy that you could share the painful feelings you've been keeping since this morning with someone who understands you well. 
 
Mother - You okay now?
You - Yes, thanks. I love you, Umma.
Mother - I love you too, my dear daughter. There's something I don't understand though. Why did you two break up because of the news?
You - Huh? Didn't I never mentioned that I was dating Kim Hyun Joong?
Mother - Oh, you did. But many people have the same name, right?
You - What I mean to say is that it was the real Kim Hyun Joong, the famous singer and actor that you like so much. You never thought it could have been him?
Mother - What?! Really?! Well, it's... I just couldn't believe that you'd be dating a star. So, you've been... 
You - Please, Umma, don't ask anymore or say anything. I'll give you this. I specially asked him to sign it for you before um... 
Mother - I understand. Thank you very much! You're so sweet! I still can't believe it though. My only daughter who was made from a lot of love between your father and I was 
You - Umma! 
Mother - Sorry, sorry. I'll stop. What about you go and visit the flower fields? The roses have been in more demands lately. I have some things to do. Thus, I won't be able to continue keeping you company.
You - I'm going then.
Mother - Don't come back too late.
You - Yes. Later.
 
You take a stroll in the large flower fields until you get tired and sit for a while in the middle of the large rose field. The nice scent of roses makes you feel at ease and relaxed. Suddenly, you think about what Kim Hyun Joong would feel if he was here. But it wouldn't make any sense if he was to come here as there is nothing between you two anymore. 
 
K.H.J - *panting* I finally... *Huff* Found you.
You - Huh?