iii

Destiny is really something


Destiny simply means you and me.


After that night, after we watched the fireworks show on the first snow day, I woke up beside him. He's sleepy soundly. That day, maybe he's tired because his band just finished their world tour. He's so tired up. I didn't bother to wake him and tried to go down to the kitchen and cook something, even I'm not capable of doing anything but a simple ramen and rice. I slowly moved but I felt a strong hand went up to my waist and let me sleep again, while his holding my body. 
I didn't let to move anymore. I want to be him also. 

 

 


Now, two years have gone by. 
I'm staring at him again, while a ray of sunlight fighting to have dominance with his shining face. I smiled. 
He is back.


Yonghwa is back.

Maybe I'm that dumb to let him in just like that, bought the reason of his like a silly kid. Trusted him like that made him embrace and kiss me again like we used to two years ago.

Two years, and I found everything never moved a thing. Never change a thing. 
That instant, he went knocking on my door and I let him in.
That instant, we are together again. 

I don't want to push and make him go away since my love for him ceased all the misunderstandings coming on our way. I want a simple love, a simple love that will mature into eternal one. 
I wanted that. 

I don't care about the pain. 
I don't care about the time passed. 
All I care is him. He's here. With me. 


"Let's go out." He said. I was surprised that he is awake already. "Let's go where we went two years ago." 

"Why? Aren't you tired? You just came back from your concert." I said to him. I know his schedules enough even we're not together. Jieun is Minhyuk's girl and his co-members were my friends. "Just sleep for now."


He kicked the blanket wrapping his cold body and embraced me. "I prefer you being my blanket." He said, playfully. He kissed me on my cheek. "Good morning. This is the best morning I had since that day." 

 

I simply nodded. "Okay, then let's go." 

 

***


I am quiet while we are on our way on the place we've gone two years ago. I'm actually scared, because I don't have the courage to step on that place. What if he leave me again? Those words worry me to death, again

 

"After all what happened, you didn't even get mad at me." He sighed. "Not the usual and most normal thing that my boys said." 

"I tried to, but I failed." I said, honestly. "And if ever they were other reason why you left me, I don't care. I'll just accept you the way it is." I saw him, his eyes were getting watery as I said those words. The man in front of me now, is the Yonghwa I know. This is the man I loved, and loving even more whenever I see cherry blossoms every spring. 


"Your Dad is right." He said softly. 

 

Your Dad is right.

Your Dad is right.

 

Dad? He never saw my Dad. We never go to my Dad's home even when we were at New York. How come? How come he knew my Dad is right? I stared at him, collecting some ideas. "Do I need to know something?" I asked him.

"I met your Dad." He said to me. I was beyond surprise. "The time I left you, I never know where or who to run. And I flew. To your Dad." He bit his lips.

"Why? Why you didn't tell me?" I was verge in tears also. "Why did you go to my Dad?" 

"I've never meet your Dad. And I wanted to know you more, being the Park Shinhye alone. Not the Shinhye related with Yonghwa, a celebrity." 

"Why?" I asked again. Why? Two years! I've never known this, my Dad didn't even say anything about this. 

"Because I want to see you more than you see yourself with me. I want you to become into someone." His forehead curled. "So when, the silliest thing I feared about which is you falling out of love with, I'll be able to count all the reason how to make you fall in love with me again." His smile is the most delicate expression I ever faced, full of uncertainties, full of fears. "But I'll guess, I think I threw two beautiful years finding those reasons. The irony is, I've already found it to begin with. I'm sorry, Shinhye for being this coward."

"You should've told me everything." I said to him, I almost whispered it to his ears. 

"I met your Mom also." He said. "Your Dad said you are completely like her." Then a faint smile was expressed on his tired face. 

 

I embraced him, if I knew this all along maybe I flew also. Hugged him and told him that what he'll feared about us will never happen. 
That if everything is falling out, I'll clung into a rugged thread, and I'll never let go of what we have.  
That if the world stand up against us, there's the whole universe to seek some help. 
That if the people will say love doesn't exist anymore, I'll find destiny and prove them wrong. 

"You are really something, Jung Yonghwa."I blurted. "You've always this deep." I smiled at him, a peaceful expression were placed on my heart and soul. 

"Thank you, for making a completely different person. You are the one who regained my inspiration. You were the only one." He smiled at me. "We're here." I said.

 

Two years ago, I know we were the happiest two.
Two years ago, nothing matters beside the two of us. Nothing else.


But I realized, it is not being the happiest to that always prevails. There were a lot of things consider: life, family, frustrations, fears and regret. It is not nothing matters beside the two people, I realized it is being mattered in all people, so every in of the day the love will be over flowing. 
And everything will be in prosperity. 

Because destiny will loved everybody. 
And will be good in all. 
Since it is wrapped with love and forever. 


"I love you, Shinhye." He whispered to my ears while we are sitting. As he closed his eyes, the snow starts falling. I smiled, this familiar thing.
This familiar feeling. 


"I love you too, Yo--

 

I was surprised when fireworks started to flew on the red velvet sky. This familiar feeling, while we are at Busan. I smiled. 

"Park Shinhye-ssi, don't think this another coincidence." He giggled. "I made that." 

"What a show off." I pouted. 

"Only for you." He pulled me closer and kiss me on my lips. "But nothing changed about what I said back then, Shinhye." He smiled. 

"About?" 

"Two years ago, two years from now, or even two eternities will passed. It will always be, that destiny simply means you and me." He caressed my hair. "Don't ever forget that." 


I smiled back at him. 
I am sure at this moment, even we have the most feared uncertainties we are going conquer everything hand in hand.

I am sure at this moment, that falling out of love will be nothing because their are million of reasons to stay in love with him. 

Destiny is really something, it is not always being happy everyday. It is being in pain, regret and despair on times we are scared, but despite of that we know, and we are always looking forward being with the person we love the most, being happy and contented. 

Because at every sunset, destiny will always be an instrument to the people finding their own fairytales.
Fairytales that exists in real life.