Humiliation

Yes, Boss!!

 

...
'Umma... Appa!' My sister shouted as  she saw my parents.'umma!appa!' I greet my parent and hugged them. 'YoungDon! YoungDeuk! Help madam and sir take their luggages!' I commanded and 'umma, later we having lunch together ok?' I crossed my mom's arms. 'Ok!' She smiled and gently touched my face. 'Noona come with us neh?' I asked. 'But later my fashion company have meeting!' She said.' I want to introduce someone to you all. Noona can't you cancel or postpone the meeting? Please?!' I pouted.'aigo look at my lovely brother! You thought you're still 5 years old?' My Noona said with smile. 'Alright we will have lunch together! It's been long time that we didn't eat together! Hye Yoon, you cancel the meeting then!' My mom pat on my hand and said with smile. 'Yeh umma!' As my Noona crossed my father's arms 'appa, let's go! SeungHyun ah, did you book the restaurant already?' She look at me and asked. I nodded and said ' it's in G hotel! But you, umma and appa go first!' I said. 'Son, you're not coming with us?' My dad asked. 'Appa, I have something to do first!' I said.
 
...
Seunghyun said he is going to bring me to meet his parents. What I should do? Do I wear proper? Will they like me? I was so nervous and keep on checking on the clock! Finally I heard some sound from outside. I look out the window and it is SeungHyun's car. 
 
...
During the journey, she was quiet. 'Jagiya~ why you're so quiet today?' I asked. ' oppa! What if they don't like me?' She said.'dont worry much!'
I hold her hand tight after we get down the car and get in the hotel. I could tell she is very nervous. 'Umma, appa, this is my girlfriend, Jang Hye Pyeong!' I introduce  her to them. She take a bow and said 'annyeonghaseyo, Aunty and uncle!' 
 
... 
As we get into the room, the younger lady 'scan' me from head to toes. I guess that is his sister. After I greeted them, I lifted my head and look at them. They doesn't seem to friendly to me, but then I forcefully smile and sit down as SeungHyun lead me. During the meal, all of us were quiet. SeungHyun said before this is their home culture, while eating shouldn't talk. After we finished the main course and waiting for the dessert, her sister start asking 'Hye Pyeong, which university you been graduated? And what business your father is running?' 'Im graduated from YG university and my father do not run any business. He is a clerk in a company!' As I said, she rolled her eyes and refuse to look at me anymore.'so you mean you do not have any family background?' She said. I feel she look down at me already and do not like me. 'Hye Yoon! Don't be so rude!' SeungHyun's mom said. ' Hye Pyeong, where you're working now?' She asked. 'In our company, mom! She now work as my personal secretary!' SeungHyun answered happily. 'Seunghyun I'm not asking you! Since when you become so no manners?' His mom said with unpleasant. ' neh aunty! I'm working as SeungHyun's secretary  now!' I said politely. ' Hye Pyeong, you have to know that SeungHyun is the one and only successor of Choi family! Our family only allowed to accept girl who come from the same background as us! Do you get what I mean?' She already hint that the relationship of me and SeungHyun were not been approved. 
 
...
How could mom said that to Hye Pyeong? 'Umma!' I shouted .'enough! I think Ms Jang also tired! YoungDon!' My mom called and YoungDon come close 'send Ms. Jang home!''Yes, madam!' Thanks for having lunch with us! Nice to meet you!'the words she said is gentle but I know she mean the other way round. I feel I'm going to tear up but I have to be strong if not SeungHyun will be worry. 'Umma I could send Hye Pyeong back!' 'Is Ms Jang!' Hye Yoon said 'Noona!'SeungHyun shouted angrily. 'It's ok SeungHyun! I go back to the office first!' I bow and say goodbye.
 
After I went back to office, I can't stop thinking about the lunch scenario. Now,great! Their parents do not approve our relationship. What to do?
 
...
'Umma, Noona how could you all do this to my girlfriend?' I said.'SeungHyun ah, we do this is for your own good! She is just another poor kid! She be with you is only for your money!' My Noona said. I was angry! How could she accused her like this? 'You have no rights to say that! You don't even know her!' I shouted loud at her. I never being like this to my sister and this is the first time.'SeungHyun! How could you talk to your sister like this?' My mom shouted. 'Mom, you all shouldn't  do this! If you love me, you all...'I shouted angrily and my father stand up and said' SeungHyun can't talk to your mother and sister like this! Un you said you have something to busy on?'my dad make a wink to hint me leave before the situation and so I leave. 
As I back to office, I saw Hye Pyeong sitting alone in the room. She looks sad.