Used to it.

Ambivalence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo had rushed to the hospital, drench in rain. He looked for the room that Minah was in and immediately went to her.

“Minah…” He started when he opened the door only to see her sleeping with things connected to her. Damn, that bastard. What had Minah done for him to do this?!

“How is she?” Myungsoo asked Minah’s friends whose eyes were swollen.

“Her head bumped onto a shelf” She started, “The doctors said it was concussion and that she should be awake in a few days or so…”

Myungsoo’s glad that it wasn’t something major but he’s still worried and mad. He is so mad that he should have punched his best friend—ex best friend some more before coming here. He is mad because what the had that bastard been thinking for hurting his girlfriend?!

“I see..” Myungsoo said, removing the hair away from Minah’s face.

A little after 30 minutes had passed he hears familiar voices talking outside before the opening of the door was heard.

“L..” Sunggyu started, worry written all over his face. He knows Minah’s horrible for doing things to sungyeol. But this was insane, Sungyeol would never do this. But he isn’t answering his phone and he isn't sure what to believe she was here and where was sungyeol?

“Is she okay?” Woohyun asked, rushing to them.

Myungsoo sighed, nodding. “I hope so.”

“What was hyung thinking?” Sungjong gritted out his sentence. “I know that he’s uncomfortable with noona, but this is insane!”

“Don’t mention him in front of me!” Myungsoo growled.

Silence followed them after. Dongwoo who wasn’t comfortable with the unbearing silence, went near myungsoo and gave him fruits and some spear of clothes.

“You should change..” Dongwoo suggested.

Myungsoo nodded.


Midnight came and the rings of their alarms came, knowing what it means, It was sungyeol’s birthday.

Usually at this time, they’d have sneaked in on sungyeol’s house and party till they’re too wasted to function and open gifts and drink and have fun and dance around.

But not this year.

Because this year, instead of a happy atmosphere, Myungsoo became more furious. Instead of sending sappy happy birthday’s, they had sent a dull. ‘happy birthday’ one. And instead of being with sungyeol, the celebrant, they were in the hospital because of sungyeol.

Morning came, or was it still night? It was only 4am and sungyeol knows he would be yelled at if Jaehwan realizes that he had sneaked out, though he knows he went to Malaysia for a schedule earlier, bought flowers and drove with only one hand on the stirring wheel, with his body aching.

The drive was pretty short, only an hour drive, where he stopped at a private cemetery. Limping his way up, knowing exactly where his sister’s grave was located, he stopped and crouched down, cringing at how his body can barely stand.

“Noona…” he started, attempting to arrange the flower with one hand. “It’s been a long time.. It's my birthday today, remember?” He shook his head, the smile on his lips falling "Of course you would.. I'm sorry, noona..."

“You know, last night, Myungsoo got angry with me.. I did something wrong again. I’m sorry, I only seem to be doing everything wrong when it’s my birthday.” Sungyeol feel the tears spilling. “I’m sorry, noona. I’m sorry. I’m sorry that you’re there, instead of me. I’m sorry for everything..I’m sorry that I had been born.. I'm sorry." He chanted his sorry's like a mantra and his tears are spilling because he feels like he's such a burden to everybody.

Sungyeol talked for hours, and he knows he should get going by now. So he wipes his tears that were still falling.

“Noona, I’m going.” He started “I’ll visit you again before i go... see you..”

 

If he wasn’t injured and jaehwan was in korea, he would definitely have kicked sungyeol for going to school with his injuries.

He was in his school uniform, wearing the blazer despite it being sunny, because his bandage didn’t look well with his uniform and he doesn't want anyone to know because it was his fault. Everything was his fault.

He’s thankful for the medicine he took earlier before he drove because he could only feel a slight sting when he moves but his wrist still hurts. It hurts so badly but he still put

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter