Meeting With My Parents

Best Friends or More?

You both reach your house just in time for supper. As soon as you step in, you can hear your mother rushing to the door.

Mother - Where were you all this time?! You

She stops abruptly when she realises that someone is here. She looks at Kim Hyun Joong in great shock as if she can't believe that he's really here. She wipes her eyes and blinks until she confirms that he's really here and smiles nervously before fainting. You immediately rush towards her and with the help of Kim Hyun Joong, you lay her on the couch in the living room. You kind of expected her reaction but not at the point that she'd faint. After some minutes, she finally wakes up. She looks at Kim Hyun Joong then turns to you and she doesn't know what to do anymore as she's so happy beyond words to see her favourite idol. She takes a deep breath after wiping her eyes and a bit shy, she glances in Kim Hyun Joong's direction. You can't help but chuckle as you never thought that it'd be that funny to see her reaction. 

You - Um, Umma, this is Kim Hyun Joong, my beloved boyfriend I always talked about.
Mother - I... Er... I see...
K.H.J - Hi. It's nice to meet you. I'm Kim Hyun Joong. How do you do?
Mother - Er... I... 
You - You don't have to be so tensed! He's a normal human being like us so you don't need to be that shy.
Mother - It's not like that, my dear daughter. It's just...
K.H.J - Haha, she's right. I won't eat you, Madam.
Mother - Ohoho... I'm (your mother's name). My pleasure. I'm... I'm one of your greatest fan! I still can't believe that the great Kim Hyun Joong is here in my house. *very excited*
K.H.J - I can assure you I'm really here. *chuckle*
You - Well, we made the presentations, now we should get dinner started. How's Appa? 
Mother - He's already eaten. He's resting now.
You - I see. Then, what are we having for dinner?
Mother - Well, I already prepared it. Your favourite dish!
You - You really did?! Ah, thanks Umma! *hugging Umma*
Mother - It's the least I could do after your earlier state. 
You - I... I'm really fine now. Just some misunderstandings. Thanks a lot Umma. I love you a lot!
Mother - Aww, I love you a lot too!

Kim Hyun Joong smiles while watching your mother and you hugging each other. He feels very happy just by being near you. You also feel the same too.

It's dinner time and you are all joyously eating. Your mother eats very slowly as she's too nervous to eat properly. Somehow, you want to laugh at her behaviour but you retain yourself in fear that you'll hurt her feelings. 

You - Between, where's (cousin's name) oppa?
Mother - Huh? Oh, he moved not too long ago with his girlfriend. 
You - What?! Really? I didn't know...
Mother - Yes, we were shocked too but he's old enough and free to live by himself and to choose whom he wants to be with.
You - Well, that I knew already. It's just that he didn't tell me about it.
Mother - Well, you're both adults now so you're not as close as when you were young. But don't worry, maybe he's been too busy that he forgot to tell you.
You - I'm not worrying one bit. It's good he finally settled down.
K.H.J - Um, who's that (cousin's name) oppa of yours?
You - Eh? Ah, he's my older cousin who lived here. He's like an older brother to me.
K.H.J - Oh, I see.
Mother - What is it Hyun Joong ssi? Got a bit jealous on hearing my daughter mention a man's name?
K.H.J - Huh? It's...
You - Umma! Seems like you're not nervous anymore. 
K.H.J - Well, she actually guessed right.
You - What? 
K.H.J - Yeah, sorry. I told you before that I don't like it when you mention a guy's name in front of me...
You - Uwaah, sorry! 
K.H.J - No, there's no need to appologise here. It's just that I don't like you thinking of other men but me.
You - *giggle* How sweet of you.
K.H.J - Hey, don't laugh too much. *embarrassed*
Mother - Waah, it's like watching a love drama in live. *sigh* How nice to be young.
You - Don't worry, you're still young, Umma.
Mother - Haha, how nice of you. 
Father - How come it's so noisy with just the two of you?
Mother - Oh, dear. How come you're here? Shouldn't you stay in bed?
Father - I wanted something to drink. Huh? Who's this???
Mother - Ah, he's our
You - Appa, you okay? Come sit, I'll get you something. He's the one I always talk about, my boyfriend.
Father - Thank you. Hum, so... What?!
K.H.J - Good evening, Father. I'm Kim Hyun Joong, (your name)'s boyfriend. It's a pleasure to meet you.
Father - ...............

Total silence...... The silence becomes awkward as your father seems to digest the news of your boyfriend being home. It's kind of funny and at the same time you feel a bit tense.

You - Here's your drink, Appa. 
Father - Thank you. *cough* So, Kim Hyun Joong, was it?
K.H.J - Yes. 
Father - So... You... You've been...
You - We've been dating for 5 months already. 
Father - I see... 
K.H.J - Yes. She's taken great care of me during these months and I thank you both a lot for giving life to such a great daughter. 
You - Hyun Joong...
Father - *cough, cough* Of course she's great! 
K.H.J - That's why today, I want to get your official permission to date (your name).

Kim Hyun Joong looks at your parents with such a serious face. You really never saw that coming. He just said such an embarrassing thing. And your father seems like in awe, completely speechless. You wonder what your father will answer to Kim Hyun Joong's request. Will he accept him or will he refuse? You're a bit scared as your father is quite strict and towards guys, he's even more stern. What to do?