the first

Ambivalence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey” Sungyeol smiled, the all too familiar voice ricocheting on the other side of the phone. His back meeting the solid wall, relief washing over him as he realizes it wasn’t his father and happiness because it was his brother.

“Hyuung” The voice on the line whined “I call you, and this is the only answer I have?!”

“I know you miss me.” Sungyeol laughed “I miss you too.”

“Psh” The other clicked their tongue “Anyway, how is my dear older brother?”

“I’m fine, baby brother. What about you? How’s school?”

“Well, I’m still adjusting. Dad’s been on my neck that I should study hard, but it’s good. And mom's trying to make me go to lesson's but i always run away. I think she got tired and let me finally.”

Sungyeol smiled, his brother, daeyeol, had always been a cheery kid. He loved him.

“I can’t wait for you to come here!!!” His brother cheered, sungyeol’s eyes bulging remembering that information and face palming himself. He had to find time to tell his friends.

“Right” Sungyeol answered, sighing “You can’t tell anybody about this yet, okay?”

Daeyeol answered “Sure, hyung. Besides, 1 year is still a long way…”

Sungyeol laughed “Yeah”

“Oh no!” His brother yelled, alarming sungyeol.

“What?!”

“Dad’s here! I have to go” He can hear his brother shuffling, Sungyeol knows he won’t get in trouble for using their dad’s phone. But he would get in trouble for calling sungyeol.

“Oh, I’m going to go too. Teacher’s calling” Sungyeol stated. “Bye, dae”

“Bye, hyung” Daeyeol whispered through the line “I miss you”

“I miss you too” Sungyeol smiled.

 

When he returned to class, the substitute teacher glared at him “You!” Sungyeol looked at her with uncaring eyes that she almost flinched because it looks too natural that it's scary.

“Sit down!” the sub teacher’s voice boomed through the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter