Breakfast date

Destiny is really something

 

 

 

 

Shinhye dont have a family on Seoul, she only got Jieun. As she cross streets, parks and malls, she always see daughters or sons clinging on to their mommy or daddy. She suddenly miss her Mommy. Shinhye barely remember the face of her mom, pictures are the only memory of her mom left her. Her mother's disease made them all miserable, she and her father. His father, until now didnt get to have someone beside him. Her father purely devoted to his work and his community in the small town. If only her mother was alive, she must have been the very first to know her relationship with Yonghwa. Her mother must have been the one who comforted her when she was away with him. 

 

 

"Mommy, I miss you." Shinhye sadly said while walking on the street with full of christmas lights.

 

 

Christmas day is approaching, but its not really a big deal to her. She will not be a busy body anyway. She's just going to have ordinary Christmas eve, with friends. She always wanted to have family sitting face to face in a long table filled with good food. But she know that its just her wishful thinking. 

 

 

She reached her home, seeing Jieun packing some clothes.

 

"Jieun ah, where are you going?"

 

"Shin, I'm sorry I didnt tell you earlier, I'm going to my parents' home. I will spend christmas vacation there. In case, do you want to go with me? I'm afraid your be alone here for days."

 

"Jieun ah, Dont worry about me, I'm all right. I dont want to be a bother there. I want you to enjoy your vacation with your parents. I know its rare for you to leave Seoul because of your hectic work."

 

"Shin, I'm really sorry, okay?"

 

"Oh God, Jieun why are you saying sorry. I'm absolutely okay with me. Dont worry." Shinhye helped Jieun to pack.

 

"Shinhye dont worry I will be here on New Years Eve. I will make it up for you."

 

 

That night Jieun left Shinhye. She tooked night trip so she can have preparations for her family. Shinhye left alone. 

 

"Why I feel lonely when I experienced this every year. Gosh Shinhye stop it." Shinhye told herself.

 

 

Then her phone rang. Its his father. 

 

"My pretty daughter! Hows life? I missed you so much!!"

 

"Appa! I miss you too. Why you just called me today?"

 

"You know Shinnie, I'm so sorry. You know I do many things here, I'm making myself busy."

 

"Appa. Please cheer up. You still miss mom?"

 

"There wasnt a single time I didnt miss her Shinnie."

 

"I wish I can take away your sadness. Its been a long long time, you need to be happy Appa. I'm sorry if I say this but can you consider meeting someone? I mean you need to have somebody to be your accompany."

 

"I'm trying but for now Shinnie, I really cant do it. I think your Mom is the only one for me."

 

"My Appa is really the best. So whats your plan for Christmas?" 

 

"I think I'm just lurk at home."

 

"Appa, do hang out with your friends please."

 

"Shinnie, you are so digging on my boring life. I think you have a lot of things to tell to me. Things about Jung Yonghwa?" 

 

"Appa, how did you know?"

 

"My daughter is dating a very handsome talented guy. I'm so proud of you."

 

"Appa, I'm sorry I didnt tell you first."

 

"Aigoo, my daughter. Its okay. You tell me everything so soon. Okay Shin, Im hanging this out now. Take there my pretty Shinnie."

 

 

Shinhye felt happy hearing his Appa's voice. Too bad that they are not spending time together on the holidays. She decided to sleep when she heard message tone.

 

 

Shinhye ah, lets meet tomorrow at your favorite coffee shop. Lets have breakfast together. See you at 8am. I love and miss you! Yonghwa texted.

 

Shinhye immediately replied. 

 

Okay Oppa. I want to see your morning face! See you. Lets sleep now. Goodnight! 

 

 

 

Shinhye sleep with a smile on her face. 

 

 

 

A snowy cold morning woke Shinhye. Its 6:30am. They have breakfast date. She rushed to prepare to go out and meet Yonghwa. At exactly 8am, she reached the coffee shop. Yonghwa is there, ordered finger sandwiches, buttered pancake, and two hazelnut coffee top with whipped cream.

 

 

"Oppa, when did you get here? By the way goodmorning."

 

"You know when your eyes look prettiest? Every morning."

 

Shinhye pouted at Yonghwa.

 

"Oppa, dont tease me. I know I didnt get prepare with this date."

 

"Im not teasing you Shin. You look fantastic with you plain bare face." Yonghwa caress Shinhye's cheeks.

 

"Our coffee is getting cold. Let's drink it Oppa. And please stop with your romantic lines. Hihi."

 

Yonghwa start to ask what will they do on Christmas eve. He asked Jieun about Shinhye regarding these holidays seasons. He asked advise and guide to Jieun.

 

"Shin, so what do you want us to do on Christmas Eve?"

 

"Oppa, I dont know. My past christamas are all so-so. I dont know what to suggest."

 

Shinhye looked sad. 

 

"Shinhye, I want you to meet my family on Christmas Eve."

 

Shinhye looked shocked. She never expected Yonghwa will say that. And at the other side she is afraid his family will never like her. 

 

"Yong Oppa, I'm nervous. What if they didnt like me?"

 

"Stop with the nonsense Shin. My family always bothering me, when will I introduce you. I think tomorrow night is the right time."

 

"Oppa.."

 

Yonghwa held Shinhye's hands. 

 

"Shin, I'm always at your back. My mother wants to see you. She even said that she will take you as her daughter-in-law right away. They love you Shin."

 

 

Shinhye hugged Yonghwa. He is always there for her. 

 

"Oppa, I thank God for meeting someone like you. And I thank you for letting me experience to have a mother, a family. I've always dreamed about having a perfect full family."

 

"Shin, anything for you."

 

 

Yonghwa and Shinhye start to have a plan on Christmas Eve. For a long time, Shinhye onced experience the spirit of Christmas, with the warmth of Yonghwa.