A gift

Yes, Boss!!

 

‘Lydia!’ I called. ‘Yes, boss?’ ‘Do you know the song…’ I can’t really remember the song name and so I tried to humming the lullaby for her. ‘Oh it is close to you by carpenters!’ she said and continue arranging the files on the tables. ‘can you get that song for me?’ I asked. ‘why?’ she give a curious look at me ‘don’t you only love hip hop music like yo yo yo bro?!’ she tried to intimate the hip hop style and makes me laugh. ‘I just feel it is really nice!’ I explained. ‘o…ok! I will get for you!’ she said. ‘If can help me brought two Ipods and input more those kind of music! Please!’ I begged. ‘Two iPods? Why you need two Ipods? One enough, right?! ’ she said. Actually I was planned to gift to her as I saw her the screen of the Ipod already damaged. ‘Just brought it for me and I will pay you the money ok?!’ I lazy to explain to her as I knew she will think nonsense. ‘ok! What color?’ she said forcefully. ‘huh? What color?’ damn what color she will likes? I don’t really know! ‘what color do you like?’ I asked. She burst out a big laugh and said ‘Don’t you tell me you are going to gift me this as a present!’ ‘No!’ she come close to me and rest her arms on my shoulder ‘are you trying to get me, Mr. Choi?’ she lifted up my chin and said. ‘No! Definitely no! Why should I?!’ I jump up from my chairs and said. She laughed even louder ‘of course I know you won’t! We played since we are small! If you have feeling on me, you would at the first place! So tell me who the girl is!’ she come closer to me and ask ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about!’ I walked to another direction.

‘Alright! You don’t want to tell me is fine!’ she stops teasing me and walking out the room ‘White!’ she said before she walks out the room. ‘What?’ I asked. ‘I likes white and normally girls loves that color too!’ after she said, she show me a victory sign without looking at me. Haiz… this Lydia.  

‘Sorry, I’m late!’ she ran into café with full of wetness. I held her the napkin ‘Thanks!’ she said as she use it to wipe her face. ‘Why you want to meet me, Mr. Choi?’ she asked after that she sniff. ‘Mianhe~’ she apologized after that. ‘It’s alright! You must be getting cold! Drink this!’ I held the hot almond chocolate I order for her. ‘Thanks!’ she quickly takes a sip. ‘Sorry for asked you out in this raining day! Now caused you all wet and get cold.’ I said. ‘It’s ok, Mr. Choi! I just forget bring umbrella this morning so…’ she said ‘don’t call me Mr. Choi! Drop those formalities! Is over office hours, un we? Call me SeungHyun. ’

‘Seunghyun oppa!’ she nodded and smiled ‘So anything you find me for?’ she asked. ‘Oh ya I almost forget! This~’ I take out the Ipod and give it to her ‘for you!’ ‘Ipod?’ she was shocked ‘Yea. That day I saw yours, the screen a bit broken so I brought it to gift you as a return for you to accompany for the whole day!’ she pushed back to me ‘you don’t need to!’ with a smile. ‘No I insist! As a friend’s gift?’ I said. ‘if you treat me as a friend, then helping friend shouldn’t get for any return! This is too expensive for a friend’s gift!’ she reject friendly again. ‘Actually it … it was a free gift item…erm’ I rubbed my neck and lied. She look at me and I knew I can’t lied to her ‘sorry I lied! I really wish to give you this! I really appreciate you as my friend. ’ she smiled ‘alright but I owe you a dinner!’ ‘DEAL!’ I said happily. ‘Listen it! I already input some songs in it and I wish you love it!’ she played the songs and she seem enjoy in the music. ‘it’s…Hachu…’ she sniff again ‘all are my favorite songs! Where did…hachu… you found it??’ ‘I…I…’ I smiled as I don’t know how to explain to her. All thanks to Lydia, but I’m so glad she loves it.