Introduction

Best Friends or More?

 

You go on your laptop and try to find some informations about his whereabouts today. Seems like he'll be in K Studio for some photoshoots at 2h and this place is not so far from your new home. You decide to take a look around your neighbourhood and then the area where K studio is until noon. You get to see lots of posters of different groups or artists, interesting shops and big shopping centers. You enjoy your time while checking the time regularly. You even discover good places to eat at.
 
It's finally time and you're in front of the K building. What to do now? Some fan girls are seen waiting outside, sitting and chatting, laughing. They are quite enthusiastic. They even have cardboards, fans and other accessories with Kim Hyun Joong on it. You don't like losing your time when you know that you've got a million of things to do, thus you go straight to the entrance when some fan girls stop you. 
Fan girl - Where are you going?
You - Huh? I'm... I've got something to do inside.
Fan girl - You're not here a new artist, are you? 
You - No, I'm not. Er, sorry but I'm a bit in a hurry.
Fan girl - Oh, yeah, sorry. Go ahead.
You - Thanks.
 
You enter the big building and go towards the reception where a snob-looking receptionist is speaking on the phone. When you're finally in front of her, she hangs up and take a look at you. She then gives you a professional smile and ask if you need help. You don't take four roads to tell the reason you're here. You simply say that you need to meet with Kim Hyun Joong and that it was urgent. She looked at you with a "for whom do you take yourself for" look and flatly tell you that it's impossible. You keep your calm and try to convince her by telling her what had happened, that you ID card is with him. But she seems to not care one bit and ask you politely to leave. But you cannot leave until you get your ID card back. Then, what will you do? You cannot take the lift without permission as there are guards, you cannot do anything to enter. You really don't have any idea how you'll meet him. Seems like someone was listening to you without you knowing. As you are turning towards the entrance, you incidentally bump into a  middle-aged man. As you say sorry, he let something fall from his pocket without anybody noticing and he gives you a smile and hurries to the lift. "He leaves quite a strong impression for a middle-aged man", you thought. As you notice a small card on the floor, you pick it up and look in the direction of the lift. But the man has already taken the lift. You are a honest person, thus you think that you should leave it to the receptionist but as you read the card, it as if it does not have anything to do with the man. It's just a staff card without any photo or name. Just a staff card but containing the words which can make you enter the studio without being thrown out for unauthorised permission. You think fast and decide to enter by using the card for you really need to take back what's yours. You act as if you're taking it out of your bag and go towards the receptionist to show her the card. As you don't know if it'll work, you can feel your blood rushing in your veins as your adrenaline rate increases. You're indeed a bit scared because you never did something like that before. You could say it was a frivolous act. The receptionist looks surprise but takes the card to examine it and all. Seems she can't retain you anymore, you can now go look for him.
 
You've been looking around for ten minutes but still no traces of Kim Hyun Joong. You start to lose confidence when you bump into someone as you are lost in your thoughts. You immediately appologize when the person exclaims.
 
K.H.J - Hey, you're the cab girl. Hi.
You - Hi... Um, I think you have something that's mine. 
K.H.J - Oh, true. What about you accompany me to my changing room? It's in my bag if I'm not mistaken.
You - Um, okay.
 
You're a bit nervous in his presence as he is a total stranger to you, even if he's very well-known. He also leaves a strong impression with his confidence and hot appearance. You're finally in his changing room. Quite clean, no clothes or accessories hanging here and there, it's indeed very neat. It might have been his manager or another person who cleaned it. But it may also be him not liking disorder. He starts looking in his bag but doesn't find anything. He tries looking elsewhere in the room but in vain. Then he remebers that it's not with him. He has so much in his head that he had fogotten that he left it home.
 
K.H.J - Um... I'm terribly sorry but your ID card isn't with me right now. I completely forgot that I left it at home. Really sorry.
 
He looks a bit embarassed for having forgotten but still, he's confidence did not waver. You cannot win against him thus, you give him a forgiving smile.
 
You - It's okay. But, when can you give it back to me? It's not that I need it right now but we never know what may happen, so...
K.H.J - No, I understand. Erm... Are you free today?
You - Free? I don't have anything particular to do. Why?
 
Of course you don't! You have a month for yourself before university starts. You can go easy a bit.
 
K.H.J - Then, do you mind if I ask you to be my assistant for the day? My manager's sick thus I'm on my own. But there's a lot of things to do and on my own it's a bit...
You - Um, okay. But I've never done anything like that and I don't know the place very well.
K.H.J - Don't worry, you'll be fine. All you have to do is help take my things and tell me about the next things I have on my schedule. Here it is.
You - Oh, okay. And right now, you don't have anything to do?
K.H.J - Yes, I just had a 10 mins pause. 
You - Oops, sorry to impose on you during your pause. Do you want some water?
K.H.J - No, it's fine. I'd gladly take some, please.
 
He gives you a radiant angelic smile making your heart skip a beat again. In your head, you cannot help but tell yourself that something's wrong with you. He can make your heart waver a lot but you're too clueless to understand. 
 
K.H.J - Um, can you recall me your name? No, actually, can you tell me your name? We didn't really introduce ourselves yesterday.
You - Oh, you're right. Sorry. I'm (your name). Nice to meet you.
K.H.J - I'm Kim Hyun Joong. Nice to meet you too.