And then he left. (CALM DOWN, announcements at the end O//)

Ambivalence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu seats down on a lone bench as he tries to calm his heart. He looks at the principal who was instructing the teacher to calm the curious students down as minah is being dragged away by authorities.

Woohyun notices him and seats next to him, he looks at sunggyu’s closed shaking fist and then to his pale face. “Gyu…”

Sunggyu looks down, “I… this is… this is my fault… If only I…” the tears he was restraining starts to pour down.

Woohyun furrows his brow, putting his arms on sunggyu’s shoulder, raising his form. “It wasn’t your fault, gyu! It was no one’s fa—“

“But I knew!” Sunggyu yells. “I knew that minah was… she was… but sungyeol he… he didn’t want me to… if only I…”

Woohyun shushed him, “Sunggyu, it was sungyeol’s decision, it wasn’t anyone’s fault. Minah was angry at sungyeol for reasons, and she did the only thing she could think of, which by the way was bull but it drove her nuts to this point. Sungyeol didn’t want anyone to get hurt, and you’re the friend who was only asked to not tell us. It wasn’t anyone’s fault, gyu, please don’t cry.”

But sunggyu cries harder because he remembers why he loves woohyun and thanks him by giving him a squeeze.

 

“Dad” Dongwoo starts, feeling uneasy, because he does somehow already know the answer to that. “Why… why was sungyeol arranging his papers?”

His dad looks around the room for a moment, sighing as he seats down on his leather chair, opening the folder that was on his desk before presenting it to Dongwoo.

“He dropped out of school.”

Dongwoo’s eyes bulge, “What… Wh-when? …Why?”

“When that minah girl had been sent to the hospital. His father informed us.” Exactly a week and half ago.

“why didn’t he…” Dongwoo starts, unable to form words as his blood drains from his face, immediately running to where infinite had texted him.

 

After hours of arranging everything with the school, the police, and the students, infinite, except  Dongwoo who had to talked to his dad, had looked for myungsoo before going to sungyeol’s house. They were going to apologize, they were an , they were wrong and sungyeol should never forgive them, thought they wish he does, but they deserve it.

And they were running out of time. Dongwoo runs to where infinite was looking at sunggyu before the latter points at the room.

Myungsoo was in a mess.

They hear the sounds of things being thrown and myungsoo cursing so everyone had sighed, until Dongwoo walks, barging inside the room, was it still called a room? everything was in a mess. Tables and chairs and myungsoo alike, destroyed.

“L…” Dongwoo began, his voice shaking at the revelation.

Myungsoo doesn’t look up, his form still shaking. “I…i’m u-useless…” he stutters out, “I… believed a girl who i though I loved… and now… and…”

Dongwoo strides to him, kneeling beside him. “Myungsoo it wasn’t anyone’s fault. You were in love, you did what you thought you had to do as her boyfriend. And sungyeol he—”

“N-no, it was my fault.. if only i…”

“Myungsoo…”

Myungsoo didn’t budge so Dongwoo sighs “You know what, that’s not the problem right now. What the problem is, we had been too occupied with our thoughts that no one of us had contacted sungyeol, apologize to him or know where he is, why do we have to prolong his agony? I’ve been calling him since earlier and he hasn’t picked up, what does that tell you? And those papers he was talking about with his father? My dad told me he was leaving, myungsoo. He was leaving us.” He stutters at the last sentence and he doesn’t try to hide it.

Myungsoo slowly lifts his face, shock written on his red face, Dongwoo looks at him straight in the eyes before looking at the others, expression the same as myungsoo, he doesn’t wait for their reactions before going out of the room, hoya was the first to snap out of his trace, following his boyfriend.

Dongwoo tries call sungyeol’s phone again, hearing the sounds of the guys’ steps following, frantic. He decided to call their home phone and at the 3rd ring they fortunately pick up.

“Lee residence.”

“Is sungyeol there?” Dongwoo panics.

“May I ask who this is?”

“Dongwoo.”

“oh, Dongwoo-sshi. Sungyeol-sshi had just went to the airport 30 minutes ago.”

“A-airport? What…” Dongwoo stutters, the guys looking confused.

“Yes, today is his flight, sir.”

Dongwoo lets go of his phone, bringing it up to his mouth, shock written all over his face. “He’s… he’s leaving today…”

 

Myungsoo had bolted straight to his car, the guys following him, he looks for his car keys in panic, almost dropping it to the ground because his hands were shaking a little too much for his own good.

Hoya grabs the keys and inserts it, seating in the driver’s seat. “Go in. I’ll drive, you’re shaking.” Myungsoo doesn’t respond but seats at the back, letting Dongwoo seat beside hoya.

Myungsoo continuously taps on his feet, biting his lips and curses “God, damn it!” He looks for his phone and dials sungyeol’s number, his eyes pooling. “Just answer, please..” Sungjong, who was beside, placed a comforting hand on his back, though useless as his hands were also shaking.

For the nth time, myungsoo had called it was straight to voicemail, cursing he wipes the lone tear that escaped before doing the same.

 

Jaehwan puts on his lock and looks at the screen, a video was sent to him. Out of curiousity, he plays it and the first scene he sees, is minah’s face near sungyeol. He looks at sungyeol who was drinking his coffee, and covers his mouth, the scenes playing in front of the screen.

“Hyung.” Jaehwan began. “You…”

Sungyeol looks up from his Americano, only to be presented with an all to familiar scene in front of him. He looks at the phone jaehwan was holding, and takes it, playing the video.

Sungyeol drops it on the table and covers his mouth. “When did..” He remembers the girl that night, the girl who had witness everything. “Do they…?” He looks at Jaehwan in question, who looks at him with tears in his eyes.

“I don’t know, hyung.. I don’t…you didn’t… I..” Jaehwan stutters out, Sungyeol is fast to approach jaehwan and hugs him, “Jaehwan-ah, don’t cry. It’s over, it’s the past… let’s just… let’s forget about it, okay?" Jaehwan knows sungyeol doesn't mean half of it because of the strain in his voice. The worry.

“No, hyung” Jaehwan says. “I can’t forget because… because… that’s… everything is too much and just when I thought…”

“Shh…” Sungyeol shushes him, hugging him.

He's thankful that his father had put him in a private waiting area, although he knows it was just to avoid unnecessary humiliation.

 

30 minutes more.

 

Hoya hits the brake, everyone almost jumping out of the car, running to the airport entrance and looking everywhere.

Myungsoo is a panicking mess, in the verge of breaking down when he remembers that time sungyeol had taken him to their private waiting room. He sends a message to everyone to where he was headed to, and runs for it.

 

Sungyeol stands up before calming jaehwan down, telling him he’d go buy themselves some drinks, though jaehwan insists not to, but he does so anyway because he needed to be alone for awhile, and jaehwan gets this so he nods.

“I’ll just be right back.” Sungyeol smiles, “The plane can’t leave without me anyway.”

Jaehwan doesn’t find the humour i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter