That big of a change

Ambivalence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’ve changed” Sunggyu hisses as he looks at sungyeol, annoyed evident on his face. Sungyeol’s been straying away from them for a couple of weeks now and they barely see him smile which is a big thing. It either means it’s the end of the world or it’s the ing end of the world.

Sometimes, when offered food, sungyeol would just nod, take it, then thank them. It was getting harder to talk to him. Not jaehwan though, because jaehwan knows. And woohyun too.

Sungyeol looks down at his food, not knowing what to do. Was the change that big? What can he do though? Everytime he’s with his friends he sees myungsoo and minah all loving, he still wasn’t ready for that no matter how much he tried. It pains him. He really did tried to get used to it though but myungsoo wasn’t helping. The guy had been sticking to him nonstop for the past couple of days saying he had something to talk about but forgot so he’s staying near sungyeol. Bringing minah along. Even at his house.

The girl could be an award winning actress, to be honest. When Myungsoo went to the kitchen for water she stepped on his foot which led to sungyeol cringing and myungsoo asking why then yet again led to minah acting that sungyeol stepped on her foot. What the actual .

Best of it all though, was that myungsoo believed her and immediately yelled at him “What the are you actually doing? You are so immature.” He said and left with minah sneakily smirking without sungyeol having the chance to explain. Sungyeol slumped down the seat and stayed up all night that time, he went to school with a massive headache.

“Sorry..” He mutters, heart heavy. It physically pains hm to even talk out loud. It felt bad.

“Sorry doesn’t change it! God damn it!” Sunggyu growled, woohyun trying to calm him down knowing the reason why sungyeol’s been acting different. “We try to talk to you, but you shrug it off!” He yells before going out of the restaurant, woohyun trailing behind whilst Dongwoo and hoya looking around awkwardly.

“uh…” Dongwoo began “That was… intense.”

“Yeah..” Hoya nods along, awkwardly scratching his cheek.

Sungyeol feels sorry for ruining their lunch the second time this week. The first being Myungsoo yelling at him for unknown reason. He does however remember two words "Minah said." Jaehwan was ready to pounce on myungsoo that time for calling him names if it wasn't for sungyeol saying it was okay and that it wasn't something that he couldn't handle. But he wasn't one to deny that it didn't hurt like a .

“Sorry..” he stands up and smiles at them before going to the office. His father wanted to talk to him about work before classes starts at noon.

 

Woohyun follows a fuming sunggyu and debating with himself whether he should tell or not. But... Sungyeol would understand right?

“Can you leave me for a minute?” Sunggyu hisses as he looks at woohyun, who shakes his head in response.

“Nah” He started “You tend to do stupid things when you’re angry.”

Sunggyu rolls his eyes and continues to ignore woohyun as he walks to the park, seating at an empty bench, woohyun seating next to him.

A couple of silence passed and woohyun took the initiative to break it “Why are you so mad?”

Sunggyu doesn’t answer at first but woohyun knows he will so he waits. Sunggyu sighs before opening his mouth. “I’m just… Annoyed. He hasn’t been talking to us at all. He’s time is limited here, least he could do is make this memorable.”

“You really are nice” Woohyun chuckled, looking at sunggyu.

Sunggyu gave him the eye “we’re not ta—“

“He’s hurting” woohyun interrupted sunggyu, earning him a confused expression. “He’s hurt..”

Sunggyu furrows his brows. “Who is?”

“Sungyeol is”

“what do you…” Sunggyu is confused. What did he mean by hurt?!

“How can he make the year memorable if he sees it everyday?" He sighs." I don’t know how he copes with seeing the person he likes be with someone, but he’s doing the best he can.” Woohyun continues and looks at sunggyu in the eyes and sees the confusion in there and a glint of realization. “I know you aren’t very close with sungyeol as much as you are with the others. Don’t give me that look, gyu” He chuckles “You get mad at him so easily even th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter