Times like this...

Ambivalence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungyeol sighs as he looks at his Americano. He stirs it for the nth time since he sat at the café a couple of hours ago. He takes a sip yet again and back to stirring. Sungyeol hears feint giggles of either of his sides but doesn’t give it into mind.

He doesn’t remember what time he sat here but he knows he’s been sitting here for a long time now that if he was the manager he’d kick himself out. (the manager doesn’t care because girls buy something in the café just to get a glimpse of him plus he’s so used to sungyeol’s presence by now) He also knows his friends are out celebrating or something… He doesn’t remember.

Sungyeol hears the clinking of doors for the nth time today but smiles when he hears a familiar sigh on his side.

“Are you insane?”

Sungyeol looked from the window to the younger. “Insanely smart?” He smiled.

“No” He shook his head “Insanely stupid, hyung.”

“Yah, Lee Jaehwan! That’s not the way to talk to someone older than you”

“Don’t try to change the topic, hyung” Jaehwan furrowed his brows. “Why did you do that?”

Sungyeol turned back to look at the busy afternoon street and smiled “He’s my best… Friend.”

“That’s not it. You know that’s not what I mean” Jaehwan sighed. Sometimes—even though they’re in the same position—he just doesn’t understand this hyung of his.

“Why?”

“You’re in pain”

“So are you...”

“Yeah.. That’s why I know…”

“It’s okay” He dismisses. Jaehwan knows it’s not because one, sungyeol answers shortly and that mean’s he’s in debate with his self. And when he’s in such state, Jaehwan is afraid he’ll do something stupid.

Silence passed as it is and a waiter came by earlier, he ordered a caramel macchiato (Sungyeol does not understand why he drinks such sweet thing) and another silence passed as an occasional shriek from the girls probably from both jaehwan and sungyeol’s handsomeness.

“Aren’t we too unlucky?” Sungyeol speaks for the first time in an hour and jaehwan smiles as he looks at the window.

“too much, I guess.”

“Yeah..” Sungyeol chuckles as he remembers the scene from earlier.

 

FLASHBACK

 

Sungyeol is wakened harshly by a hand shaking him, actually it was from the loud opening of door, and voice resonating through the empty house.

“Hyung! Hyung! D-Day! D-day! And it’s 1pm Christ hyung!” The one shaking him repeated.

Sungyeol mentally sighs but chuckles and pats myungsoo’s back once before nodding. “Yeah. Are you ready?”

He looks at myungsoo’s reflection on the mirror as he stands up and went to his closet. He looked really happy. It hurts his heart. “yeah! I’m nervous!”

“You don’t have to be. Just be you” you’re already perfect enough. He smiles as he opens the door to the bathroom, raising a hand up to myungsoo’s face stopping him from entering. “Stop right there, Mister” He chuckles “I won’t be long. Go eat downstairs. I told Ahjumma to cook for you.”

“Aren’t you eating?”

“Not hungry” He waves his hand and finally closes the door, his smile disappearing too.

He sighs and looks at the clothes he picked and tosses them at the side before ruffling his hair. “what the heck am I doing…” he whispers.

 

“So, Where are the other guys?” Sungyeol asks opening the door of Myungsoo’s car and riding shotgun (if it was others they’d probably be dead by now. Myungsoo says it’s for the best friend and the girl of his life only.)

“Getting the place ready” He grins.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter