For his friend.

Ambivalence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu walked in the room, a stoic expression on his face as he hands Jaehwan the tray and a first aid kit before waking up sungyeol. Jaehwan didn’t pay no mind as to why sunggyu gave him the first aid kit.

Sungyeol stirs in his sleep, staggering a bit as he tries to sit down. He looks around in his room, looking for the she-devil. He sighs, relief washing over him. She was no longer here. He looks at jaehwan and his eyes widen, looking at the cut on his lip, knowing who did that. He shoots him an apology before looking at sunggyu.

It doesn’t sit right in his stomach as to why sunggyu was looking at him with such eyes, asking for the first aid kid and telling jaehwan to fix his lip too. Sungyeol thinks jaehwan asked for it. Somehow, along his wincing and cringing (because sunggyu would pressed it down for reasons unknown) he'd thought sunggyu was still fuming mad at how he hadn’t changed his clothes overnight.

“Hyung” Sungyeol started. “Sorry about ye—“

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Sunggyu’s voice was strained. As if he’s holding back. Sungyeol knows this tone. The tone he uses when he sees something unpleasant or disappointing or both.

Sungyeol looks at him, confused.

“The devil who did that to your lips” He averts his attention at sungyeol and looks at Jaehwan’s shocked face. ”What? Were you planning on not telling me? Or us?”

Sungyeol looks at him, gaping. If Sungyeol wasn’t sick and he wasn’t fuming, he’d had laugh at how cute Sungyeol looked. “H-how?” He breaks out in stutter as he looks at jaehwan who immediately raises his hand, shaking his head.

“I saw her.” Sunggyu grits out. “I was gonna give this to you but then I heard a crash and saw her practically clawing his lips”

“I…” Sungyeol doesn’t know what to say.

“You know what, i'm not even gonna listen. I’m telling them” Sunggyu stands up and went to the door. Sungyeol who was too dumbfounded to move earlier, immediately ran to him, closing his door.

“You’re not.” He says, panting and shaking due to the panic that was flowing in his veins and the fever. He knows his temperature was rising despite the fact that he just drank medicine. Sungyeol’s whole was shaking that he had to lean on the door for support. He stares at sunggyu in horror, his eyes blood shot.

He doesn’t know why he’s stopping his hyung. Maybe because Myungsoo wouldn’t believe them? Myungsoo would take her side? Or… The disappointment and the anguish on myungsoo’s face with the outcome? He doesn’t want to see that on the younger’s face. Not now, not ever.

Sunggyu glares at him despite wanting to cradle the latter for looking so vulnerable “And what” He spits out, venom in his voice “Let her do those to you?! When had this began?! God, sungyeol!” Sunggyu was mad. He had never been mad his whole entire life. Maybe he was, but not like this. Seeing his father’s secretary trading information about their company was nothing compared to this. That… that devil not only hurt his friends but she lied to Myungsoo. Lied to them.

“It’s.... It's nothing, hyung” Sungyeol whispered, afraid that the others might hear their conversation. His heart beating as he looks at sunggyu with tears in his eyes. He wasn't suppose to cry now. Not when sunggyu was here.

“Sungyeol, this is going nowhere.” Sunggyu hisses. “Move out of the way.”

“Please… please, don’t” He pants out as he slumps down the door, quivering. Chanting the words ‘please don’t’ like a mantra. Sunggyu looks down, at the shaking sungyeol, petrified. Sungyeol was never one to break down. It hurt his heart seeing him so broken. He crouches down eye level with him, jaehwan trying to calm him down.

“You’re already hurt as it is. Why… why do you..” Sunggyu doesn’t know how to continue his sentence. Why was he protecting the one who giving him pain?

The room was quiet. Only sungyeol’s hard breath ricocheting and the constant breaking of something. Something that they know. “He’s… happy” He lets out, barely audible. They both know he was on the verge of crying, Jaehwan assisted Sungyeol and gently placed him on the bed, wiping the sweats that were forming.

“Please.” Sungyeol says one last time as he puts a hand on his eyes, sunggyu and jaehwan looking at him with pained expression as they see a stray tear on sungyeol’s cheeks making its way down. He was still shaking hard as he bits his lips trying not to produce any sound. Sunggyu had never seen Sungyeol cry ever since what happened when they were little (he forgot what was the reason) and he’d had never seen sungyeol more hurt than this. More broken.

Sunggyu and Jaehwan both looked away, unable to take the sight before going out.

Sunggyu mutters “We’re just here if you need anything” before closing the door. They know sungyeol would want to be alone.

 

Sunggyu and jaehwan went down with a gloomy atmosphere as they headed to the living room where the guys are. They both looked at Minah and myungsoo who were cuddling and bit their lips. They felt disgusted. If it wasn’t for woohyun interrupting their stupor, it would have bled. Unfortunately for jaehwan, it already did.

“Hey” Woohyun started “How’s sungyeol?”

“You didn’t let me see my baby, hyung! Why do you steal him away from me!” Dongwoo whined.

“Why do you steal him from me, hyung? He’s my cousin” Sungjong frowned at this.

At the menti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter