Liars

Yes, Boss!!

 

‘aha~~’ I left out a shout and closed my eyes, rest for a while. I really don’t know what to do?! What should I choose? ‘Oppa?!’ then I heard her voice. I open my eyes and look at her, who carrying the dinner for me. ‘Oppa, you didn’t eat since this afternonn! Eat something ok?’ she placed the food on my desk. I nodded and eat it. I don’t really feel eating but I don’t want her worry. ‘Oppa?!’ she calling me again ‘yes, baby?’ I lift my head and look at her.

I knew something must be happening. I know as an understandable lover, I shouldn’t force him to say it when he don’t feel he want to share. However, I really can’t stand to see him in this way. He looks so weak and sad. It’s sliding my heart piece by piece. I swear my heart is beating now. ‘Baby, why you crying?’ he nervously asked and place down his spoon, come near to me. ‘oppa can you tell me what is happening? Why you acting like this after coming back from your parent’s house??!!’ I asked with tears. He left out a heavy sigh ‘umma…my umma…she…erm…got cancer!’ he said and my jaw drop down low. ‘CANCER?!!’ ‘neh! Blood cancer! Doctor said the cancer cell already spread the whole body.’ When he said this, the nightmare came back to me. My mom passed away due to this, now it happens to seunghyun’s mother?! Oh no… cant be… I start crying!

Sawing her crying due to the news, makes me want to cry too. My umma and noona dislike her so much but she don’t blame them. In fact, she even feel sad for my umma as if that is her own mother. I hugged her tight and ‘hush! Hush!! Shhrrrrr…don’t cry!’ I comfort her while rubbing up and down on her back. Deep in my heart, I’m crying badly too. I don’t want to lose her or my mother. However, I know someday I have to make the decision. For tonight, I just want to be with her and forget about everything.

Next morning, we get to work and at the lunch time. ‘Baby, I gotta go out for a while! You eat your lunch by your own, is that ok?’ SeungHyun said and kiss me when no one is around. I smiled and nodded. Still have time! I look at my watch and so I immediately run to Lydia ‘Lydia unnie!’ I pat on her shoulder who standing in front the photocopy machine ‘neh?’ she turn and answer me ‘I want to ask for half day leaves! Can i?’ ‘why?’ ‘I have something to do! Something personal!’ I want to visit SeungHyun’s mom but I cant tell her as she still don’t know I was dating SeungHyun and Im not sure whether she knew about SeungHyun’s mom illness news. ‘oh~ ’ she check on her notebook ‘hmm…ok! Since today we don’t have much schedule to go and Mr. Choi also might not be coming back later! You go do your stuff!’ she smiled and I bow and thanks her.

Forgive me, baby! I thought of it as I leaving Hye Pyeong. I actually going back to visit my mom but I cant let her follow me. I don’t want to get my umma and noona angry over her. At this moment, my phone rang ‘yeoboseyo?’ ‘yo, bro! the doctor you asked me to find, I got to contact him!’ taeyang said on the other side ‘oh yeah? Do you get the contact number?’ ‘actually I’m going to the airport to fetch him, why don’t you come along and so you could explain the situation of ahjuma along the way to your home?!’ he suggested ‘oh~ sure! I’ll be going airport now too. Wait for me!’ ‘ok got cha!’ he end up the call and I rush to the airport.

‘erm excuse me! I’ll here to visit Mrs. Choi!’ I push the speaker and said ‘who are you?’ the other side asked ‘I’m …’ should I said I’m SeungHyun’s girlfriend?! I struggle about it ‘sorry? I cant heard you!’ it said ‘I’m SeungHyun’s friend, Jang Hye Pyeong!’ I sallow my saliva, praying they let me in. Surprise me they really open the door.  The old man come to lead me into the SeungHyun’s mom room and the house is really big. If not him, leading me I think I might get lost. ‘You’re here?!’ I saw Hye Yoon is in there too, peeling orange for her umma. ‘Annyeonghaseyo, ahjumma and noona!’ I bow and greet them but they ignore as if im not there. I placed the fruits I brought on the coffee table ‘this is for you! hope you recover soon!’ Her umma look at the old man and he immediately keep it ‘Thank you! Ms…Jang!’ her umma emphasized my surname as how much she doesn’t like to see me here.  ‘I think is better that you call me Mrs. Choi! We are not that close!’ she said without looking at me. ‘neh!’ I nodded. Hye Yoon stand up and look at the fruit that I brought. She pick one from it and said ‘this kind of cheap fruit you also dare to gift people?’ she throw it back to me. I feel so humiliated but I bend down and pick it up. ‘Hye Yoon! How could you be so rude to our guest?’ she walk near to me and help me get up. ‘She is poor and that is fact! Everyone knew it! How high class you expect her gift would be, right?’ they laughed. I feel my tears fill up but I have to hold on ‘I’m sorry, ahju-’ she stare at me fiercely ‘no I mean Mrs. Choi! If you don’t like those, I would buy some new one for you!’ ‘yewww you means those are old?’ Hye Yoon quickly throw the whole basket away ‘no! no! those are new and fresh! I mean…’ I immediately explain. ‘don’t ever think you treat us with this little cheap stuff, me and my mom will approve you and SeungHyun’s marriage!’ Hye Yoon yelled angrily. ‘I…I don’t mean that! I’m sincere to-’ before I could completed my sentence, her umma voice up ‘Ms. Jang! Ms. Jang!’ she shake her head while calling me ‘I don’t know are you that innocent or anything! You thought I would really approve and let my son to marry you?’ the way she talk doesn’t seem like a patient, but I could only care less. ‘Mrs. Choi I don’t know what you mean!’ I said and she walk towards the drawer. She get out a cheque book ‘now take this and leave!’ she give the cheque to me. ‘I… I don’t need this!’ I push it away ‘I really sincerely come to visit you! I heard from seunghyun that you are sick so…’ she laughed loud ‘I’m sick?! Ha~ stop cursing me!’ she said. She is not sick?! Cant be! SeungHyun told me. With full of doubts, I heard Hye Yoon continue saying ‘My umma is healthy than you, !!’ ‘Hye Yoon, don’t need to talk with her so much! Give her the money and chase her out!’ her mom commanded.  She force me to hold on the cheque and pushing me out from the room.

No! I need to make it clear! So I escape from her pushing and ran back to the room ‘Mrs. Choi what you mean you’re healthy? Un SeungHyun said you’re having blood cancer?’ she is drinking the tea elegantly. She put it down ‘you wont go if you don’t get the answer , don’t you?’ I nodded and stand still even they try to pull me out ‘ok! Let her go!’ she commanded the maid and Hye Yoon. ‘You listen carefully, this is all lies!! If I’m not doing this, how you think my son would come back to me?! ’ I cant believe what she said. How could she being like this, cheating his son in this way. ‘how could you do this? You call up this, you don’t want to see him happy!’ I said ‘don’t teach me how to makes my family happy!’ she shouted at me loudly. she stand up with a sweep on her lap, walk closer to me and said gently ‘I think now you should leave!’ she is scary! She could be angrily and gentle at the same time. Her expression turns faster than the movie screen ‘do you know how deeply sad he is last night? How could you lie to him like this?’ I shouted ‘he will thanks me after this!’ she walks to the window and said.